2021 VOK/HW Event-- The Scribe's Shrine

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: 2021 VOK/HW Event-- The Scribe's Shrine

Postby minifun990 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:50 pm

Username: minifun990
Pride/group link: Mystic Isles
Day 2 Prompt:
The Maker’s cats are rather used to things appearing when they arent necessarily supposed to. But even then the sudden appearance of a tapestry is surprising and lends far more credibility and trust to this statue like lion. Silently a few of the lions decide to make sure Aysa stays relatively quiet and out of the way. They dont want to offend their host any more than nessasary.
Especially not with the shaking in the distance.
So with a little bit of shuffling the group shove Bern and Yalina to the front to mostly listen while the others bicker. If anyone could use a peace maker it would be this argumentative bunch.
Bern sighs, looking at Yalina. “Do you know of any great warriors? Im afraid Ive been following around V for so long that Ive lost touch with most myths.”

Yalina rolled her eyes. “I think you forget that I am much an oracle as V. Im not from here, I dont know either.”

What were they just thinking about arguments. Bern breathed in deep. Count to ten. Dont smack your pridemates. Just pray to the Maker and hope that V returns soon.

V. Warrior. A large lion that was lost.

“Viktor”

“What?” Yalina asked. Bern didnt pay her any heed. Viktor, the largest lion Bern had ever met, and one who had taken down some attackers with hardly a breath. And yet he had never responded with anger. Not while he walked with them.

“Do you know anything about this peace makers appearance?” He asked the Scribe. He tried to catch a better glimpse of the tapestry. Was that a flash of red? A stripe of white? A bobbed tail? A long lost ancestor of the lion he once met? Or maybe the lion himself, lost in a different time. Bern wasnt sure, and maybe he was on the wrong track but it was closer than the squabbling the rest of his pride were doing. (327/300)
"𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑔𝑒𝓉𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔"

-𝓖𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓓𝓮𝓮𝓻

Cloud Cows

Sig cycles gear deer - Click to go to thread :)
minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raptocidic » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:30 pm

Username: Raptocidic
Pride/group link: Arch Empire
Day 2 Prompt: Ask an Archivist (701/300 words)
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Runnersback » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:03 am

Username:Runnersback
Pride/group link: Realms of L’Oasis Lo
Day 2 Prompt: [317/300]

Perseus had returned back to the shrine and the scribe after a new day. He felt like home being back at the small island and after deciding to swim to it instead of taking the beaten path, he felt refreshed. Percy politely shook out his fur before greeting the moss covered lioness in front of the stone. Hopefully his eyes wouldn’t rearrange letters and carvings for him again nor pay tricks. Percy walked closer to her curiously seeing an woven fabric appear into her paws. He had to pause and look around for a second to see if anyone had saw that before he cleared his throat to say something.

The scribe had silenced him speaking of warriors and peace makers of old. He bit his tongue with an awkward smile on his face he didn’t have the heart to ask her that if it was of old then that warrior had to be resting in the sanctuary by now. Perseus just gave her a pitied smile,“I’ll try my best! I think I’ve seen a few other lions walking to and from here and maybe I can ask Allana and Neptune to get there thoughts.” He said kindly and patted her paw holding the fabric gently with his.

“I’ll be back!!!” He said before sprinting off into a hurry with the questions rotating in his mind. Perseus didn’t know what to make of it but the scribe had been so kind to him so he was destined to help her. Maybe he could speak with Achilles if he was still around but if not he would still be fine.

Perseus ended up tripping over a small rock and crash landed on a hyena,“Oh sorry about that.” He panicked and got off of him. “Hey maybe you could tell me about this so called peacemaker! You look like you know a lot!”

The hyena snarled before walking off.

runners/sharkkbait/swiftie
Image🎶 RTF 🎶 cal-vain ©

𝙸 𝚏𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝,
𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑."

𝐼𝓉’𝓈 𝒶 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒷𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒶𝓁𝓉𝓎 𝓈𝑒𝒶
Runnersback

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DinoSaga » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:14 am

Username: APrehistoricSoul
Pride/group link: The Cats of Avriwyth
Day 1 Prompt:
[ 219 / 200]

The tapestry seemed to appear out of nowhere. Omen still felt the heavy daze of a dream state laying over her like a blanket, though there was something real about everything the lion statue said. Omen wished desperately to ask its name, but something was stopping her. Perhaps it wasn’t her place.

A peace maker? Warrior? A soldier of long ago? This whole situation lent itself to a tale that Omen had never heard of, yet felt an odd sense of truth in it. She turned and stepped off the beach, determined to find answers for this strange being.

But the land that she was greeted with was just as strange and otherworldly as the island and its sole resident. A heavy fog rolled and shifted over the grass, which thrashed wildly, yet felt as soft as a kitten’s fur beneath her paws. She returned to the clan, where they mingled amongst winged and scaled visitors from the sky and sea kingdoms in a way that seemed more fitting for a family reunion than a post-peace-treaty gathering.

She found an elder, a cat named Kartha, and asked to speak to him alone. She led him just to the outskirts of the gathering, and sat to ask him about this ‘warrior of old’ that the statue lion had spoken about.
DeviantArt | Toyhou.se | Writing | Character Sales | Runes & Ruins

VoK|HW|★s|PM #115555#229999#44bbbb#bbbbbb#338877PFP

DinoSaga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:43 am

Username: Tiger♥Bear
Pride/group link: Pekee Pamoja
Day 2 Prompt:
The Scribe looks around all of those that have gathered, then turns her attention to the inscribed stone before her. Again, you swear something appears that wasn't there before: in her paws sits a tapestry, in the middle of being woven. From the way it is folded on itself, you cannot see what she is trying to depict.

"I've heard tale of a great warrior-- well, the words used are 'peace-maker', but context lends itself to a fighter. I don't know who they are, maybe you can ask around for some information on this warrior of old?"

Where do you go to look for answers, and who do you ask about this vague legend?

Perhaps it was because she wasn't paying attention, too engrossed in the etched script on the stone. Or maybe it was some form of magic. When her attention returned to the stony lion, she noticed a tapestry folded in it's paws. From what she could see of it, it looked as though it was a work in progress. But she couldn't make out what exactly was on it. The way it was folded in on itself hid whatever images lay out on the tapestry. That's when the lion spoke out again.
    "I've heard tale of a great warrior-- well, the words used are 'peace-maker,' but context lends itself to a fighter. I don't know who they are, maybe you can ask around for some information on this warrior of old?"
    Kailani looked around at those gathered with her. These weren't members of the pride she had been visiting with. At least, she didn't recognize them as such. Some of them even looked like heroes she trained with. Others like her. Perhaps they were also exploring to get a better read of the land. Still, she didn't think to ask anyone here. Perhaps she should seek answers from someone in the pride. Maybe one of them would know?
    "You are the hero named Kailani, are you not?"
    The lioness turned to see an orange lioness with golden glowing eyes. Her eyes widened. "I am. And you are?"
    "Nuru. I'm the pride seer. King Imamu suggested I speak with you."
    "A seer? Perhaps you can assist me."
    "Oh?"
    "Have you heard tale of a great warrior? Or a peace-maker?"
    Nuru stared silently for a moment. "Could you be more specific? There are plenty of tales of great warriors and peace-makers."
    "This lion of stone has a tapestry of sorts. I can't see what's on it but it almost looked as if it wasn't finished yet. She said it was a warrior of old."
    The seer reached a paw out to rest on Kailani. She almost jerked back when the seers eyes grew brighter. It lasted only a moment before the paw was being pulled back. "Ah, I see." Her eyes dimmed to it's original glow. "Perhaps I am mistaken but I would almost wager it is you. Or someone like you."
    "How do you mean?"
    "You've been brought here to battle a threat, yes? Something that has yet to occur but is in the works. Could explain the tapestry not being completed. If it is as you say. Perhaps it is being made as time goes on."
    Kailani shook her head. "No, that can't be it."
    The orange lioness shrugged her shoulders. "I cannot say for sure. Simply my thoughts on the matter. When you have a moment, I'd like to talk with you more." She gave a friendly smile before wandering off. Kailani stood there with less answers than she started with.
{442 Words :: 3 Ancient Coins}
Pekee Pamoja . VOK
Fallitur . VOK

Toyhou.se
Bear/vs/Bull is my husband.
fairytail*~, itsRBandPJ, munch1111,
and
Noebelle22 are my sisters.
We sometimes share a computer.
Please do not ban us!
I am looking for art of my VOK characters. Please send me a message if interested in doing some art, we can discuss payment.
Currently looking to swap some pets for true dates (pets adopted on the first of the month). Check out my trades for more info. Open to normal trades as well but would prefer date swaps at the moment. Also up for roleplay. I'm open to ideas, just send me a message with your thoughts and I'll let you know if I'm interested. If not, we can work something else out.
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MySpoons » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:05 am

Username: MySpoons
Pride/group link: The New Guard
Day 2 Prompt:

LISTEN TO THE WIND AND STARS
-------------------------------------
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | She/Her/They/Them
Pup Parent to Teddy, SDIT

358 Pets Left
to a complete collection

Trades | Auctions
Collection Progress | Art Shop

ABOUT ME
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frisco » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:41 am

Username: Frisco
Pride/group link: Night Watch
Day 2 Prompt: 345 words
- I know, I saw a really old guy among the people that came from the sky.
- I think she means someone older than that. Ancient, hundreds, maybe thousands of years old. No longer alive - Aris explained, while Nahi looked at him with more and more dissatisfaction.
- I know, smartass. I meant that we can ask him about it. Old people know a lot of history and love to bore others with it. If anyone knows the legend of the great hero, I bet it's that guy.
Since they had no better ideas or clues, they went after Nahi to find the old man she spotted earlier. They found him pretty quickly. He was short and very wrinkled. Most of the feathers that used to grow over his body seemed to have fallen off, leaving only a few sticking out in different directions. They had all sorts of colours and gave an impression that they were poorly taped to his otherwise blank looking, greyish fur. By his whole appearance you could think that he was a thousand years old.
- Hey there, old man! Know any legends about great heroes?
- I'm sorry about our friend, she didn't mean to be rude. She's just like that.
Hickory stepped in front of Nahi, taking over the conversation.
- What my friend is trying to say is that you look very wise, sir. We're looking for information about the "peace-maker", have you ever heard that name?
The aged lion smiled, apparently not taken aback by Nahi's behaviour, but pleased that someone requires his aid.
- Ahh, yes, although I haven't heard it in ages. It comes from a legend, already forgotten by most, but I still remember. My memory is as sharp as a knife! Where did I leave my glasses... Ah, yes. Sit down, for it's a long and curious tale. It all started...
And he continued on for hours. Nahi quickly got bored and fell asleep, but Hickory listened through all of it with glistening eyes. He wished that one day people would tell tales about his own heroic deeds.

What a beautiful, beautiful thing
to be able to dream
when you're not asleep.

art by Sixbane
Frisco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firedancer77 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:51 am

Username: Firedancer77
Pride/group link: Isle of Roses
Day 1 Prompt: Here! (305 words)

Isle of Roses | Valley of Kings

One of these days a-coming, I'm gonna take that boy's crown

Cause I am, I am a little wicked
I am, I am
Hands red, hands red just like he said

I am a little wicked

No one calls you honey when you're sitting on a throne
Firedancer77

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goddess Sword » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:22 am

Username: Goddess Sword
Pride/group link: The Wards (VoK), The Wayfarers (HW)
Day 2 Prompt: Hosted here (516 words)
Goddess Sword

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnightkitkat » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:13 am

Username: Midnightkitkat
Pride/group link: Oasis Basin
Day 2 Prompt:
    The quest from the scribe today was a strange one, and a vague legend indeed Everest was at a complete loss as where to even start his search. If he didn't know better he would think it would be the tale of the hero but as it is so widely know surely that is not the tale the scribe seeks knowledge of. Most everyone knows that tale. Could it be one from even before the foretelling of the hero. Perhaps someone from when the lands where still whole and not under the threat of the titan or an inner war. Everest supposed the best place to start would be the library. If there was anything written on the subject, even if only in passing, it would probably be there. As he doubts there would be anyone alive today if the story comes from as long ago as he suspects. The library's were more difficult to find then he had originally imagined, having never visited them before. As the training grounds were deemed more important then the fragile pages of history. Asking around he eventually would find his way to the stone steps leading into these crypts of knowledge, yet after ages in the shelves and dusty corners of the library of both the sea and air he felt as if he had not made any headroom what so ever. Nothing mentioning this 'Peacekeeper'. Until eventually he found himself dozing off over one of the many books pulled from the shelf. Whether his dreams or waking self would find the answers the fabled tale would only be known to the future. For now Everest slept, possibly one of the last few good sleeps he would have before the approach of tbe titan would grow to great for his psyche to handle.
    [300]
Midnightkitkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me