A cozy log cabin... [Game #12 Closed!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: A cozy log cabin... [Game #12 Open!]

Postby Missing✖ » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:36 am

Big boy, big dreams.
Username:[/b ]Missing✖
[b]Link to sign-up post:
here!
Prompt response: Image

xxxxxx━━━━━┓

MissingX /She-her/
Asexual/Unknown/

Dragon cave

┗━━━━━xxxxxx
ImageImage
Missing✖

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 76heart » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:55 am

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
76heartsign up - arianneoctopus459 words
Big Boy, Big Dreams
Oh, well, that was a harder question, or rather situation to answer. Connecting with others had never been something she was good at, or something that came easily to her that she often did, but Carter had certainly grown on her in the few days she had known him, and running into him had become a habit she looked forward to and admittedly enjoyed. It pained her to see him so down about this, torn between his heart and dreams, and the life he had built here, a life he couldn't just up and leave. She understood that better than she even realized she did; it was part of why she could never try leaving the circus. She had no place to go if she left, no world or home to return to, no place to feel safe.

Letting out a soft sigh, she raised a tentative paw to place it comfortingly upon his shoulder, hoping that at least would help ease his troubles while she gathered the words to think. His dream was to be a cartographer, to go out and see the world, but he felt stuck here, unsure what to do. "Maybe.." She began, before pausing and taking another moment to think on whether the advice she had would even help. She didn't have any other ideas, and she so wanted to help, so there was- hopefully- no harm in offering it. "Maybe you could find someone to be your apprentice?" Arianne shifted, her paw sliding off from his shoulder. "You could find someone to work with you, and lessen your work load so you can travel when you aren't needed around as much? Make Kalokairi your home base and come back here between them or when you can?" The suggestion was nervous, but hopeful, and she hoped that it would do some good.

"There's a way you can have both your home here, and your dream, I'm sure of it. You just have to find a way to balance the two and a way that works best for you to have them both." Arianne hoped that would be assuring. "You could choose just one, but you're clearly unhappy with that right now, so I don't think thats an option. You need a way to have both, to travel and stay here so you don't have to leave everyone behind." It may take a lot of thinking, and a lot of sleepless nights planning, but she knew he would figure out something eventually. He was a smart, clever Kalon, with some wicked good riddles; there was no way he couldn't figure out the perfect solution for him. It was just like his riddles, but a riddle to his life only he would know how to solve.

76heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xx. » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:11 am

un - ★ star child ★ | su - x | kal - antheia

Big boy, big dreams.

Change is scary, Antheia agrees in her head, as she listens to Carter talk. She remembers having the same doubts when she left her home, the large city where everything had been happening at once and there was never a dull moment, where her family and friends and her enemies all lived close by. It'd taken a long time to come to terms with the losses that came with her new life and home in a quiet village, population fifty-two, but she had eventually and now looking back at her life she's glad she left the city when she did.
"I had those doubt too," she says eventually, reaching out to pat his shoulder. "I loved my little apartment when I was there, all the people around me, the daily routine, knowing what I was doing. And then one day I just got sick of it and spent all my savings on a plane ticket and moved halfway across the world without a second thought. No job, no home, no friends there. I just went. It went terribly, as you can imagine."
She gives a smile to show him she's mostly joking, and that things are good now.
"I can still contact my family. My best friend writes letters to her friends back where she's from, is on the phone to them constantly, emails. It's not like leaving means you have to start over completely as I did. You'll still be friends with them all if you go - just think of moving and travelling away as a really fun holiday, a little like this cruise for us. We all met people like you, made friends, but at the end of the day, most of us do have people to go home to. So will you. Travel and meet people. Work somewhere new, at something new, live in a busy place. And in the end, if you really don't enjoy it- well, you can always come back. They're not going to exile you from the island with fire for leaving."
She grins then, nudging him again.
"At least they shouldn't. Then again, I guess I don't really know islander customs. Who knows?"
[361/200]
xx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:26 am

Big boy, big dreams.
    Username: SilentMelody
    Link to sign-up post: here

Azrail ponders Carter's situation, and he isn't sure how to help. Despite the cruise, the angel only ever travels through teleporting and doesn't have to worry about money.

It then popped into his head that the kalon could possibly come along on his next travel -- if he wanted to, of course. That also included Azrail going back to his job though... he would have to explain. "Well, I travel a lot for my job. It's easy for me to go from place to place, so if you want to go somewhere just tell me where. I can put you somewhere for a short time, that way you can figure out if you want to go," he murmurs gently with a smile.

Carter's eyes widen, and he matches the smile with his own. "Really?! That would be awesome!" he exclaims. "I've always wanted to go to Italy. I could stay in some cities and then travel to the countryside."

"I can arrange that for you," Azrail chuckles. With a flap of his invisible wings, the two of them appear in Italy by the river with the gondolas. Carter gasps and glances around, amazed that he appeared in this area so quickly. They walk over a bridge and peer down at the water in between the city.

"Oh my gosh, thank you so much!" Carter gushes.

Azrail laughs again and says, "It's not a problem at all. I have to go back to my own vacation now, but if you want to reach me just... pray." He never told Carter he's an angel, so the statement seems odd.

Carter furrows his eyebrows at first, then shrugs and beams again.
mel | adult | she/her | bi

toyhouse - silentmelody
admin/staff for dcay on cs

RBT in ABA therapy for autism
B.S. in psychological sciences

low activity, but i still check my pms!
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby recherché. » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:44 am

Big boy, big dreams.
Username: recherché.
Link to sign-up post: here!
Prompt response:
x

leah - college student - adult
ven nilla bats racc star
"like the ocean finds the shore,

xxxxxi'll always find you"
recherché.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LivingLethal » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:53 am

Big boy, big dreams.
    Username: LivingLethal
    Link to sign-up post: Mushy boy…
    Prompt response:

“Carter… I didn’t know that you felt that way.”

Such a concern struck a chord with Mushi. It was something that took him back, he supposed…

Mushi sighed contemplatively. “It’s better to try something and regret it than to not and regret not doing so. If you’d like to go out to see the world, the sooner, the better. And if you don’t like it, you can always come back…”

“What about my friends, t’people around me? I can’t leave them, y’know?” Carter let out another mournful sigh, like he was trying his best to let his dream rest.

Mushi, however, couldn’t let Carter’s hopes sizzle out so hopelessly. “You’re clearly passionate about your dream,” he declared. It was with conviction that he continued, “There’s a whole world out there… and your friends will understand if you leave to chase it. Carter, don’t live your life with regrets. If you see a chance to pursue your passion, you can’t let it escape your grasp. You can organize people to help you around here while you’re gone–if there’s a will, there’s a way, Carter. I promise you that, from my own experiences.”

When Carter nodded in acknowledgement, he did so with a renewed sense of cheer. Perhaps his speech ignited some sense of hope within him; he sure hoped it did, as he once needed the same words spoken to him. It was those words, not too many years prior, that must’ve led him down this path, to speaking with Carter.

“I hope you can find the best way to live out your passion… being a cartographer suits you, Carter. Kalokairi will always remain on the map for you to visit. So, if your dream is to travel beyond this little island, know it’ll always be there waiting for you. Patiently, that is.”

The most miniscule sniffle escaped Carter, so Mushi gave him a hug. “You pushed me out of my comfort zone more than anyone before, and that’s saying something.” Mushi made one last declaration, for his newfound friend trying to find his way in the world: “May my speech help you get out of yours.”

[approx. 350 words]
LivingLethal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lovestruck » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:03 am

Big boy, big dreams.
    Username: lovestruck
    Link to sign-up post: !
    Prompt response:
    As Aderyn listened to Carter speak, she could see a part of herself in him. She’d left her loved ones- for different reasons, of course- and traveled the world. It was in a different way, as she was fleeing- but she understood him completely. She was nervous about giving him advice, however- what if he uprooted and when he came back it wasn’t the same? Or she told him to stay, and he never got to see the outside world? With a nervous swallow, she gave him a weary smile, “Carter- I- well.. I’ve been all over the place. I er,” she stopped herself- she couldn’t tell him she was fleeing from her own family. “Well, it’s beautiful, Carter- every place has its own thing that makes it unique. If you think this island is beautiful- gosh you haven’t even begun to see the world. I’ve been nearly everywhere, and I assure you, if you don’t follow your heart- you’re going to miss out on a lot. I think- I think deep down you know you can’t just stay here forever.” She paused, taking a breath and gathering her thoughts, “And- about your friends, family- I know they’ll be happy for you. They’ll be sad to see you go, thank much I know-but if they truly care about you then they’ll be happy to see you doing what makes you happiest. I er- I’ve had to leave loved ones behind but- it wasn’t like this. Trust me- you won’t regret it. If being a cartographer is your calling, then I think you need to get out there- do it. You’ll make a wonderful cartographer, Carter. I can see it now. And- and if you don’t like it, well I’m pretty sure Kalokairi isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.”
    Carter just stood there blinking for a moment, contemplating Aderyn’s words- well, really it could be called a speech- before nodding. “You’re- well, I hate to admit it but you’re right. I keep telling myself to wait for the right time, that I just need to finish one more thing- but there’s no time like now. Thank you, Aderyn. You’ve helped me more than you could ever know.”
lovestruck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnightkitkat » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:06 am

Big boy, big dreams.
Username: Midnightkitkat
Link to sign-up post: X
Prompt response:
Midnightkitkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fuiuki » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:12 am

Big boy, big dreams.
Username: fuiuki
Link to sign-up post: Myom
Prompt response:

Carter wanted freedom. Allison's heart swelled, as this was exactly what she and her brother were passionate about. Freedom is EXACTLY what punk rock is ALL about to them, and she'd be darned if she let someone who wanted freedom be kept chained to something! Not on her watch!

Puffing her chest out, she smacked Carter on the shoulder, startling him a bit, while loudly exclaiming "FORGET all your responsibilities! Carter, if you don't wanna be stuck here, then get out there! Just because there's a lot to do doesn't mean it has to be YOU who does everything, what you want to do matters a lot too!"

Carter did not seemed convinced. "I'm afraid I can't just... up and leave everyone here on the island. I can't leave my responsibilities just like that, the island inhabitants are like family to me. I could never do that to them all! They need me here..." he responded, still sad and dejected.

"I mean I get you feel like that pal, but..." Allison started. How was she going to explain this? "...if you stay here and feel sad, that's gonna affect all your friends too, you know. I'm sure they want you to fulfill your dreams too, they care about you just as much as you care about them" she continued, "and I did mean it when I say... it doesn't have to be YOU who takes care of everything you do right now. You're not the only one on this island."

Something seemed to click in Carter's head, and he finally started looking a bit more hopeful. "Wait... you mean I should ask the others here on the island to do my job? Doesn't that seem a bit... selfish?"

"What's selfish is keeping you here on the island when you clearly don't want to be here." she responded. "No man, go out and explore! Travel a bit, see the world, do what your heart tells you to! It's not like you have to be away from here forever either, you can come back after a while if you miss your home!"

With a small smile, and a bit more light in his eyes, Carter looked at her. "Maybe... just maybe, that could work. Thank you for your advice Allison, I really appreciate it."

Job well done, she thought to herself with a satisfied smile.
Hello! I'm a tired person with a love for
all things creative, animals, pixel art
and aquariums.

(Ask me about making you art!)
fuiuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fangsnfluff » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:27 am

Big boy, big dreams.
Username: fangsnfluff
Link to sign-up post: Here!
Prompt response: (226/200)
Cherry looked at Carter who had simply begun to stare into the distance. He took a deep breath, seemingly snapping Carter back to reality. “Why don’t you go?”
“Well...” Carter trailed off, sighing.
“I know you said you have a whole life here,” Cherry added. “And that’s great. But, your whole life should not be here. You need to travel, see the world. I believe everyone should, of course, but especially those who actually want to.”
Carter nodded, shrugging his shoulders. “That sounds great, but I just don’t think I could abandon everything I’ve ever known.”
Cherry Blossom thought for a moment, taking a seat. “So, don’t. Don’t abandon anything.”
“But, you just told me to leave?”
“Yes, I did. And I still thing you should. But you should also come back. Going away doesn’t have to mean staying gone. Most of the time, it shouldn’t. This island is a marvelous place, but there is far more world out there than you will find here. We aren’t getting any younger, any of us. If there is something you think it worth your time, go after it. Find something incredible out there, and map it for all the world to see. And if you find that life off the island isn’t everything you dreamed, I’m sure it will be right here waiting for you to come back.”
fangsnfluff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me