The edge of the woods.... [Final Results Up!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: The edge of the woods.... [OPEN!]

Postby OrangeSocks » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:16 pm

Sign-up Time!
Username: OrangeSocks
Link to roll call post: Ari
Prompt response:
Last edited by OrangeSocks on Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orange - She/Her - kalons
    ------------------------------
    Nervous bean doing her best.
    Happy to chat! Lover of D&D,
    Star Trek, drawing, & cats!
OrangeSocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CSMintCat » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:20 pm

You're hanging around the edge of the forest, trying to size up potential participants, when Beni and Iphis approach the sign-up sheet area.
Beni looks a little sheepish.

"Heyyyyy kids.... So uh. The cut-off date for signing up is actually
Thursday, July 19th, 2018 at 6pm EST. I uh. Made a mistake. Have fun!"

And with that he walks off, likely going to do whatever counselor-y duties he has to fufill, Iphis following close behind.
But not before leaving behind a snarky remark.

"It's because Beni can't count."

Last edited by CSMintCat on Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Status wrote:Not v active these days.
Not really replying to trades/messages; send at own risk.
Please remind me if you've messaged me + it's important.
Looking for a Feb. 9th swap!
CSMintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Etherial » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:48 pm

Sign-up Time!
Username: ♡ Minty ♡
Link to roll call post: blep <3
Prompt response:
Alyria eyes the sign-up sheet, intrigued by the doodles that appeared to have been hastily sketched onto the poster. She could only imagine that was Beni's doing as he seemed the more enthusiastic and child-like of the two. "Test of courage, huh?" she mumbles to herself as her eyes once again meet the eerie forest's entry. 'Hell yea' she thinks to herself as she signs her name in cursive writing.

Of course Alyria is exited for the hike. Most Kalons would be put off by the thought of a 'Forbidden dark forest with possible looming creatures ready to pounce on you at any second' but ohh boy, not Alyria! She is thrilled by the thought of anything scary, and after watching all of those 'Top 10 scary things found in forests' videos, how could she not ?! I mean seriously, a ghost girl? Who wouldn't want to see that! I mean.. okay, admittedly probably most Kalons wouldn't but that doesn't stop her.

All she can talk about for the next few days is how thrilled she is about the hike. She can barely wait ! and she totally cough isn'ttt cOugh going to bring her spirit box (a device used to talk with ghosts or spirits) along with her because.. pffft,,, who would do that?
DA - art shop <3 - they/them

hello i'm a mess ethy! I love art, animation and animal crossing :).
    I'm always open as support or even to just chat so feel free to shoot me a pm <3.
Etherial

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The edge of the woods.... - Prompt 1 - Sign Up

Postby 薄桜鬼 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:55 pm

Sign-up Time!
Username: 薄桜鬼
Link to roll call post: click
Prompt Response
Pip stood before the tree with the sign-up sheet attached for a moment, seemingly deep in thought. He had stood to the side for quite a while before finally deciding to come up to the sign-up sheet; he had thought he could conjure up enough courage but as he stared at the sheet, it quickly left. He wasn't sure what he could expect and hadn't done something like this before so his nerves were a bit out of control.

Finding himself still standing there, pen in hand, he began to feel more guilty than anything. What if somebody else was waiting on the pen to sign-up? What if there were kalon around watching him? All sorts of thoughts rushed through his head and guilt started to overtake his nervousness. Suddenly, having an epiphany of sorts, his own promise from earlier came back to him and all the commotion in his head paused. He had promised himself to make the most out of summer kamp, that's right! Swallowing hard, he looked back at the sheet and after a moment, quickly signed his short, three-lettered name. Putting the pen back under the tape, he quickly ran-walked away from the tree. You just have to go for it, Pip! Don't wimp out on things, you gotta make the most of all this!

Word Counter: 219
薄桜鬼

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VanossGaming » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:05 pm

Sign-up Time!
Username: VanossGaming
Link to roll call post:Right Here :)
Prompt response:
Test of courage huh? Mali smiled as she picked up the small, multi-colored rainbow pen. She shifted through the colors, looking at each one, before pressing down on the light blue activator to push the color into the chamber. Happily, Mali scrawled her name onto the paper, observing each page that came before her that was piled with names. As she clicked the pen back into its proper place Mali's thoughts began to run wild. What would befall the long list of names as the days went on? It was a courage test, wasn't it? She set the pen down gently for the next Kamper to come and write their name. Maybe this is where the new friends would come into play? Nonetheless, Mali was excited. She pondered over what kinds of things she would run into while trying to complete this test of courage. There would have to be a lot of trying things outside the box. Things that maybe she wasn't quite used to yet. Mali reached into her pocket, pulling out a bolt, running her paws gently over the little grooves. If nothing else came of the activity, at least she would've gotten to try something new. It's the reason she decided to try and sign up in the first place. Just a little bit of trying something new could go a long long way. The smile lingered on Mali's face as she watched the next lucky Kamper step up and take the rainbow pen. What sort of things could be happening on this hike?

Ezra• Aries • He/Him

Weirdo at Work!!
Formerly known as liongoddess
Always looking for Egypt 2014 Pets!! Feel free to send trades!! Most wanted in my wishlist❤️❤️

My KalonsCheck out Ghostpits!©
VanossGaming

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CharMannnder » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:49 pm

Sign-up Time!
Username: charmannnder
Link to roll call post: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3859303&p=119712492#p119712492
Prompt response:

Pip quickly hurried over to sign up for the hike. She was eager to do anything to get away from her group for a while and get a chance to enjoy nature. Although she is pretty scared of the dark, the two counsellors seemed strong and kind to protect her from the monsters in the forest...at least maybe she'd get a chance to see some cool nocturnal animals! Pip looked forward to bringing out her lizard pail and see if she couldn't take a friend with her back to her cabin. Pip ran over to the signup sheet and jotted her name down, not giving it a second thought. At least it was something to do with the time...and she certainly wasn't going to be sleeping that night, anyways. She couldn't help getting an uncomfortable feeling of something in the forest looming over her...but that was completely off her mind while she was back in her group making bracelets. It would have to wait until later to see what happens...
[img][url=/pet/224344804.html][img]http://www.chickensmoothie.com/pet/224344804&trans=1.jpg[/img][/url]
Pet's name: Duchess <3 my rarest pet <3
[url=/]Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie![/url][/img]

hello all!! im charmannnder, but you can call me char, and i am younger than 18 but older then 13. i cant tell you exactly (hehehe) and i am an autistic and dyslexic artist so if i say or post something wierd dont make fun of me please!! i really like pokemon and animal crossing and i love to talk about animal crossing....so much....

Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3859303&p=119712492
CharMannnder

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The edge of the woods.... [Prompt One Open! Update pg. 1

Postby neon. » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:58 pm

Sign-up Time!
    Username: neondisaster
    Link to roll call post: xxx
    Prompt response: [387 WC]

The Test of Courage- They’d read about this before.
    “It’s the sign of a true summer camp experience,” Goldfinch proclaimed in a loud voice, huddled off to the side of the sign-up sheet.

“I thought the test of courage was for school trips- not summer camp,” Rhubarb sniffed, her brow furrowed in that way when she was concentrating on what she’d read. They all knew each other’s quirks very well.

“Do you think it’d be okay if maybe… If it gets too, uh, scary I can close my eyes? Would you guys be okay with that?” Croissant wanted to be brave and experience everything- but sometimes nervousness was overbearing. And he wanted to get stuck in his own head and drag his siblings down.

Gold cleared his throat, drawing the other two’s attention back to him. “A test of courage can occur in many places- after all, courage can come from anywhere.” That felt like it could be a quote to him. He read lots of books with lots of meaningful phrases- sometimes they blurred together. “It’s okay if you want to close your eyes Cross. But remember, we are here for you- Everyone else is at a disadvantage. If you remember, they have to do this alone. But us? We’re never alone. We will always have each other.” They should put his words into a book, Gold thought. He could feel the air of leadership about him- that was what being in the middle meant!

“I think you should try and keep your eyes open as long as possible, Cross. With you, we can see in all directions- nothing will sneak up on us! We came here to learn. I think missing out on an experience would be a terrible thing.” Gold nodded his approval to Rue’s words. Rue always knew how to phrase things nicely. He liked those dense books best, the ones with all the fancy language and long words. Personally, Gold found adventure books much more interesting. And wasn’t this what the test of courage was? An adventure?

“I’m signing us up- We’re gonna do it!” Goldfinch darted forward, taking the pen and signing all three of their names- a different color for each, of course.

“You know, If it’s supposed to be done alone. Are we… cheating?”

“Shhh Rue. Shhhh.”
neon.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby float away. » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:35 pm

Sign-up Time!
Username: float away.
Link to roll call post: Augusta
Prompt response: [173 words]
With so much new to take it, one of the few things that immediately jumped out to the city-slicker youth was a crudely drawn sign-up sheet for something proclaiming itself to be a "Test of Courage." An involuntary smirk curled its way across the bi-colored muzzle as Augusta angled her hips towards the list, seamlessly altering her direction of travel. How scary could this place actually be?

Lifting up the dangling pen, she clicked down the red ink and printed her name in all capitals at the top of one of the remaining available columns; it was only fitting she scrawled her name at the top as she had every intention of being right up front the entire time. Eagerness began to bubble as she let the writing tool fall, her competitive streak beginning to stir as she strolled away almost bouncing on the balls of feet as she went. Not only was she going to conquer this mystery challenge, she wanted to be the first one to complete it all the way.
SUN IS SHININ' IN THE SKY There ain't a cloud in sight It's stopped rainin', everybody's in the lane And don't you know,
it's a
beautiful
new day, hey
Runnin' down the Avenue See how the sun
shines brightly In the city on the streets where once was pity
Mr. Blue Sky is living here today, hey
HEY THERE MR BLUE, we're so pleased to be with you
Look around see what you do Everybody smiles at you
HEY THERE MR BLUE, we're so pleased to be with you
Look around see what you do Everyone is positive
float away.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Koily. » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:40 pm

Sign-up Time!
Username: Koily.
Link to roll call post: link
Prompt response:
linked for size
Last edited by Koily. on Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image
Koily.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 2246 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:52 pm

Sign-up Time!