The edge of the woods.... [Final Results Up!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: The edge of the woods.... [Prompt Two Open!]

Postby Blumoonwolf » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:14 am

Ooooh, spooky!
Username: Blumoonwolf
Link to roll call post: here
Link to previous form: here
Prompt response:
    I hope you have a lovely day/night <3
Blumoonwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Glitter_Goatman » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:14 am

Ooooh, spooky!
Username: AgataxaFox
Link to roll call post: here!
Link to previous form: here!
Prompt response: ←←
Daniel
He/him
ImageImage
I don't want to set the world on fire
I just want to start
A flame in your heart
Glitter_Goatman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WanSham » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:26 am

Ooooh, spooky!
Username: WanSham
Link to roll call post: link
Link to previous form: link
Prompt response:
WanSham

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The edge of the woods.... [Prompt Two Closed!]

Postby CSMintCat » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:23 pm

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Next morning, as you’re getting ready for the day (albeit a bit bleary-eyed), Iphis and Beni call for a meeting.
As you and the other campers file into the main area in front of the cabins, you can’t help but notice that the usually-confident Beni looks a bit…. Deflated. You soon realize why as Iphis steps up.

Uh oh. He looks angry. (You’d never say it out loud, but it scares you a little.)

“I’ve received a tip-off from one of the other counselors that some of you broke curfew and were snooping around the cabins last night.
Not only that, but some others actually decided to leave the cabin area and walk around in the dark for whatever silly reason.
For this misbehavior, we have no choice but to cut you from the group going on the Test of Courage.
We'll the posting the list of those who are going later on.”

Woah. You're a little bit in awe because that's the most you've ever heard him speak in one go, if not for the fact that some people were actually getting removed from the group of potential hikers.
You're so stunned that you almost don't catch Iphis leveling one more steely glare at the gathered group, before leaving.

Beni follows behind, but not before leaving a final message:

“I’m not angry, just disappointed….”

Prompt number two is closed!
Any posts or further edits past this point will not be counted!
Judging will be commence shortly and results and the third prompt will be posted soon!

Status wrote:Not v active these days.
Not really replying to trades/messages; send at own risk.
Please remind me if you've messaged me + it's important.
Looking for a Feb. 9th swap!
CSMintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The edge of the woods.... [Prompt Three Open!]

Postby CSMintCat » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:36 pm

After reviewing the forms, the following users are moving on to the next round:
-Sparkfall
-Nektar
-AboveAspen
-Anza
-Gladis
-fuiuki
-Takk
-Dimi.
-Stephaaa
-Avisowl
-Suds
-ThatPinkThing
-Silver Pandorica
-Ufos
-Kyar
-Whizzer.
-Plantfood
-*starshimmer*
-76heart
-Cape.Corvid
-•ιnιgo•
-.paris.
-Yuroshi
-Skywishes01
-ȶigressa
-Synastry;
-Planiteri
-Diamond Sapphire
-DoubleInfiniti
-Lordren
-Aethillie
-Fawnfriend
-Q1q2q3q4
-SkyGold
-Lovestruck
-Mima
-Kouhai
-Pallis
-MotherMother
-Husky.
-Rnirai
-Karmel
-Nikolina
-Happysparrow
-Illuminaticonfirmed
-Cherrydoge
-Julibee
-Courtoflions
-Unleashed Squid
-Carotid
-amative
-Dragon.
-Dreamlight
-saltybirb
-Junkratss
-Watchdog.
-Riddlestyx
-Rootgroves
-Midnightkitkat
-Trans
-Marsh
-Lloril
-Chunkypeanutbutter
-Softea
-OrangeSocks
-Magpie!
-High noon
-Otis
-Rainichi
-Peppermint Mist
-Sentimental_android
-Caspian;
-Theodosia
-SyntheticFox
-Lonk
-VoidRinkusu
-Fernmoon
-Kolyakun
-Vanillasaur
-Neondisaster
-F1owercrown
-Andreas
-qpplepie
-Cervidae
-The Pirate
-Rabbit448
-BlumoonWolf
-WanSham

(Sorry if your names are capitalized and they shouldn't be; typed 'em down on Docs and it does it automatically hh.)

If your name is not on this list, it means that (unfortunately), you have been eliminated!
While you still will receive team points and the consolation prize, you cannot enter in any further prompts!

The following forms were deemed invalid due to not meeting the word count, missing links, etc.:
-Meridiem
-Irrylath
-artemis,

Sorry for the delay in results (again,,,)!
Prompt number three has been posted on the first page!

(Also please remember to keep your forms readable and not v smol text blease save my old man eyes.)

Last edited by CSMintCat on Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Status wrote:Not v active these days.
Not really replying to trades/messages; send at own risk.
Please remind me if you've messaged me + it's important.
Looking for a Feb. 9th swap!
CSMintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby happysparrow » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:19 pm

Hike, start!
Username: happysparrow
Link to roll call post: <33
Link to previous form: <33
Prompt response:

Pine had not thought he would make it this far, especially after the odd encounter with... well, with whatever noise that was late last night. The poor man had spent the rest of his night curled up fearfully in front of the door with an old baseball bat, praying that he wouldn't need to fight anything off. After all, while his fear was strong, his mother hen sense was even stronger, and Pine had forced himself to action in order to protect his cabinmates in case anything evil had tried to fight it's way inside. The consequence of that, however, was that all day, from breakfast to now, there had been a slight quiver in the large Kalon's voice, as well as a tremor in his paws. He had not been excited to do this trek, and the odd situation from the night prior had left him even more shaken than before. Had it been the counselors trying to spook them early? Was it just some odd raccoon or possum out and about looking for some leftover snacks? Or, and this was the worst thought of all, was it something dark and haunting from the forest? Pine had read lots of stories on haunted forests, and he was sure that if any were even remotely ghostly, this one was it. This made Pine think, what was worse? Ghouls and goblins, or bears and snakes? Which was more likely? At this point in time, and with this location, Pine was beginning to blur fantasy and reality. Anything was possible out here, in these woods, tonight. Shrugging his backpack up higher on his shoulder and thus closer to him for comfort, he attempted to clear his mind of horrors and instead ran back over his mental checklist of supplies,

"Water? Check. Snacks?," not that he would be needing any - his stomach was rolling worse than the waves in the sea, and even thinking made him nauseous, "Check... Extra sweater in case someone forgot one and gets chilly? Double check." Pausing, he finished his list and now made sure to locate his most important item for this hike, pulling it out of his sweater pocket and holding it close to his heart. The item in question was a little Polaroid picture of himself and his mate, Tyler Jo, taken during one of their dates. It was a happy picture of the two of them snuggled up among the twisted roots of a tree, surrounded by little blinking fireflies while Pine began to doze off and Tyler Jo gave a gentle smile to the camera, and ever since it had been taken, Pine insisted on keeping it with him for whenever he needed an extra boost of encouragement or a reminder he was loved. Even the thought of Tyler Jo himself was enough to fuel Pine onwards - his mate had been so proud of him for wanting to branch out from their family home for a few days and go to camp, and had even encouraged Pine to go for it and to have fun despite being nervous. Tyler Jo was already so proud of Pine for facing the fear of going off by himself and having to become accustomed to a new surrounding, so how extra proud his mate would be to hear Pine had gone on a test of courage and had - hopefully - passed! Pine had already written so much about the spooky night hike to Tyler Jo, and even the thought of sending such a report of bravery and fear-facing calmed Pine's current anxiety, even if just a little bit. He was eager to make himself and his mate proud, and while he was scared out of his mind, he was confident he would be coming out of this a braver Kalon!

Hurrying to join the others, Pine located a larger group that had already gathered and softly introduced himself. He already knew some of these Kalons from participating in different activities with them, and he was happy to hear that everyone around him seemed just as nervous as he did. After all, it always felt better when you knew you weren't alone in your feelings, and it showed Pine wasn't too worse off! Giving another glance around, Pine was also glad to see the small, wiry kit was still among the group. When he heard about campers sneaking around and being disqualified from the hike, he had been worried that the excitable kit may have been one of the ones out and about - luckily, it seemed she had either been obedient to the rules of staying inside during the night, or had been too quick and sly to be caught, but either way she was here in case any sort of bear or puma tried to attack the group. Even a silly thought like this began to lighten Pine's mood, and he began to shift his focus onto the pleasant things surrounding him. There were plenty of fireflies all around, and off in the distance the gentle singing of frogs could be heard. If Pine closed his eyes and didn't even look at the forest, this entire atmosphere was, in actuality, incredibly charming. Giving a content, relaxed sigh, Pine allowed his eyes to open again before gazing again upon the forest. This time, he felt ready, and this time, he would not let the forest intimidate him so easily! With a swish of his tail, he stepped forward, and prepared himself for the hike ahead.

[915/∞]
happysparrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dimi. » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:44 pm

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Hike, start!
Username: Dimi.
Link to roll call post: Amorette
Link to previous form: Stupid monsters.. pff.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Prompt Response:
The violent scent of bug repellent filled the air as various kampers lathered themselves in the potent smelling liquid to keep insects away, the smell alone made Amorette want to gag, but being the kit she was, she stuck her nose upward, took in a proud deep breath, and maintained her face. Amorette gazed ahead at the terrain before her, her pink eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness that cloaked the land. In her right hand, she wielded a make-shift torch, which she had crafted from wringed out moss, a thick stick from the stick pile to keep the camp fires lit, and a match she had managed to sneak out of one of the cabins where the counselors slept. While she wasn't particularly afraid of the dark, she was unsure of what dangers lurked in the forest, and wanted to make sure that she could see beyond the few feet within her bubble. She looked around, gazing at the other kampers. Several of them had began to group up, whispering and giggling with one another as they discussed the dangers. She overheard one skittish kamper talk about possibly running into a ghost, to which Amorette simply rolled her eyes, sighing softly as her gaze drifted away.

She was still just as excited as she was the day she signed up, she just wasn't very enthusastic about her emotions whenever the situation seemed slightly serious. Something called "Test of Courage" normally wouldn't intimidate her, but each of the counselors at the camp had an aura that puzzled her. An aura that made her curious, yet slightly concerned as to what challenges they would exactly bring to the table. The fact that she hadn't a slight clue of what would be within this forbidden forest frightened her. Her ears were pricked forward briefly before beginning to flick left and right rapidly, drawn to each sound and conversation surrounding her. The air was filled with various voices and giggles, despite the hour being far beyond midnight, or so it felt like. Amorette silently questioned just how so many people could be so bubbly about a task that was as daunting as this. One of the counselors abruptly blurted out that you did not have to group up, to which Amorette let out a loud, obnoxious sigh of relief. She was certainly not in the mood to listen to kits around her scream. Her screams were going to be loud enough.

"I don't need no skittish kits to hold me back.." Amorette mumbled beneath her breath as she made her way forward, peering over at the counselors. Her heart had began to pound at this rate, her thoughts briefly drifting back to the events of the previous night. She had been one of the apparently several kampers that had snuck out to investigate the sounds beyond the cabin, and she was silently questioning if the counselors even knew she was among the delinquents. She shook her head to clear her mind of these thoughts, taking in another deep breath. "This is going to be wicked." She said loudly, trying to get the other kampers around her more excited like she was. Her enthusiasm, however, was really only returned with smiles from the counselors and awkward stares from the kampers.After the stares, she had made her final decision. She was going to travel alone, and she was going to do a damn good job doing so. Amorette began to giggle softly, looking over at the counselors. She was silently challenging them with her gaze, her eyes filled with wonder.

"Throw whatever you got at me. I leap over fires for money, a boogie man ain't gonna phase me one bit." The kit said with a cocky smirk towards the counselors before making her way forward, holding her torch before her. She glanced around briefly, watching as the other kits began to make their way into the forest. With one more quiet laugh, she looked around before delving into the forbidden forest.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬[/quote]
Last edited by dimi. on Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I have quit this game as of September 15th, 2022 and will only be around on December 18th for pets to sell.

Please contact me on Flightrising should I have any adoptables floating around you would like to purchase for C$ should a species TOS allow it. You may message here, but chances are I won't see it for a while.
dimi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThatPinkThing » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:36 pm

Hike, start!
Username: ThatPinkThing
Link to roll call post: oOo
Link to previous form: Ooooh, spooky!
Prompt response: 511 words

Penny couldn't help but feel... betrayed? Guilty? Some impossible combination of the two?

She had ventured into the dark the night before, thinking Beni and Iphis were startling their participants awake, but she arrived at this spot - the spot she now stood - alone. And somehow when alone she had felt more confident than now. Now, with the official, real night hike starting, she couldn't deny that she had to go in.

She tugged on her pack straps anxiously, running over her checklist again. Flashlight, extra flashlight, spare flashlight batteries, an emergency blanket, water, her compass, a spare pair of socks, her beanie, whistle, and - for good measure - multitool. It didn't have any particularly dangerous accessories on it (which was why she had been allowed to even bring it to kamp), but it brought her comfort and reminded her she could always usually fix things.

The tool had been given to her by the father of one of her foster parents. He had made it himself, with the wooden handle bearing her name is swirly, delicate letters. The tool had a bottle opener, screwdrivers, tiny hammer, corkscrew, file, and little silverware attachments. And if a sasquatch approached her, she was fairly confident she could fend it off with the tiny hammer.

Shaking her thoughts of sasquatches and mothman away, Penny took a deep breath and started walking, focusing on Beni's voice as he restated the rules and expectations. She strategically placed herself about 2/3 of the way back in the group. If Beni and Iphis were the pranksters she suspected, she didn't want to be close enough to them to get the full brunt of a jump-scare. But she also didn't want to be far enough back to risk falling behind. So she chose an area of dense population - the average to slow speed walkers - who she could hide in the center of.

Penny kept a close eye on those around her. With her own fear in her throat and chest and head and stomach, she did her best to offer a smile to other nervous-looking participants (who, truthfully, was most of them). As she kept that smile going, she found herself nearly calming down? Not quite calming, but being able to rationalize things. She could identify the hoots and squeaks of startled critters that had previously sounded like monsters. The changing light was the moon and starlight drifting down through uneven trees. The impending sense of doom was still there, but as she grew used to the spooky surrounding, it got easier to stomach.

Further rationalizing, she assumed that Iphis would not have been trusted with the lives of kampers if there was any semblance of an actual threat. Not that she didn't trust him, but he did add a little bit to that aforementioned sense of doom.

She took another deep breath, mentally calming herself down and staying alert.

It'll be alright. It'll be fine. It's a test, and you can do this.

Her faltering smile and thundering heart betrayed her of her remaining fears.
Last edited by ThatPinkThing on Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
x
x
x
x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

you can call me Kels or Pink - she/her - adult

my kalons
🏡 toyhou.se🏡
✏️ commissions✏️

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ThatPinkThing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stephaaa » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:20 am

H I K E, S T A R T !
Username: Stephaaa
Link to roll call post: here (scroll down a bit if it doesn't work)
Link to previous form: here
Prompt response:
▬▬▬
A spine-chilling breeze swept my body. All the campers were moving with eagerness and exhilaration, while some were like me, and were anxious from their head to their paws. The whiff of courage and confidence I held just a few nights ago had worn off, and I felt unprepared for the challenging journey. My stomach aches of queasiness. I should have crossed my name out. I really don't think I can do this...

The blasting sound of Beni announcing the start of the hike went through my body as if I was electrocuted, and it echoed through my head. Some Kampers were already off, bouncing away at the challenge ahead of them. Some clustered into groups beforehand, talking away, or not talking at all, probably of nervousness. What astonished me was the Kampers who decided to go through the test of courage just by themselves. How could they manage such a strenuous task? I couldn't put my mind on it. Perhaps they just think highly of themselves. Of course, that was probably not the case, but I was just trying to make myself feel better, not that It did anyway.

I had to get my chin up and start the hike. But where, and with who? I was thinking of joining one of the teams, but It seemed harder than what I anticipated. Should I just go up and ask them? It felt as if it were too late. A Kamper opens up a package of food, and the scent lingers around me. An idea pops into my head, as if a lightbulb were shining above me. The lightbulb most likely was dim but I decided I'd go with the idea anyway. I quickly mess around my backpack with my paws finding a red plastic package with my favourite candy. I carefully approach a team of Kampers that had started, but they were still around the start area. I open up the candy and start eating it contently. My idea had surprisingly worked. They had wanted some too! I stuck to them for a little while, and they seemed to have approved of me. I still felt anxious, but my mind had set more onto the goal. Finish the test of courage.

▬▬▬
[ 372 words ]
███
███
▬▬▬
░░░░
███
░░░░
░░░░
░░░░
░░░░
░░░░
░░░░
░░░░
░░░░
▬▬▬

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

▬▬▬
░░░░
░░░░
░░░░
░░░░
███
░░░░

███
███
███
▬▬▬
──── H O M E !! ────
➤ i cherish my love for doggos and puppers
and I hope you do too. have a joyful day.

──────── () ────────
Stephaaa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby black water » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:17 am

Hike, start!
    Username: •ιnιgo•
    Link to roll call post: xx
    Link to previous form: xxx
    Prompt response:

aspen looked through her small brown bag. bug spray? pepper spray? a water bottle? all of those were there. snacks? ... snacks? where are the snacks? she shuffled through her back until she found another bag full of granola. there they are. snacks are a go. she hoped that was all that she would need on this trip.

aspen glanced around at everyone else chatting. she didn't want to break the rules, so she wanted to find a group. she thought for a moment, well, i don't want to slow anyone down. and i don't really want to ask anybody if i can join, so maybe i'll just follow someone. no, that sounds too creepy.

aspen sighed quietly. maybe she could break the safety rule just one time. and if she did happen to get frightened, she could just hop in with another group? that sounded like a kind of good idea. she would just have to stay a little close to one or two groups. not so that she was following them, just so that she knew where they were.

aspen listened in on a few things that the groups said so that she would know where they went. alright. maybe she did have a good idea! aspen was already getting quite excited for this hiking trip.
x
x
x
x

baz, he/him || kals
ESFP
// sirbazicus ☄️🦋🌊
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
so stay with me
hold my hand
there's no need
to be brave