The edge of the woods.... [Final Results Up!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: The edge of the woods.... [Prompt One Open! Update pg. 1

Postby lonk » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:53 am

sign-up time!
      username: lonk
      link to roll call post: xxx
      prompt response: [253 words]
      finally, cali thought to herself, that's something i can sink my teeth into.
      she smiled as she shook her head. the thought was too cocky, even if it was just a thought. but it was going to be the highlight of her time at kamp, so why not get amped up for it?
      to call herself an expert of the paranormal was too forward. cali wasn't a very forward girl. her mother had made sure of it. she had to make the family look good, and leave no bad impressions, even at kamp. where nobody knew more than her first name. her smile faltered as her mind wandered. but it was beside the point! she was here to discover.
      like said before, cali was no official. just a girl who loved the strange. the weird. anything out of the ordinary. ghosts, spirits, demons, aliens, monsters, and any other abnormalities- she'd been obsessed aince she was able to read about 'em, much to her mother's dismay.
      she stood in front of the sign-up sheet, and grabbed the pen. there was probably something in the forest. what it was? that would be the beauty of it. there could be anything in there- and this was her chance to find it. there was no way the older kit would be willing to pass this up. switching the color to orange, she signed her name, dotting the 'i' with a heart. cali could only hope that whatever was lurking in the forest would be ready for her.
lonk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby waffle02 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:19 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: waffle02
Link to roll call post: Roll Call!
Prompt response:
(Had to edit because the image messed up the first time)
Last edited by waffle02 on Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♪♫♪My Characters and Adopts
♪♫♪ Art Shop - OPEN
♪♫♪My JBDs
♪♫♪ My Kalons

ImageImage
waffle02

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meridiem » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:53 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: Meridiem
Link to roll call post: Here
Prompt response:

Vally taps the pen on the side of the building. She really wants to enjoy camp, but is this going too far? She thinks and thinks and thinks. A small kit jumps up from behind her, grabs the pen out her hand and bounces up to the sign-up sheet, signs their name, and then hands the pen back to Vally. She stutters out a thank you and goes back to pondering whether signing up for this would be too much.

She stands there and taps her feet some more. A small tug at the back of her shirt wakes her from her deep thoughts. "Umm, miss, can I borrow the pen you are holding?" speaks a small kit, not older than 5. Vally looks at her paw holding the pen. Would giving the pen to the kit and then running off be defeat? She starts to sweat nervously. The kit starts looking around, feeling the awkward vibe coursing through the air. "Umm, so about the pen?" the small kit speaks up once more. Vally snaps out of her thoughts once more, this time nodding and handing the pen over to the small kit. They smile, trying to break the awkward spell that was cast over them both. The kit spells his name, the "e" being backwards and the "b" looking more like an eight. They smile back at Vally after spelling their name. She takes a moment, takes the pen back from the kit, and forces a smile onto her face.

If that small little kit can do it, you can too! She finally clicked the magenta color on the multi-colored pen. Her hand felt heavy. She reached towards the sign-up paper, that was waving ferociously in the wind. Her left paw held down the paper and she spelled her name out, letter by letter.

V-a-l-l-y

She looped her "y" back up and put a heart next to her name. She was one more step closer to becoming comfortable with this camp.

Word Count: 332
------------------------------------------
Meridiem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lovage » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:14 am

sign-up time!
    username: fernmoon
    link to roll call post: xxx
    prompt response: helena was walking away as she thought, "wow, they must be hyping it up to make it seem all spooky and stuff, but they are so wrong about that because it will probably be your average, run of the mill night hike." as she continued on walking back, she turned around just to see the 'spooky' woods one last time before returning to kamp. instead of what she hoping to see, she saw beni pleading with her through a stare. she rolled her eyes then said, "fine, i'll go, but just don't look at me with that look ever again. it's annoying." the counceler seemed to lose the look for a smile due to someone signing up.

she grabbed the pen and put it into yellow. "there. that's my payback for the pleading look that beni had," she thought as she laughed an evil laugh in her head. she signed her name in the brightest yellow imaginable and wrote in handwriting worse than chicken scratch but still possible to read. "there! my revenge for that look is complete!" she accidentally declared out loud. "oops?" she turned to see both counseled not looking amused at all. "fine! i'll rewrite it," helena yelled as she crossed out her name and rewrote it, still using the same bright yellow. "happy? good! don't tell anyone about this." she stormed off in an unpleasant mood, leaving two confused counselors.

[234 words]
lovage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gasp » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:50 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: Granger
Link to roll call post: here
Prompt response: It was later in the night when Adrian finally decided to sneak out and sign up for the hike that all the other campers have been talking about, his large size making it difficult to be as stealthy as he was trying to be. Often being made fun of for his chompers and larger build for as long as he'd been a kit, it wasn't abnormal for other kits to call him a "monster" and pretend to be afraid of him just to pick at him.

He detached the multicolored pen from the clipboard while mumbling something about not being afraid under his breath. "I'm the monster here, they should be afraid of me." He grumbled, referring to all of the spooky creatures that were rumored to be hiding in the woods. If he wasn't going to be taken seriously due to his appearance, he might as well use it to his advantage.
gasp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Starshimmer* » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:22 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: *Starshimmer*
Link to roll call post: Boop!
Prompt response:

Dahlia grinned at the idea of a spooky night hike. "I could easily play pranks on some of the others, they'll be too scared to move!" Waiting for her turn with the pen, she began to brainstorm ideas, occasionally snickering to herself, which garnered her some strange looks from some of the other campers. "Ahem.." The kalon in front of her cleared their throat, "Are you signing up?" Taking the pen from the kal, she clicked on a pretty indigo color, before signing her name neatly on the line. She turned around and faced the other campers. "This is going to be so much fun am I right?!" She squealed excitedly before handing the pen to the next kal in line. "This is going to be very fun indeed..." She thought to herself as she walked away from the group, grinning like a cheshire cat. She wasn't scared at all, she was going to be the one scaring.
.: TH .:. Caard .:. FR .:. PFQ .:. Goatlings :.

moderator/banker for kalons, slowly coming back from sick leave
currently lurking when i have the energy, replies will not be timely

*Starshimmer*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The edge of the woods.... [OPEN!]

Postby Raptocidic » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:53 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: q1q2q3q4
Link to roll call post: link!
Prompt response:

This was exactly what Azure had been looking for. To prove her talents and become more popular, she had to do something to grab others attention. And signing up for this 'test of courage' thing was exactly that. Without hesitation she grabbed the pen eagerly and scribbled down her full name in almost illegible handwriting. She then promptly bragged to her peers and urged others to sign up. Surely it can't be more than a night time hike with some spooky stories told along the way, right? If anything she could appear brave and cool, even though it wasn't going to be scary anyway. Azure's an extremely talented actor, and so she knew she could pull off the bold leader act easily. If this didn't get her some popularity in kamp, then nothing will. Well, there's still everything's else she can win, but this one appeared the most extreme. On the inside she was a little nervous, as she isn't really a 'nature type' and without bugspray she'd be bitten all over. (its like the bugs are just attracted to her or something). Azure made a mental note to bring lots of bugspray before carrying on her bragging ad boasting about how amazing this hike was going to be.

[209 words]
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

where do i sign for the animals?

Postby Marsh » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:01 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: Marsh
Link to roll call post: here
Prompt response: Tagiane can't hold a pen...

Really last minute entry because I can't work on this tomorrow, click for fullsize image - I hope this is okay c:
Marsh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cape.Corvid » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:52 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: Cape.Corvid
Link to roll call post: X
Prompt response:

Pip shook as he picked up the pink pen. Like, his hand actually couldn't keep steady. He gulped. Should I do it? Pip asked himself, knowing he had already made up his mind. It's not like he's superstitious or anything... just, what if the forest actually is scary? The kalons hosting the hike certainly looked more ferocious than himself, but Pip always tried not to judge a book by its cover. For example, Pip was plain gray. He constantly saw himself as boring and bland, but made an effort to be really... cooool, and y'know, hip and stuff. He breathed in deeply as he pressed pen to paper and scribbled in his name. Yeah, I'm cool. Cool as a cucumber. he tensed his eyebrows in concentration. Yeah... whoever doesn't do this hike is just a little scardey cat. Not me! I'm brave. I'm gonna make soooo many friends on this hike. It'll be... lit. Pip set the pen down and admired his name on the sign up sheet. There was no turning back now. He was gonna do it, really, he was gonna take that hike. For better or for worse, at least it would be an ~experience~.

(198 words)
Cape.Corvid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The edge of the woods.... [OPEN!]

Postby Lilitha. » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:42 pm

Sign-up Time!
    Username: Lilitha.
    Link to roll call post: boop!
    Prompt responce:

After going over the events laid out for the day, Pip spit out her gum as they cracked up laughing.

"Test of courage? Sure, why not. What could go wrong?" Pip said with a giggle.

Upon approaching the forbidden forest, Pip couldn't help but feel a little nervous. I mean, when someone thinks of "Test of courage" you'd think life or death, to prove yourself. A small part of Pip was scared to find out the outcome. Although, Pip still eagerly scribbled their name onto the signup sheet. As the hike seems rather nerve racking, Pip is up for the adventure and doesn't mind trying out something new. Who knows, maybe they'll make some new friends with the creatures that dwell in the forest. Perhaps come out with an arm missing and have to wear a prosthetic arm. Which to be fair, would look sick but that's not the point.

It didn't take long for Pip to seriously question what they have just signed themselves up for. I mean, a hike in a creepy old forest only know seems sketchy to Pip? None the less, Pip is still ready to get their hike on. For what happens in the forests, shall stay in the forest.

[205]
Lilitha.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me