Journey to the Trinity Tree - Summer event prompts

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Journey to the Trinity Tree - Summer event prompts

Postby EchoIre » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:01 am

Username: EchoIre
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Chetan, Kamala| Hazel
Link to their pride or group: Motoheri Pride | Hallow's Edge
Prompt level completion: Level 5
Prompt:

[1,150/1000]

Prompt A wrote:Chetan couldn't blame the tree guardians for being wary of he and the other champions abandoned them, including Kamala. Still, receiving judgmental stares and the growing shortness they had with he and the others only reminded him how alone he was. Even Mitra, one of his closest friends, was hardly present. Chetan had asked them to stay away away from the war, unsure if they could get harmed by the beasts of decay and not wanting to risk their safety. That, and Mitra had found a few colonies of fae-like creatures - so similar to themselves but yet just so slightly different - and had been spending most of the day with them. Chetan couldn't ask Mitra to leave them because other lions were being mean, not when he knew that they, too, could never go back to the family they left behind so long ago in the rainforest.

So, when Chetan was graced with some spare time, he took to it alone. He let his paws lead him wherever they may as his mind wandered elsewhere, mostly trying to find ways back home. He hoped that Kamala was safe, wherever she and the other missing champions went off to. Should they send a search party? No, that had already been ruled out. Too dangerous to leave the tree unprotected.

Suddenly, the wood underneath his paw crumbles, quickly pulling Chetan out of his musings. Confused, the leopard looked about his surroundings, noting the dark and decaying wood with a creeping sense of dread. Why would the center of the Trinity Tree rot? How could the tree guardians not know about this? What was this, some kind of corruption, an illness? Or-

Suddenly, great wooden beasts slink form the shadow, the scent of rotting leaves hitting Chetan's nose as they drew closer. He gasped, ears folding against his head as he stepped away. More of the earthen soldiers crept from the shadows, too many, all of them eyeing him with those hauntingly dark eyes. He could run away, let someone know, call reinforcements. ...Or he could talk to them. Hadn't they glowed with a light so similar to the earth spirits back home? Surely he would be the one to understand them, if they could speak at all?

If they wanted to talk to him at all.

Chetan stepped back again, staring hard into the eyes of the nearest beast of decay. Something hollow and dead stared back at him. This must've been an ambush, set for someone exactly like him. Someone alone. The beasts drew nearer still, waiting to see if Chetan would cry out or run before they got close enough to attack. He remembered with a shudder the way one held him up to their face, watching him writhe as its flesh burned his.

There was no talking.

The leopard turned on hiss heels, racing up the path he had followed. Outraged roars and thunderous footsteps chased him.

"Ambush!" Chetan yowled, ducking as a mound of earth smashed into the ceiling above him.

-

Hazel jumped as a panicked cry rang through the allies. Ambush? Here? So close to the heart of the city? Champions nearby shared a disbelieving, confused, or concerned look, but few moved to help. That is, until a leopard with a vibrant green cape streaming behind him came racing out of a nearby alley, his eyes wide and panicked.

"Someone, go warn the others!" The leopard demanded, coming to a stop in the middle of the plaza. He turned around, facing the direction he had ran from. "I need everyone else to help me fend them off."

The only other cat there ran off to get help and Hazel leapt to her paws to help the leopard, but stopped as she realized none of the lions moved to help him. Why?

"I am from the Kanaka Pride, Harbinger of Doom." One of the lions, a massive black and white fellow, rumbled. Hazel watched as something like horror spread across the leopard's face. "I will not-"

Suddenly, an ear-splitting roar rang through the plaza, followed quickly by a swarm of earthen beasts. Hazel screeched in surprise, leaping backwards. The leopard scampered backwards, quickly scaling a nearby statue, only to leap off as one of the beasts sent a ball of earth smashing into it. The other champions joined into the fray without hesitation, though none were wearing their armor. As the reinforcements came, they were finally able to defeat the ambush party, leaving a very disturbing party of defending champions gasping for breath, wondering how the earthen beasts got into the heart of the Trinity Tree.

Prompt B wrote:Kamala wandered curiously through the army of decay's camp with wide, curious eyes, though she avoided other champions she saw. There were more here than she was expecting, but she didn't want to talk to them. Not really. Her mind was still muddled with thoughts of Iah - why was it bothering her so much that she sent him away? Hat he looked so disappointed in her?

A loud crash and a series of low roars caught the lioness's attention. She moved closer to the sound, carefully slipping around the creatures that would burn her if she brushed against them. She caught sight of a few of the beasts fighting, apparently sparring. Should she find another lion to spar with? ...No. She couldn't bear the thought of actually fighting against Chetan, against Iah, against the tree guardians. Surely there was a way to come to an agreement without fighting?

Kamala turned away, once again letting her troubled paws wander. Each step squelched or otherwise sank in the wet earth, though after a few glares from the wooden soldiers, she learned to hide her disgust. Eventually, the lioness found herself on the outskirts of the camp. It was less... rotten here, in a way. A whisper of life, a beautiful clearing of flowering trees and butterflies. At the center, a strange pile of wood and stone.

Confused, Kamala crept forward, slowly realizing that the odd pile of wood and stone was not only that, but a fallen soldier of the army of decay. Nature had reclaimed it; flowers grew from its once empty eyes sockets and moss lay over the exposed stone. She swept her gaze around the clearing, spotting a few other odd lumps in the grass, though entirely covered in grass and flowers by now.

She turned back to the fallen soldier. Kamala felt strangely at peace here, next to it. She got the idea it was at peace too.

Carefully, the lioness inched closer. She touched her nose to the fallen creature's forehead, whispering a prayer for the fallen Sangria had taught her. Kamala stepped away, giving the ancient soldier a respectful distance, and lay down in the soft grass, finally feeling at peace for the first time since coming to the dying god's camp.

She had made the right choice.
Last edited by EchoIre on Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
EchoIre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnightkitkat » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:51 am

Username: Midnightkitkat
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Limpet
Link to their pride or group: Vast Marsh
Prompt level completion: 3
Prompt:
    Limpet had been exploring the trees many tunnels and twists with his new found free time. Not wishing to be around the despair and hostility that had grown above its roots. Preferring the turning tunnels that reminded him so much of his home back in the Vast Marsh. The camp surrounded by the cypress roots that had kept them safe for so long. The tom had found himself journeying deeper into the tree unconsciously. Thoughts racing on the interactions he had experience with those from this world. Some he could understand but others had seemed almost suspicious of those who'd came to this world too help.

At this point Limpet had realized just where he was. Looking around with awe at the beauty of the trees heart. Taking a peaceful rest at the sight his eyes drifted towards an odd sight. A cold wave of dread washing under his pelt as the sight of decay so deep within the tree. The wood dying off where life should be thriving all things considered. Taking a step back the founder found himself bumping into something that was most definitely not there before. Gasps of shock and alarm rang out around him as others with similar decisions seen what he only felt. From the shadows of the decay came forth monsters of all shapes. A surprise attack no doubt ment to take the goddess down from the inside. As a clawed arm reached for the frozen cat Limpet found himself swatted aside by a two toned lion. The form dashing back into the battle that had just formed.

Gaining back his footing Limpet raced through the tunnels, desperate to reach backup before the surprise attack could overcome the few below. As his ears echoed with a frantic heartbeat a striking realization suddenly came to light. How had the forces made it so far into the tree without being spotted, and certainly wouldn't the goddess have called for help at such a direct attack to the trees heart? Breaking the surface of the earth Limpet dashed towards the nearest general of the lights army. Yowling of the surprise attack the whole way.

-

The trip back was so much worse than his escape. The worry and fear that those who stayed to fight would be lost or injured if they didn't hurry. The battle parties having to go in small groups as to not stop up the tunnels. As the sound of fighting grew closer the parties leader barked out commands for attack. A mess of lions, cats, and beasts fought before them. Limpet going in and helping those injured tag out with fresh fighters at the tunnels entrance. As the decayed forces dwindled he found himself glacing at the dying portion of tree once more. Not sure if its appearance match that of the beasts around it. For the second time that day wondering just where it had come from if the beasts had not been the source. Was the goddess who spoke more through her people than herself hiding more from them than they thought?
    [512]
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
"We have calcium in our bones,
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
carbon in our souls,
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
☆ ☆ ☆
☆ ☆ ☆
◇◇◇
My SZ Herd
◇◇◇
☆ ☆ ☆
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
93 percent stardust,
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
we are all just stars that have
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
|█
|█
|█
|█
|█
|█
|█
|█
|█
|█
Midnightkitkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wucaian » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:56 am

Username: wucaian
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Vaknoir
Link to their pride or group: Mountain Pass Pride
Prompt level completion: [Lvl. 5/1070 words]
Prompt: -June 7 (B)-
The god of death smiles. “I’m glad you could see it my way.”

The gathered horde parts to create a path further into the wood. Vaknoir steps forward, shooting the wooden creatures wary glances. They’re still not so sure if they will attack or not. They feel they can trust this god, but their minions not so much. The forest is no longer silent. Cracking and scraping sounds fill the air as the creatures shuffle. But they let Vaknoir pass without incident. The pass the tree and feel the god’s pleased eyes on them as they pass.

Further into the wood Vaknoir finds their home. There are pits dug into the ground that hold various things, and one larger, shallower one that may be a training area. There’s a fire burning in another pit where the clanging of metal comes from, watched over by a bulkier wooden creature. Unlike the goddess’s home, here there appears to be food. The smell of meat wafts from a large area covered by pieces of flat wood. The smell is largely rotten, but there is also the fainter scent of fresh meat.

Vaknoir finds themself hungry for the first time since entering the eternal realm. First stop is the food area then. The closer they get to the structure the stronger the smell of rot assaulting their nose gets. Their nose wrinkles in disgust. The stop several feet away from the structure. They thought they could do this, but obviously not.

“Hey, excuse me,” they say, turning to a wooden monster lumbering by. “Can you bring me some of the fresh meat from over there.” They gesture hopefully to where the smell of fresh meat comes from.

The creature turns and tilts its head to get a better look at them with one of their glowing green eyes. Vaknoir holds their breath as the creature studies them. Finally they change course and walk up to the food area. Then they’re lumbering back with a bundle of fresh meat in their jaws. Their movements are slow and creaky when they bend to set it before them.

“Thank you for the help.” Vaknoir says. Getting on these creatures’ bad sides right now would not be a good idea. Or well, more on their bad side. They can tell the peace between them is still tenuous at best.

Once the creature has walked away, Vaknoir bends down to eat the food. It still carries a mild scent of rot, but that seems to be from what was around it, and not the food itself. Grimacing they eat in quick bites. Though they’ve chosen to follow the death god in their cause, being here isn’t going to be terribly pleasant for the living. Next order of business is a nap. There’ll be more time to investigate this place after they’ve recovered from the emotional whiplash this day has brought.

They wander through the trees in search of places that look like sleeping areas. They come across many more pits in the ground, some hold things and some might have. There are more structures of wood and what almost looks like a garden of glowing mushrooms. Evey now and then they’re surprised by the appearance of more creatures out of the underbrush. The whole wood echoes with the rustle of dead, dried plant matter. It’s more than a little spooky to have these giant creatures appear where a second ago there had been none. That’s another think Vaknoir’s coming to realize. These creatures don’t have much of a scent at all. There’s the ever present smell of rot, but that could largely be the environment. No, they mostly smell faintly like wet plants. It’s a little disconcerting. Not many things are so void of scent. Many rocks even have a scent! Especially wet rock or caves.

Finally, Vaknoir comes across a patch of ground covered in leaves that looks softer than the rest of the wood they’ve walked through. It was mere luck they looked over when passing by. Peering through the bushes shows there are even some of those creatures curled up in the piles of leaves. Feeling this is as good a place as any, Vaknoir settles down and sleeps.

When they wake they feel much more refreshed. Time is hard to tell here. The goddess’s domain still had a day and night cycle, though very subtly. Here there is constant darkness broken only by the unmoving moon. Vaknoir stretches and yawns wide. They wander back toward the area with all the structures and stores of supplies. There was a particular area that had caught their eye but they were too tired to investigate. In one of the pits there appeared to be a random assortment of branches. What had been really interesting were the creatures crowded around it.

Back in the main clearing, Vaknoir heads over to the pit. There are less creatures gathered now, but still a couple. They eye Vaknoir when they walk up. The pile of branches is indeed randomly assorted, the only notable feature that none are broken or splintered like much of the wood used making up other things in this area. One creature with thicker arms but shorter claws was the only one touching the branches. They pulled them out seemingly at random, but must have made sense to them, and wove them into the branches they had already gathered before them. Vaknoir sat and watched, curious. Eventually the creature picked up their wooden creation and held it up to the head of the one closest to them. It was like a blast of wind to the face. Armor! This creature was making armor.

Vaknoir didn’t really want to fight the goddess’s forces. They hadn’t done anything terrible so far, they were just misguided. And to harm them, or even kill any of them, would be horrible. They hoped that the coming battles could be solved with as little harm to the warriors of both sides as possible. This was a fight between gods after all. They had picked sides, but the ones who could ultimately decide to end this were the god and goddess. But armor. It could help they power their way through the ranks to open a path without getting anyone seriously hurt.

“Excuse me,” they said.

The creature’s head swiveled toward them. They blinked their eyes in obvious question.

“I would like some armor as well.”
Last edited by wucaian on Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Currently missing:Image
Bounce, bounce, bounce...
wucaian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:15 am

The cats at the tree are restless, as the gaps remain of soldiers lured away by the darkness. The soldiers who call this land home are unsettled, snappy and irritable. They try to be understanding towards your outsiders, but they can't help their nerves. The day is spent with many soldiers building walls, strengthening their defenses, and keeping a wary eye on those who could be led astray.

While they are given freedom to explore, your lions stumble across an area at the heart of the tree, filled with inner decay. Its wood dark with age and missing life, for all the darkness seen outside this place seems hollow. All is fine, though unusual.. until soldiers of the decayed army began to lurk from the shows. Apparently, having staged an ambush in this tunnel, waiting only for someone like your cats to come along. It's not clear if they are the cause of this area of the trees death, or if that was from some other source.

How do they fare in a surprise attack? Do they face their foe head on, disadvantaged? Do they flee and call for help?

Username: Tiger♥Bear
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Suha
Link to their pride or group: Pekee Pamoja
Prompt level completion: 5 (1,074 Words)
Prompt:

SPACESuha had been resting in her tent for some time. It seemed everyone at the tree was restless. There still hadn't been any good leads on the disappearances of the soldiers and champions who had been lured away the other night. It seemed the locals were becoming tiresome. They were on edge. It was apparent they were upset about the loss in numbers. Some threw themselves into work, no doubt trying to keep their minds busy and off of the missing soldiers. Walls are built and placed around the tree outside. Tall walls made of stone and mud, reinforced with thick wooden branches. Defenses that were already in place were checked and rechecked. Some were even improved or enhanced, strengthened. No matter what the others were doing, it seemed they were always keeping an eye out for those that were visiting. Suha ignored the glares and whispers. She was here to do one thing and one thing only: fight the army of decay.
SPACEIt was understandable, she guessed. Strange newcomers brought into their home that they know nothing about while also having to worry about an army coming to attack their home and livelihood. She pushed herself up off the ground and stretched. She hadn't seen Kamau for some days. Not since the day some of the soldiers were lured away. She had seen Mandla for another sparring session after the gardening fiasco she had. But that was the other day. Today has been a day of just resting and, in her case, thinking about what was happening here in this realm. Like most things, there were two sides. This case wasn't any different. The goddess in the tree, representing life. It was very evident that was what these felines were all about. Life. Living. Growth. The other side was rot and decay. If she was being honest, she fit more with the opposing side. She was death and destruction. No matter which side she was on, she stood for balance. If she is to fight on behalf of the side of life, it is only to keep the balance of life. Not to rid the rot or decay.
SPACEWith the amount of unease going around she had been given free reign to explore the city. She hadn't thought much about it. Seeing the city hadn't been necessary or even a desire of hers. But perhaps it wouldn't hurt to learn more about the cats here. Maybe she would learn something about the conflict. Hidden secrets, hushed voices, things like that. She wandered around, nothing seeming too out of the ordinary. The city still had some locals wandering about. It appeared to mostly be the young cubs and kittens. They watched as she passed by but she payed them no mind, continuing down the streets and paths. Her wandering led her up and into the tree. She hadn't been up here. It was very different from the city. This area didn't seem as inhabited. As she ventured further in, she noticed that the tree started to look different. The wood was dark and splintered, lacking the life that the rest of the tree had shown. Upon closer inspection, she could see it wasn't just shadow or tricks of the mind making it appear this way- no, this was decay at the trees center, at its heart. What was it doing here? She stepped closer. Walked deeper in. Nothing seemed amiss, aside from the very obvious decay. Then there was a groaning. Creaking wooden joints started to appear out of the darkness. Her sense kicked into overdrive. Agents of the decay. She wasn't sure how many there were but she had to be careful with what powers she used. Touching the tree could cause severe damage. But perhaps it wouldn't matter. This area seemed to already be infected with rot. The question was how. The soldiers? Or was it a natural process? There wasn't time to investigate or speculate. She had a fight on her hands.
SPACETwo soldiers had stepped out, their gnarled bodies closing in on her. Two other soldiers were starting to emerge as well. Making a split decision, she jumped over the two and landed among the four soldiers. As her paws hit the ground she called out. "Tatafakak!"
SPACEThe four soldiers started to move in on her but crumbled at her feet. Wood and dirt was strewn across the path. But there was still the sound of creaking and groaning beyond the scar of rot. More soldiers. She could handle them, but after this was dealt with she should find either Kamau or Mandla and inform them of this. Three more soldiers made their way out and rushed toward her. One moved to pounce but she dodged. However, this sent her right into a second one. Its rocky claws connected with her shoulder.
SPACEShe hissed and spoke through gritted teeth. "Imst almawt." Turning away from the closest enemy, she slashed at a third that was rushing toward her. Its form turned to ash. The other two moaned loudly at the loss of their comrade. Suha growled back in response. Stepping forward, she swiped a paw at one connecting with its chest then pouncing the second. Both forms fell to dust. Taking a moment to listen for more of the soldiers, she began to steady her breathing. It seemed that was the last of the enemy. Stepping forward, she looked at the decay. It was strange. It wasn't like a portal which meant that either they snuck past the forces and had laid in wait for an ambush...or they had been a product of the decayed wood that was in the tree. She wasn't sure which was more troubling. She had to find someone and tell them about this. She started to make her way back down the tree to the main city.
SPACEThe more the situation weighed on her, the more she was unsure about it. It was one thing if they had somehow found a way into the tree. She wasn't aware of all the ins and outs of the tree so maybe there were secret entrances or they had abilities that allowed them to get by unnoticed. But if they hadn't come into the tree and instead were coming out of it, coming out of the rot that was at the trees center...was that something she wanted to trouble the locals with? Or worse, what if they were aware?
Pekee Pamoja . VOK
Fallitur . VOK

Toyhou.se
Bear/vs/Bull is my husband.
fairytail*~, itsRBandPJ, munch1111,
and
Noebelle22 are my sisters.
We sometimes share a computer.
Please do not ban us!
I am looking for art of my VOK characters. Please send me a message if interested in doing some art, we can discuss payment.
Currently looking to swap some pets for true dates (pets adopted on the first of the month). Check out my trades for more info. Open to normal trades as well but would prefer date swaps at the moment. Also up for roleplay. I'm open to ideas, just send me a message with your thoughts and I'll let you know if I'm interested. If not, we can work something else out.
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Journey to the Trinity Tree

Postby Runnersback » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:16 am

Username:Runnersback
Link to lion(s) involved in prompt:Achilles Letaba Diablo
Link to their pride: Realms of L’Oasis Lo
Prompt:007

runners/sharkkbait/swiftie
Image🎶 RTF 🎶 cal-vain ©

𝙸 𝚏𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝,
𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑."

𝐼𝓉’𝓈 𝒶 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒷𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒶𝓁𝓉𝓎 𝓈𝑒𝒶
Runnersback

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:27 am

[Username: TheSongOfTheStars
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Bryva Hayes Lost Shard
Link to their pride or group: HOD Dark of Mists
Prompt level completion: 5
Prompt:
1,021 words

A
After finishing the task of gardening Bryva was fully prepared for a rest. She went looking for something to eat and found a vendor willing to spare her the last of a pot of their soup. It was cold and gritty, the bits of meat slimy in the bowl. Bryva heated it in her hands, which did much to improve the taste and consistency, but little to fill her up entirely.
After finishing up her meal Bryva found herself a quiet street corner and let herself drift off.
She got, maybe, an hour of sleep before she was shaking awake roughly by one of the city dwellers and brusquely told that she ought to be helping with repairs and fortifications, but laying about like a useless tourist.
Bryva had to resist the urge to ask how many tourists they usually got and went along to help. Her fire abilities were not much use and she was small and weak compared to the lions helping heave about the large construction equipment. She did what she could, scurrying about bring tools to the other workers and the occasional cup of water, but eventually she was told that she was only getting underfoot and to please get lost.
Though she was quite put off at the way she had been told to leave, Bryva was more than happy to go. She understood that the city cats were on edge, fearing that their homes and lives were under great threat.
But that did not mean that she wanted to deal with the attitude of an irate warrior who was larger or stronger or better armed than she was and promptly as they had said "got lost".
Got lost down through the streets, out the main gates, and into the tunnels.
There was a stillness in the dark Bryva found peaceful. She did not light up a flame as there was enough ambient glow for her eyes to pick out the path she wanted to take.
For a while she ventured onwards, carefully, always making sure she would be able to track her way back to the city.
There was a dripping in the distance that Bryva did not take any notice of. But after a while, as it began to grow louder, the cat realized that it was a bit odd for there to be running water within the tree itself.
Maybe it was nothing, but she was bored and curious, so, in a lapse of her usual better judgement, Bryva decided to try and find it.
She lit a flame as it had begun to grow darker and went off.
It did not take long for her to reach a jagged opening that let into what seemed like the very center of the tree and a gust of rancid air cut through the fireball Bryva had lit.
Gagging on the scent of heavy wet decay, Bryva relit the flame and staggered forwards stubbornly, having come too far now to turn back.
Her feet sank into the sponge of rotting wood and puffs of spores let up from the fungus that was feeding on the rot.
Broken blue gray light dumped itself across the faces of the morels and mushrooms that had sprouted from the death of the wood and black mold seemed to ooze from every broken corner.
Overcome with disgust, for a moment all Bryva could do was stare, shaking as she tried to resist the urge to gag.
Then she turned, quickly as she could, intending to flee.
Only to find that her exit was blocked by a group of decaying soldiers who, as soon as they realized they had been spotted, charged forwards with a bellow.
Shocked, startled, and out numbered, Bryva fled deeper into the decayed heart, shouting for help as she sank into the soft stinking rot.
----
B
Lost Shard sets about cleaning her weapons first thing as everyone else seems to collapse in a state of disarray.
The ranks seem to be chaotic but she does not let that disinhearten her. She has seen apparently undisciplined soldiers pull themselves together in a snap and go from reckless and wild to a devastating force in seconds.
Although that had been a different scenario altogether, nothing at all like what was happening now, but she decided to err on the side of hopefulness if only to stave off the anxiety.
Eventually her weapons could be no cleaner and to avoid someone picking a fight with her, Lost Shard decided to take a walk in the opposite direction of the glaring soldiers and the bickering lions and cats.
It was mostly a stone studded wasteland wrapped in thickets and thorns, making Lost Shard wish she had packed sturdier boots and thicker gloves.
As she passed on thicket of particularly dead looking vines, she caught a glimpse of something green.
Curious she snapped away the tangles and stepped into a veritable oasis.
She had to glance over her shoulder several times to make sure she had not traveled to a new place entirely.
There was grass beneath her feet now and the air was fresh and wholesome.
Above her head pure light filtered down in green and gold patches and the quiet songs of birds filled the shadowed spaces between them.
Taking another step, Lost Shard noticed one of the soldiers that had apparently taken root, its body reclaimed by the earth, all that was left being a pair of sleepy eyes shaded by the delicate curling petals of a graceful bloom.
It felt...peaceful.
Lost Shard began to explore the oasis, grateful for the break from the quarreling crowd and the mud.
She discovered an old pile of discarded items which was being claimed by tiny pink and white flowers winding up on thin green vines.
Idly the lioness began to dig through the mess and she came up with a tattered old bag filled with vials and bandages. A medic's kit, handy.
Brushing off some of the dirt from the front flap, Lost Shard hooked it to her belt and then stared across the green meadow, her thoughts tumbling in her head

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goddess Sword » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:33 am

Username: Goddess Sword
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Mitko (Major character), Beatrix (Major character)
Link to their pride or group: The Wayfarers
Prompt level completion: Level 5 (1,254 words)
Prompt:

Story A
The cats at the tree are restless, as the gaps remain of soldiers lured away by the darkness. The soldiers who call this land home are unsettled, snappy and irritable. They try to be understanding towards your outsiders, but they can't help their nerves. The day is spent with many soldiers building walls, strengthening their defenses, and keeping a wary eye on those who could be led astray.

While they are given freedom to explore, your lions stumble across an area at the heart of the tree, filled with inner decay. Its wood dark with age and missing life, for all the darkness seen outside this place seems hollow. All is fine, though unusual.. until soldiers of the decayed army began to lurk from the shows. Apparently, having staged an ambush in this tunnel, waiting only for someone like your cats to come along. It's not clear if they are the cause of this area of the trees death, or if that was from some other source.

How do they fare in a surprise attack? Do they face their foe head on, disadvantaged? Do they flee and call for help?

---

Story B
Choosing to stay with this decrepit tree, your cats then beg the question- How can we help? The tree seems befuddled by that, its goals perhaps just as simple as lessening the blow held by the the other side's armies. The creatures, your cats new 'allies' seem indifferent to speech, if they can speak at all- though surely they must for they understand the words of your cats. Unlike the strict order of the Goddess and her tree of life, here your cats are left to their own devices to find out how to help "Prepare... We must prepare.." the old tree mumbles to itself in disarray. The crowd around it going to their own versions of what this means. Your cats catch some of them fighting amongst each other- perhaps sparring. Others who are making weapons and armor, some who are scouting and patrolling the grounds. They are given the day to spend as they please, assuming they don't mind the mud and glowers of their new accompaniment.

Though distinctly, when passing a dark bramble of thorns, they catch sight of a small oasis. A beautiful bough of flowering trees and life, in the middle -a soldier of this rot that's aged to the point it's fallen to pieces, only its eyes showing through a pile of soil and a flower atop its head. Though its been taken over by these plants, it seems content. Nearby it, lies a pile of old objects....

What do your cats find to help in their battle? What would catch their eye, what would change their minds or really mean something to them? How do they plan to use this and do with this knowledge?

Beatrix, still exhausted from the recent events, had planned to spend the day resting. The cats of this world were growing more frustrated by the day, and though she knew they weren't trying to upset them... she still couldn't help but feel unwelcome when they snapped and huffed at her. Between her supposed mistakes in her recent gardening task, the fact that she was simply too small even by non-lion standards to offer much help in the construction of the barricades, her failures in the recent battle, and Mitko's disappearance... she hated to admit it, but she was getting the impression that she alone was worthless, not good enough. She was failing over and over in the tasks given to her by feline and goddess alike here, and she'd not only been unable to bring Ragin and Mitko back from the portal, one of them had now vanished entirely. She wanted to just curl up and sleep the day away, sleep until her problems passed her by and she was back home with...

...But that wouldn't happen. No, they might have been able to summon a portal back to her old room, but why would they reward her for sleeping her life away while others worked so hard? It was simple; they wouldn't. But then... she couldn't do anything, could she? Too small to build a wall, too weak to fight. If the goddess were telling the truth when she's said that each of them had been brought here for a reason... what role could she possibly play?

So it was that she spent the day wandering around the vicinity of the Trinity Tree, Ragin equally despondent by her side. When asked what she was doing, she simply lied. "I'm on guard duty," she would assure them, and they would go off without pressing her further, allowing her to skulk about a while longer.

It was late in the afternoon when Ragin's ears twitched, and he wandered closer to the tree to paw at its bark. "Ragin, stop that," Beatrix chastised halfheartedly. But the fox continued, and so, with a sigh, she wandered up to where he was pawing at to take a look for herself.

Indeed, what he was pawing at proved to be a hollow within the tree, a little tunnel that led deep into its core. She screwed up her mouth; had this spot been here before? She couldn't remember, not having really paid much attention to this part of the tree until now. She poked her head inside, and soon following it was the rest of her body. While the fox waited outside, whining in concern, she slipped further down the tunnel as her eyes adjusted to the darkness.

As she strode further into the depths of the tree, she began to notice odd things; gnarled, rotting knots within the wood, and a smell not unlike the decaying leaves unearthed when winter's frosts began to melt. This place... if what the lion had said about them having no need for such things as compost was true, when why was this here?

It was then that she saw the movement from the corner of her eye. And then from the other. And a third shifting form, from above. For just a moment, she froze.

And then she bolted, yelling for help as she ran, her cries echoing from both the hollow and Ragin barking his own alarm calls outside.

It seemed that her excuse of "guard duty" was not as flimsy as she had thought.

---

Elsewhere, Mitko was burdened with a trouble of his own, albeit one of a much different nature - Namely, the question of what he could possibly do to help in this situation. The god had offered little practical advice of its own, merely stating that they had to prepare. But... how could he? He would be fighting, yes, fighting for a deity of death. And yet...

Even if this was the side that he had chosen, he still didn't want to fight, didn't want to kill anyone. Especially not when...

Beatrix. Ragin. He and the others would have to face them. And... he supposed some of them might have to face their friends and family as well. Surely, they wouldn't be willing to kill them. Would they? Even if they were fighting in the name of death itself... would they be willing to take the lives of their companions? To hunt for the sake of survival was one thing, as was death at the hands of nature or time, or to kill to protect oneself or others from harm... but this? To kill other cats simply because they had different viewpoints, not even knowing they might be wrong, never given the chance to see another side of the story, truly and wholeheartedly thinking that they were doing good?

He knew that the god had said they took no pleasure in their role, essential though it may be. But was the death that may come of this truly essential? Could there truly be no other way?

He watched as other cats sparred, crafted weapons. And he felt uneasy. Were they willing to kill each other in the name of this god? War was war, and death was death, and yet...

He shook his head. He needed to step away, get some fresh air, or as fresh as the air could be here. So he snuck out of the clearing in the brambles where the second tree sat and wandered, until the mud and muck of the earth here stained the white spots on his paws the same deep brown as the rest of his fur. And when he slipped away to a dry patch of land, he sat and contemplated what exactly he had coming now.

And then he felt a breeze, like the cool, crisp air of the goddess's tree, refreshing lightness in the depths of the dark and heavy dankness of the woods. He felt it ruffle his fur, like his former owners had when he was still small and cute (though the wind was far less judgemental than they had turned out to be). And he felt an urge to seek out its source. He turned to make sure his prints still stuck in the mud - If he lost his way here, he might not have been able to find his way back - and, content that they remained, he faced towards the breeze and followed.

After some time, he tracked the source to something entirely unlike the rest of the forest. A little clearing surrounded on all sides by blossoming trees, full of life. And in the middle... sat one of the god's soldiers of rot and decay. But this one was different. It no longer moved, having fallen apart with age. Soft grass sprouted around its form, vines climbed up its limbs... and at the peak, where its head might have been once upon a time, sprouted a flower.

Mitko sat for a time in the little oasis of life in the rot and death of the forest. Yin and yang... he remembered the symbol, how each held a spot of the other. And he wondered if, somewhere within the goddess's lands, there might be a place of decay, just like there was one of blooming growth here.

And then he looked again at the former soldier, rotting to the point of breaking apart and yet supporting life just the same.

Perhaps... there might be a way to resolve this without this war. Perhaps.
Goddess Sword

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meekins12345 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:52 am

Username: Meekins12345
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Erastus, Ciqala, and Axel
Link to their pride or group: The Cloud Coalition - A sub-pride of The Pride of Wikimak
Prompt: June 7th

The two males were clearly on edge as they traveled about the tree's underground city, and why would they not be? For it appeared a lot of the locals, here, were rather leery of them. It was a bit unfortunate, as they had come all this way to help this kind folk, only to be practically rejected by them and their hospitality so early on... when they hadn't done a single thing to deserve it! It was all fear-based, but the two males couldn't do much about it, as unfortunate as it was. One couldn't try to convince them otherwise, that would just be ridiculous, and probably only make matters worse than they already were. Nevertheless, Erastus and Axel kept their heads held high and carried on with their daily lives here in this new place.

However, it was one day, while they were wandering around, that they caught sight of a new and different place, one they had not seen before. The two looked to each other, one with confusion and the other with curiosity and interest. They didn't speak much to each other but both knew what they wanted to do. They wanted to see what this place led to! And so they quietly wandered into, what appeared to be, the heart of the tree... and they could only look with awe, wonder... and sorrow.

For the place itself was a beautiful place. It was encased in bark and root, dirt carpet gracing the floor. There were runes and veins of blue light coming down from the very top and slithering down to the very bottom of the tree, some going off into the roots themselves while others just ended amidst the dirt.The light gave off a soft glow that dimly lit the entire place. Little white mushrooms were planted here and there, also giving off a light white light as they housed little creatures underneath their small, little caps. Frogs and toads and crickets and inchworms and caterpillars and moths and moles. All sorts of creatures hid amongst them, and some only hid all the more upon the various ledges and shelves that the tree's 'walls' appeared to have. It looked like something out of a cubs imagination... and it was beautiful.

But there was an elephant in the room... a dying one, really. For the beauty was only contrasted by the decaying creatures that appeared to have infiltrated here. Amidst the signs of life, their scent of death only drew more attention to them. The smells of tar and decay, skunk and blood, all came with them, and that, along with their dying, disfigured bodies, made this beautiful room a fraction of what it could be.

The two males growled at the creatures, and Axel glanced over to Erastus, who seemed to glance back at the blue male. It was then that the larger, fanged male motioned for the smaller, blue male to go and get help, something of which Erastus seemed to hesitate upon. It would be wise to get help, but to leave Axel alone? When he was still recovering from his earlier wounds? That wouldn't be all that smart, either. But they couldn't just leave these creatures alone here! Especially within the heart of the tree, who knew what they could possibly do here! Axel gave the male and more serious look that only melted into a lighthearted smirk, as if to say 'go, I'll be alright'. It was after that that Erastus looked to the male with a more serious, almost stubborn look but ultimately turned around to bound off to get the others. He called to the residents of the tree, his voice ringing out like a bell amidst silence.

"They're here! They're here! And they're at the heart of the tree!"

---

The lioness, on the other side of the forest, wasn't quite sure how to help, per se. This didn't make much sense, to just have the army do whatever it felt like, so long as it was helping in some way. An army needed order, right? And what better way to get order than to give out orders? But of course, she wasn't sure if she should even be speaking out to their decaying leader, especially in that way... or, well, in the way she was most used to. She could get away with it with Erastus but she doubted she could get away with it here... In a way, she missed the two males. She could only wonder what they were doing right now... She could invision Erastus making another long in that little tale he was writing of their adventures, and Axel just settling down and snoozing... That male always did like his naps.

She quickly shook her head, growling at herself and closing her heart once more. Why even think about them? They were annoying anyway... but she couldn't help but miss them anyway. They may have been annoying to her but they were family, nevertheless.... She decided to just go on a walk, wandering alone to think and ponder on what she really should be doing with her time in this newfound army of hers. She still had no idea why she was still over here but she was. She just hoped that she wouldn't regret this decision in the end of it all...

She ultimately found herself at a beautiful oasis, and absentmindedly wondered how such a beautiful place had come to be in this edge of the forest, where decay ran rampant... However, that didn't seem to be on her mind for long, for her eyes caught upon the rotting creatures in the middle of the oasis and the flower atop its head... as well as the other plants that grew around it. Of course this was only natural, that with death came life and she was well aware of such things but... it seemed odd to her... She'd wander up closer to it and just study the thing for a while, by the edge of the oasis's waters. It only brought one real question to mind, one she may never get an answer to.

Just what was the Trinity Tree's true intentions? (1,030 wc)
Last edited by Meekins12345 on Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
╔══.·:·.☽мєєкιηѕ☾.·:·.══╗
Child of the Living God
Doodler | Roleplayer
.·:·.
Wanna trade? Check out my
trading group!
Wanna chat or roleplay? PM me! ouo
Convocation
Valley of Kings
Three Pine Range