Rise Summer Event: Summer of Thorns

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Rise Summer Event: Summer of Thorns

Postby Neah » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:19 pm

A rival group has taken up residence on the outskirts of your territory! It's your job to figure out why they're there, and what to do about them. Work your way through the puzzle with a group of your choice, with plenty of twists and turns on the way. Hopefully, you're able to end this invasion without an all-out war.
Answer writing prompts and drawing prompts for a chance to gain reputation points, which can be put to use buying fun items from our store.

WRITING PROMPTS

Each writing prompt you finish you will earn reputation points! For writing prompts to count they must answer the prompt in a relevant way and be between 400 and 600 words.

Completed writing prompt = 5 reputation points

DRAWING PROMPTS

Drawing prompts are an extra way to earn reputation points. They are not necessary for participating in the event, but they're an extra challenge and something you are able to do throughout the whole event.

Finished, colored piece (fullbody) = 4 reputation points {X}
Finished piece PLUS partial background = 5 reputation points {X} (1-3 distint and unique objects.)
Finished piece PLUS full background = 7reputation points {X} (4+ distint and unique objects.)

Just filling the space around the cat does not count as a background.

xx
Last edited by Neah on Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Neah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby Neah » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:36 pm

1. All site and Rise rules apply during this event.
    2. Once you choose a path you can't go back; choose wisely.
    3. All prompt answers are to be submitted via their respective form on their respective thread.
    4. Once a new writing prompt it opened up, you can't go back and answer a previous one. You can jump in on a current prompt even if you haven't participated in previous ones.
    5. Art prompts are open for the entire event.
    6. You may only answer each prompt once.
    7. You aren't required to do both the art and writing prompts; do what you're able.
Last edited by Neah on Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Neah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prompt 1

Postby Neah » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:37 pm

»»———— • ————««

You notice a large group of cats has taken up residence on the edges of your territory. They don't
seem interested in talking to you, or discussing what they're doing on your land. You sit back to watch
them for a few days, trying to figure out what they're doing. In these days, they move further and further
onto your territory, taking your land and hunting your prey. No one is really sure what to do about it, but
you know something has to be done.

»»———— • ————««

Prompt 1: Write about the clan meeting called to discuss these intruders. What does your clan plan to do?
Art Prompt 1: Your clan can't quite get a good look at these visitors, but you've caught small peaks at various
members of the group. Perhaps if you add all that you know together you'll know what one looks like? Draw what
you think one of these mysterious usurpers looks like.

End Date: This writing prompt closes at 11:59 pm EST on the 16th. The art prompt does not close.

Code: Select all
[b]Writing Prompt![/b]
Username:
Clan Thread:
Prompt Writing:
Code: Select all
[b]Art Prompt![/b]
Username:
Clan Thread:
Prompt Art:
Last edited by Neah on Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rise Summer Event: Summer of Thorns

Postby dimi. » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:25 pm

"A battle may be on the horizon..."
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Writing Prompt!
Username: Dimi.
Clan Thread: Silentclan
Prompt Writing:
"Amberstar, Amberstar wake up.." The ginger she-cat cooed softly, her voice echoing off of the cavern walls. The cream coloured she-cat lay in her moss bed in a deep slumber. She turned her head over her shoulder, looking up at Willowsong. Her eyes were flooded with equal worry and curiosity as she sat up, lapping at her paw briefly to slick her individual strands of fur that were sticking up down before she rose to her paws. "What is it, Willowsong?"

"The border patrol has sighted some other cats. They seemed to be travelling together, perhaps about four of them. You need to call a meeting right now. This could be dangerous for us." Amberstar locked her eyes with Willowsong's, nodding softly. "I trust your judgment. Come. You need to gather beneath leader's rock with the others." Willowsong nodded before jerking her body to the right, darting out of the den. Amberstar made her way out of the den quickly, rocking up the large rock that stood just before her den entrance. She looked at the clearing of the camp, where only a few cats seemed to be awake. She tilted her head towards the sky, took in a sharp breath, and let out a loud yowl.

"May all cats who are old enough to hunt their own prey gather beneath Leader's Rock! Wake up your peers if you must, this is an urgent meeting." Upon the she-cat's yowl, several cats emerged from their dens, looking at one another frantically. Quiet whispers were echoing through out the camp as one by one the cats began to sit beneath the shade provided by leader's rock. Amberstar's hazel eyes drifted over each cat individually, doing a roll call silently in her mind. She waited for the last few cats to arrive, watching as Willowsong sat the front beside the other medicine cat Poppyflame.

When Amberstar took a seat on her haunches at the edge of her rock, the crowd instantly silenced, her look without even speaking enough to startle the strongest of cats. She took in a sharp breath, and spoke before the clan. "This morning, I was alerted that a border patrol saw some rogue cats. May you please stand and join me on leader's rock?" With this request, three warriors stood, the warriors being Doeheart, Mayflower, and Brackenhaze. They made their way beside Amberstar, standing in silence. "I want you three to describe the cats you saw."

The larger flame point, Mayflower, made her way forward to speak before the clan. "We saw four cats, although there is the potential for more. They were travelling in a group. We are certain we saw one with a collar, but we did not confront them directly. We apologize for the vagueness." Amberstar nodded respectively, looking at the clan. "We are going to start our hunt immediately. Four cats will be sent to each edge of the forest, and until nightfall, you must keep an eye for these cats. We will switch off periodically. These cats have foolishly decided to trifle with Silentclan, and for that, they will pay. Brackenhaze, Doeheart, Mayflower, and Sundrop, you are in charge of guarding the north border. Acornskip, Heatherpool, Sagestrike, and Cindershade, you will guard the south border. Morningdew, Poppyflame, Wolfwind, and Aspencloud, you will be responsible for the west border. The east border will be guarded by myself, Rosethorn, and Shellstep. Do I make myself clear?" The cats began yowling excitedly, pleading for good battle.

"Then this meeting is dismissed!" With that, the eager cats instantly began to move out of the camp, beginning their hunt. [600 words exactly]

Art Prompt!
Username: Dimi.
Clan Thread: Silentclan
Prompt Art:
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Last edited by dimi. on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have quit this game as of September 15th, 2022 and will only be around on December 18th for pets to sell.

Please contact me on Flightrising should I have any adoptables floating around you would like to purchase for C$ should a species TOS allow it. You may message here, but chances are I won't see it for a while.
dimi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ajax. » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:38 pm

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Writing Prompt!
Username: Ajax.
Clan Thread: ThistleClan
Prompt Writing:
Alright everyone calm down! We'll figure out how to deal with this!
AdderStar's loud meow echoed off the steep ravine that surrounded the camp, he squared his stance on the large branch of ThistleTree and flattened his fluffy ears. His amber eyes scanned over the gathered cats below him and he cleared his throat once more.
So many cats have already come to him in a panic, not sure what was happening with the group of strange cats that seemed to be inching closer to them with each closing minute.
BlueStorm tried to calm the wardens that were in an uproar, and LittleSpark was nearly as shaken as the rest of the rangers. AdderStar lifted his foreleg, wanting nothing more than to cover his eyes and pray to the ancestors that this was just a bad dream. He never had a hard time calming the clan before, but he also never had a situation even remotely close to this one.
The cats that gathered below him didn't seem to quiet, fur bristled and ears flattened, eyes wide and claws unsheathed. SmokeWater yowled, unsure how to deal with all of this.
The paladins can't go near the river! We have to go all the way to the lake to get our paws wet!
They're eating all the prey!
They've taken over the deer fields! They're closing in on the woods!

AdderStar huffed, his claws sinking in slightly to the bark he sat on.
ENOUGH!
immediately the cats quieted, their heads turning to regard their chief. The chocolate tabby breathed a sigh of relief, shifting in place and feeling his thick pelt flatten. He looked back over at his advisors, who were looking back up to let him go on. The large broad shouldered tom let out a soft huff to clear his throat, he'll definitely need some honey later.
I know that this is a very concerning time, but we will get through this. He told them, his voice soft as he didn't want to cause an uproar once more. He swallowed, looking down at his second in command, the ginger point shifting anxiously.
They don't seem dangerous, though they are persistent with not moving, they haven't attacked one of our patrols yet. the chief continued, looking back toward BlueStorm, then at SmokeWater.
Smoke, please try to relax, you'll still be able to fish there, and the lower half of the river is still free. He told the chocolate tortie, who physically relaxed, her shoulders slumping before she pricked her ears back up once more.
BlueStorm, LittleSpark, try and make the patrols more frequent around them, don't seem to threaten them, we all know how much RedShiver likes to start fights. AdderStar continued, shooting a look at his cousin, who shied away after shooting back a cocky grin.
We will not back down! If They move any farther, we won't hesitant to spill blood!
Adder stood, lashing his tail as the cats around him cheered. He smiled pridefully at his providers, and how the cats were so eager to defend their territory.
Only spill blood when necessary. SorrelWatcher stated, standing up beside HoneyWind, who nodded, knowing she'd have to fight if they went to battle, and the cinnamon caliby would have to take over as healer temporarily. The cinnamon point looked up at her chief, her pearly eyes wide, hoping he'd take the shamen's words into consideration.
The chocolate tabby nodded, unsheathing his claws. We will not back down! And if necessary we will fight with our lives! He yowled, listening to the cats around him, their battle cries growing louder.
[600 words exactly :>]

Art Prompt!
Username: Ajax.
Clan Thread: ThistleClan
Prompt Art: xXx

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by ajax. on Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ajax.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolfiedog3 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:49 pm

Writing Prompt!
    Username: Wolfiedog3
    Clan Thread: LostClan
    Prompt Writing: link [ hope it was okay to put it here <33 ]

Art Prompt!
    Username: Wolfiedog3
    Clan Thread: LostClan
    Prompt Art: Image
Last edited by Wolfiedog3 on Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfiedog3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yuroshi » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:41 pm

Writing Prompt!
Username: Yuroshi
Clan Thread: Oddclan
Prompt Writing
Fadepelt rose from the branch he had been laying on. From the time when the sun went down until it rose, he hadn't moved an inch- instead, he had been hanging over the river bank. Watching. Waiting. In the end? It paid off. A flash of a tail here, and blur as a cat sped by over there.
There's no doubt about it. They're here, and they don't plan on leaving anytime soon.
Silently, Fadepelt descended from the tree, his grey pelt making him disappear into the pebbles on the bank. Fadepelt prowled forward- away from the... visitors, and back towards the heart of his clan. As he got closer, he wondered briefly if Barkstar would even be awake yet, before shaking the thought from his head.
Of course, Barkstar was already awake and waiting by the time he returned. As Fadepelt approached, Barkstar dropped a mouse.
"Eat first, then report," he commanded. His lack of jokes showed how serious this situation truly was. Fadepelt quickly obeyed his alpha, noting that the third, and currently the last, member of their budding clan had just appeared.
Fadepelt relayed the news of the foreign cats, which seemed to have a clan of their own, and looked to be there to stay, and tried not to flinch as his Alpha's eyes hardened into ice.
He took a seat beside the Beta, and watched as Barkstar leaped effortlessly onto a branch of the Hometree, effectively calling a clan meeting.
Even the birds seemed to become silent as Barkstar spoke.
"There are cats on the border. Seemingly, some sort of clan. As long as they remain on the other side, and respect us? We will respect them. If they ignore us, we shall ignore them. Either way, we will quietly gather information on them, and find out why they're here."
Barkstar paused for a moment, focusing on both of his clanmates in turn. His voice dropped to a near whisper, and he smiled gently as he unsheathed his claws.
"Should they make the unfortunate mistake of attacking us... we will show them pain unlike any they've ever felt, and they shall die where they stand. If it comes to it, I would die to protect our home. Our family. No one can break us apart."
With that, Barkstar let loose a low thrumming growl, signaling the end of the meeting. The birds resumed their singing as Barkstar jumped down, heading out of the clan heart to patrol once more. The rest of his small clan quickly fell into step behind him.
Not a word was said as they left the heart, but each cat had eyes full of steely determination. Their heads were held high, for they knew- come what may- they wouldn't face it alone.

Art Prompt!
Username: yuroshi
Clan Thread: Oddclan
Prompt Art: Image
Last edited by Yuroshi on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yuroshi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MichelleP224 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:47 pm

Mark!
MichelleP224

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Katrione » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:13 pm

writing prompt!
username: katrione
clan thread: gorseclan
prompt writing:
palestar looked up from the hare she was sharing with blossombelly when the hunting patrol returned. an infuriated thornears shot across the clearing to the white leader, runningflame, laurelpaw and murkpaw on her heels. "thornears? what's wrong?" the gorseclan leader questioned.

"those rogues stole laurelpaw's prey!" the dark brown tabby and white she-cat hissed, her amber eyes glinting with fury. "it's not like laurelpaw hadn't caught it yet! she caught it and one of those flea-bags darted up and pounced on her! they ripped the hare from her then just trotted off like they had caught it themselves!"

"this is unacceptable!' marshbranch hissed as he prowled up up to the returning group with dawnspring, his tail lashing back and forth. the deputy turned to laurelpaw, sniffing his apprentice for any wounds. "at least you aren't hurt, but maybe next time they will hurt one of us." the chocolate spotted tabby mewed, turning to face palestar as she hauled herself onto her paws. "palestar, we need to confront them and do something about this. they've already taken a lot of our prey and some of our territory, soon we aren't going to have anything left."

runningflame narrowed his eyes as marshbranch's hostile tone. "it is a good idea to confront the rogues, but it might be best to wait and let ourselves calm down before running blind into a situation we might not be ready for, especially if we send members who are looking for a fight." the ginger and white tabby tom shot marshbranch and thornears a pointed look, earning sneers from them both.

palestar shifted, looking down at her paws as she tried to think of a solution. the black-eared she-cat didn't want to pick a fight with the rogues, especially ones that belonged to a group much larger than them. she sighed, her tail tip twitching as she jumped up onto her mound in the center of the camp, her clanmates gathering eagerly around her. "i will lead a patrol to speak with the leader of the rogues." she began, earning an annoyed growl from marshbranch and thornears. palestar shot them a glare before continuing. "it would be best to speak with them first and try to sort this whole situation out, before picking a fight. if we have no other options, then we'll be more forceful." she hopped down off the mound. "dawnspring and runningflame, you're coming with me. marshbranch, keep an eye out while we're gone to make sure the rogues don't come to the camp. clan dismissed!"
Katrione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Only_Sky » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:08 pm

Writing Prompt!
      Username: Only_Sky
      Clan Thread: Fogclan
      Prompt Writing: (598 words)

" Order, please. " Ashstar stood atop of the stump, gazing down at her clan. The cats quietened down from their chatter, turning their own gazes to her expectantly. " As most of you know now, there have been sightings of loners around the western border over the past moon. I sent Hawktail and Whitecloud out to meet these loners two runrises ago, and they have returned this morning with news on how their meeting went. If you please. " She nodded to the two cats who stood just below her, giving them the spotlight.

The white tom stepped forward and turned to face his clanmates, Hawktail settling down by his side. " Hawktail and I arrived along the border near the western marsh two sunrises ago, as mentioned by Ashstar. We spent two days there, and there was no sign of them. We came to the conclusion that the cats must have left, and began our way back around dawn this morning but just as we were passing by the northern marsh, Hawktail spotted a cat teetering along the border. We tried to follow her, and called out, but she ran off before we could reach her. "

Hawktail stood up and continued on. " I caught a glimpse of her through some bushes, she was a cream and white tabby, on the tall side, and looked healthy enough. We can probably rule out the possibility that she has heard of us and was seeking refuge, since she had no apparent interest is meeting Whitecloud and I. "

The clan listened intently, but soon faces began to contort in confusion, not surprising considering the information being relayed was steadily becoming more and more odd. Fogclan was known by many of the travelling cats, the clan often sheltered those who needed it, and allowed cats to stay with them for days, even moons if they needed. Most cats who didn't know of or who didn't care for the clan's existence tended to simply pass through or turn-tail as soon as they came across the border, so these strange cats hanging around yet avoiding the clan cats was beginning to get a little suspicious.

" I don't like the sound of this, not at all. These strangers shouldn't be trusted. " The deputy, Sunclaw, was the first to speak up, his whiskers twitching with irritation. " Ashstar, we ought to do something about this, we can't have cats hopping in and out of our borders, gods knows doing what. " Several murmurs of agreement could be heard, but also some disagreeing words. Out of the slowly growing arguments, Elfie cut in, " Let's not jump to conclusions. These cats may not know who we are, nd who's to blame them for being perhaps being cautious. They're a small group, whereas we're a whole clan, they can smell that. Would you not feel vulnerable if you came across a group of cats and it was only you and Minkpelt? " The molly huffed with amusement as the red tom clamped his mouth shut and turned away, tail twitching.

" We should still be cautious ourselves. Who knows what these cats are up to? They might be friendly, but they might not be. We shouldn't run the risk.. " Heads turned to look at Nettlenose, who sat hunched beside Crowfur, her blue eyes wide with what could be assumed as anxiety, earning her a few pitying looks. Clearing her throat, Ashstar brought the attention of the clan back to her. " For now, we will leave them be. Extra patrols will be sent out, and we will continue to monitor them however we can. For now, meeting dismissed. "

Art Prompt!
      Username: Only_Sky
      Clan Thread: Fogclan
      Prompt Art: The Unfinished Puzzle - Who is she?
Only_Sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me