Chubbies Mod Search!

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Chubbies Mod Search!

Postby crumblecake » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:53 am

Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mod Search
Hey everyone! Chubbies is currently looking for staff members! This thread is specifically meant to find mods. To truly see the fit of each member to the job, I've created an in-depth form for possible moderators to fill out! This way, I can see who's really up for the task of becoming a Chubbie mod! Mods get paid 20 Treats for every week they work on the thread, and can request a custom for themselves upon entrance into the team! All staff customs can have special traits and lineart changes!
This search is ongoing! I may immediately add you to the team or come back to your application.
The Task

The task is to fill out the mod form as thoroughly as possible. This is your ticket to becoming a moderator, so do well! Forms may be edited after you post them.

Rules
- More than one mod can be accepted from this thread; all winners will be added to the staff team.
- These rules are subject to change at any time, with or without notice.
- The competition can end without a winner.
- Please no insulting your own form or other's forms!
- Don't chat; only post entries on this thread.

Guidelines
- feel free to pretty up the form! coding knowledge is definitely a plus but not required!
- discord is a requirement!
- this is a suggestion, but at least a short paragraph for open-ended questions is preferred.

Entry Form
Code: Select all
[b]I Want to Mod![/b]
username:
what timezone are you in? :
how long have you known about Chubbies? :
how often do you check the thread? :
why you want to join Chubbies as a mod? :
Do you have any past experience as a moderator? :
do you have discord(and what is your username) :
describe yourself with positives and negatives :
How do you think you can improve this thread? :

Situational Questions
These are not required, but including them gives you an edge over the competition!
Code: Select all
[b]Situational Questions[/b]
what would you do if someone posts a form when all spots are full or closed?

what are the steps you would take if a form is posted properly and spots are open, but Canis hasn't gotten to it yet?

how would you react if someone was asking a lot of simple questions?

how would you answer a question you don't know the correct answer to?

what would you do if someone is complaining or insulting another user?

how would you react to a situation on Discord that needs assistance?

Last edited by crumblecake on Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:32 am, edited 5 times in total.
xxxxixxxixxxxcrumblecake

xxxixart shop | chubbies

borzoi crew wrote:
•••••••••••••••
"quoet"

•••••••••••••••
crumblecake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Entries

Postby crumblecake » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:54 am

entries
xxxxixxxixxxxcrumblecake

xxxixart shop | chubbies

borzoi crew wrote:
•••••••••••••••
"quoet"

•••••••••••••••
crumblecake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Res

Postby crumblecake » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:54 am

res
xxxxixxxixxxxcrumblecake

xxxixart shop | chubbies

borzoi crew wrote:
•••••••••••••••
"quoet"

•••••••••••••••
crumblecake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Chubbies Mod Search!

Postby watts » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:19 am

I Want to Mod!
    username: nev.
    what timezone are you in? : eastern
    how long have you known about Chubbies? : pretty much since it started
    how often do you check the thread? : all. the. time. every few minutes i would say
    why you want to join Chubbies as a mod? : well i'm already part of the discord, and i'd really love to become even more involved!
    Do you have any past experience as a moderator? : yes! i was a moderator for multiple species in the past, and i used to own a few adoptables.
    do you have discord(and what is your username) : yes! (nickname on it is nev. but my username is naomi#2005 )
    describe yourself with positives and negatives : kind, organized, fairly calm, sometimes my patience can run just a bit thin, to some people i may come off as "bubbly" (i totally have no idea what they mean! (x <3 ), and stubborn
    how do you think you can improve this thread? : i can help you answer questions and such when you aren't around, or too busy!

Situational Questions
        I'd politely explain to them that spots are filled/closed, and that it is preffered that no one posts forms when they are all filled/closed. If it happens multiple times, I'd take it to a pm and remind them that they've made the mistake before.

what are the steps you would take if a form is posted properly and spots are open, but Canis hasn't gotten to it yet?
        I would likely leave it alone, since you usually get to them rather quickly, but if a large enough amount of time passed and Canis still did not get to them, I'd send them a pm telling them not to worry and I'd contact you!

I really like seeing pages nice and clean, and I would pm them answering all of their questions, and ask if there was anything else they needed. I'd also ask them to please read through all of the posts and try to see if their question had been answered on one of the main posts, or recently.

First I'd look through the main posts if I could find an answer to the question. If I didn't find anything, I'd contact you (Canis),
        on discord to figure it out.

I would definitely contact them through pm about it, telling them that in no way is that appropriate. If they were insulting another user, I'd tell them that it is against site rules (and link them to the site's rules.) If it continued, I would bring in a CS mod.

I'd handle it similar to how I'd handle it on CS. Because I have discord on both my phone and laptop, I'd be able to respond to it just as well. if it was a question, i'd answer it to the best of my ability. If it was a situation where someone was complaining/insulting someone else, I'd delete the message(s) and DM them.
watts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TrashFan » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:25 am

I Want to Mod!
username: TrashFan
what timezone are you in? : Mst(Mountain standard time) :^)
how long have you known about Chubbies? : Since even before the species started when it was originally going to open on january!
how often do you check the thread? : i try to check on the discord and thread but they are kinda hard to keep up with, if i become mod i would probaly try to be active on the discord again.
why you want to join Chubbies as a mod? : because i want to contribute more to chubbies and i don't have confidence in becoming a artist dispite my experience with other adoptables haha.
Do you have any past experience as a moderator? : Yes, i have been mod forsweet skullies and although not mod, artist for quite a bunch of other adoptables, however i have kinda been more than just that and helped make a discord and fanclub for one of them.
do you have discord(and what is your username) : Yes, im already on the chubbies discord as TrashFan (An Potato #9938)
describe yourself with positives and negatives : Im pretty helpful and always happy to help, but i can be bit stubborn at times and sometime jealous but i never let that get in the way.
How do you think you can improve this thread? : I can help you do some stuff when your busy, even if not artist, also if you need pixels for events which you probably wont haha, i could definitely help with that.

Situational Questions
I would pm them politely that they had posted when spots are full and if it was customs or breedings that they may repost their form when slots are open. When they had done twice i will tell them that they had made the mistake before and give them advice to make sure and check the customs/breedings post before they post to see if theres a slot open, if it was posting for a fcfs chubbies that was already claimed, i would tell them that the chubbie has been claimed and that they should check the litters post before posting

I wouldnt really do much but wait for canis to get to it, if they havent in like 2-3 days then i would pm them them to check if they had forgotten about it or something, if the person waiting asked about it on thread, i will pm them on what happened and why it may be taking a long time.

I would post on the thread politely telling them to read through the posts on the main thread to see if their questions have been answered already and then tell them if some of their questions wasn't answered on the main thread they may edit their post to just include them, if they need clearfication i will pm them on where the question was answered as well as answer some of their other questions

I would probaly ask canis about the question and when i get the answer i will answer the persons question.

I would pm them telling that what they are doing is against the rules both the afoptable rules and CS rules warning them, if this persists, further action would be taken. Such as reporting.

Probaly similar to on cs, somebody asks a question i will answer it, tagging them, if they are doing something against the rules in most degrees i would deletge the message and dm them, similar to nev haha, but isnt that the standard way to handle things?
Last edited by TrashFan on Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TrashFan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GreenAppleTea » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:17 am

I Want to Mod!
username: Silverflare12345
what timezone are you in? : Mountain Standard
how long have you known about Chubbies? : ...Two days...
how often do you check the thread? : Very often. Because I procrastinate
why you want to join Chubbies as a mod? : Because I want to help out and be useful to the Chubbie community. And I have not artistic talent whatsoever.
Do you have any past experience as a moderator? : Yes, on a different site however.
do you have discord(and what is your username) : Yes. Silverflare12345
describe yourself with positives and negatives : I procrastinate, which will probably result in me having to do lots of homework in one night, I'm eager, and patient.
How do you think you can improve this thread? :

Situational Questions

I would either tell them through a pm, or a post, depending on how they are acting. If they are being incredibly rude, I would notify Canis straight away with a PM, and try to keep the flames from being fanned until she gets on. If they are just confused, I would politely tell them so.

Probably leave it for the time being, and if they didn't hop on for quite some time, send Canis a PM. If Canis was taking really long, and I mean REALLY long, I would tell them that Canis would be there eventually, and just sit tight and wait.

Probably ask them to look over the front page, and see if the question has already been answered or is pending. If not, but I knew the answer, I would tell them to PM me instead so we wouldn't take up thread space.

I'd look throughout the topic, double check, and if I still don't know, ask Cas or other mods.

Try to resolve the situation, tell them it's not proper behavior through a PM, and if they attack me or continue badgering the other user, tell Cas, and try to stop them from getting madder.

Depending on the severity of the problem, I may not be able to handle it yet, because this is actually my second day of using discord, but I'm learning!
GreenAppleTea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stranger danger » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:43 am

I Want to Mod!
      username: stranger danger
      what timezone are you in? : est
      how long have you known about Chubbies? : for awhile - i used to watch the thread without posting until i finally did.
      how often do you check the thread? : basically everytime someone posts.
      why you want to join Chubbies as a mod? : i adore this species - i want to help out however i can!
      Do you have any past experience as a moderator? : no, actually.
      do you have discord(and what is your username) : i do! i'm on the server as stranger/val - my username is moony.
      describe yourself with positives and negatives : i'm a very determined girl - if i want it done it's going to get done. at some times i can get extremely apathetic, but that's only if i believe the issue isn't worth my time.
      How do you think you can improve this thread? : i think i can bring a sense of speediness to answering questions and keeping a silent eye on the thread. i never appear online for a reason - i tend to watch from the side lines. if you think i'm not paying attention, i most likely am.

Situational Questions
      i would pm them politely asking if they could wait for the slot to be opened.

i would notify the person who posted the form, saying that canis is busy and will eventually get to their form - they haven't been forgotten. i would then pm canis asking to close the slot.

i would answer them patiently - though in all honesty i would probably be getting a little annoyed, i'd just do my best to keep my cool and if i get too annoyed, refer them to the rules.

i would ask canis, or if i can't do my best to answer the question.

tell them to keep in pms - and if i can solve the problem, i would solve it.

i would defuse the situation as quickly as possible and as efficiently as possible. if i can't do it myself i'll get help from another mod.
stranger danger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hashtag » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:24 am

I Want to Mod!
username: hashtag
what timezone are you in? : eastern time zone
how long have you known about Chubbies? : since they started!
how often do you check the thread? : few times a day
why you want to join Chubbies as a mod? : I love chubbies! they're adorable <3.
Do you have any past experience as a moderator? : yes! I used to be the owner of Smitten Kittens, & am the archivist/one of the mods at aqua woves, (the following positions are all retired): artist/mod at pixel pups, owner/artist/mod at sitting kittens, and more c:
do you have discord(and what is your username) : yes! my user is inoperable #5166
describe yourself with positives and negatives : positive: I am very active on chicken smoothie, have previous teamwork experience, kind & understanding, hard worker, when in the zone I can do anything, not an angry person. negatives: I'm a procrastinator but not when serious work needs to be done, can have health issues (thats why I retired from previous jobs, last year I had a huge episode.)
How do you think you can improve this thread? : I think I could improve the thread by reinforcing rules, and making some suggestions!

Situational Questions
what would you do if someone posts a form when all spots are full or closed? I would quote their form and kindly let them know are slots are full.

what are the steps you would take if a form is posted properly and spots are open, but Canis hasn't gotten to it yet? Depends how long it has been waiting. If its on a new page and Canis will just accept it later, I'll leave it, but if its been a while I will most likely pm Canis just to let her know that she accidentally missed someone.

how would you react if someone was asking a lot of simple questions? I would quote all their questions into one post and ask them to read through the explanations/requirements/rules before asking questions, and answer all their questions.

how would you answer a question you don't know the correct answer to? I would not answer it, and pm the other mods/Canis.

what would you do if someone is complaining or insulting another user? I would pm Canis/the other mod(s) letting her know, then quote their post(s) letting them know that that kind of behaviour is most definitely not tolerated and this thread is supposed to be a fun/happy place.

how would you react to a situation on Discord that needs assistance? Depends the situation. If it's severe, I would let Canis/the other mods know so we could brain storm some ideas of how to deal with it, if it was minor and an easy fix I would inform the other mods and we'd decide what to do.
Last edited by hashtag on Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hashtag

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honeypluto » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:20 pm

I Want to Mod!
username: lilangelxo
what timezone are you in? : GMT
how long have you known about Chubbies? :Since the start of december!
how often do you check the thread? : Daily, and often!
why you want to join Chubbies as a mod? : I would love to be able to contribute to such a wonderful community and help out! I adore Chubbies and it would be great to be able to be more involved!
Do you have any past experience as a moderator? : I have moderated other sites and forums, but none on cs.
do you have discord(and what is your username) : No, but I can easily download it
describe yourself with positives and negatives : P- Friendly, approachable, quick-thinker, very active, helpful N- Can procrastinate and get distracted but will focus if important
How do you think you can improve this thread? : I can add a positive attitude and another friendly, approachable staff member who is ready and willing to help.

Situational Questions
what would you do if someone posts a form when all spots are full or closed? Kindly inform them that the spots are full/closed, but invite them to repost their form at a later date

what are the steps you would take if a form is posted properly and spots are open, but Canis hasn't gotten to it yet?Forward the form, and inform the poster that the form has not yet reached Canis and they will get to it as quickly as possible.

how would you react if someone was asking a lot of simple questions? Help them out as much as possible, condensing my answers into a single post and referring them to the rules/information sections of the thread.

how would you answer a question you don't know the correct answer to? I would pm Canis/ another mod to ask for an answer before relaying it to the poster.

what would you do if someone is complaining or insulting another user? I would pm them privately reminding them that their behaviour is not tolerated, and kindly ask to remove the posts, as well as informing another mod/Canis

how would you react to a situation on Discord that needs assistance? Think about whether I could tackle it on my own, and either think of the best possible solution or message Canis/another mod for help.
ImageImageImageImage

ARMY
honeypluto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oblique » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:41 pm

I Want to Mod!

username: Sanddollar
what timezone are you in? : Central (UTC-06:00)
how long have you known about Chubbies? : Quite honestly, I only stumbled upon the thread today! However, I plan to stay here for a while, and am learning as quickly as I can.
how often do you check the thread? : Since I picked up on this thread's existence, I've looked over at least one Chubbie-related thread every hour or two - I want to get to know this place as quickly as I can manage!
why you want to join Chubbies as a mod? : I know I haven't been here long, but I'm absolutely enamored with this species! The linearts and designs are extremely well made, and with the way the species is run (from what I've seen of it, that is!) floors me. Clearly, you're not exactly new with taking care of such things! Alongside that, the lineart reminds me of Pygmy Dragons (owned by the lovely Minette.), which I'm quite fond of as well! Unfortunately, I've never quite had the chance to get very far into the species, but I plan to explore it a bit more as well!
Do you have any past experience as a moderator? : Yes, I have! Although I didn't have a formal role, I was previously a helper for Whipadons (owned by the wonderful Derpiness. At that time, I was known by the username "EchooftheWhiteWolf"). I have previously held a moderating role for a roleplay thread currently under the control of Sweet Tooth. Said roleplay has since been abandoned (last post was in mid July), but can be found here for reference. Last, but certainly not least, I currently hold a position as Roleplay Moderator in CherryLeaf 54's WillowTea. The site has yet to develop fully, and therefore lacks roleplay forums for me to have much work, but I regularly check the site and do what I can when I can. Other than that, I unfortunately don't have much for moderating experience.
do you have discord(and what is your username) :I do have Discord! While I'd rather not share it here, I'd gladly give it to you via PM if/when requested.
describe yourself with positives and negatives :I'm generally quite timid, although I can get quite talkative once I've had a bit of experience with those around me! It may take me anywhere from a day to a week, but I will open up and I'm perfectly willing to talk/answer questions as soon as I've grown a bit more used to my surroundings. I do, admittedly, have a bit of a tendency to procrastinate, but I do my best! I'm a generally tender-hearted person, but can get quite fierce if it's a matter in which someone I care about is at risk or I believe is at risk. I'm a night owl! School will keep me away in the daytime (on weekdays, that is!), but once I'm free, expect me to be extremely active! Sleep is often thrown out the window in my case, as I will do just about anything I can (within reason) to ensure people are satisfied with whatever I am to be working on (save for schoolwork, that is!).
How do you think you can improve this thread? :While it may not directly interact with the thread, perhaps a Chatzy will improve the species as a whole! Unlike Discord, it doesn't require an account to be made in order to enter and talk (which may hold some back), although it does record nickname changes! For example, if you leave, change your nickname, and return, it will show the previous nickname in parenthesis. If you change it while in the chat, a textual notification will arrive within the aforementioned chat to inform all users of the nickname change. Commands are very simple to use, and colours (for nicknames) can be changed as well. In this way, one could more easily distinguish one user to another. Anyway, I think Chatzy would be a wonderful addition to Chubbies!

Situational Questions
what would you do if someone posts a form when all spots are full or closed? I would first PM you asking if you had dealt with said post, as multiple reminders work the same, if not worse, as only one. In the event you either let me know you had yet to respond to them or had not received the PM within three hours, I would PM the aforementioned person to gently remind them that forms are full/closed.

what are the steps you would take if a form is posted properly and spots are open, but Canis hasn't gotten to it yet? I wouldn't take any steps towards it, in all honesty. I have no way of knowing whether or not you have responded to a form (unless you have expressly said so via a message on Discord, PM to me, or otherwise) and would therefore only be causing problems by initiating such things. Unless I was clearly given permission and the response I am to give(and a response would be sent to ensure this is what you were asking of me), I would not respond to forms such as applications. In the case of other forms such as those for baiting, I am not quite sure what the position of moderator involves and have therefore sent a PM to Canis requested a description.

how would you react if someone was asking a lot of simple questions? If multiple are on the FAQ, I will PM them with a link to the FAQ and a quote of the questions/answers they requested from there. Otherwise, questions are questions! I have yet to join the Discord, and will check for a questions tab (and refer them to the Discord if such a tab exists) along with a response to their inquiries.

how would you answer a question you don't know the correct answer to? If sent through a direct messaging system or clearly aimed at me in some way, I will let them know that I am unsure and refer you to their inquiry (or inquiries) instead.

what would you do if someone is complaining or insulting another user? In this situation, I will speak directly to those involved through a direct messaging system, not any official Chubbies thread (for the sake of avoiding spam), asking them to kindly avoid such behaviours in the future. I will then inform you of such occurrences, and in the event the behaviour is repeated despite multiple warnings, I will speak with you (and request your assistance) before taking further action. If harmful slurs have been used (examples will not be given, as this is a site aimed for children) against a person (or group+, I will go directly to those who have spoken them, along with you to inform you that such things have occurred and are largely unacceptable.

how would you react to a situation on Discord that needs assistance? It depends on the situation! If it involves questions, I will answer to the best of my ability or refer you if I cannot answer said question. If there is an argument, I will directly message any involved parties to ask them to stop, along with a message directed to you to let you know said argument has occurred. As stated above, if slurs are used to harm a person or group, direct messages will be sent to the user and owner to ensure that things will be handled the way the aforementioned owner wishes. In any other cases, things will be taken care of on a case-by-case basis, and no actions will be taken without notice of the owner.

If you have any other questions/concerns regarding my application, please let me know!
Sand | They/them | Nb | Really hecking gay
Flight Rising
Oblique

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me