The edge of the woods.... [Final Results Up!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: The edge of the woods.... [Prompt One Open! Update pg. 1

Postby undead » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:55 pm

Sign-up Time!
      Username: túna
      Link to roll call post: Teufel
      Prompt response:
      Teufel gazed boredly down at his phone as he fiddled around with it, trying to get some internet out here so he could at least text his boyfriend about this.. game he was supposed to play. It didn't seem like any fun at all- going out into the forest with a bunch of babies and getting 'spooked' by the set up creeps and crawlies the counselors had put out. He was much too old for this. His boyfriend had really wanted to do it with him,, but he needed to tell him it was just a kids game the counselors set up for the young ones. With a cranky sigh, Teufel turns his head and looks toward the sheet that looked hastily taped up next to him. There were so many signatures already- and some of the handwriting people had written with didn't even look like it was by children.. which confused him a little bit,
      Nothing scared Teufel. At least, not something a dumb little hike could do. There would just be kids crying, flashlights 'mysteriously breaking', and poor wildlife running from the noise, right? His odd eyes give the sheet an unamused blink as he finds his hand moving toward the pen. This was such a dumb little activity, but.. everyone else seemed so excited for it. He had seen other kalons looking happy for such a challenge, scared for going deep into the woods.. this event was so hyped up. Perhaps if he did it with friends though,, it wouldn't be so bad. It would still be dumb, though.
      Teufel hesitantly takes a hold of the pen and looks it over. What an odd looking device,, was he supposed to pick a color to use? He pushes on the red part of the back of the pen to make that tip stick out, and he looks it over briefly. He really didn't have much of a choice in the matter.. it was still an experience, albeit a probable dumb one. Maybe if he finally gets some sleep and hypes himself up for it, it'll be more fun than he thinks. After all, he loved horror movies and scary situations,, perhaps he could just laugh at how badly put together this 'test of courage' would be.
      He offers himself a little smirk as the pen writes his name in scraggly red letters. He never was good at handwriting. Teufel knew he was better than this event though,, the counselors would really have to step up their game if they wanted to scare a big scary kal like him. Teufel lets the pen drop as he finishes his name and steps back. Test of courage,, he's all signed up. It may make those camp counselors happy at least,, now, to go on to sign up for the next activity. Hmm.. Teufel felt some form of small butterflies start to flutter in his chest as he turned tail and started walking off. Was this.. excitement? Surely not for some insignificant thing like this.. but maybe,, deep down, he was looking forward to it. If it proved itself exciting, it could be the most fun he'll have all camp long. The smirk he plastered on earlier starts to turn into a smile as he begins to jog in the opposite direction. Maybe this camp won't be half bad after all!

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇ᴋᴜʀᴛɪꜱ | ʟᴠɪᴄʜᴛ
▇▇▇▇{ | | ♑︎ }

▇▇▇▇hello! proud ghost artist
▇▇▇▇▇for Cozie Critters! you
▇.▇▇▇can dm me here or on
▇.▇▇▇ discord if you need me.
▇.▇..>>▇▇▇@ooeeoo
▇.▇.▇▇▇▇art by Panya
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
undead

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kolyakun » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:48 pm

Sign-up Time!
Username: kolyakun
Link to roll call post: here!
Prompt response:

┍━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━┑

Kolya ★ She/They ★ INFP

My Kalons

Artist for Kalons

sig art by sov25 on TH

┕━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━┙
kolyakun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luscinia » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:06 pm

Sign-up Time!
Username: CourtofLions
Link to roll call post: Dover Lovell
Prompt response:

Dover peeled back his long black hair from his face, peering curiously at the sign-up sheet in front of him with his golden-colored eyes. Taking into consideration the title of the hike, "Test of Courage," he leaned back and took in the vast sight of the type of nature that now surrounded him. Forest, something he had never really seen before. The forest was nothing like the beach he came from, with more wildlife and more places for creatures to hide. While he highly doubted it would be as spooky as the counselors joked it would be, the idea of wandering unfamiliar territory at the dark of night was too intriguing to pass up. With the fresh idea of a new adventure in mind, a small grin crept onto his lips as he grabbed ahold of the pen, hurriedly scribbling his name, Dσνєr Lσνєℓℓ, down onto the sign-up sheet. With his agreement of participation as official as it possibly could be, he backed away and walked off with a satisfied expression. At first, he was worried that this "kamp" wouldn't have much to offer him on the front of adventure, but perhaps this Test of Courage would prove him wrong.

[200 words]
Luscinia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The edge of the woods.... [OPEN!]

Postby junie b. jones » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:11 pm

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sign-up Time!
Username: dazzledaisies
Link to roll call post: [!!!]
Prompt response: 594 words
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

milo was very, very wrong to think that it would be a good idea to give up coffee before kamp.

"it'll be easy!" he thought --
"you'll be so busy having fun, that you won't even remember that you're not drinking coffee!"

so far, going cold turkey had not been easy and it was making his entire camp experience somewhat excruciating instead of fun.

milo's self-pitying thoughts were interrupted when he saw a painfully bright...well, he wasn't quite sure what it was.

eyelids perilously heavy, and the rest of him in a decaffeinated stupor, milo gazed at the object that was offending his more dreary sensibilities. in between blinks that teetered on the precipice between blinking and closing one's eyes, he concluded that the object was, in fact, a highlighter. because, to the best of milo's knowledge, a highlighter that wasn't mind boggling-ly bright wouldn't serve much of a purpose, he gave the utensil some degree of pardon. ugly object rationalized, milo began to look at the paper that seemed to be the reason the highlighter had been taped to the...cabin itself? milo gave in to the weight of his eyelids, in the hope that when he opened his eyes again, the highlighter would no longer be a piece of god-awful cabin decor.

as milo's eyes drudged open, his delight that the highlighter was not taped to the cabin, but to a clipboard on the cabin, was quickly sqaundered by the realization that the highlighter was not, in fact, a highlighter. the should-have-been highlighter was actually one of those multicolored click-y pens that's basically the same thing as a highlighter if you're sleep deprived enough. milo revoked the objects pardon - after all, pens can do their job just fine without being headache inducing. turning his head as far away from the pen as possible and stifling a yawn, milo began to read the paper that was attached to clipboard.

"test of courage...am I courageous?" thought milo as his eyes wandered over the block(ish) letters.

then milo saw the heartfelt doodles underneath the title (the heartfelt-ness of which he questioned later, but in the moment, milo was completely enamored by the little drawings). he looked at the little red guy, asking him to join, and was almost moved to tears. the thing seemed so hopeful, so eager, it's simplicity indicating that it was created not to impress but to convey a message - this little guy wanted milo to find out if he was courageous, just like milo wanted milo to find out if he was courageous!

"of course i'll join!!" choked out milo, the strain in his voice pointing out that he was closer to tears than a less sleep deprived milo would have liked.

milo grabbed the hideous pen, too caught up in his emotions to care about it's appearance, because wasn't the pen trying it's best? not even bothering to pick his own color, milo scribbled his name on an open line, embellishing it with a heart, because in the moment all milo could think about was how much love everything deserved (especially that little red guy on the paper). feeling as if he had completed a noble task, his tired heart filled with joy milo, wandered off to his cabin in the hope of getting some shut-eye before whatever big adventure the little red guy had wanted him to sign up for. he was sure that it was going to be great, and he was more curious than ever to see if he was courageous or not!

Last edited by junie b. jones on Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

꒱࿐♡ ˚.*ೃ꒱࿐♡ ˚.*ೃ
hi, i'm maddie!
she/they, infp, artist,
big time nature girlie.
art credit: janine antoni—loving care, 1993
꒱࿐♡ ˚.*ೃ꒱࿐♡ ˚.*ೃ
junie b. jones

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby UltimateKitty » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:00 pm

Sign-up Time!
Username: UltimateKitty
Link to roll call post: here
Prompt response:
[305 words]

Rowan stood and observed the crude poster decorated with poor handwriting and goofy yet entertaining doodles. It had already collected some signatures of clashing, bright colors that hurt all six of her eyes. She was awfully tentative about grabbing the pen. "Test of courage, huh?" she thought aloud. "What are they gonna do? Scare us?" she muttered Rowan couldn't find the appeal in something like that. Trekking through dirt, grass, and animal crap just to see some counselors put on a pathetic little show to scare the kiddies. The first thing that came to her mind was bad costumes and poor acting to get a scare out of somebody. It sounded like a bad 'movie', the kind that a kid with a camera and few friends would make in their backyard, all sewn together in iMovie with all the seams between the clips showing. Of course she'd have to prove herself, though. Rowan wasn't satisfied with the taste that staying behind would leave in her mouth. It sounded like a grueling activity to participate in, but Rowan didn't want to look like some sort of scared little kid. She was sensitive about that kind of thing. Rowan always felt that she had to prove how cool and hardcore she is. And of course, she could play some tricks of her own on anybody who doesn't expect it... Quickly she grabbed the pen, clicked down on the red button, and signed her name in a sloppy manner. Rowan couldn't tell if she signed her name or "Pavven." Rowan shrugged it off and began strolling back to her cabin after taping the colorful pen back where she found it. As she walked, she looked back at the forest and could've sworn she saw some kind of strange shadow and a pair of eyes. Must've been a counselor.
UltimateKitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Anza » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:59 pm

Sign-up Time!
    Username: Anza
    Link to roll call post: boop
    Prompt response:
    “A nighttime hike? Sounds absolutely thrilling.” Sam thought to herself as she examined the sign up sheet in front of her. She had paused in front of the piece of paper because the doodles at the top had caught her eye. It looked like something out of one of the abstract art museums that her aunt had dragged her to attend in the city in hopes of lifting her spirits. Her aunt did a lot of things to help Sam feel happier about her dad forcing her to move to the city for a few years following her riding accident. This KAMP had been one of those said ploys to get Sam to cheer up a little, but it honestly made her feel slightly worse knowing that the great outdoors, the hikes, and the campfire would only be reminding her of the things she use to have everyday. “And I didn’t have to travel by bus to the middle of nowhere to get it. I lived in a place like this!”

Sam picked up the pen and twirled it in her hand as she debated whether or not to place her name on the list of willing victims. She didn’t find herself fazed at the title “Test of Courage,” after all, she had frequently gone on night camping trips herself. “I bet most of these other Kalons are city born and raised. The slightest creek in the night will cause them to jump out of their skin, and that would be entertaining to say the least.” Sam thought, only to immediately scolded herself for such a bitter idea. Her frustration about being here was making her think such bitter thoughts that didn’t usually cross her mind. Sam shook her head at herself before picking up the pen and clicking it to blue, her favorite color, to add herself to the list. She had come here to make friends and this was definitely a much better alternative then being cooped up inside that stuffy apartment all day! She was sure that the hike wouldn’t be anything actually scary(I mean they wouldn’t traumatize children, right?) and maybe her outdoor skills would come in handy, although Sam was sure that the councilors here knew a thing or two about the wilderness in these parts. “May as well.” Sam said our loud as she signed her name in cursive letters in the next available spot on the sheet. As she walked away, Sam couldn’t escape the feeling that maybe she had signed up for something more scary then she had originally thought. Wasn’t there always a skeptic in horror movies that died as they screamed with realization and terror? Sam smiled to herself and brushed away that thought with a laugh. “Nah, that can’t happen at this kamp...they can’t even spell ‘camp’ correctly!”
costal cowgirl / law student / CS member since 2012
01/2022 UPDATE ---> I've chosen to leave the character community however,
I am keeping my closed species adopts as they mean quite a lot to me
I'm here now mostly for events
✮ ✮ ✮
Anza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dogo » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:20 pm

Sign-up Time!
Username: Dogo
Link to roll call post: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3859303&p=119725472#p119725472
Prompt response:
Fonta gasped at the sight of the sign up sheet. She smiled. "Wowie this looks fun!" she giggled and picked up the colorful pen. She clicked the pen and chose her favorite color, orange, and wrote down her name in all caps. Fonta loved spooky places, she loves horror movies and thrillers! This forest was very intimidating and scary for her, but that's exactly the kind of adventure she likes! Plus, she wasn't going alone, she was going with other Kampers and the counselors who would hopefully keep her safe. She started to wonder what could possibly be in the forbidden forest. Monsters? Creepy crawlies? Ghosts? Luckily Fonta knew a bit about ghosts because of her ghost hunting hobby. Still she would feel uneasy if she came face to face with one. She felt very excited and couldn't wait to start the trip. She found a counselor and asked "when does the trip start?" anxiously with a big smile. At their reply she jumped with excitement, ready to start the journey
i'm not really active here anymore, but i'm on animal jam more
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dogo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FluffyBirdie » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:36 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: FluffyBirdie
Link to roll call post: xx
Prompt response:
    Quinn glanced back at the forest as the skies turned dark, and grinned, quickly picking up the pen and signing his name onto the growing list. Maybe they were right, and there were some true horrors in there, maybe it would just be some counselors flashing lights and retelling ghost stories. Either way, he was eager for night to arrive. He wasn't sure what the Kamp policy was on killing monsters, but if any were present he would be glad to step in, pull out some destructive magic and bury that demon twenty feet under. He was filled with adrenaline, and fear was not an emotion he currently felt. Now this was what he meant by training; a test of courage. Of worthiness. After all, the battles he would face in the future would require far, far more courage; if he could not stand this, he should not be allowed to join the Royal Guard at all, powerful magic or not.

Now that was something that made him feel fear.

[170 words]

──── ────
|| Kalons || TH ||
★★★
Selling OCs, lf art/c$!
Pixel animation shop

──── ────

click on art for credit! avatar credit
FluffyBirdie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby apprentice_ » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:57 am

{ Sign-up Time! || username: rainichi || roll call }▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬{ courage prompt one || nora ft. cas }
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

courage is subjective

“oh, neat !”
      lanky fingers snatched a many-colored pen from its cage of tape, having held it against a clipboard. the clipboard itself was entirely ignored, while instead the pen captured every bit of attention from the kit born in the wrong generation. she clicked one color, and the next, and the next, scribbling on her hand with each one of them. she tried to press all down at once, frowned when nothing happened, and afterwards settled on red — red for passion, fury, strength.

“always wanted one of these.”
      in a parallel universe, nora had already jogged off with the pen. but her sense of justice was stronger in this world than that one, so she only admired it before turning eyes to the clipboard it belonged to.

only minutes ago had nora wandered away from the main campsite, curiosity getting the better of her. forbidden forest. sounded wicked. she totally had to check it out. and she did, or almost did — would have, if it weren’t for the camp counselors standing in her path. she u-turned real fast, thinking it was too early to get yelled at, and not by the adults but by cas if nora got in trouble.

but the counselors were cool. or beni was, and iphis was just nice to look at if nothing else. in the end, no one was in trouble, but nora was a bit unwillingly lead back to camp ( not that she blamed them for returning her to safety ).

they had spoken of a test of courage, and the words jolted the kit’s heart. oh, had she looked forward to this. she’d dug and dug for information online and in brochures, only to come to one conclusion: this test of courage activity was one big super cool mystery she’d just have to wait for. since she’d arrived at kamp ( a whole eight hours ago ), she’d been so anxious wondering when this activity would pop up.

it seemed kind of silly to her that earlier she’d blatantly walked by the clipboard and it’s test of courage sign up sheet. nora was definitely equipped with a hyper focused one track mind if she hadn’t caught the bright pink pen. who in the hot hell even owned the thing? ( would they let her keep it if she asked? )

her hand raised and scrawled two names on the sign up sheet: nora and cas, a pair to be feared. one loved the thrill of being afraid out of her wits and was too stubborn to ever back down. the other simply had no fear and completely lacked self preservation instincts. danger duo. stupid in two very different ways and they were going to rock this.

they’d survived hendrickson’s haunted house and the 9th street graveyard and nora once backflipped off a small cliff into a river that was clearly a “no diving zone.” broke her foot. still did it again a year later. was definitely going to either ace this test of courage or come out with a participation medal labeled “at least you tried. please don’t sue.”

and that was a pretty neat thought. go hard or go home, wherein either could mean breaking something. a good thing nora wasn’t in theatre ; tell her to break a leg and she almost certainly would.

“well, one way or another this will be fun, i guess.”
        she beamed a smile to no one but herself. disaster child.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

im chi | they/them | spicy & undead
──────────────────────
links artshop
fern lyn
──────────────────────

apprentice_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

「 may your paws serve you well 」

Postby imp. » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:48 am

Sign-up Time!
    Username: imp.
    Link to Roll Call Post: Here!
    Prompt Response: [ 367 Words ]
Fate will play us out with a song of pure romance,
Stomp your feet and clap your hands!

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Kai could practically feel her excitement about to burst from inside of her. Her arms shook with positive energy as did her legs. She sat in the desk chair, spinning around the cabin with pure joy. The wheels against the floor seemed to intensify the mood. Kai didn’t stop until she felt like she her lunch from earlier was going to make a reappearance. Finally slowing down, she reached out for the wooden table in front of her, dragging herself over. Looking down at the map of Kamp which she had drawn herself, she studied the Forbidden Forest section for a second before spinning away once again, letting out an excited squeal. She hadn't realized that the wheels' vibrations might've bothered her deaf cabin-mate, Saki. The story behind the two being chosen to share a cabin was actually quite ironic, since they had bonded over Kai's selective mutism and Saki's deafness. Their other cabin-mate, Atlas, wasn’t much like them besides his Narcolepsy.
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Her paws pounded on the floor below as Kai raced to the three-level bunk bed, grabbing the paw of the Kalon who rested on the bottom mattress. She had found out about her cabin assignment late, leaving her with the middle, white Atlas topped both of them. She offered Saki a smile, but it was gone within seconds as she raced out of the cabin, still holding onto him. She would've dragged Atlas along with her as well, but he was already asleep, and didn't seem too interested in things like night hikes. Kai, however, most certainly was. She was an explorer, a traveler of dimensions, but Tests of Courage still had her bouncing up and down with excitement. She wanted to document her journey is one of her notebooks. She would make sure to add little sketches and citations just like she always did.
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Clicking the pen a couple of times to get the color she wanted, Kai quickly wrote her name on the form in the bright turquoise. She passed the pen to Saki, hopping from paw to paw as she waited for him to sign. She was already brainstorming journal ideas. Maybe she'd even put a little sunflower on the cover? To the Kalon kit, the ideas seemed to be neverending.
Let's kill tonight, kill tonight,
Show them all you're not the ordinary type!
imp.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me