Kalon Announcement Thread [DNP UNLESS STAFF]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

➥ traits

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:04 pm

The following changes have been made to Kalon traits:
  • Munchkinism and reverse munchkinism are now classified as one trait "height change". For breeding purposes this means if all Kalons involved have a height change it will be auto passed. If all Kalons have the same height change [ie taller or shorter] only that change will auto-pass, if they have different height changes [ie one is munchkin and the other is reverse munchkin] it will be rolled 50/50 to decide which will pass to the kit. Munchkin and reverse munchkin can not be seen at the same time in a single Kalon, the same height change must effect all limbs on the Kalon save for a natural mutation of extra limbs.
  • Extra limbs that are shorter/longer than the normal Kalon proportion will now be considered a natural mutation, not a height change.
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➥ misc

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:07 pm

The following clarification has been made on Kalon references:
  • Legs on the Kalon reference may not be altered except for in the case of a taller height change. If your Kalon has munchkinism the legs may not be redrawn, the original lines must to edited to be shorter.
Last edited by ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➥ misc

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:09 pm

The following verdict has been reached on Kalon designs:
  • Kalons based explicitly on memes shall not be approved. You may still take inspiration from a meme but a Kalon should be able to stand as its own entity away from the meme. Similar palettes, markings, or shines may be used in moderation. If you have any questions on if a Kalon that is based off a meme would be accepted please seek staff council before continuing with designing.
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➥ rules

Postby Karmel » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:17 am

Major Update to Honorable Mentions System!

We've come with news that will hopefully make getting a custom Kalon from your HMs better and easier for everyone. The staff have listened to feedback and are implementing a major change to the system.

The way you receive HMs is the same as before, but now instead of having them exclusively made by staff any member of the community may make a custom from these honorable mentions! Here's how it works, when making yours or another member's custom from HMs, simply have all appropriate mentions linked with the custom and message a member of staff for approval. One approved, these HMs are now obsolete and cannot be used again.

Rather than trading the HMs in for a custom with one trait we've now made them along the lines as our other MYOs! Here's the new breakdown for the system:

10 HMs for Unlimited Standard MYO
    15 HMs for Unlimited Common and Under MYO
    20 HMs for Unlimited Uncommon and Under MYO
    35 HMs for One Rare and Unlimited Under MYO
    50 HMs for Unlimited Rare and Under MYO

If you have any questions feel free to message me. This change goes into effect immediately so you can start making your HM customs now <3
Karmel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➥ staff changes

Postby Karmel » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:09 am

Now that all Nursery Guest Artist trials have completed and votes have been cast,
we would like to officially welcome the following members to our Staff team:

Congratulations Kyar, saturnus, watchdog., and Obliivous !

We are excited to see what you bring to the table over the course of your time here with us.
Thank you to all who participated in the Nursery GA trials. <3
Karmel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➥ rules

Postby Karmel » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:53 am

Major Update to Kalon Limit!

Another big change is hitting the species with an update to the previous limit of being able to own 50 Kalons maximum. This species has grown exponentially, and sometimes limits no longer make sense in terms of the long run as we seek to continue to grow throughout the years. We don't wish to damper creativity for new characters or the ability to breed for families with your current ones. So with this in mind the Kalon limit is now officially changing to an Adoption Cooldown. The new rule is as follows:

Users may own an unlimited number of Kalons, but you may only win up to 3 main adopts in one month including any awarded Runner Ups. The following do not count toward this cooldown: Customs, Nursery Batches, Readoptions, and special adopts (events, 50s, 00s).

This means that there is no more numerical limit placed on the amount of Kalons one user may own at any time. Main Adopts are defined as the numbered ones found on our main page (ex. Kalon #1358). Runner Up designs, if awarded, will count toward the 3 adoption per month limit. Any design coming out of the nursery, made as customs, or run as readoptions will not be a part of the cooldown. Additionally, events and our special Rare and Legendary adopts (ex. Kalon #1350, Kalon #1300) are also exempt from the cooldown.

Winning is based off the month they're released on and not the end date. For example, a Kalon is released on March but the contest deadline is April. This will count toward March.

This change goes into effect immediately. Competitions set in place before this rule won't count toward the cooldown if won. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me! <3
Karmel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➥ misc/traits

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:31 pm

We're rolling out a few changes all in one so make sure to read this whole post carefully, so you don't miss anything!

To begin, we're reintroducing Legendary MYOs to the DeviantArt shop. This is not a time-based promotion like the last time, but rather a limited stock each month able to be purchased. We feel like giving those who wish it an opportunity year-round to achieve their dreams is better than leaving them hoping until the end of the year for another holiday push. They're the same prices they were during the December—February time frame and will only have 5 MYOs available each month. Restock will happen on the 1st of a new month and the shop will be update accordingly. The amount of MYOs available is subject to change in accordance with what we believe to be a steady flow in relation to rarities.

Additionally, we're also introducing a Legendary Edit Item into the Edit Shop on DeviantArt! This item will allow you to change or add any Legendary trait to a Kalon you own, similar to the lower rarity edit items. There is no limited stock on this item. It is priced in relation to the Single Trait Autopass item due to our desire to keep Legendary traits above the rare standard. The autopass item is usually used on Legendary breedings and offers 100% for one kit and the possibility of 4 in total, guaranteeing a Legendary trait at the least. We think the ability to add any Legendary trait to your personal preference to be of equal value.

Another point of interest is we're taking the previously retired Legendary Gems trait out from the retired section and reissuing it into our trait pool! This particular trait was retired under a previous owner along with Feathers, a trait that was brought back a while ago. We see it only fitting to bring Gems back as well.

Finally, perhaps the biggest news, we've decided to remove the trait of "Magical Abilities" from our trait list entirely. Any non-physical ability (such as the manipulation of elements/transportation/etc.) will now be classified as character aspects rather than official Kalon Traits. Note that there is a different between magical abilities and elemental aspects, another one of our Legendary Traits. An Elemental Aspect is when elements take on a physical attribute of a trait, for example Plant Growth or a true Fire Halo. If the ability manifests as a physical form and alters the Kalon's appearance it is still classified as a Legendary trait under Elemental Aspects.

To help those affected by this change, such as people who purchased MYOs/Items or received such Legendary Kalons in breedings, we're offering a system where you have the ability to put a new Legendary trait on your Kalon via this Voucher Station. Please go there immediately to read and review how to use it so that you can receive a new trait.
Last edited by ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ on Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➥ staff

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Wed May 02, 2018 1:05 pm

Moderator Applications Are Open!

We're looking for new individuals to help us with the moderation of this species as we continue to grow. This is an open application so anyone can try for it! After the forms are processed, chosen users will then go through a trial period of two weeks to see how you work within the environment and with staff. At the end of the trial, staff will vote on your integration as a full-time Moderator depending on your performance.

Please read and fill out the following form carefully to apply:
Moderator Application Form

Any questions about the form itself, the process, or anything else can be directed at either myself or Wicced!Witch. We wish everyone the best of luck and look forward to bringing on new members of our team. Currently, there is no end date for the applications. We will announce when we're ready to close for all final applications to be submitted!
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➥ rules

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Thu May 31, 2018 11:06 pm

Hey guys I'm here to clear up a few vague areas on co-owning Kalons as well as to announce a new change.

For the purpose of Kalons the term "co-owning" is used when two users are developing the same Kalon together. This does not actually entail a transfer of ownership in any way and is not recognized by Kalon staff as anything other than shared developing. What this means is that for all official intents and purposes regarding a specific Kalon only the official owner listed in the archive has final say. Unless explicit permission is shown the archived owner is the only one who may give consent for breeding, trading, gifting, or adding edits of any kind. If the archived owner is banned or has their Kalons revoked for any reason the Kalons will default into Kalon staff's possession unless otherwise discussed or specified on a case by case basis.

Furthermore, as of this post Kalons will not allow co-owning anymore. Kalons/co-ownerships that are already "official" or verified by a post on the archive will remain as such and be held to the specifications seen above but no new agreements may be made. If you have any questions/concerns/comments please feel free to message me.
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➥ misc

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:06 am

Hey guys !!
So I'm here with a fairly important announcement, please be sure to read over everything in this post as it will explain in detail what is going on and what you can expect in the coming weeks c:

Kalons will be going on a month long semi-hiatus. From June 15th to July 15th activity in main adopts and the nursery will be slowed. As this is a semi-hiatus that means some artists will still be taking on new design work, however it will not be at the current velocity that you are used to. Approvals will continue as normal. We will be using this time to focus on internal aspects of Kalons as well as fleshing out and implementing several systems that we have been discussing for awhile. Unfortunately if everyone was being pulled between general personal life things as well as all other mandated staff duties it would make it incredibly difficult to correctly and sufficiently implement these things that we wish to bring to you guys. We have decided that this semi-hiatus is the best course of action to insure we handle everything we need to so that we can bring this new content but still have a chance to make sure we do it right!

I'm sure you're all quite curious just what it is we will be working on during this month and the answer is quite a few major things! Below you can find a list of the things we hope to accomplish while we are focusing on internal works:
    *FAQ
    *Newbie guide
    *Better growth system
    *Traits guide
    *Approval search thread
    *Line adjustments/cleaning
    *Training/acclimating new mods
    *General species item/MYO bank
    *st.ash archive for all off-oekaki references
    *Nursery Archive

Please be advised that this list is not a complete list of all the things we will be working on as there are a few staff policies as well as some surprises that we have in store for you all once we return! That being said this is a very ambitious to-do list and while we will certainly strive to complete everything we can not guarantee it, however if something is not done by hiatus end it will still be worked on after wards. If you have any questions [or even suggestions] about this hiatus please feel free to message me and I will answer you as soon as I am able c:
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me