The edge of the woods.... [Final Results Up!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: The edge of the woods.... [Prompt One Open! Update pg. 1

Postby lovestruck » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:18 pm

Sign-up Time!
    username. lovestruck
    link to roll call post. present!
    prompt response.
    Sierra twirled the bright gel pen in her fingers tentatively, her mouth twisted into a frown. She would never admit it aloud, but the thought of the forbidden forest simply made her hair rase, and sent chills throughout her body. However, she knew the counselors had been fooling around, and joking about it, so it couldn’t possibly be that dangerous. And besides, Sierra wanted to prove she was a brave kalon, being one of the older kalons at camp. Before she could change her mind, she quickly scrawled down her name in scratchy handwriting, chuckling softly as the ink flowed out in different colors. She was excited to see the forest, and perhaps the sky would hold beautiful constellations she could admire. As obsessed with cosmology as the young kalon was, even the possibility of rarely visible star patterns would drive her into that dark forest. Sierra had always been an extremely outdoorsy kalon, and had loads of experience in forests and with camping. She had even gone backpacking alone in the mountains. She hoped this little hike wouldn’t even begin to compare to those experiences, and perhaps she’d have fun, rather than be worried the whole trip. Whatever awaited her on the hike, Sierra was sure to take it head on.

[wc;212]
lovestruck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby néktar » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:59 pm

sign-up time!
    username: nektar
    link to roll call post: lovette is accounted for
    prompt response:

lovette held the multicolored pen in her hand as she turned from beni's puppy dog like eyes, she puffed up her cheeks as she clicked the blue colored nob down. she stood on her tippy toes and wrote her name in her most efficient hand writing she could muster.

as she wrote she huffed and thought how she would prove to beni that she wasn't afraid of a simple night hike. she smirked as she thought of walking ahead of the whole group without a flashlight, looking back triumphantly as she led them, not a single sign of fear in her body. but then her stomach started to turn as she thought of all the things that lurk in the dark, something that had bright yellow eyes and nasty sharp fangs, things that flew at her and screeched, vines that would wrap around her legs and drag her to a dirt grave.

at that point her hand writing got a little shaky, but then she remembered how she had wandered into the woods earlier and first met beni, knowing how her own eyes sparkled seeing him. embarrassing to say the least, looking up to a counselor such as that.

but her cheeks got slightly warm with embarrassment knowing if she did get scared during the hike that he'd be there to look after her. because it's his job, as a counselor.. she placed down the pen and huffed off, she'd prove herself though on this hike, she wouldn't be scared.
Last edited by néktar on Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
néktar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ✧ airplane. » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:00 pm

Sign-Up Time!
    Username: high noon
    Link to roll call post: link
    Prompt response:
      Eleodoro had really wanted to come to camp. He'd begged his dads for weeks. Jack thought maybe he was still too young. Gabe had been worried he might have to take summer school again. In the end they'd both agreed on the stipulation that he bring his grades up and maintain a good average. He'd worked hard and it paid off. And his dads might have been just the slightest bit pleased to be able to have a reprieve from his antics and constant energy.
      And he really did want to be here, but... It was a little lonely. He'd never been away from his twin brother for so long. And while he'd managed to convince his dads to let him come, he couldn't convince Ciardha to join him. And his best friend and cousin, Eva, was going on a trip to Japan with her family, so she hadn't been able to come either. Ellie was a friendly and bright kid, but being away from his usual crowd had really thrown him for a loop, and he couldn't help but feel a little intimidated by all the was going on at camp.
      He'd met Luka and Deidra the first day, two councilors who showed him how to send postcards home. He desperately wanted to, but first he needed something to write about. He hadn't managed to make it to the top of the rock climbing wall yet. All he'd found in the lake while canoeing was a rock. And the grasshopper he'd managed to catch with Team Fauna had escaped his net and hopped away. He wanted something wild and exciting to write home about!
      He'd been wandering and sulking a bit when he'd found the two councilors at the edge of the forest. They both looked cool in different ways, and when Coucilor Beni mentioned a night hike in the woods, Eleodoro couldn't sign up fast enough. He clicked the pen over to red and printed him name on the sign up sheet in all caps, taking time to write out his full proper name: "Eʟᴇᴏᴅᴏʀᴏ Mᴀᴛᴛᴇᴏ Rᴇʏᴇs-Mᴏʀʀɪsᴏɴ".
      He could barely wait for the sun to set on the day of the hike. He was going to beat this Test of Courage and prove how brave and cool he was, and he'd have best story to tell his family!
      [388]
[ Red he/they queer tired ]
artist + owner of kalons // firestarter#0687
too much coffee & not enough sleep ✦ an ding peak lord

"my king—!"

[ Kalons TH ] [ Adopts TH ]
x
x

✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cyrano » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:09 pm

Sign-up Time!

Username:
Smith(ers)

Link to roll call post:
Present!

Prompt response:

“Hmm a Test of Courage now that sounds like an adventure!” Pip exclaimed.
She had enjoyed all of today’s prior activities and was looking for an adventure for the evening. She was growing tired and maybe even bored of sitting in her Cabin making bracelets and other crafts with the other Kampers and a “Test of Courage” sounded right up her alley after all monsters and spooky creatures were only stories they told Kampers to scare them into submission, right? I mean what could go wrong I trip and stub my toe on a pebble. Pip chuckled. I mean worse case scenario I break a nail! What would even be in the forest Rabbits, Owls, Wolves, Blood Sucking MONS-... Oh Jeez I just need to stop thinking about it, I ’ll be fine, I’ll be the bravest Kamper that ever conquered these here woods. After all what can go wrong.

As you can imagine Pip’s demeanor quickly changed as she approached the woods. She began to run through her thoughts again thinking of giant beasts and lurking creatures that could eat her in one bite. “Oh No not again I need to stop, I can’t do this”. But you know when your mind’s telling you no, but your body’s telling you yes that’s what happed to Pip. Her adventure seeking legs ran for the sign up sheet and signed her name while her mind was still racing to catch up. I guess I’m in it now, Thought Pip. After trying to “erase” the permanent ink. Time for the adventure of a lifetime where I Test My Courage.

Let’s Do This!
used to be: smith(ers) & s-simplicity| toyhou.se | my kalons
Cyrano

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 76heart » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:34 pm

Sign-up Time!
Username: 76heart
Link to roll call post: boop

❝ Oooo! What a pretty butterfly! I wonder if I'll see more! ❞
little miss completely-unaware-of-obvious-danger-meri
i also meant to add the text above the image to the picture
but didn't remember until after i had made it so i hope
that's still okay ahhh
76heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allium » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:02 pm

Sign-up Time!
Username: //_Asher_//
Link to roll call post: boof
Prompt response:
Alma is very excited about this hike, perhaps unreasonably so? But she does everything in varying degrees of extreme. Nighttime ghouls beware - she might blind you with her pure unadulterated enthusiasm for literally everything.
if you don't have good intentions,
please just leave me alone. i'm tired.
allium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the edge of the woods // sunshine in my pocket

Postby skywishes01 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:06 pm

Sign-up Time!
    Username: skywishes01
    Link to roll call post: heree!
    Prompt response:

The pen was mocking her. Calliope was sure of it.

She'd been struggling with that thing for at least a couple of minutes now, but the colour switch she wanted just refused to budge. (And she knew it wasn't broken because she'd just seen a kid use it, like two seconds ago) Luckily there was no one around to see her being a total and absolute failure and honestly, if she couldn't even get a pen - a tiny, hot pink pen - to work, how did she expect to actually complete this test of courage?

I mean, I know I'm not Indiana Jones or anything, she thought, as she attempted to scratch the lever down with a nail, but this is ridiculous. Her finger slipped yet again, and she bit back the urge to chuck the pen away and throw a tantrum, five-year-old-style. (Her teeth chomped down on her tongue and that really didn't improve her mood)

Yes, she was very aware she could just use another colour and get this over with- but that was simply unthinkable. That was practically giving up. And okay, she wasn't really the highest achiever or hardest worker but she had some standards. And failing because of an inanimate object the size of her hand was definitely under that (admittedly low) bar.

Even if she had still made zero progress towards her goal.

Okay, you know what? Be that way. You are the worst pen I've ever met in my entire life and I hope you get run over by a car or eaten by a bear or both at the same time. That's right. You heard me, how do you like that, you good-for-nothing-

Click. Finally, finally, the little nib had popped out.

Calliope did a mental tap dance of victory as she wrote her name down on the list in a bright, obnoxious orange chicken scratch. Someone coughed behind her, and she froze, halfway into a smug signature flourish. Turning around slowly, she saw that counsellor - Iphis, was it? - staring at her like she’d just grown a second head and also about five eyes.

She groaned, and slapped a hand to her face.

“I said that all out loud, didn’t I?”

[371 words]
xxx

x
┌─────────┐

════ʕ ⏒ ᴥ ⏒ ʔ═══
call me sky !!
────────────
infp • gemini •
hufflepuff • nerd
─────────
my kals / art cred
art shop !!

└─────────┘
skywishes01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The edge of the woods.... [OPEN!]

Postby rabbit... » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:25 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: rabbit448
Link to roll call post: here
Prompt response:

This is so exciting! Ferox stands in line rocking forwards and back as the line slowly inches forward. While she is doubtful that the hike itself will truly be an act of courage, the two councilors look mischievous and may have a trick or two up their sleeves. Iphis seems almost gleeful about how spooky it will be, but Ferox is ready to stay on her toes and see if her mother's teachings will help her brave the forbiddon forest...

Not too far off now, only a handful or so left in front of her! With the sky turning umber, it seems like the hike may start soon as well. Ferox wishes it will turn out like this: night time falls and they will all go on a nice nature walk. She hopes to see bats and spooky dolls along the way (and secretly scare her new friends with weird things). Honestly, she just wants to throw herself into it, spooky or not.

Ferox feels someone tap her arm. "Psst it's your turn!" The kalon behind her makes wild gestures that Ferox takes as MOVE FORWARD in an annoyed tone.

"Thank you! I'll write it quick!" She write her name in scratchy letters and goes off to explore camp as she waits for the moon to rise.
rabbit...

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnightkitkat » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:10 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: Midnightkitkat
Link to roll call post: here

Prompt response:
"This is going to be so much fun!!!!
No no it's going to be beyond fun!!!
It's going to be an extream and thrilling adventure!!"

Avanyu had been enjoying a well deserved break from bug hunting when he first overheard a few counselors talking about the tests. Almost jumping out of his skin in excitement he had scurried off as fast as his little legs could carry him. Sure, scary stories weren't really his thing, but he had to practice facing danger with a smile if he was gonna be a hero one day.

With his favorite teal pen in hand Avanyu begun his search for the sign-ups that apparently located on camp somewhere.
Before almost giving up on finding it before all slots were filled a fluttering page caught his eye. Running and almost tripping over Avan discovered that it was what he had been searching for, and there were still spots available. Signing up immediately he reassured himself that everything would be fine.. as long as none of the tests involved *gulp* heights.
[175/150]
Midnightkitkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Glitter_Goatman » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:20 am

✭ Sign-up Time! ✭
Username:
AgataxaFox

Link to roll call post:
here!!

Prompt response:
←←

edited bc something happened to the image rip
Last edited by Glitter_Goatman on Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel
He/him
ImageImage
I don't want to set the world on fire
I just want to start
A flame in your heart
Glitter_Goatman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes