Rise Summer Event: Summer of Thorns

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Rise Summer Event: Summer of Thorns

Postby Shadowflight13 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:58 am

Writing Prompt!
Username: Shadowflight13
Clan Thread: Cometclan
Prompt Writing: (536/600 words)

Smokestar leaped up onto the ledge on the main cave and turned to face her tiny Clan. They only had five cats, including herself, and they gathered below. Briarstrike gave her an assuring smile. This was Smokestar's first time holding a serious Clan meeting. Since everyone was already gathered, there was no need to call them. She took a deep breath and began.

"As you all know, a group of cats have taken up residence in our territory. My attempts at contact have been largely ignored. We don't know how many there are, or what they have come here for." Smokestar flicked her tail, her voice gaining confidence. "It is clear we need more information. In the meantime, no cat is to go anywhere alone. That goes double for you, Dustpaw."

The Clan's youngest member flicked his ears but didn't protest.

"What are we going to do about them, Smokestar?" Honeycloud asked. "We can do what we can to protect ourselves, but we can't just let them stay here. We can hunt on the mesa for the remainder of greenleaf, but when leaffall and leafbare arrive, there won't be enough to share, even as small a group as we are."

"I know this, and I agree." Smokestar said. "With gathering intel in mind, I will take Briarstrike and Honeycloud with me, to try and make contact again. If that is unsuccessful, we will do what we can to learn about them indirectly, and perhaps find out where they have set up camp. But we are not here to fight. If we can resolve this peacefully, that would be best." Smokeheart knew that if it came to a fight, they would almost certainly be outnumbered. Even if they employed some of their less honorable strategies, victory was no guarantee.

"Driftheart, stay here with Dustpaw and watch the camp. If something happens while we are gone, retreat into the caves. Do not try to fight, you will be outnumbered. Do you know all the passageways?"

Driftheart dipped his head. "Yes, Smokestar, most of them. I will be able to lead us to safety, if it comes to that. But don't you think I would be better coming with you on patrol? I have experience dealing with rogues, from my past Clan life."

Smokestar smiled at her deputy. "I value your experience, Driftheart. But I need to know our Clan's future is in safe paws. Honeycloud is capable, but she is young. And Briarstrike is not known for her patience and caution." Her tone was light, and Briarstrike grinned at the comment. "You are experienced and will know what to do if, Starclan forbid, something does happen."

Driftheart nodded. "I understand. I will not let you down."

"I have faith in you, Driftheart. In all of you." Smokestar met the eyes of each Clan member in turn. "We will get through this."

A small murmur of ascension went through the small group.

Smokestar nodded, glancing over her small family. "That will be all. Everyone, please, be careful." She leaped down from the ledge and touched her nose to Briarstrike's cheek in a brief show of affection. Then she stepped back. "Briarstrike, Honeycloud, with me. May Starclan light our path."
only here to post art and run. best way to reach me is discord (Shadowflight13#6850)

I take art commissions for USD. message me on discord if interested! <3

join me playing dappervolk :3c
Shadowflight13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mongrel » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:02 am

writing prompt!
    username: imaginary
    clan thread: Hollowclan
    prompt writing: "brookstar! brookstar!"
    the she-cat turned from her conversation with flintfoot to see her brother, kestrelflight, approaching with an urgency in his voice.
    "aren't you supposed to be on patrol?" she said with a stern tone, flicking her gaze between her brother and the rest of the cats on the patrol.
    "well, yes. but listen! we encountered a group of cats - maybe six or seven, but there may be more. we noticed them from a good amount away, so there wasn't a confrontation -"
    he was interrupted by wolfstorm, stepping forward with a firm look on his face. "brookstar, you need to do something about this."
    she held the gaze of the much larger tom before exchanging glances with kestrelflight, conversing without words. "alright."
    brookstar scanned the camp for her deputy, cherryblaze. she caught the caliby's eye and nodded, flicking her tail in a motion to follow. the she-cat stood, meowing a quick farewell to the cats she had been chatting with, before trailing after her leader. together, they padded out of camp. as they went, heads turned and every cat in camp watched them with curious eyes. as they noticed the two seeming to be nearing the bridge that towered above the camp, some cats began to migrate to the shade of the natural bridge. the walk to the bridge took less than a minute. brookstar sat in the middle of the crossing, her deputy standing alert beside her.
    "hollowclan! may all cats with enough experience to feed themselves gather underneath the bridge for an urgent clan meeting! this is not optional - i expect everyone here," she announced, her voice echoing into the valley, reaching the corners of camp. any cats not already sat underneath her swiftly moved to do so.
    "it has come to my attention that there is a rogue band of cats intruding in our territory and hunting our prey. does anyone have a suggest as do what we should do with this group?" brookstar asked her clan, looking for any ideas she wouldn't have thought of by herself.
    "run them out!" wolfstorm growled deeply, ears pinned to his head as he looked up to his leader.
    "we don't want a war!" lilysong countered, her soft voice carrying across the group.
    cats began to shout in an attempt to voice their opinions over each other.
    "quiet!" brookstar yowled, raising her voice. her eyes drifted across the cats, holding each of their stares for a second. "violence is not an option," she said, directing her gaze at wolfstorm. he broke her stare, lowering his head.
    "we could talk with them?" deerleap suggested.
    "they don't seem to be interested in meeting with us," brookstar responded, her ears drifting back dejectedly. "coyote? algaepelt? do you have any ideas? we could use the wisdom of our elders."
    they turned to each other, murmuring quietly.
    "i mean, you could go with a patrol and attempt to talk with their leader. but if that doesn't work, i suppose we could strength patrols and constantly have a group of cats out to watch them? if they'll want to talk, they can come talk," coyote calmly purposed, algaepelt nodding along with him. "but we cannot allow them to get away with stealing our territory. we're not pushovers."
    "i agree," cherryblaze meowed from over brookstar's shoulder. "we can't allow this."

art prompt!
    username: imaginary
    clan thread: Hollowclan
    prompt art: [x]
tyler · they / them · pfp
mongrel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby a ghost! » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:06 am

writing prompt!
username: dinah.
clan thread: suntrials
writing prompt:Spiderstar stood lazily at the top of the suntrial's makeshift meeting rock, his tail thumping at the rotted wood behind him. His voice called out to his clan, tired and slow, as the cats began to gather beneath him on the ground below. First a frosted bi-color came into view, followed by an elderly white tom, who stayed rather close behind the she-cat. A black, buff looking tom, and a short little brown child. Many more followed, settling down and sitting beside each other to respond to the leader's call.

' As you know, foreign scents have been spotted near the borders of our clan. Many hunters and watchers have warned me that the scents seem to be closing in, but you mustn't worry. ' Murmurs began to ripple through the crowd, when had this started, and when will it end? The cats began asking questions, speaking up and standing among the other cats. As more joined in the crowd, the voices became loud and jumbled.

' Who are they? '
' Do we know them? '
' We have to protect the kids! '
' Chase them out! '
' Kill them! '

The simple, innocent questions began to escalate, growing larger and larger until the cats began screaming at one another, attempting to reason with violence. Spiderstar's expression became contorted, twisting itself into a angry looking frown, the expression tugging at his features. ' Shut up. ' Spiderstar began, no reaction. ' Shut. Up. ' He'd speak louder, no reaction. ' ShUt ShUt ShUtTiY sHut uP. ' He'd yell, well, there's his reaction for him. The cats fell silent. No one likes an angry Spidey.

' The cats will be handled, do not worry. We have fighters and hunters currently on the border, we will have a cat stationed on every edge of our territory. They shall not pass, I say, they shall not pass. ' Spiderstar tried to reassure his clan of their protection, and his own. The murmurs began again, cats head turning back and forth to look at the various others beside them. They were unsure. They began to look at each other, their catbrows furrowed and their expressions twisted into small frowns, matching the leader's own features.

'Will the kits be safe? ' A small, frosted she-cat stepped forward, her face sorrowful, unlike the many others surrounding hers. ' Please, Spiderstar, will our kits be safe? ' The warrior, or rather full-time queen that still fancies a little hunt now and again, pleaded with the leader. ' Everyone will be safe, Littlerain. '

' They won't stand a chance. '

art prompt!
username: dinah.
clan thread: suntrials

a ghost!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hazilnut » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:07 am

Writing Prompt!

Username: hazilnut
    Clan Thread: Aridclan
    Prompt Writing: 593/600

Aridclan meetings were always held at the crack of dawn. It was the time of day that the gathered cats were least likely to get heatstroke if the meeting ran long, which it never did. But while Mothstar was following in the steps of Shadestar and Dunstar and Aridstar and all the many leaders in between, she had her own motivations for wanting to see each of her clanmates face as soon as she woke up. Or not woke up as the case may be; Mothstar wasn't known for her proper sleep schedule and the presence of the rouges had only made it worse.

"Cats of Aridclan, may Starclan bless you in the sun." Mothstar mewed the traditional morning greeting as she scanned over the cats of her clan, counting heads with barely noticeable flicks of her eyes. Finding everyone present she let out a barely audible sigh of relief.

"May Starclan bless you in the sun," echoed the gathered cats. Most were grooming themselves or others in various states of wakefulness. Used as they were to waking early most cats took the dawn meetings, so uneventful as the usually were, as an opportunity to rest a bit more. But what Mothstar said next banished all thoughts of from the cat's minds.

"There are rouges in our territory, and they are getting closer."

Nobody gasped, Aridclanners were not the gasping kind, but an audible silence hung over the desert for a few precious heartbeats. Then chaos, or as close as it could get to chaos, erupted.

"What do you mean rouges are in our territory?"

"What's a rouge mama?"

"We need to drive them out! There's barely enough food for us!"

"No we have to help them- unprepared cats can't survive in the badlands!"

"Everybody please, just calm down," ordered Mothstar in that quiet, almost commanding, tone of hers. It had minimal effect. She exchanged a glance with Slateheart who met her calm facade with a barely veiled look of I-told-you-so before realizing how entirely unhelpful he was being and adding his voice to hers in the pleas for calm. It took an entirely different voice, however, to finally silence the crowd.

"Yes, let's calm down. The lot of you are missing the point anyways- why is this the first we're hearing of these rouges?" Beetlepath challenged, the sneer on his face leaking into his mew, "If the rouges have had enough time to encroach on us, why were we not told before?"

"Don't listen to him," Slateheart whispered to Mothstar over the shocked silence, "he's just stirring up trouble again." But Mothstar's deputy would have been much more convincing had he not had previously counseled her to tell the clan as well.

"Beetlepath you have a point-" The warrior grinned at this. "-I had hoped the rouges would have found the badlands inhospitable and moved on without our interference."

"Beetlepath shut up," Hickorysplit hushed the tom before he could rile the clan up further, "There's no use to complaining about the past like you can change it. Now that we know we can interfere now."

"No," commanded Mothstar, grateful as she was for Hickorysplit's interference. "We will not fight these rouges. Fighting has only ever weakened us as a clan, we cannot afford such needless waste of energy." To her relief there were quite a few nods of agreement within the crowd. "We will meet with the rouges and offer them a home. No cat should be alone in the badlands."

"And if they refuse?"

Mothstar didn't have an answer for that.
hazilnut

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MoonlightTabby » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:56 am

Writing Prompt!
Username: MoonlightTabby
Clan Thread: Tornadoclan
Prompt Writing: 433/600

Viperstar had been hunting with Snowpaw when she had seen it. A cat near the edge of their territory, they were small, and overall seemed very good at keeping themself hidden.
"You! Don't you dare take another step!"
Snowpaw had been surprised at the sudden noise from his mentor, but didn't say anything as Viperstar ran up to the figure. Before she could get a good look the figure had ran off and was nowhere in sight. She let out a low growl before walking back to Snowpaw. "..I think we have enough prey. We should get going back now" She said to her apprentice, who didn't seem to be very happy about the whole situation.
"Who was that cat? Why were they heading towards our terrritory?" Snowpaw's words had startled Viperstar.
"I don't know" Viperstar sighed, she didn't know who this cat is or what they wanted, but she knew that if they did enter Tornadoclan territory, she would attack without question. Viperstar was lost in thought as the two cats headed back into the cave they called home and set what they had caught right next to the stone jutting out of the cave wall. Viperstar jumped onto the rock and stared down. Okay, I think this is what clan leaders say when they call meetings.. I hope..
"All cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the sharprock for a clan meeting!" Viperstar had seemed a bit nervous, but she tried her best to hide it as Snowpaw quickly turned his attention towards her. Better to get used to this now than never..
"Today, me and Snowpaw had found what's presumably a rouge who planned on trespassing on our territory. Since they have not crossed the border yet, we shall not take any further action until they do. However, if we are correct, and they do in fact take one step into our territory, we will attack.
So, if any of you see a small, tabby marked cat on our territory, make it clear that we will not accept this type of behavior from rouges!"
"Clan dismissed!" Viperstar called out. She sighed as she leaped off of what was now called the sharprock. "That was your first time doing one of those, right?" Snowpaw called out to her. "..Yes"
"Well, it was great! And, you made a good point, if that rouge dares to come onto our territory, we'll tear them to shreds!" Snowpaw yowled.
Viperstar chuckled in response, even when the clan is being targeted by a rouge, Snowpaw never fails to lighten the mood.

Art Prompt!
Username: MoonlightTabby
Clan Thread: Tornadoclan
Prompt Art: X
ImageImage
MoonlightTabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CertainNorth » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:52 am

Writing Prompt!
Username: Tendency
Clan Thread: Dustclan
Prompt Writing: 582/600

Driftbreeze and Wraith sat side by side, both cat's taking support from the other. It had been a long time since they had to call a clan meeting about something more serious than someone stumbling over a border. Even their relationship with Muleclan had evened out enough for the moment. But now there were rogues.

Drift glanced at his Second Navigator, who gave him a weary look. Even Wraith, who was arguably the most ruffled by the intruders, wasn't sure what to do. He'd spent a lot of time ensuring both Muleclan cats and Dustclan cats upheld their border agreement and had gotten into a lot of small scuffles even after he thrashed Torntalon moons ago. He would never admit he was tired of fighting, but the clan leader could sense Wraith's feelings better than he could any other cat.

Ghostzephyr paced back and forth to one side, glancing over at Drift every so often. If Drift had to guess, he was muttering to himself. Windrunner sat quietly, his even quieter apprentice coiled like a spring next to him. The rest of the clan discussed, talking turns speaking very carefully and politely. Dustclan meetings were more of an open discussion, where one cat was allowed to speak at a time, but any cat could add their opinion. Wraith enforced this discussion for Drift, though most clan cats knew the rules and spoke that way naturally. It was rare that the Second would have to step in.

"Our territory is large enough for now. We have two other camps and they aren't near either of them. Let them stay there."

"But if they take more territory?"

"Are they friendly or not?"

"We don't know how many they are to say how much land they will take or how well we could fight them off."

Drift nodded. "We finally have peace with Muleclan. Starting another fight so soon would be asking for trouble." Lightsong wasn't here, a testament to the truth of that statement. She might call herself a seer, but she was their sole healer, and was busy replenishing their herbs. Her stance on violence was always against.

"From what the rangers saw, they outnumber us, so approaching them even just to talk is risky." Windrunner had headed the patrol that first encountered some of the cats from afar. Since then, patrols skirted that north eastern corner of their territory.

Mantispaw nodded. She'd been part of the patrol as well. She kept glancing at Ghostzephyr, who hadn't said anything to the group since the meeting started.

"Ghostzephyr, is there something you would like to add?" Wraith pressed him.

The dark bengal froze and locked eyes with the blue tom. He shook his head. "I don't like giving them our territory. But..." He flatten his ears back and lowered his head. "We don't know enough about them. They could be passing through. We weren't even planning to stay here that long."

Drift slanted his ears back slightly. Lightsong had done her best to explain to the clan, but even Driftbreeze didn't really understand. Maybe these intruders were part of it? There was something that was supposed to happen here and he needed to be here. Wraith purred quietly behind him so that only Driftbreeze could feel. He sighed and refocused. "But we are staying here until we decide to move on."

Ghostzephyr eyed his brother and then nodded curtly. A few other cats nodded acceptance as well.

Driftbreeze stood and stretched. "Then we wait."

Art Prompt!
Username: Tendency
Clan Thread: Dustclan
Prompt Art:
Last edited by CertainNorth on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CertainNorth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chimericect » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:48 pm

Writing Prompt!
    Username || Chimericect
    Clan Thread || Forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=3746159
    Prompt Writing ||
      . "I promise I know what I saw, Brokenpaw was there to" Crowpaw protested. Brokenpaw sat behind him, nodding nervously. The two had been off yet again on another so called patrol, although Thunderstar knew better. The two were always going off together, she wasn't a fool. However, she knew they two were brave and intelligent, and she knew they were telling the truth when they claimed they saw some other cats wandering around the area. "Oh," Adderbite murmured, turning to Thunderstar. He had a look of fear for a moment, nervous that they were the warriors of his old clan, or the one that has been notoriously stealing kits from others. Thunderstar gazed at the two apprentices with an uncharacteristic seriousness before nodding. "Very well," She responded, turning tail and trotting up to the gathering rock. "This is an emergency, all cats old enough to protect the clan please gather immediately." She called out, her voice echoing throughout the camp. Within minutes everyone assembled, even tinykit and wolfkit stuck their tiny heads outside of the nursery. "I have been informed that intruders are coming closer and closer to the camp, with each passing day they grow bolder. Whether this is the same clan that has been prowling around before or a new, I do not know. That being said, I wish to take two or three patrols out tonight, each one ready to fight. We will leave a fourth patrol here to guard the camp. We do not want them raiding us tonight." She said. The clan listened intently, each ready to fight. Some of the apprentices nodded, and the warriors murmured amongst themselves for a moment before Hawkhunt, their newest addition, hushed them, wishing to hear the words of his new leader. "Adderbite, Owlhoot, Pebblepaw, and Squirrelpaw will be patrol one, you scour areas closest to the clan. If the camp is attacked, you will be able to join the others inside to help defend it. Spiderweb, Ferretfur, Softpaw and mousepaw will stay in the camp. Protect Briarleap and the kits, as well as the medicine and prey. Myself, Boneshaker, and Fidgetstrike will take the outskirts. That leaves Hawkhunt, Crowpaw, and Brokenpaw, and Pantherpaw to search areas in between." She murmured. The tribe cats gave an understanding nod, assembling into their parties without question. Once they were settled, Thunderstar spoke again. "If they attack, you fight with all of your might. However, if they seem to be peaceful, you allow them passage, but be alert. It could be a trap."

Adderbite looked to the leader and sighed as she hopped off of the gather rock and trotted up to him. She gave a small smile as she rubbed up against him and let out a reassuring purr. "We won't lose the tribe, I promise." She murmured before making her way into her own group. They were ready. [ 478 words ]

Art Prompt!
      Username || Chimericect
      Clan thread || Forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=3746159
      Art || https://sta.sh/0ip3buz5s0e "I could have sworn it was a large brown cat, but... It was too dark to see."
Chimericect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Areater » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:16 pm

writing prompt!
    username: Areater
    clan thread: blitheclan
    prompt writing:
    "may all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather in front of the leader's den!" tawnyearth yowled. thistlestorm snorted. "that's all of us, tawnyearth." she pointed out. tawnyearth leaped up to a sturdy spot on one of the trees twisted above her den. "it will be relevant one day, and it will be nice for the clan to be accustomed to it." thistlestorm joined her slightly slower on the tree out of respect. once the clan had gathered beneath them, tawnyearth started. "i'm sure by now you all now that a group of rogues has invaded our territory." lightningheart, who had been the first to notice a strange cat scent inside the border, nodded seriously. beside him, rookfeather and stoatpaw glanced at each other, neither appearing surprised. "we were hoping to lie low and see if they would just pass through, but now that they appear to be settling and have avoided thistlestorm's diplomacy it appears that a possibly hostile confrontation may be necessary." thistlestorm lashed her tail, her eyes narrowed. she had wanted to chase the cats out immediately, but they were a large group - likely bigger than the clan - and tawnyearth preferred to do things peacefully. however, when she'd tried to speak to the cats, they had refused to speak to her. "now, i think it is only fair to open up conversation and suggestions within the clan about how to confront these strangers." lightningheart instantly raised his tail, a request to share. tawnyearth nodded in his direction. "i believe it is best to band together as a group and force them out. they ignored our borders, they ignored our attempts at peace. it's time for them to face the consequences of that." thistlestorm nodded her agreement, but rookfeather shifted nervously, pawing the ground a little. "maybe we should just send more cats to talk to them, maybe they'd take us more seriously that way," he suggested. stoatpaw bounced a little in place. "yeah, i agree with rookfeather!"
    the clan discussed the two alternate ways for awhile before they began to dissolve into bickering. "this isn't right!" tawnyearth meowed above the arguing voices, lightningheart on one side and rookfeather and stoatpaw on the other. she leaned towards supporting her younger half brother, but she knew thistlestorm would take lightningheart's side, and she didn't want to alienate her deputy and the newest member of the clan. "we don't even know these cats and they're already creating a rift between us. i say we confront them as a clan, and if they refuse to leave peacefully, we'll do what we have to do. this is our territory, and they have no right to be here." she felt nervous - she was a passive cat, and she wouldn't want to start off on the wrong paw if this group became a clan or took up nearby permanent residence, nor did she want to risk her clanmates' safety. still, she was responsible for her clan, and she couldn't be a pushover. "we'll confront them tomorrow at sunhigh," she decided, and the clan cheered. "clan meeting dismissed." | 515 words
┌─────────┐

Imagex

└─────────┘
x
x
┌───────────┐

hecking moo.
⇢ she/her ⇠
⇢ atheist ⇠
⇢ queer ⇠

└───────────┘
x
x
┌─────┐

└─────┘
┌─────────┐

Imagex

└─────────┘
Areater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MeltiTheDragon » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:54 pm

Writing Prompt!
      Username: Diamondshine101
      Clan Thread: Cascadeclan
      Prompt Writing:

"CAMPIONSTAR!!"

The panicked yowl made her heart sink. She knew she'd seen something wandering around. It unfortunately appeared as if she was right. Lightningfoot lived up to his name, bolting down the cliff side in leaps and bounds, making a couple several cat-length jumps up to skip as many platforms as possible. He skidded to a halt behind her, fighting for breath. "What's wrong? Bear family, fox family-"

"CAT FAMILY! Cats and lots of them. They appear to be settling down in that spot," He broke off into a massive fit of coughing and wheezing before continuing. "They saw me. I had to make a full circle around the territory to throw them off my trail."

Thank Starclan she'd sent him out in broad daylight to investigate. Forget sentry duty ; this called for the clan's emergency protocol.

----------------

"Emergency meeting! Let every single cat, from the youngest kits to the oldest elders, gather here beneath Highledge now for a Clan meeting! This is an emergency!"

Her yowl was loud enough to echo into every occupied chamber, drawing a frenzy of cats scrambling for a spot under their leader.

"There better be a whole group of rogues tearing up our territory, to wake up the whole clan in the green-leaf sun-high heat," Owletfur hissed as he took his spot next to the leader. Not his best move with the already on edge molly not a tail-length away from him.

Campionstar gave him a piercing glare. "Why would I call otherwise you flea-brain? There's is an invasion. And it's a big one." He got a swat on the ear, her claws sheathed.

"Wait, what?! An actual honest to Starclan invasion?" he stammered in shock.

She sighed. "Did I stutter?"

"There is a group of cats on our territory. Any of you who ran into cat scent within the borders, or thought there was a prey shortage, this is why. There's at least as many as the average warren of rabbit. If not more. And it appears as if they intend to...stay here."

The clan gasped. Their territory was supposed to be a safe haven, for them to raise families without fear of large predators or twolegs.

"We're not sure if they're the violent sorts right now, so for the time being all kits and apprentices must stay inside camp. All elders and medics need warrior accompaniment. Am I clear?" The cats below her nodded. "I need Sleetstorm, Mallowwhisker, and Lightningfoot in my den. Now."

----------------

Three young warriors sat around Campionstar's nest.

"I called you three in not only because you are the youngest, but also because you are the least likely to get your own ears ripped off. Can't trust Owletfur or Godwitflower to keep their anger in check. Are you three willing to head out with me and get a better look at these intruders?"

"Absolutely!" Mallowhisker meowed, the caliby's bright amber eyes full of excitement.

Lightningfoot nodded curtly. "Anything for my clan."

The sleek silver tabby molly that was sitting behind them looked up at Campionstar for a brief moment.

"Come on, Sleet. You haven't been yourself since your sister started walking the stars. This might help you get your mind off it for a while." Campionstar gently purred.

Sleetstorm stood up and padded forward to sit next to the other two. "Fine. I'll go to."

"Great. We'll leave not tonight, but at sundown tomorrow. Eat well, drink plenty, and get enough sleep. Tomorrow is unknown territory. We need to head in prepared."

"You three are dismissed. Good night."

[588 words]
Melti The Dragon
✚✚✚Autistic
✚✚✚Furry
✚✚✚Artist, Musician, Improv Comedian

If I've forgotten something, feel free to give me a little nudge!

I'm a Moderator for PS Adoptables! <3 Check them out! >>
Also, if you do decided to check it out, please consider noting I referred you!

Other Sites I'm On
{ Deviantart } ✚ { Furaffinity } ✚ { Toyhou.se }
{ Art Fight } ✚ { Refsheet } ✚ { Aywas }
Tracker Pages
{ Cascadeclan } ✚ { Sosna Gora } ✚ { Kingdom of Thorns }
{ Lucentclan } ✚ { Hlien Fuléao-anisth } ✚ { Sunset Bridge Business }

✚✚✚Formerly Known as Diamondshine101
    [C] - GreenGummies (sig art), sweathie (avatar)
MeltiTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kovit » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:58 pm

Writing Prompt!
Username: Crumbleless
Clan Thread: Blazeclan
Prompt Writing:
Mintsky had rushed into camp, startling Orchidstar as she worked on creating the nursery. The hunter had a few items of fresh kill but seemed worried. "Orchidstar, there are cats on out border..."
Orchidstar looked taken aback. Cats? On the border? She stared at her only clanmate for a moment, blinking furiously. "Oh... We have to get rid of them immediately. We haven't gathered enough cats yet and I'm worried that we may be overtaken. We've worked so hard to make this place..." The leader trailed off as Mintsky placed her tail on her leader's shoulder.
"Orchidstar, calm down. We'll figure this out. We only have to strategize. Blazeclan wasn't supposed to be worried about these things but it seems that they must." Mintsky replied with a soothing voice, hoping her leader wasn't too stressed with the situation.
Orchidstar nodded, swallowing the bit of fear that clogged her throat. Starclan chose me for a reason. The she-cat lifted her head, nodding to Mintsky.
"Of course. We need to find a way to get rid of them without sheer force." Orchidstar meowed with confidence, trying to figure out some way that they might go along with this.
Mintsky watched her leader for a moment before Orchidstar suddenly piped up. "We could poison them!"
The leader turned to Mintsky who looked a slight bit startled at the suggestion of poison. "We wouldn't poison them until they died, just until they beleived something was tainted."
This seemed to melt away the look on Mintsky's face. "Yes, good thinking. We should use foxglove, if we put a decent amount in their water supply, we could poison them enough to think something is wrong."
Orchidstar nodded before concentrating a slight bit more. "We'll need beech leaves to pick the foxglove, it's very potent so we wouldn't want to end up poisoning ourselves." Mintsky spoke once more, breaking the concentration lain in her leaders eyes. "Good thinking. We should also find a way to get more cats to make the process easier. Although I'm not sure where we might find more."
Wracking their minds for places with lots of cats, Orchidstar finally brought up,"How about the farm. I also know of a twoleg place about a half days walk from here."
Mintsky flicked her ears up in interest. "Oh yes! The twoleg place should have plenty of cats and the farm might have cats as well."
Orchidstar nodded. "I'll go get more cats. You know more about herbs than I do so you should likely gather the foxglove and lace their water supply. We will begin in two days time."
"Will do."
With that, the two she-cats went back to what they were doing, thoughts of the next two days racing through their minds.
kovit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me