Rise Summer Event: Dark Skies | Path 3

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Rise Summer Event: Dark Skies | Path 3

Postby SurgeFire » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:00 pm

»»———— • ————««
After a few days of tense silence, both groups expecting the worst, you get your answer. Or a sort of one, anyway. Never one for straightforwardness, it comes in the form of a dream like the first, with just as many questions in its wake. Your healer wakes you with enthusiam that even the most optimistic of your clan had slowly curbed the longer you went without a word from anything, everyone grim in the face of the increase of fires in your territory.

You healer had laid the dream out in front of you, eyes shining as they explained what they saw and what they think it meant. You don't think you can find the same solace in it, but at least it's something to work with. Your healer says they can't think of who it means at the moment, and that perhaps you should talk to the rogues in case they did.

Which is how you find yourself slipping, this time alone, into the rogues temporary camp. You're spotted immediately by Etna, who you assume is on high alert in the unfamiliar area. He waves his tail at you in acknowledgment before turning and making his way to most likely alert Hecate of your presence.

You're proven right when he comes back into view not long after with her on his heels, their height difference as startling as ever. Etna breaks off from her as she nears you to attend to his own duties and she makes the rest of the short trip on her own, coming to stand in front of you. You can't help but note that she seems a bit jumpy, fur fluffed a bit and ears almost constantly swiveling to take note of the surroundings. It's a strange change in demeanor, but you chalk it up to the fact that you're all on edge. She gives you a questioning look when she finally focuses on you, and it's all the prompting you need to tell her why you're there.

"Our healer had a dream. They seem sure it's trying to tell us who we're looking for but couldn't think of what cat it could be referring to, so they asked me to relay it to you." Hecate flicks her tail, clearly not interested in the why, so you move on, "They said they saw a spider spinning an intricate web, with a cat pulling at one end of it, working with it like they were making something, and at the last second a second cat coming in and snapping the thread with its teeth." This clearly catches the small leaders interest, stilling her twitching for the moment. "They think it means three separate cats, one creating something, which is the spider, one making it which was the first cat, and one either ending or breaking it, which is the second one. They don't know if it means that we're looking for three cats who are behind this, or if it's one, and the connection between the three is something important. Do you have any idea who it could be talking about?"

Hecate frowns is what, at first, you assume is confusion. But something flickers in her eyes before she can mask it and you can't help but pounce on it, leaning closer. "What? does something sound familiar."

She hesitates, clearly torn between keeping it to herself and telling you, and you nearly remind her that you're supposed to be working together when she sighs, posture slumping. "The city we came from. There was a trio of sisters we called the spider sisters, as silly as that sounds. They were... odd. A little unhinged even for city cats. We didn't have much to do with them, and they didn't much like us so we kept away from each other. I don't know what they would have to do with this, though. The city is a far ways off and last I checked at least two of them were dead. It's gotta be about something else we just don't see yet."

She doesn't seem sure of herself, but you reason that it would be ridiculous for cats you didn't even know were still alive had anything to do with this, not over petty squabbles from long ago in a place so distant. She's probably right, and it's just a coincidence that it lines up. Besides, wouldn't she recognize another cat from where they were from hanging around? "You're probably right. We'll figure it out. At least we have somewhere to start now."

Hecate gives you an uncertain nod, "If that's all you have, for now, I have matters to attend to. I'll make sure word gets around to my cats what we're looking for. Maybe one of them will find something. You know the way out?"

You agree, taking her last question as the dismissal it is. You spot Pan and Apollo lounging together as you make your way back to the entrance, the blue tom cleaning the other's ears, and offer them a wave of the tail. Pan happily returns it, paired with a wink from Apollo over his head that almost has you flushing. You shake it off and are nearly free of the camp when what you can only call some sort of yowl startles you into swinging around. It takes you a second to place it, but when you do you can't bring yourself to do more than blink in surprise. Nike, grown now as Etna had said, is facing some cat you don't recognize, positively snarling with her fur puffed out twice her size; intimidating on an already large cat.

You tune in just in time to hear her hissing, voice pitched in anger, "And you're a harebrained, useless waste of a healer! A fox could do a better job!"

Startled, you move closer, surprised to find blood speckling Nike's pelt. Perhaps she'd gotten into a fight? Etna had said she'd been acting out. Then her words strike you, taking time to process due to the vitriol in them; she had called this cat a healer. Pan had used it days ago, to your confusion, and here it was again. But this time, it was clearly aimed at someone who wasn't the Oracle.

You glance around, looking for someone who's going to step in but everyone around seems to be ignoring the spat, clearly used to them. Huffing you make your way closer; may as well fall to you. "Nike, is everything alright?"

Both cats swing on you, and you take the opportunity to observe the stranger. She's got a striking coat, just as dark in places as it is bright in others. Her ears and eyes seem a little too big to her head and her face is angular, body matching with a slim frame and almost twig-like legs. It's all brought together by a large scar, cutting its way across her face and through one of her eyes, clearly blinding it in the process. You can't help but think it adds to the fact that she looks a little unstable, body twitchy and her working eye not sticking to one place longer than a moment.

She bares her teeth at you and you can't help but step back in surprise. "Mind your own business clan cat. This insubordinate whelp has nothing to do with you."

"I'm just making sure everyone's alright. She's clearly been into something if she's bleeding."

"Which is none of your business either! I'm their healer, not you, so do us all the favor and get lost, preferably back to where you came from."

You can only stare in shock, not sure what to do with the hostile she-cat. You note, distantly, that at least you had given Nike the chance to slink away, probably to lick her own wounds, so it wasn't a total loss. Shrugging with discomfort, you back off and make a quick exit, not wanting to stir the healer up further. You understand, suddenly, why Hecate hadn't wanted you to know that the prophecy had come from her. You most certainly wouldn't have believed it if you had been told she was the source before the fires had started.

The rest of your journey home is filled with thoughts of spiders, fires, and the strange she-cat who seemed just weird enough to be unable to shake from your mind.

»»———— • ————««

Writing Prompt 5: What are your new suspicions to who the cuplrit may be - do you still think it's one of yours? Could it be someone the rogues may know? What could be their motives? Does your leader still trust the rogues, or are they starting to doubt your cooperation?

Art Prompt 5: A new character! Draw me what you think this new mysterious healer looks like, or draw the imagery of the dream.

Hecate | Etna | Nike
»»———— • ————««

Writing Prompt End Date: August 20th, 11:59 PM EDT

Code: Select all
[b]Writing Prompt![/b]
Username:
Clan Thread:
Prompt Writing:

[b]Art Prompt![/b]
Username:
Clan Thread:
Prompt Art:

SurgeFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Birchii » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:15 pm

Writing Prompt!
Username: Birchii
Clan Thread: GealachClan
Prompt Writing:

Morningstar was glad for the silence on her slow trek back to the camp. It would take most of the day to arrive back into the heart of GealachClan, leaving her with a setting sun to guide her home and time her journey. The idea of taking a companion to speak to the group did cross her mind before she left, but the clan seemed to be constantly working as of late. Doing anything and everything they could to avoid dwelling on the looming mysteries that had been, for all intents and purposes, dumped upon them abruptly.

She didn't mind being alone. These days, the lean tortoiseshell leader seldom had time to herself, and this seemed an opportune time to find some solitude. With just the distant bird calls and the wind singing as it wrapped through grass and leaves, Morningstar could think clearly for the first time in what felt like an eternity.

Littleburr had seemed so relieved to have received some sign from the Ancestors, despite it being cryptic as ever. As for Morningstar, she felt frustratingly confused over it all. Discussing it with Hecate answered little, and left her with more questions forming. Why did Hecate seem so reluctant to share the information about the city cats with her? Surely if it was relevant enough to trigger some discomfort within her, then it was relevant enough to share...

The shadow in Hecate's eyes troubled Morningstar the most. She could understand that it seemed difficult to connect these spider sisters from a distant former home to the current scenario, but why did she still seem... Scared? Angry? The small rogue leader still hid her emotions well enough that Morningstar struggled to decipher what it truly was.

Even if she could trust Hecate about two of the three being dead (not that her wording had been entirely convincing), there was still a third, potentially roaming or seeking some kind of destruction or vengeance. And that healer... Not every healer was as kind or gentle as Littleburr was. Both Morningstar and GealachClan knew that, considering Littleburr's predecessor, Nettlespirit, could be as prickly as her name. Yet there was something unsettling about the new healer. Was there a connection? Was it all a lie? How did the fire fit into it all?

She felt she could trust Hecate, but couldn't shake the feeling that there was still something unspoken. Something more to this fragmented mystery. Did the new healer have something to do with it all? Was it all a lie, created by them? How did the fire fit into it all? Nothing fueled the fire inside her more than not being able to puzzle out the truth. As Morningstar finally approached the camp, she listed the things she knew for certain.

One. Someone knew more than they were letting on.
    Two. She didn't know why this feline, or felines, wouldn't share the reason why they would not speak.
    Three. The element of fire had yet to reveal itself properly to them.

Each reason sent a chill down her spine. Her evening meal, the rundown of the clan's daily news - all of it was tainted with the uncertainty lurking. What was coming for them? When would it happen? How could she protect her clan? What could she believe? Which felines could she trust?

The answer to each question?

"I don't know."

Her dreams were empty. Only the deafening darkness greeted her in slumber. A grateful repreive.

[Word Count; 583]
Birchii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:33 pm

Writing Prompt!
Username: ~HєуRєι~
Clan Thread: Beamclan
Prompt Writing:
Shrikestar has several suspicions, the likeliest to her being a vengeful ancestor, however the dream has stirred up some doubt in that concept. With the idea of multiple cats involved, it has set in her mind that living cats, ones particularly unstable and possibly malicious, were behind this. Shrikestar had also once considered twolegs as the culprit, however twolegs are not seen this close to the mountains, and Beamclan barely borders the farm by several strides. The rather inexperienced leader has not previously had instances with fires, especially in the change of territory initially. It was nearly sure in her mind that a living cat or cats were the cause of this, though she is unsure who to accuse the start of the trial. The healer in the rogue's camp certainly is unnerving at the sight, and although Shrikestar doesn't want to accuse her, she cant help but feel untrusting towards her due to how little she knows. The trust between her and the rogues hasn't exactly waned but it hasn't grown stronger either. The fact that Hecate immediately slightly suspected a set of cats she once knew throws Shrikestar off, making her feel slightly uneasy with the idea that the cats responsible were once cats known by either of the groups. Shrikestar has no doubts that at the least the rogues know who the culprit, even though they may not be able to say who specifically did it, it is at least someone they know. It is clear to Shrikestar that the cat responsible is looking to bring destruction and despair to the clans as a whole, including the rogues who have remained peaceful since the initial invasion. While she believes that helping the rogues is the best option to help Beamclan, she still doesn't trust them completely and feels like trust isn't likely to be gained until a culprit within the prophecy is mentioned or found. The tortie pointed molly feels slightly suspicious of the fact Hecate insists some of the "spider sisters" are known dead, but is too passive to really question her word, but discusses it with her skyfollower and moonspeaker to quell her suspicion of the easy explanation. The hostility of the rogue group's healer as well as some of the members brings more suspicion to Shrikestar that there may be inside forces working against both groups, posing as members of one or the other. However she chooses not to explore this fear due to past experiences with the paranoia of Doestar nearly bringing the clan to a lifetime of war. [426/600]
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hawkfire102 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:51 pm

Writing Prompt!
Username: hawkfire102
Clan Thread: SycamoreClan
Prompt Writing:

Sycamorestar was even more confused than he started with. When he first heard about this dream, he thought it could be something that could lead them to an immediate solution but now that is not the case. If it is going to be three cats involved than there is a large pool of cats to choose from. Sycamorestar was concerned now that there are more in play than he thought there was.

If what Hecate said was true, these spider trio could be doing something to cause a problem with the two groups. He knew Birchheart came from the city, so did he but not on the streets like him. He had to know something about them...or maybe they were doing to him? Was there something that Birchheart not telling him?

He also did not know much of Owlpaw's history. They found him as a kit close to apprentice age so he could have something to do with it. On the other paw, they never let him out of their sight for too long. There would be no way he could be doing this.

Sycamorestar's mind wandered to the rogues. Hecate and her Oracle don't seem like the culprits to him. They would not have come to him if they were. They did not seem like the type to start fires in their own territory to make it seem like something was amiss. He paused to question the Oracle for a moment before tossing it aside. He definitely would be the one to tell you to your face if he was starting your territory ablaze.

But there were the others. Sycamorestar did not know these cats well but any of them could be the culprit. Their healer did not seem like the type friendly type and from what he gathered, they were new to the group. They most certainly could be the cause of the fire if they were trying to get back at their group mates.

Then again, any cat at this point could be doing this. He was questioning everything at this point. He wanted to believe that Birchheart is not behind this and that he is not lying to him. He wanted to believe that Owlpaw was not going off to start fires in his spare time while they were sleeping. He sincerely hoped that none of the rogue cats were setting the fires in hopes of destroying both groups out of spite.

The only lead that they had right now that made sense is the spider trio. He would have to ask Birchheart about them to see if he knew anything about them. He slowly made his way back to his camp with the smell of smoke lingering in the air. By StarClan he prayed that they could find out who it is soon before the whole forest was set ablaze.

[475/600 words]

Th: hawkfire102
Art Shop | Character Design Shop
hawkfire102

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SurgeFire » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:00 pm

Writing prompt 5 is now closed. I'll be awarding points shortly.

The art prompt will remain open for the rest of the event.
SurgeFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SurgeFire » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:21 pm

»»———— • ————««

Your frayed nerves are slightly soothed at getting to wake the next morning on your own time; not getting shook awake by excited healers or rogues sneaking into your camp. It's undercut with the constant dread that's been constantly present the last few weeks but you suppose you'll take what you can get. You stretch, pushing your paws out in front of you in a languid movement. You move back upright with a shake before making your way out of your den.

You're greeted by relative calm, cat's bustling about on their various duties. It's quieter than usual, but you chalk that up to the ever-present stress everyone's been feeling recently. At least no one is actively in trouble. You make your way towards your healer, inclining your head in hello. "Any more dreams recently?"

They shake their head, eyes locked on the activity in camp instead of you. "They've fallen quiet. I imagine we won't hear from them again unless something happens."

You almost hiss at the bad luck in those words, not wanting to chance it with how everything's going currently. You fluff your fur slightly instead, unease prickling your skin, "Let's hope it doesn't come to that." You can't shake the feeling that the floodgates had opened though, and that you only had more trouble on the way. Time would tell.

---------

You're proven right in a dismally short amount of time, and you can't help the dark amusement that twists in your gut at the irony. You're coming back from a hunt, having gone out to relax with your clanmates, the wind shifts in your direction and you're startled by the flood of smoke to your senses. The rest of the cats in camp catch it too, the panic immediate. Now that you're looking for it you can see the glow of a fire on the horizon, and you can only briefly wonder how you hadn't noticed it before.

For what feels like entirely too long you can just stare at the glow, frozen by the fear. How had a fire gotten this close to your camp so fast? Suddenly, there's a creaking and tearing sound and a tree is crashing into camp, some of its limbs alight. The yowling is immediate, and enough to spring you from your stupor. You rush towards it, already catching sight of the cat underneath. It takes you entirely too long to realize there's nothing you can do, and you can only circle the flaming branches warily for a moment before turning away to collect the rest of your clanmates.

Your healer rushes past you as you do, coming to stand by the tree. They push at it momentarialy with their paws, realizing quickly there's no chance for you to move it to get the cat that had fallen beneath it. Sending a mournful look to the greiving cats, they start to herd everyone away from it. "Come on, it's not safe. The whole thing could light. We've lost enough cats for today," they murmer quietly, nudging their shocked clanmates towards the entrance. You can see your deputy rounding everyone else up, gathering everyone by the entrance.

You sigh, moving to comfort everyone as they mill about, tinged with fear at the fire growing ever closer to camp. You'll have to leave; find somewhere else to stay away from the flames. Once everyone's gathered you come to stand at the front of the group. "We lost a good cat today. For now, we'll leave camp. We're moving out close to the water, hopefully it's less likely to catch fire. We will mourn tonight, and carry out or rites when we can return."

A murmer ripples through the group. You can understand their hesitance to leave, to break your traditions. But, right now, you just wnat to keep everyone alive. You turn and plunge out of camp, motioning for everyone to follow. A pawful of tail-lengths away you let your deputy take the point, knowing they'll get everyone where they need to be safely. You let yourself fall to the back of the group, stopping to gaze at your camp. If this wasn't resolved quickly you never be able to move back to it. To lose that heritage... it would be just as devistating as the loss of life. Clans revolved around tradition.

Sighing, you turn to head after your group, taking note of the other animals fleeing from the fire around you. The smell of smoke grows ever thicker in the air, the glow getting brighter as it gets closer. You can only hope it bypasses your camp.

The track is made in relative silence, everyone stuck in their own heads. Even the apprentices and kits are quiet, seeming to understand the gravity of the situation. You can only turn your own to your ancestors, hoping they offer you some kind of insight in the coming days.

-------

Your pleading is rewarded, if you could call it that, by yet another dream. Not that it's any more help than the last. You're beginning to doubt your ancestors wishes to help you. It seems like every answer they provide just brings about more questions. This time, when your healer tells you about the riddle their fur is riffled, and they're clearly unsettled by what they saw.

"It was a cat. They were... hovering over something. It was like they were pulling the life out of it. It was wasting away right in front of me." They pause, and you have to prompt them to continue. "It's like they noticed I was there and watching. They moved to attack me when they saw me. I woke up before they could reach me but," they roll their shoulders, clearly uncomfortable, "They had orange eyes. It could help with our hunt." They watch you as you mull the words over, tail flicking with their nerves. "You understand what this means? Whoever this is sensing my presence? They're stirring all this up. They're likely playing with forces much more powerful than they should be. This can backfire on everyone if we aren't careful. Evil spirits don't care for who gets hurt in their crossfire."

You nod, understanding the direness of the situation. If this cat had a deal with spirits, they could just as easily turn them loose to run wild. Once ties of control were cut there was no telling of the consequence. "I'll head to tell Hecate tomorrow. For now, all we can do is alert our warriors of the new description. Let's hope whatever this cat is dabbling in doesn't overtake them before we can take care of it. It's already growing stronger, the last thing we need is it going completely unchecked." You can only hope stopping the cat themself put an end to this and didn't unleash the spirits themselves. You were treading on dangerous territory. Perhaps you could ask the Oracle tomorrow as well. He may have more insight on dealings with spirits. For now, you can only spread the word of the updated description, hoping beyond hope that nothing else major occured.
»»———— • ————««

Writing Prompt 6: How does your Clan react and do with not being able to perform their traditions? How do they feel about the escalating situation?

Art Prompt 6: Draw your healer's dream OR the Clan's evacuation from the camp. Try to convey the emotions of the cat(s) involved.
»»———— • ————««

Writing Prompt End Date: August 24th, 11:59 PM EDT

[b]Writing Prompt![/b]
Username:
Clan Thread:
Prompt Writing:

[b]Art Prompt![/b]
Username:
Clan Thread:
Prompt Art:

SurgeFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpaghettiOhs » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:45 am

Writing Prompt!
Username: SpaghettiOhs
Clan Thread: JuniperClan
Prompt Writing:
Sagestar had never seen her clanmates look so weary and broken.

"We stand here before StarClan to remember a fallen warrior, Swannose. She was a fine hunter, and a good friend. She gave much to JuniperClan."

Sagestar noticed the apprentices gathered together near the front of the group. Tears streamed down their faces. She tried to swallow the lump that was forming in her throat.

"Swannose was far too young for such a tragedy to befall her. Hardly a moon ago, she stood before StarClan as we do tonight, and received her warrior name. We will miss her liveliness and positivity. She had so much more to do and become."

Sagestar looked up to the sky, where the stars were just appearing. "Swannose, you will be missed by your kin and your clan. May the stars light your path."

Softly, the clan chanted her name. "Swannose. Swannose. Swannose."

As the chant faded into silence, the cats looked around awkwardly. Traditionally, Sagestar would break a branch from the ClanTree at this point and lead a procession carrying Swannose's body to the Ancestor Grove to be buried... but there was no ClanTree, no body.

"What does this mean?" squeaked Quailpaw. "Will Swannose be able to go to StarClan?"

Sagestar stared at her, uncertain how to respond. She glanced at Thistletail, hoping he might answer the question and ease the worry that was now painting the faces of all of their clanmates.

Thistletail's face was unreadable. He didn't respond to the question... or really react at all. Chickadeepaw took a tentative step forward. She glanced at her mentor, then at Sagestar. "I... I can do the next part of the ceremony."

Sagestar nodded, allowing the medicine cat apprentice to address the clan.

Chickadeepaw quickly found a few twigs, giving one to Sagestar and keeping one for herself. They were no juniper and sage branches, but they would have to do. They crisscrossed their sticks on the ground.

Thistletail still made no sign of participating. Chickadeepaw took a steadying breath and stood before the pseudo-grave and began the second part of the burial ceremony.

"Swannose was a loyal cat, who lived her life according to the Code, in defense of JuniperClan," she recited. "This juniper branch is a reminder of the clan that she leaves behind." She touched a twig with her paw.

The young cat raised her eyes and looked at her clanmates. "Now, her paws are on a new path. May StarClan guide her and lead her to her new home in safety." She indicated the second twig. "May this sage branch provide the protection from evil as she begins this new journey."

The cats glanced at each other uneasily. Did this ceremony count? Was it enough? Several cats took halting steps forward, then settled beside the false grave to sit vigil.

"We need to talk," Cougarstrike whispered to Sagestar. She followed him a short distance away from their mourning clanmates. The medicine cats joined them as well.

"We need to talk about Chickadeepaw's dream." Thistletail's voice was hollow. "I don't know what it means, but we have to do something."

"First, we need to talk about our situation," insisted Cougarstrike. "We can't return to camp until it's safe... and I'm getting nervous about the rogues."

Sagestar sighed. "I wish I had the answers, but I don't. Not yet. Tomorrow, I'm going to go speak to Hecate's cats."

"Do you think they might know something about my dream?" asked Chickadeepaw.

"I'm not sure," said Sagestar. "But I do know they're not telling us everything. Hecate is hiding something, I'm sure of it."
(600 words)
┌───────────┐

└───────────┘
┌─────────────┐

Piano teacher
Snack enthusiast
Mama

└─────────────┘
┌─────────────┐

links,.......................................

©

└─────────────┘
SpaghettiOhs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Birchii » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:26 am

Writing Prompt!
Username: Birchii
Clan Thread: GealachClan
Prompt Writing:

It felt wrong. Huddling amongst the rocks and plants beside the waterfall, trying to find a comfortable patch to rest upon. Morningstar made her rounds, helping Littleburr to check the clan for signs of smoke inhalation, but her mind wandered elsewhere. They had lost Maplefern, trapped beneath the log with the blaze creeping closer in the distance. Despite being an elder, Maplefern still had a lot of energy and life to give to the clan, many tales and wisdom to pass along to the next generation before she joined the Ancestors. Despite her elderly age and stiffened joints, she was still too young to be lost. And yet, here they were.

Though the roar of the waterfall was loud, and the clan spoke softly to one another, the sentiment in the air was clear. Frustration. Weariness. Regret. Confusion twisted with fear, and there was little to be done to alleviate it. The smiles given in greeting to Morningstar as she spoke to her clanmates were small, infrequent, and grim.

Her tail flicked back and forth. They wanted to grieve their loss properly. Needed to, if they were going to go through the proper mourning process. Instead, all they could do was sit around and pray for the flames to fizzle out soon. She considered addressing the clan, calling for a meeting to share words of encouragement with them, but swiftly chased the idea away. This was not time to be a clan leader with a brave face and required, unrelenting optimism. This was a time to be an ordinary clanmate, quietly grieving the loss of life.

At some point, the clan had naturally gathered into a circle and were sharing their memories of Maplefern. Morningstar wasn't sure when it started - her mind had drifted away, pondering what to do next. She sat quietly, listening to the amusing tales, the memorable words, the kindness and strengths they had each seen in the fallen feline. The atmosphere was melancholic, and each cat who spoke held a tone of defeat and plain exhaustion. Nobody knew when the end would come to these prophecies, to these fires. It was clear that morale was low, and difficult to raise. Even the apprentices, youthful and energetic as they often were, seemed to have dampened spirits.

As the sun began to set, the clan eventually began to fall into fitful states of sleep. A few - those closest to Maplefern - stated awake in vigil for her. Some went to sleep with a growl in their belly, as any prey caught went straight to the elders, queens, and those who needed their strength most. Thankfully, hunger was a temporary issue that could be solved after some well-needed slumber.

Morningstar stayed awake that night, too. Unable to find sleep (or perhaps it could not find her, either), she decides to keep a vague eye upon the fire that burned upon their territory. She prayed that this uncertainty would end soon, if only for the spirits of her clanmates being broken.

[Word Count; 503]
Birchii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpaghettiOhs » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:52 pm

Art Prompt!
Username: SpaghettiOhs
Clan Thread: JuniperClan
Prompt Art:Image
┌───────────┐

└───────────┘
┌─────────────┐

Piano teacher
Snack enthusiast
Mama

└─────────────┘
┌─────────────┐

links,.......................................

©

└─────────────┘
SpaghettiOhs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hawkfire102 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:27 pm

Writing Prompt!
Username: hawkfire102
Clan Thread: SycamoreClan
Prompt Writing:

Sycamorestar could hear the muttering voices of his small Clan. His immediate attention is drawn to his mate and the small bundle of orange nestled between his paws. How he yearned to be over there with them to make sure Mallowkit was alright but there was too much to get straight right now. He feared how Mallowkit would feel about being with them in the Clan instead of with her mother.

Birchheart wasn't looking too well himself. Sycamorestar knows he has been up worrying with him. Sleep has barely graced him as they constantly have been looking out for fires and it was starting to show. He could see even through the seemingly calm eyes was the sluggishness and fear.

Owlpaw looked concerned. It wasn't hidden knowledge that he snooped about so he knew as much as the higher-ups did about the situation. The worry was easily seen as their gazes locked. The quick swishing of his tail showed that he wanted to do nothing more than go back for their fallen clanmate but knew that nothing could be done while the blaze got ever closer to them.

Solarsoul almost blended in with the burning background and her gaze was just as fiery. Out of all of them, she was the most to go back to get their clanmate. She may not be that close to their traditions yet but her angry ranting showed that she still wasn't going to let them stay there alone, living or not.

The medicine cat, Meadowflower, looked at him in concern. None of this has been easy on anyone. She had finished looking everyone over and now her attention was on him. She was probably the one closest to StarClan and was very strict about tradition, he couldn't imagine how she must feel about leaving and not being able to mourn for their clanmate.

It became painfully obvious that all eyes were on him now. All of them looked lost, confused, and angry. How could they mourn for their clanmate with the fire raging? How could they carry out their traditions? What would they do without their home? He felt exactly how all of them looked. He couldn't blame them. He never wanted this for any of them. This was his family and now they all looked to him for guidance. As a leader, he was supposed to have an answer for all of this. A way to solve everything. A way to make it better.

But he didn't know how, and it was killing him inside. How Sycamorestar felt about this situation was his own uselessness.

[433/600 words]

Th: hawkfire102
Art Shop | Character Design Shop
hawkfire102

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me