Kalon Announcement Thread [DNP UNLESS STAFF]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

➥ misc

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:23 pm

Firstly, this is a last call for all those wanting to apply for a moderator position for the species !! Mod apps will officially close on October 16th at midnight EST, along with the CS shop. After that staff will look through all applications and make our selections for trial mods. If you have any questions or concerns about the mod app please be sure to ask a staff member, post here, or send in an ask to the Tumblr.

Secondly, the CS Shop is back up and running for a limited time !! As mentioned at the beginning of the month we are opening the CS shop once again to allow members who can not purchase from the DA shop a chance at getting some items and MYOs they may have been seeking. Please be sure to read over the ENTIRE thread as there is a LOT of information to digest and consider and we don't want anyone to miss out due to a simple mistake.

As always thank you guys so so much for being a part of this community and we are so happy to have you all! Your continued support and interest in Kalons is something I admire every day and I'm thrilled to be a part of this all with you guys. I wish you all the best in purchasing some things from the shop and hope to see you around the community :D
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➥ misc

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:59 pm

new breeding/growth cooldowns
As of Janurary 1st Kalons will be implementing a new cooldown on both breedings and growths. Currently both are set at 3 weeks, come Janurary 1st this will be upped to a full month. This new cooldown will be counted by the day so if you get a breeding on March 3rd you can not breed again until April 3rd. For these purposes if a month has 31 days the 30th and 31st will be counted as the same day. [ie you get a breeding on October 31st you can breed again on November 30th]. January 29th-31st will be counted at the 28th for Feburary's cooldown.
All cooldowns by Kalon standards will always go by CS rollover, regardless of what time zone you are in. This is to keep things organized and easy to keep track of.

item involvement in breedings
Going forward from this post if you are involved in a breeding in any way [including if you just supply an item and do not have a Kalon in the breeding] you will be subject to breeding cooldown. Previously we had went by the rule that if you used an item in a breeding and there was a discrepency Kalon staff would not step in, this new rule is to keep everyone protected in the breeding. If you are supplying an item for a breeding this means you are guranteed a kit from the litter [unless you state otherwise], please be sure to discuss with your partner[s] before hand about kit selection to minimize disputes.

pm/dm readopts/raffles
Latey we have been seeing this a lot more so this is just a reminder. Kalons do not allow private readoptions anymore. All competitions must be hosted publically with all forms submitted where everyone can see them. If you have any questions about this please let us know. This is to help keep all judging requirements fair and CS compliant.

kalon bank accuracy
If you have any items in the Kalon bank or purchase/trade/get gifted/use items and recieve confirmation from a staff member that it has been reflected in the bank please be sure to look it over yourself. While we try our hardest in the end it is your responsability to contact a staff member about missing or extra items in your bank. There are only roughly 30 of us trying to keep up with almost 700 bank entries. If you are caught trying to use items you no longer own and it can be proven by staff you risk getting a strike. Please be sure to periodically check your bank for accurancy and let a staff member know if something seems off.

off-oekaki links
This is just another reminder! Lately we've had a good bit of issue with off-oekaki Kalon references disappearing or getting deleted, this causes a lot of trouble both for community members and staff. Please be aware that we only allow imgur and discord links for all off-oekaki references at this time.

breeding off oekaki kalons
From this post on if you are breeding a Kalon that has an off-oekaki reference please be advised that we will require you to link both the reference and the post on the off-oekaki thread in order for your ticket to be deemed valid.

new staff
Last but not least we have a new staff member and a couple old staff members returning !!
Please give a warm [re]welcome to Illu [nursery], cosmosfox [main adopts], saturnus [nursery] :D
That being said we are still going through votes for the last round of guest artists and mod apps are still being looked over so keep an eye out for more staff announcements <3
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon Announcement Thread [DNP UNLESS STAFF]

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:42 pm

---

The Kalon main lines are back up!

Some tweaks and updates have been made, including making the lines more solid, smoothing some parts out, removing stray pixels, and correcting some minor anatomy issues. The layers have been reorganized as well and put into folders, and we've removed the some unnecessary layers.

Please note that we are not allowing transfers from v2 lines to this updated version, as there are no major changes made. We have made new Customs, Growths/Transfers, and Artist Search threads! We will not be locking the old threads, as we know people have WIPs not posted, but by January 2020, we are hoping to have everyone transition into using these updated lines!

If you would like a PSD of the cleaned up lines, you can find it for download here, as well as pinned in the announcement channel of our Community discord server, and linked on the main post of this thread, and the Customs and Growths/Transfers threads!

---
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyar » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:53 am

Thank you all for your input on our community poll!
After reviewing the poll results and consulting with staff, we have come to a decision.

Starting Feb 1st, 2020, all hair edits will now fall under the standard rarity trait. Hair edits of any length are now considered the same trait.
In addition, any facial hair (beards, mustaches) will now also fall under the hair edit.

Prior to this announcement, facial hair had been considered a fur edit. This is no longer the case.
If a hair edit is used to alter facial hair, or an edit remover is used to restore the default kalon hairstyle, the design underneath the facial hair should reflect the fur surrounding the area.

Finally, any hair edit items in the bank will be adjusted to reflect the current rarity of the trait. This means that common and standard hair edit items will simply be “hair edit” items going forward, and will fall under the standard rarity category.

Please feel free to reach out to staff with any questions you may have about these changes, or send an anonymous message to our tumblr blog!
Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Legendary Traits

Postby Kyar » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:54 am

Hi everyone! We’ve made a few updates and clarifications on certain legendary traits.

First, any kalons that have wings made of robotic/cybernetic parts are no longer blanketed under the singular “wings” trait. Like elemental aspects used in the same way, kalons with cybernetic wings will now have both the legendary wings trait as well as a separate legendary trait: cybernetics. All owners of kalons who currently carry this trait should have been contacted, but in case we missed anyone, these kalons will be grandfathered in and asked to list the traits separately going forward.

Additionally, we would like to clarify our guidelines for the following legendary traits: transparency, elemental aspects, cybernetics, and goop body parts. These traits cannot cover more than 75% of the kalon - meaning that at least 25% of the kalon must be normal biological material. A kalon cannot be entirely transparent, entirely made of goop, etc. If you are planning to use these traits and have concerns about whether or not your idea will be approved, you may always run a sketch past staff so that we can help determine ahead of time whether or not your design will be passable.

If you have questions about this update, please feel free to contact Kyar, Rabbit, Ground Zero, or hanguang-jun.
Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➥ breeding

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:02 pm

There's been an update to the nursery form !! We now require you to state/link where you obtained a Kalon on the nursery ticket <3 Please be sure to update all saved tickets as this will be effective immediately <3
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aey » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:58 am

The bank is getting a bit of a facelift soon, so to prepare for that your banked items will change.
All Named Items will be converted into the flat rarity of the item over the next several days.
(ex: x1 Jade Comb [Hair Edit] >> x1 Standard Edit)

You will be able to use them as they're converted. If it's still listed as a Hair Edit, treat it as such. If it's been converted to a Standard Edit already, you may use it for hair, teeth, claws, shine, like a regular Standad Edit.

Please DM me directly if you have questions!
x
x

x
x
genderfluid / any pronouns
CLOSED for approvals
Imagemy kalons credits
ImageImageImage
Aey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➥ traits

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:46 am

Hey guys I'm dropping in with two big trait changes.

Wings -
This change applies mostly to wing references and not necessarily to the trait it self. From now on please be sure to include a small reference for the appearance of wings from both the topside and underside [transparent wings do not need this]. If the wings cover the design of the body at all they need to be drawn on a separate layer from the rest of the design so that if the need arises we are able to see the design under the wing. All future nursery batches will also follow this rule. Staff is currently working on adding a set of 'default' wing references to the kit lines to be used to show the designs of the wings. These wing references will not necessarily reflect the shape of the actual wing perfectly as artists will not be expected to customize this reference on top of all the other work that goes into a batch. All growths will be required to match the style of the wing that is on the kit and not the design reference wings. When growing kits that have a wing reference and the design under the wings drawn you will be permitted to choose if the growth will have the wings folded or extended. Once a growth is approved you can not change the position of the wings.

For current kits that have not been grown we will not be allowing users to add wing references and those kits will abide by previous wing guidelines for growths.

Halos -
Multiple halos are being removed as a legendary trait. As of this announcement all halos, no matter the quantity, will be considered rare [barring the use of another trait like color changing or elemental aspects]. With this change we are also relaxing the restrictions around halos just a bit. Halos will now be allowed to reside on multiple planes, can be disconnected, and can be in 3D shapes so long as they are not detailed, for example you could have a cube as a halo or the outline of a set of wings but nothing more than that. While it still will not be shown on the reference halos are capable of being moved/floating around the Kalon in artwork so long as the halo itself is not changed. While these changes have been made to make the trait more accessible it is still up for staff discretion on if something is too much for the trait, whether that be in size or number of halos. If your unsure able an idea feel free to send it to a staff member c:

As with the last time a trait was removed from the legendary any user that owns a Kalon with multiple halos at this time will be allowed to submit a form for a voucher to add a new legendary trait to their Kalon. This voucher will be Kalon and trait specific, meaning once you apply for a new trait and it is approved that is set in stone and will only be allowed to be used on the Kalon that has multiple halos.

Please go to this thread to request your voucher.
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:52 am

Hear ye hear ye and welcome to 2021 :D
Last year brought so many twists and turns so here’s to this year being a little more sane. This year Kalons are starting off with a bang with some major changes to a couple things and several exciting happenings <3 Please be sure to read this post in its entirety as there is a lot of important information here c:

Moderator Application Open
It’s been a bit over a year since we last opened apps and it’s always a good idea to keep new people coming to staff. As the community grows and changes more and more help can always be sought after. If you are interested in becoming a moderator for the species please fill out the following form.
application
Mod apps will be open for roughly two months and will be closed on March 1st. We hope everyone will take advantage of this long application period to ensure they complete the form to their best ability. <3

Discord Registration
This has already been implemented in the community discord but we’ve made some changes to ensure that we can verify all members and keep track of everyone c: Starting on the 14th the majority of channels in the server will be hidden until one completes the registration process. All you have to do is fill out a simple form with your information on CS and you will be given a role that allows you access to the rest of the Discord c: Once you have been assigned the member role you will no longer see the registration channel.

Trade/Sale Clarification
It has recently come up with people attempting to sell or trade Kalon MYO slots on platforms that staff can not keep an eye on or verify identities for. Because of this we are clarifying that all Kalon trades or sales must happen on CS or a platform in which we as staff can contact either party to verify they are who they say they are. Platforms such as Facebook and Ebay are unacceptable to host Kalon transactions on.

Scar/Revamp Guidelines
After discussion recently we have come to the decision to relax some of the rules of scars and revamps as follows:
  • Revamps will no longer be required to keep the original edit list. As of this announcement revamps can be a complete and total overhaul of a Kalon. Of course you will still need to stay within the original trait allowance of the MYO, if you had only a single rare MYO than you may only use one rare trait. All other requirements such being an MYO, never been bred, never have been traded or gifted are still in place.
  • Scars are being shifted to resemble something like accessories or expression changes. You do not have to obtain permission to add them to a Kalon but you must still have a reference without the scar handy for breedings and trading/gifting. Please be advised that staff will still be monitoring these applications as scars should not make major changes to a design nor should they mimic traits. If a scar is deemed to be too drastic staff may request that you alter it.

Trait Updates
  • Body shine is being removed from the legendary trait list and moved to rare! If you have a Kalon with body shine please head on over to the new voucher station for more information on what to do from here regarding the trait. Previously vouchers had followed strict guidelines with replacement traits and other restrictions but this time around you will be able to voucher out for a general legendary edit that can be used on any Kalon/gifted/traded.
  • Eye edits: At this point in time all edits affecting the inner eye [scalera/pupil/iris] shape will be listed as a singular "uncommon eye edit". This change is being made to condense the edit list and make things less confusing as traits are listed. This does not include the rare traits "shaped eye" or "double iris".

Guest Artist Updates and Announcements
  • This year we are making some changes to the way we run guest artist terms! We are switching to doing a set rotation of two months. For example our current GAs will run through January and February, during March and April is when we will actively be looking at new entries to make our selection for the May/June term. With this change GAs will be given the opportunity to design for Kalons for two full months without a cap on how many designs/nursery batches they can take on.

• Let's give a warm welcome to the first round of artists that will be participating under the new system! All three of these lovely artists will be taking a spin through the nursery :D
    carpe.
    DragonOfEmber
    MelonBreeze
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:14 pm

Hey guys I'm here to announce two new items available to the community !!

Extra Breeding Slot:
This item allows a Kalon that has already used three breeding slots to have one final breeding! This means with this item a Kalon can have up to four batches.

• Can only be used with a Kalon once
    • Is not applied to a Kalon, but its ticket
    • Only applies to one Kalon in a breeding, you'll need one item for each Kalon on their 4th batch
    • Will be available in the DA shop at $40/4000 points and may be seen in events or the CShop

Existing Legendary Trait Editor:
With this item you will be able to edit a legendary trait that a Kalon already has! You can change the expression of the trait in any way you like, however you can not add a new legendary trait with this item.

• Only edits one trait at a time
    • Can change the expression of an edit but not the type of edit [example: bat to fae wings but not wings to mer]
    • Can change one form at a time on form change Kal, all forms must keep their trait list when redesigning
    • With this item all legendary traits may no longer be edited by lesser rarity items [example: mer tails can not be edited with a common tail edit]
    • Will be available in the DA shop at $50/5000 points and may be seen in events

If you have any questions about these items please feel free to ask any staff member c:
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me