A cozy log cabin... [Game #12 Closed!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: A cozy log cabin... [Game #1 Open!]

Postby redskyharbinger » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:58 pm

Tell me about yourself!
Username: night夜
Link to sign-up post: !!
Prompt response:
''Oh... about myself?''
Kanae was rather surprised by Carter's request.
''Ah, well... I usually don't like talking about my past but nothing bad will come out of someone getting to know me better.''
The kalon paused for a minute, smiled nervously, and started telling their story.
''I come from a relatively small kingdom. It wasn't well known, and it's been destroyed now... I think. My father, or rather, my adoptive father was the king. The queen had passed and he wanted somebody by his side because of his fear of being left alone and forgotten. He was an amazing king, and an amazing father. Everybody loved him... though, the attention i got for being his child got kind of annoying at times, since I prefered to stick with my few friends and didn't like all the attention.''
Kanae chuckled quietly, and somehow nervously.
''There's not much to talk about from my past, my school years went by quickly and nothing major happened during that... My 2 friends were always by my side helping me through bad times... until... my father passed of old age. The citizens were devastated. The streets got silent as a graveyard, if not even more silent than that. I had to take his role. I had to become these people's new leader, their new hope. I got this obsidian crown, which apparently used to belong to the queen who had passed...''
They took their crown off of their head for a minute to look at it. The nostalgia hit really hard.
''Pretty, ain't it...?''
Carter agreed, it was really a pretty little crown.
''My friends thought so too... though... one of them was... jealous. He got ruined by his jealousy. He wanted my crown and my status as leader for himself. He tried fighting me multiple times for the title of a king. Though... The last fight... left us indifferent towards each other. I'd love to go back to the times where we had fun together but now he doesn't even want to hear my name.''
The kalon paused, nervously, slightly angry at their past friend... They looked around for a bit and continued.
''I've made some new friends since then, and kept my old one who stuck with me and supported me through the hard times... Nowadays I just visit my new friends and hang out with them. It's either that or I wonder around forests and fields, sometimes taking naps, drawing the beautiful nature I see, or simply reading a book.''
With a somewhat saddish smile, they looked at Carter and paused for a bit once again.
''So... one of my friends, I don't really remember who it was at this point, suggested I'd get a little break from reality and go on a summer trip or somethin' like that... So here I am. Honestly, it's quite nice here... I wish I could stay for a really long time here... anyways.. it was nice talking to you. Sorry if I kinda... rambled too much? I just... tend to do that a lot.. I guess I'll go now. Hopefully we meet again sometime soon. It's nice to have someone that listens to me. Would you mind telling me about yourself next time we meet?''

[547 words! hopefully that's not too much ^^;;]
redskyharbinger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby symmetra » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:06 am

Tell me about yourself!
Username: symmetra
Link to sign-up post: Right Here
Prompt response:

Thank you so much for adding a non-writing option! I did my best!
ImageImage

matt / grown up
i have NOT abandoned this site,
i'll just be slow for a little while longer.
symmetra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArcticWaterDrake » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:15 am

Tell me about yourself!
Username: ArcticWaterDrake
Link to sign-up post: Boop
Prompt response:
Pip knocked on the door of the quaint little log cabin, and waited somewhat anxiously for a reply. Not long after, he heard an enthusiastic voice calling him over from the other side of the yard.

"I'm in the back! Come on over, we can sit and have a nice chat!" Carter yelled from a few yards away. Pip stepped down from the wooden doorway and made his way around the corner of the house.

"Hello again!" he replied with a smile. Carter was splitting stones by the tree stump behind his house, wearing goggles for protection against the flying shards.

Glancing upwards, he smiled and informed Pip, "You might want to grab some goggles of your own! Wouldn't want'cha to get a shard in your eye now would we? There's a few extra pairs sitting on the back porch. Why don'tcha grab one and then we can talk?"

Taking the bubbly kalon's advice, Pip edged over to the back porch, making sure he did not come to close to the tree stump where Carter was working. The porch groaned under his weight, and Pip smiled apologetically.

"Ah, don't worry about it," Carter replied with a smile, 'It's not you, I've been putting off replacing that porch for too long now."

Pip shrugged slightly, and peered over the two sets of goggles remaining on the porch table. Seeing as they both pretty much the same, he grabbed the less beat-up looking pair and slipped them on. Feeling much more comfortable with his new eye protection, Pip sat down next to the sandy-colored kalon, a smile already spreading along his face. Carter's positive aura was so strong it could rub off on even the grumpiest of kalons!

"So, I suppose you've seen my little island now, but what's it like where you're from?" Carter asked as another stone was split down the middle. Purple jewels glittered inside, and Carter smiled at the discovery.

"Now that's a nice one!" He set it aside amongst a few others, which all had sparkling crystal caves inside them.

"Well, there certainly aren't any of those where I come from," Pip began.

"Really? They're somewhat common 'round here, if you know where to look that is," Carter replied with a wink.

"The town I'm from is called Kaldopville, and it's sort of a small town. It's surrounded on all but one side by a dense forest, which might be why it seems so secluded."

"That's mighty interesting!" Carter exclaimed.

Pip smiled and continued, "There's lots of different flora and fauna there, I once met a squirrel that was all white with red eyes! Anyways, the kalons there are generally kind, though they can be a bit prickly in the early morning. There's little shops set up all over the place, and they're always trying to get you to buy one thing or another, whether it's fresh apples, handmade baskets, or even a pet bird!"

Carter laughed at the thought of this, and asked, "So what's sorts of food have y'all got around there? I'm always keen to try new flavors."

"Well garden salad's a pretty common dish, as well as beef stew, but the weirdest thing I ever saw was a whole octopus for sale, just sitting there, still slimy and everything." Pip answered.

"Octopus? I've had that before, it tastes like rubber! Yuck!" Carter chuckled. Suddenly, a jingle erupted from Pip's pocket, and he pulled out a square object, blinking and buzzing at him. His cheeks turned red when he saw it.

"Oh no! I forgot I had ordered anything at that blasted restaurant! They were taking so long I couldn't remember, so I just left!" Pip's face was hot with embarrasment.

"Well, don't fret about it, we can always talk tomorrow," Carter replied, his voice filled with sympathy.

"I'm so sorry!" Pip yelled as he gathered up his things and rushed off to meet the unfortunate waiter in charge of his food. Carter smiled with exasperation as he watched the grey kalon hurry off.

"By the time he gets there, they'll have thrown away his food, doesn't he know that?" Carter said to himself. He felt bad for letting Pip go, but it was too late now. He returned to his work, cracking open the rocks, while Pip ran off in vain to save his fish and chips.

Last edited by ArcticWaterDrake on Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
ArcticWaterDrake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 2246 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:17 am

Tell me about yourself!
Username: Nikolina
Link to sign-up post: here! ♥
Prompt response:

"You really want to know about me, huh?"
Mac shrugs his shoulders, slumping down, he taps the tree stump, lost in thought. The reason I'm here in the first place, is to run away from myself, and the damned city, he thinks, as Carter stops breaking rocks for a second, to give a warm, supporting smile to Mac, as his cheery voice speaks again "Well of 'course! Do say!"
Mac looks up at him, seeing someone so happy, living such a simple life, Mac wanted to change places with him for a second.
Just to see how it feels.

Mac fumbled with some small rocks he found on the ground, as he finally started speaking
"I come from Loneray, a..rather unusual city. But I'll get to that..
It's surrounded by nature; huge mountains, woods that go on for miles, and a river. All kinds of strange critters and animals come out at night, and sometimes people complain, but the majority wants to protect the nature, even in the middle of the city..
People are nice, I think? I never really had a contact with the ordinary townsfolk..
I am stuck with my manager, my parents and..
"
Mac stops for a second, shaking away bad thoughts, Carter quickly looked up at him, but didn't want to interrupt, seeing as Mac was getting ready to speak again-

"Anyways, yeah, there's a word going on that there are aliens here. And I'd call those people crazy if I didn't have a few strange experiences myself. Many people have gone missing over the past few years. Strange symbols appeared, and still do, in the city.. And what I've seen, were lights in the sky, they were right above the tallest mountains, moving in such a way that... wasn't natural..
When the lights disappeared, electricity went out in the entire city. I, and some other people heard strange noises out on the street, some guy said he even met an alien face-to-face, man, he said they shook hands! That's just.. crazy.
I want to leave that place, I really do, but I feel like I can't.. Not yet.. Call it destiny or whatever, I have to stay there, for now..
"

Mac sighs and gently kicks a rock with his foot. Carter looks up to him, a smile, still on his face
"Y'a said- a manager?", Mac takes a big breath at that question-
"Well.. I'm a "celebrity""
He chuckled at the thought of that, it's so stupid and silly, then continued,
"I am a host of a few shows.. They always fail, no one watches them anyways. I hate it.. I have to fake an entire persona, that isn't me.. People make fun of me, because of the persona, and the fact everything I work with, fails.. I really want to travel more.. Rest a little.. But my parents don't want none of it..I thought once I become an adult, I'll be in control of my own life.. But that's not how it works, I guess... Oh well.. At least I managed to go on this cruise..."

Mac clapped his hands, and smiled at Carter, he felt so unusual, talking to someone that isn't famous, someone that's just a normal person. Mac worried if Carter was faking his kindness, but he tried to reason with his own thoughts, saying to himself, he never really talked to anyone like him before, and how it felt so natural.
He was at peace, and trusted him.
"I'm sorry for whining..
I never really talked to anyone about myself before, in an honest way.. So.. thank you.
"

Carter nodded his head, as Mac grew more curious about him,
"So.. What about you?"

[604]

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jaskiest » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:24 am

Tell me about yourself!
Username: Theodosia
Link to sign-up post: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=4123900&p=125968174#p125968174
Prompt response:
“Tell me about yourself.”

Malory’s grip on her rock falters at the all-too-familiar question (albeit in a slightly different form and drawl than she has heard in the past) and the stone falls to the midst ground with a dulled thud, startling the birds perched in nearby trees into a taking off in disgruntled, squawking flight. Left mortified and stuttering in this cacophony of her own making, Malory is at a loss of what to say. It’s not as though this is an unfamiliar question for Malory; with her archaeologist parents constantly travelling during her childhood, Malory doesn’t have enough claws on both fore paws to count the number of times she’s had to stammer some semblance of an answer to this very question, desperately hoping to impress one among a sea of classmates whose faces she’d never quite learn before it would be time for her to leave again. The trouble is, Malory still doesn’t really know where to start. Introducing her travels by her work as a professor makes her sound stuffy and dull, but downplaying her occupation and title would make her fall victim to that same false-modesty she so hated seeing in her talented students. And, depressing though it may seem, Malory travels little outside of her work - she never quite got the hang of committing to friendships for long enough to make them count to anyone but her. To be clear, it’s not as though she is unhappy - rather, the ‘happiness’ she enjoyed never quite translated on her clumsy tongue and she was always left floundering in the flood of her own words, her artless words helpless to instil in her listener any emotion but pity. Nor does she want to dwell on her travels of the last few days - Malory thought she would have given anything for a break from the monotony of blue ocean that was the Kruise, but it turns out that ‘anything’ doesn’t quite extend to major engine failure leaving her shipwrecked on an island with no knowledge of when she’ll be able to get back to her students, or more importantly her research.

Malory began to feel overwhelmed by rising waves of panic that could only be quelled by one thing - the sudden and shameful realisation of her own idiocy. Where to start - why Malory, you fool, start with your ancestry, your identity, your very essence - tell them your name! Triumphant, Malory glances up, mouth parted, ready to finally articulate her response, only to realise that the time window for a response has long since passed and Carter has turned back to his work. Furious shame colours Malory’s cheeks as she resigns herself to working in the kind of awkward silence she was sure only she could create. Malory crouches down to retrieve her rock - and promptly nearly drops it again as she realises, to her amazement, that she has in her clumsiness split the rock perfectly in two.

“Nice job!” Carter calls distractedly over the noise of him chipping away at his own pile. Malory steels herself, determined not to miss her chance again.

“Thanks! By the way, I’m Malory, and I come from all over...” she begins with a smile, and now that she feels a little less alone, this shipwreck doesn’t seem quite such a disaster after all.

[558 words - sorry if it’s a little long!]
Jaskiest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stan. » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:22 am

Tell me about yourself!
Username: IlluminatiConfirmed
Link to sign-up post: Slam dunk
Prompt response:
There's a little glint in Jacques eyes, and he points to the sea trying to not laugh, "I'm from there!"

For a moment he stays quiet, as if hoping Carter have an interesting reaction. Though quickly clear his throat.

"Just kidding! Sorry, bad joke," Jacques then hesitated a second before gesturing vaguely around, "Where I'm from is...It's actually a lot like Kalokairi. Very much so."

"The beach is a bus ride from town, it always smells like saltwater around everywhere," His hand moves upwards, pointing up to the sky, "The sun's always burning bright, I've heard lots of people complain that just a few minutes out at noon gets their skin burnt. Happened to me when I was much younger but guess I got used to it."

His hand then points to the jungle, "I like it better near my home, near my neighborhood looks like that! I keep the flowers nearby healthy, often seeing the hummingbirds stop by. I think they like me?" Jacques chuckles again, sounding mostly nervous, "Raccoons too. There's a river, might be more like a mangrove, heard folks call it both. Though, the latter is usually by tourist."

With sigh he looks up to the sky.

"I swear, it feels like I'm home. It's not not nice but I hoped the kruise would go somewhere else," He seems to focus back on Carter as he shrugs, "I guess there's much more crabs around here though. I've only seen fish and mantas near my home beach. Lots of people fish on the docks, and mantas sometimes get washed up. They just need a lil' push to get back home."

Jacques seems very hesitant to let talk more, his eyes shifting around the place.

[287]
stan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catskitten » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:36 am

Tell me about yourself!
Username:Catskitten
Link to sign-up post:Eli Sign up
Prompt response:
Eli sat next to this Carter kalon on a rock next to the cabin and it was quite uncomfortable. Eli than fully spread out on the rock and got confused looks from Carter. Eli was used to that. Eli did not want a chair no thank you.
"Well..." Eli drawled "I live in the ocean in a house ship-its a ship not a boat-with two other kalons. One studies fish the other studies something else. Suspicious guy names Trystyn and the dude never tells us what he is studying. Dudes at least is polite enough and keeps to himself. Attitude wise no way is he gonna murder me and take my ship so yeah bonus.
The others Emily and shes just some fish obsessed strange one. A marine biologist if ya catch my drift. Sweetheart though and shes very passionate about her work.
Thats good i guess. So they pay me in keeping my ship ran and food for me.
I drive them about to look at fish and to main land if they need it. I came here for a break but real shame about the pretty ship crashing. Thanks for working on that by the way. Look forward to the island games at least sound quite fun."
Eli than stretched and commented
"I like this rock thats a nice boulder.
Im gonna just sleep here thanks."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Sootclan - [Login to Sta.sh]Image - My Adopts
The Collectables - Potion Creatures Lab - Babusagi Image

ImageImageImageAvatar Credit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Catskitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby credit » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:50 am

Tell me about yourself!

Username: credit
Link to sign-up post:sign up
Prompt response:

Mariazell looked down towards the floor of the cabin with his ears lowered and a blush upon his face. It was always a bit hard for him to talk about himself, as he was always a bit shy. “Well you see… I’m originally from Austria which was a rather nice place, but I just wanted to start fresh and make my own name for myself which is why I moved away to Maine. It’s’ a rather nice place, but it doesn’t compare to my little flower shop and the little cottage I share with my amazing mate…”He started to twirl some of his hair at the very mention of his beloved but he shook his head. “Sorry I’m getting off track… specifically back home, I live in a small cottage made of multiple windows and a small sanctuary out back where most of our little bunnies live. The bunnies are more so Fern’s than mine, but I still care for them as if they were my own. I’ve lost track of how many we currently own, but I know I’ve had to rebuild their little house at least twice now to hold them all. Oh! Also in our backyard we have a garden that our little bunny children can run around and play in. I-It’s not the most extravagant place in the world, but it’s my home… and all I could ever want is there.”

[235 words]
credit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raptocidic » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:51 am

Tell me about yourself!
Username: RupturedRaptor
Link to sign-up post: link
Prompt response:
An obnoxiously large smile spread across Calum's face.
"Ah, you want to know where i come from?"
He pointed his paw directly upwards, the smirk on his face somehow growing impossibly larger by the second.

He had been hoping he'd be asked this question ever since he decided to go on the kruse. He adjusted his focus towards Carter, hoping to see a confused expression. They shared a few brief moments of silence before Calum decided to speak again. He didn't seem to think his joke needed any explanation, either that or he was simply taking too much enjoyment in confusing everyone around him.

"Well i haven't been here for too long... this planet i mean. I was born here, in a city, a rather boring city. My early childhood and teenage years were just normal until the age of 12 when my best friend died in a car crash related incident. That was about 10 or so years ago? Probably a few more years than that, i really have lost track of time."

Truth is it has actually been longer than 10 years, at least in perspective of years on that planet. See, the thing is, Calum had been in space for a long time. Technically the car crash incident happened 12 years ago to him (making him about 24), but he had spent the better half of that in deep space. When you translate all that different time going at different speed stuff (due to gravity and all that space travel) you will get a calculation that tells you that Calum has been away from the planet for approximately 35 years, even though he's only aged by 12. Time is a funny thing really.

Calum continued to blabber on.

"Well, I eventually picked my life up after being miserable and blaming my friend's death on myself. I started studying really hard and managed to get onto a space program as a scientist. Eventually I ended up in space, which was a dream come true. I've spent a few years on an entirely different planet far away from here, although admittedly i was stranded there and only recently was able to leave. I eventually decided to return here for a holiday, because whilst the universe it pretty and all, it feels nice to finally be back on a planet with the same gravitational pull as, well this one. I couldn't find a single planet with the exact same gravity (i'll admit i'm being picky and calculating it down to the 24th decimal place, but still... comfort is comfort. and there's nothing more comforting than the gravity of your home planet)."

Calum looked up at Carter. To him his life story was just completely normal. That's probably a side effect of talking mostly only with the other crew for a few years. Being in space was just a normal thing for him.

[482 words]
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

kalon | summer 2019 event | nature hunt 01

Postby apprentice_ » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:15 am

Tell me about yourself! / Username: rainichi / Link to sign-up post:
        What's it like where your Kalon is from?

“Say, what’s it like where you’re from?”

known fact about people on vacation: they usually don’t want to talk about home.
      known fact about this seaweed-lookin’ backpack-for-aesthetic-not-function face-like-
      they-were-trying-not-to-blink loser: they would talk to anyone. about anything. they
      came alone on this trip and somehow hadn’t become best buds with anyone yet. it’s
      like being an absolute crackpot of a person wasn’t a magnetic personality trait.

so ruka, in all their practiced poetry, turned to the man who had asked of their home,
      and answered, “it’s. it. it do exist.”

hm. maybe it was time to trash the online writing blog.

“i mean— it’s a city,” brushing past their stutter and starting simple lest they make
      more mistakes, “out west. big, but not like. not special, really.” ruka watched their
      momentary companion smash rock after rock, and they wondered what for. they
      were grateful he was busy doing so, because they didn’t want to be making eye
      contact while they stumbled.

“it’s special to me, i guess.” they kicked a pebble. “i grew up in a beach town a
      couple hours away from the city. quaint, warm, everyone knew each other. didn’t
      wanna move somewhere so big and loud. but you know, when your brother says he got
      a job in the city, and you need the income, there’s not a lot of room to argue.”

ruka paused, anticipating response, but received none. local strong man really just
      wanted to listen to someone ramble while he worked, they guessed. fair enough.

“but the city’s great— different, but good. yea, no one knows me, and it’s kind of
      exhilarating. there are buildings higher than i’d seen in my life, activity at every hour—”
      they couldn’t think of a third thing. “well, you get it. it’s just a different scene, maybe
      more or less suited to some people. but i like a lot of places. the city, a small town, the
      beach, the mountains.

“oh, that rhymed. ish.” they pulled a marker from their sort of useless backpack and
      penned something on their wrist.

“this island kind of reminds me of my childhood town, actually.” they just about mumbled
      as they wandered a bit off track. “haven’t visited in a few years. guess i have another trip
      to plan when i get home.”

when they looked back up at the man, they startled. he was very much done with his task
      and looking over at ruka. ruka jumped to their feet. “oh. oh, you finished, finished, uh, rock
      smashing? cool, cool. . . i’m going to have to go now, before i start spilling any childhood
      secrets. or whatnot. goodbye.” abrupt.

the man welcomed ruka to stay, but received only jargon, and instead welcomed them
      back anytime.

the kid grinned. “next time, tell me about yourself, or else i might think this whole boat-
      crashing-onto-a-convenient-island thing is a ruse— and you’re here to learn all about us!

“like, you know. aliens. learning our weaknesses.”

a joke. sort of. not a great one, regardless, and they didn’t stick around long enough to make
      out whether or not they got a laugh— they were already booking it mid sentence, because god,
      this really wasn’t one of their functioning days.

[ 531 ]
apprentice_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me