The edge of the woods.... [Final Results Up!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: The edge of the woods.... [OPEN!]

Postby bakuraas. » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:55 pm

Sign-up Time!
Username: Golden-Boy
Link to roll call post: clicky
Prompt response:

Darrius had been looking into the woods since he got through enrollment, it was dark, it was menacing, and he swore he had heard something in there. He had heard that some of the kits were worried, even some of the adult kampers seemed to be less than keen to get in and be a part of the fun of exploring the place. Darrius however had never been more excited for an event once he heard that they'd be going inside as an activity. That voice in there could be another kalon, or perhaps something more, something far more powerful than anyone could comprehend. It could be one of the legendary gods of olde that Darrius had always looked up to.

Darrius wouldn't let any of these others kalons get the chance to see a godly monstrosity without him, and if he happened to prove his bravery along the way, that was just an extra incentive. He clicked the pen to the red ink, and drew up his name in a large red cursive font, and decided to go a bit extra by drawing some small sparkles around the letter as well.
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jouska. » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:07 pm

Sign-up Time!
      Username: acatalepsy.
      Link to roll call post: here.
      Prompt response: By the time Roland had arrived back at camp, there was already a small cluster of curious kids forming around the advertisement. A few were joking about the quality of the artwork, while others gossiped quietly in small groups on the sidelines. Rollo watched from the outskirts as one girl, upon being dared by a friend, walked up to the paper to scribble her name down on the piece of paper. After a moment's hesitation, the girl quickly began to scratch out her name, before returning to her friends, cheeks tinged pink with embarrassment. Curious, Roland began to approach the group, only to overhear the girls gossiping once more. He could only pick out fragments of their conversation, but managed to deduce most of the story on his own. Apparently, or at least according to the girl named Lena, every year Beni and Iphis held a hiking event, except last year, some of the kits never came back. At that moment, Rollo had stopped listening to her ridiculous tale; if some ill fate had befallen those kits, then the camp would have surely been closed down. Right? Despite this, none of the other kits were willing to sign up, and one by one, they headed back to their cabins. Soon, the sun would set and Roland would get in trouble with the counselors for being out so late. It was only him and a guy named Deniz, specifically spelled with a z, left. But eventually, he too, left, and then it was only Roland. He wasn't quite sure what made him stay so long; usually Roland would have declined the invitation without a second-thought. But instead, Roland tentatively picked up the vibrant writing instrument. He twirled it indecisively between his finger tips, taking a few more moments to contemplate the decision, before signing his name in a flourish of purple ink. The sun was already setting, and so Rollo had little time to think if he wanted to make it back in time without getting in trouble. Laying in his bed late at night, Roland was still thinking about the hiking trip. Perhaps, he thought, it was the truth and not the experience that truly intrigued him. Although he doubted that anyone had died or even disappeared on one of these so called "hiking" trips, there was something about Beni and Iphis that made him suspicious, and Roland was determined to get to the bottom of it.
jouska.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby happysparrow » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:07 pm

Sign-up Time!
Username: happysparrow
Link to roll call post: here ♡
Prompt response:

"No way," were the first words out of Pine's mouth as the counselors - or, more specifically, one counselor - explained what was going on and what the sign up sheet was for. After hearing another speech about how spooky but fun the test would be, Pine stood his ground, crossing his arms and shaking his head stubbornly. No way, no how was he going into that forsaken, damned forest! Even coming in on the bus he had felt there was something off about it, and whatever that feeling was Pine was content to follow it. Besides, even if the forest wasn't teeming with ghouls and goblins, there were plenty of real life monsters, too! A bear, perhaps, or even a puma in this part of the woods. In any case, Pine was not strong enough to battle any of these opponents, and by a glance at the counselors, Pine deducted that they weren't strong enough either. If anything, he assumed the one was just there to keep the bigger one in line, and the bigger one - Beni, Pine remembered him saying, the introduction rushed to make room for the super scary explanation - just seemed like more bark than bite; however, Pine's feelings were seeming to change, just a little, with each 'spooky' Beni uttered. Pine did come to this camp in order to face his fears and overcome them, and wasn't this exactly what the Test of Courage was for? Maybe Pine didn't need to test the courage he knew he didn't have, but he was sure he could gain some of it during the trial. After all, maybe Beni and Iphis were a lot stronger than he thought - they were counselors, anyway, and by the looks of them they both seemed like seasoned outdoorsman. There would be other campers as well, and he had already noted the feisty, small, anime-like Kalon who he noticed signed earlier - if anything, Pine was sure that kit alone could take on a puma.

Shaky but determined, Pine reached out to take the pen, choosing to use the pretty blue ink to scratch his name out in one of the slots,

"There," he murmured, mainly to himself before smiling brightly up at Beni and Iphis, "I guess there's no turning back now, huh?" Pine gave a light, nervous chuckle before replacing the pen. This would be the year he would become brave, he decided! Nothing would hold him back! With a new bounce in his step and a determined gleam in his eye, Pine turned with a swish of his tail and returned to camp with his head held high.

[441/150]
happysparrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby roelian » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:13 pm

day 1
Sign-up Time!
Username: katzuvo
Link to roll call post: here
Prompt response:
Courage? Therin has plenty of courage! As much courage as a sheltered prince can have, right? He has a lot of bravo and tends to get himself into trouble quite often, but he isn't sure he has the courage that's required of the forest.

Hell Therin was afraid of the forest in the day time, let alone at night. He's barely ever even traveled beyond the neatly trimmed front yard of the castle. Trees?? Grass?? This stuff was new and different and oh man did he want to prove himself!!

Therin was a strong boy, a daredevil determined to make friends and learn the skills needed to go outside for more than like... An hour rip.

The night forest, admittedly, terrified Therin, but as long as he wasnt alone, it would be fine... Right?

Hand shaking, Therin set the pen to a lime green and scribbled his name on the sheet. At the very least, it was something he was sure to remember.

samael || he/they || adult
|| ✧ nep ✧ || ✧ jean ✧ ||
roelian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cincil. » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:15 pm

sign-up time!
    username
    link to roll call post here!
    prompt response anaya's eyes lit up when they fell onto the multi-colored pen. she loved playing with these things when she was younger -- her mother, shinobu, was an artist that loved to use a wide array of colors. picking the pen up with delicate care, she switched the color to a pink-red before writing her name down. she wrote with precise and flowy letters, her face concentrated and her tongue poking out of her mouth as she twisted her name in an elaborate way. she was sure to add a smiley face with a tongue sticking out at the end. she was never one to back down easily and was thrilled to be able to partake in such an event. it was rare to be among so many people, usually she ran the fields at home and enjoyed the wind through her hair or sat in the barn with a book on her lap. proud to be a part of the team known as nightshade, anaya wanted to show everyone that she was not weighing the group down but rather lifting it up. she was not afraid of what was to come but rather exhilarated. [ 193 words ]
cincil.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CSMintCat » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:15 pm

Hoiiii, just a lil amendment to the rules!
Bc I forgot to change it before I posted.
Instead of only being able to write about your registered Kamper:
    "Your entry should be primarily about the Kamper you have registered in your prompts!
    (You can include mentions of other Kals/use them as background characters in art, but it should focus on your Kalon!)"
Status wrote:Not v active these days.
Not really replying to trades/messages; send at own risk.
Please remind me if you've messaged me + it's important.
Looking for a Feb. 9th swap!
CSMintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catskitten » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:15 pm

Sign-up Time!
Username:Catskitten
Link to roll call post:
fixed link
Prompt response:

Peristeria eyed the sign up sheet
than the pen than the tape than clipboard
Excellent pink the only color needed
Everything shall be pink
This kalon who liked pink had the right idea
She eagerly signed the clipboard

\ Princess Peristeria approves the pink and this trip /

She than added a small pink dinosaur with a sunflower cap as an after thought
She than added a crown on top the hat
Than flowers and hearts all over than sign in sheet
There Brilliant Perfect All Shall Bow To Her
Or Peris

All in all she thought a test of courage was a perfect way to weed out the weak
Her counselors were so smart:)
There shouldn’t be any weak to serve her
Or would the strong uprise?
She needed to ask her mom for dictator tips later but for now outside activities sounded fun
She loved the forest the creepier the better
Last edited by Catskitten on Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Sootclan - [Login to Sta.sh]Image - My Adopts
The Collectables - Potion Creatures Lab - Babusagi Image

ImageImageImageAvatar Credit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Catskitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spirit • daydream » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:21 pm

Sign-up Time!
Username: APH Siantia
Link to roll call post: Link
Prompt response:

Taika started at the clipboard cautiously almost as if it would bite her if she tried signing up for the hike. However her loud beating heart didnt stop her from reaching out for the pen. She always loved nature and she felt that she would have the most fun if hlshe was able to go out at night to watch it. She wanted to see more of the world in all her forms. Swallowing loudly she signed her name quickly and finally with the dot of the "I" she let out the breath in that she held. And once again her heart began to pound louder and she felt her stomach flip. What had she done?!? She silently regretted signing her name up and her anxiety grew with each passing second, but she tore herself away and walked as far as she could. Until she finally persuaded herself to take her name off, but it was too late some other kamper found the list and was standing in front of it and she retreated. She sighed and calmed herself down, "This trip will be the greatest! Stop being so afraid. I mean you are the greatest nature lover there was. Stop being afraid of all those kalons who would go with them." She walked away hoping she would be able to go and made her way back to her cabin hoping she wouldn't have to talk to anyone on the way there. Though she met many kamper they all were too busy talking to each other to mind her. And for that entire night she say down thinking about her choice to go on the hike. Was it wrong? Was it right? Either way she would find out in due time.

I'm on mobile so hopefully this is the word count)
spirit • daydream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby toyotathon » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:34 pm

Sign-up Time!
Username: moments.
Link to roll call post: x
Prompt response:

after the ordeal was over, she let out a shaky breath. should she do it? should she not? she knew it would be better for her team if she did, as the more team members who participate the better. she got a rush of adrenaline thinking about what could possibly come out of this. her worry suddenly turned into excitement. this could be an opportunity of fun! peony then stared nervously at the kalons surrounding the flying attached to the wall. she didn't want to push her way through, but was still eager to sign up. she waited for a space between the groups of kalons and clicked the pen multiple times, indecisive on the color. she decided on purple, and slowly wrote her name on the line to ensure it would be legible. the hand writing came out shaky, but it was done. she let out a sigh of relief and turned around.
[154 words]
toyotathon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby notwearingsocks » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:34 pm

sign-up time!
    username:
    link to roll call post: caius!!
    prompt response:
    caius had always been quiet, and many associated the term with cowardly, but that had never been the case; as caius pressed the tip of the pen to the sheet of lined paper before him, thoughts whirled through his mind; what if they were chased by a bear? he would probably be the first to be eaten, because of his significant limp that remained from a years-old injury that he'd gotten while in the middle of a dance routine. but how likely were they to encounter a bear? as caius considered this, he glanced over his shoulder; a line had clustered behind him, filled with impatient others who tapped their feet and stared at him as if he were holding them up. and, after a moment's thought; he was. he'd been standing there for nearly five minutes, considering the dangers and potential joy that the hike might bring, and, now, he scribbled his name in delicate cursive, if only to make the redhead behind him stop muttering words of annoyance under her breath.
    caius straightened from the paper; tucking a coil of white-blonde bangs back into the ribbon that ensnared the rest of his hair, the kalon turned towards those who clustered behind him, shuffling out of their way.
    he'd done it.
    for better or for worse.
Last edited by notwearingsocks on Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxlive or die trying.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx┌────────────────┐

haleigh [ she/her ] / north carolina / adult

ravenclaw / dog groomer / writer / explorer

links !
my kalons
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx