BSA - Lighting the Way (Closed)

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: BSA - Lighting the Way

Postby Zombiehund » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:18 am

Lighting the Way - Section 2

Username ;; Zombiehund
Prompt Step ;; Lantern Materials
Prompt Response ;; I use black cardboard for the structure of the lantern that I will cut the motives out of so that it functions as the lines of the designs. The holes that have now formed I will fill by gluing thin, colored paper behind it that the light inside will easily be able to stine through.
For added sturdyness I will probably re-inforce the corners with wood, and as a light a fake candle as it is sfer than a real one, but still has the charm

╔═════ ═════╗

Hello ^^
Just your friendly
neighborhood un-
dead canine, may
be a little shy with
new people

╚═════ ═════╝

Artwork by HannahBug
Zombiehund

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ►Athena◄ » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:17 am

Lighting the Way - Section 2

Username ;; ►Athena◄ 
Prompt Step ;; Lantern Materials
Prompt Response ;; Decided to go with my first idea. I probably went a bit too in depth for this step...

The frame will be made of a black metal. There will be a metal cutout on each side - a husky and reindeer opposite each other and a pine forest opposite a mountain range. Behind these cutouts will be glass. The side with the forest will have hinges and a small black hook to open and close the lantern. The top of the lantern is glass framed by black metal. It forms a pyramid missing the tip, which is just open to the inside to allow for airflow. On the sides of this top opening (husky and reindeer sides of lantern) will be a black circular hook from which to hang the lantern. I would probably have a real candle inside this lantern.
►Athena◄

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Venatici » Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:50 pm

section two is now closed, section three is posted for yall! : ) two more days, as normal!
|
|

|

|
|
|

|
|

𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝’𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜𝚗’𝚝 𝚒𝚝?
𝚃𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝚊𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕.

𝙸’𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸’𝚖 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞

───────────────────────────────────── ♥ ──────
morgan . he/him pronouns
my love ♥ lgbt+ . blm

gonny b gayrosebark bark
beankilogramgiant rat

──────── ♥ ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby discontinued. » Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:21 am

x
    Lighting the Way - Section 3

Username ;; discontinued.
    Prompt Step ;; Lantern Construction
    Prompt Response ;; I prefer to get things like this done in quick bursts - otherwise I get bored and do things sloppily. Work for an hour, take a break for an hour and do other things, is usually the best way for me!
    1st hour: Building the base lantern (thin metal wire skeleton with paper circumference).
    2nd hour: Painting the solid black background and outlining the antlers, moon and sun shapes.
    3rd hour: Block in the antlers, moon and sun and start detailing.
    4th hour: Finish the detailing using textures sponges and brushes - add some light shading and highlights.
discontinued.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BadgerBuddies » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:05 am

Username ;; BadgerBuddies
Prompt Response ;; this would be really fun to do with friends or alone! I think i would probably have friends with me working on their lanterns as well, and at first i'd be good at remembering to interact with them, but sometimes i do this fun thing where when i'm working really hard on artistic projects, i zone out into my own little world and don't react to what's around me very easily anymore. We discovered this in my high school art class when i would be working so diligently on my projects my one friend would repeatedly say my name to try and get my attention and would get zero response lol! i think my first step in actual construction of the lantern would be to paint the sun logo on the paper so it has time to dry as i assemble the rest of the lantern. I would then bend the metal wire into shape, and then start attaching the paper to it. Then, when it was finished, i would use my candle to test how it looked!
BadgerBuddies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luxio » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:46 am

Username ;; Luxio
Prompt Response ;; Whilst making the lantern, i prefer to be alone, i love my friends to help me out and get supplies organised, but i work faster if left to myself! I do need to take breaks, I'm a perfectionist so if i do it all in one sitting without dragging myself away, i would be there for hours! I like to think I'm organised but I'm really not, i can easily spend way too long on the simple things, so alarms help a lot to help me structure my time!
Oakley 17/06/19 - 26/9/19
Luxio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kennymcnenny » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:46 am

Username ;; kennymcnenny
Prompt Response ;; it would definitely take a lot of patience and I'd honestly have to do it in one sitting, otherwise it would never get done. And there are some skills I'd need to have someone else help me with, otherwise it wouldn't look like a lantern in the slightest. So I'd ask some friends to help out with certain parts, and work on it by myself during others. I'd probably end up working outside and listening to my dogs and a podcast while I worked to have some extra company. It would probably take quite a few hours since I'd be working with both metal and wood, and I only know the basics of both of those so it would be a lot of focusing on doing things right and starting things over a few times. But I'm sure I'd be able get it done in the end!
Kenny!! - He/him or It/its :9c

pfp art by Peachybats!!!
kennymcnenny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:08 am

Username ;; DarkestWerewolf
Prompt Response ;; The hardest part to tackle was the wooden part that will shape the lantern. A woods craftsman would definitely be in need to aid in that. After some final polishing and shine. The next challenging part would be to carve out a design on the parchment paper. Hopefully with a steady hand and a good penknife, it could glide through with ease and accuracy. Making the tassel would be the easiest part - some string and a strip of paper would get the job done. Now all that’s left is to piece everything together.
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Joke's On You » Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:31 am

Username ;; Joke's On You
Prompt Response ;; When working on projects like this, I prefer to do things alone with music playing in the background. So for my paper lantern, I will be doing just that. Now even though it's a paper lantern, I will need to take a few breaks here and there. Cutting out the shape of the trees and deer will prove to be the most difficult task in my eyes, so I would like to take a break after successfully cutting the design into each side of my paper lantern. After that, there is a lot of gluing and taping things down involved, which can be done in on sitting.

Joke's On You

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby certified » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:42 am

Username ;; certified
Prompt Response ;; I'd blast some tunes and piece the frame together using a really thin metal wire and shape that. Of course a break because I can't sit on one thing for too long without my brain no longer functioning. After, I'd place my wick dipped in wax around the center of the frame when wires have overlapped and meet in the middle. I'd then take my red colored tissue paper and use a small amount of hot wax to stick this to the frame and keep it nice and tight. I'd take a yellow shade and put that around the top and dust with gold powder to give it that shiny gold effect. Then finally, let it all dry and set before taking a calligraphy pen and engraving a few Chinese dragons around the lantern.
certified

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me