Tide Pools / Closed

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Tide Pools / Prompt 1

Postby NightFlame22 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:29 am

NightFlame22 | Iska | Team Squid | Prompt #: 2 | 200 words

“My favorite beach animal? Hmm.” Iska tapped a paw to her chin and looked upward as she thought for a moment. A pair of seagulls caught her eye, and then she remembered. “Ah! Here, let me show you.” She pulled out her phone and flipped through her photos for a second. “This one! It’s called a black-browed albatross.” Timothy ooh’d a bit. “Yes, they’re quite lovely, aren’t they? I find them rather stylish. It almost looks as though they’re wearing the perfect winged eyeliner. And the contrast of the black on their beautifully white feathers is just stunning. Their beaks are also just a lovely shade of peach, with a nice blended pink on the tip. Oh, and their feet are a silver color too, rather than the garish orange other aquatic fowl tend to have.” She sighed wistfully. “There’s a beach town not too far from the city I live in, and these birds are fairly common. They don’t migrate, so you can see them all year. Of course, a lot of the time they’re out at sea.” She put her phone away, then glanced out at the ocean. “They’re fairly common, but I’m rather fond of them regardless.”
┌─────────┐

└─────────┘
╔═════════════════════════╗

x
Hiya! The name's NightFlame, but most call me Night or Flame.
I'm just an exciteable person who loves art and dragons!
Feel free to PM me if you need anything at all <3

╚═════════════════════════╝

NightFlame22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tide Pools / Prompt 2

Postby lovage » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:53 am

prompt #: two
    username: fernmoon
    kalon name: sharkbait
    team: octopi
    answer: "there's this crab that is really neat looking. if i remember correctly, it's dungeness crabs, larger crabs. they have such a nice color range from a red to a purplish color. they aren't boring, solid colors with some others in it like yellow to pale red. the darkest color is always so neat on the lighter colors. on it's back, there are spots on it, reminds me of stars especially on the ones with purple coloring. absolutely love that detail!
    thinking about it, i do quite love those crabs. so, yeah. if you ask me, then i would definitely that is my favorite beach creature!"

[105/200]
lovage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fuiuki » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:55 am

prompt #: 2
username: fuiuki
kalon name: Allison
team: Squid
answer:

Looking at the shoreline, and into the water, Allison stared intently at a small seashell. She stared and stared, hoping that it would be what she thought it was- ah! There! A tiny movement rocked the shell, before it rose on tiny legs. It was a hermit crab, of course. Allison carefully picked up the tiny shell and its inhabitant, who promptly hid away once more. It wouldn't be long before it emerged again however, crawling over her hand, exploring the mysterious, giant force keeping it out of the water.

Allison really likes hermit crabs. If it wasn't for their sensitivity to sound and commotion, she'd keep some in an aquarium, but being a rocker doesn't give much opportunity for pets if they aren't highly mobile. A bird might be doable, or even a dog. But no, she was no interested in birds or dogs. She was interested in tiny, reclusive crabs in their tiny, beautiful homes. She could definitely feel a kinship with them. At the slightest commotion, they'd hide away, deep in their safe homes. Allison sure wished she could do that too sometimes, but life is tough and you gotta stay tougher. Still... she admired the little hermits. It was probably not easy carrying your entire home around with you, all your worldly possessions on your back (or was it butt?).

Putting the little thing down, she watched as it scuttled away into the water, eager to find a better place to do whatever it is hermit crabs do, out of reach of grabby hands. She sighed, before staring into the water once more. She didn't exactly have to feel sad for the loss of one hermit crab, back in its natural habitat. If you looked closely... the sand was packed with tiny shells moving about.
Hello! I'm a tired person with a love for
all things creative, animals, pixel art
and aquariums.

(Ask me about making you art!)
fuiuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby redskyharbinger » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:56 am

username: night夜
kalon name: kanae von rosewald
team: octopi
answer: bearded vultures!

''Ah... a favourite animal... let's see...''
Kanae thought for a little while, since they'd never been asked something like this before.
''Perhaps... a bearded vulture.''
Kanae stopped for a little and pulled out an old, torn up photo.
''Here. This is a picture I took a while ago. I find them threateningly beautiful, to be honest with you. I really like them because I've heard they are apparently known as bone-breakers and are the only animals in the animal kingdom that feed on bone marrow, pretty cool, right? Adults usually have white feathers, although they roll in a red powder that dyes them in a rusty reddish sorta color, which scientists still can't explain... which I find pretty interesting too, and it makes them even prettier. I remember that they were common where i lived when I was young. They also remind me of an old friend...''
The kalon paused for a little, looking slightly sad. After a few moments they smiled again and continued.
''I also really like the black feathers around their eyes! They make the bird look like it has a mask.. I think animals with markings like that are really pretty!''
redskyharbinger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby carpe noctem. » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:16 am

username: noctem.
      kalon name: teddi
      team: squid
      answer:
      teddi watched the sun as it hung high above the brilliant blue waters, bathing all beneath it in it's glowing warmth. the young baker was settled on the shore, smiling softly as he watched a small group of tiny sandpipers drifting along the beach, moving swiftly as it seemed to race with the waves. in the distance was a pelican, flying peacefully above the waters.
      "my favourite animal?" he asked, pausing to ponder for a moment, staring out at the sea. "well, there is so many! but if i must choose one, i would say those pelicans." teddi grinned, a soft expression on his face, clearly content. "call me cheesy, but i love watching them glide above the waves... it's so calming."
      { 122 words }
────────────────────
queer,  she/they, canada

carpe noctem.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Karmel » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:39 am

username: Karmel
    kalon name: Elishan
    answer:

Heart still racing from the fright, Eli had to repeat the question in his head before understanding. More creatures? Honestly, just this one was enough excitement for one day. "Let's see," he said while dramatically hunkering down and putting a hand to his chin in thought. "There's a lot of animals and little sea creatures to be found on such a beautiful island. Picking a favorite is a challenge Little T."

Out of the corner of his eye, he spots movement.

Elishan smiles and rises, gently placing a hand around Timothy's shoulders and turning him toward the sea. "But a challenge I accept. You see my favorite would have to be those little piping plovers over there!"

They both step lightly toward the shore and the make their way to open sandy beaches. He gestures toward a little dune and ducks behind it, peeking over the top. The beach seems empty. But, waiting long enough, out from the grass a shorebird races to the waves as they go out to sea. It appears to peck the ground and runs away as another tide rolls in.

"They feast on the little crustaceans under the sand! Aren't they the most fascinating birds?"

[ 200 Words ]
Karmel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Peppermint mist » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:43 am

username: Peppermint Mist
kalon name: Ananta
answer:

Sky puppy A fruit bat!
Peppermint mist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stan. » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:53 am

username: IlluminatiConfirmed
kalon name: Jacques
team: Octopi
answer:
stan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Breado » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:59 am

username: Breado
kalon name: Meliodas
team: Squid!
answer:
"How can ghost crabs be this adorable?!"
Image ~ Image Image Image Image ~ Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mimu » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:01 am

prompt | 01 | 02
      username | Mimu
      kalon name | Calixte
      team | Octopi
      answer |
      Calixte loves animals way too much. Nearly having a zoo in her house. But going out side of her house is the best for her. As her friend is taking care of the pets at home, Calixte can make some new friends on hoilday. It's not gonna harm her, or anything, so let's give it a try.

Sun is just setting, as the warm air is starting to become colder. Waves are hitting the sand and washing it away. Looking around, Calixte could see many others walking, alone or with someone else. It was nice too see. She wasn't paying muct attention to her stepping, as she heard a 'crunch' sound under her feet. Looking down was a smashed eye from her foot. Panic started to fill her body, as she lifted her foot to find nothing in it. As she looked, she saw small movement beside her. A small sea turtle, on it's back. This took Calixte's heart right away. Quickly getting on her knees, as she slowly flipped the poor thing over.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxImage

x
xx
Xx( ㅅ´ ˘ ` ) ── ★ ˙ ̟
Tinky | Artist | Adult
"I gave you all i had..."
xXXx✦ | Kals |
xxxxxArt credit !

Mimu

My pets
My items