Journey to Trinity Tree-- Summer Event Adventure CLOSED

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Journey to Trinity Tree-- Summer Event Adventure OPEN

Postby MySpoons » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:01 pm

New day, new prompt!

Jantzi01
    Prompt C.

You huff, irritated. First that cursed cat, Cormac, and now this? You’re not here to round up anyone who isn’t of fighting age. This is getting out of hand. With a baneful look at the guards to let them know what you think of their capabilities, you stalk off.

Reward; 250 XP

Runnersback
    Prompt A.

Thankfully, gardens are inherently messy places. When you go back to Tederick III’s garden, you don’t find him… but you do find his pawprints! You follow the trail back to the underground city, past some guards (who don’t remember him passing by?), and to an intersection of tunnels. Because of all the traffic that passes through here, you’re not quite able to find out exactly which way he went.

Reward; 250 XP

Firedancer77
    Prompt C.

You huff, irritated. First that cursed cat, Cormac, and now this? You’re not here to round up anyone who isn’t of fighting age. This is getting out of hand. With a baneful look at the guards to let them know what you think of their capabilities, you stalk off.

Reward; 50 runestones

Flicka
    Prompt A.

Thankfully, gardens are inherently messy places. When you go back to Tederick III’s garden, you don’t find him… but you do find his pawprints! You follow the trail back to the underground city, past some guards (who don’t remember him passing by?), and to an intersection of tunnels. Because of all the traffic that passes through here, you’re not quite able to find out exactly which way he went.

Reward; 250 XP

minifun990
    Prompt B.

The second guard sighs. “Well, no one really knows him too well. It’s quite sad, really. Tederick likes to keep everyone out of his life, especially these past few years. Of those that do try to help him, he snaps at us and is prickly until we all give up.” He trails off, looking mournful.

“He’s been really focused on our goddess lately, though. Maybe that can help you? We’re all so busy with this war going on.”

Reward; 250 XP

Frisco
    Prompt C.

Those guards get an earful from you for letting so many of their citizens wander off during such dangerous times. One of them looks tired, the other is properly ashamed.

Reward; 100 XP

Isabella54
    Prompt A.

Reward; 75 runestones

Midnightkitkat
    Prompt A.

Reward; 250 XP

Meekins12345
    Prompt B.

One of them shrugs. “He’s not well known, even though he’s been here since dirt. Not a friendly tom, that one. Got worse with age, ya know?”

You have to stop yourself from snapping at the guard or rolling your eyes. It doesn’t sound like anyone cares for the old cat as an individual. Just general concern for a missing citizen.

Reward; 25 runestones

Kitten-Girl-500
    Prompt A.

Reward; 50 runestones

Goddess Sword
    Prompt B.

The second guard sighs. “Well, no one really knows him too well. It’s quite sad, really. Tederick likes to keep everyone out of his life, especially these past few years. Of those that do try to help him, he snaps at us and is prickly until we all give up.” He trails off, looking mournful.

“He’s been really focused on our goddess lately, though. Maybe that can help you? We’re all so busy with this war going on.”

Reward; 75 runestones

Sunlitsecrets
    Prompt B.

Reward; 75 runestones

-wild-
    Prompt A.

Reward; 250 XP

SurgeFire
    Prompt C.

Reward; 250 XP

ThatOnePython
    Prompt A.

Reward; 250 XP

wucaian
    Prompt B.

Reward; 250 XP

Wet Bread
    Prompt A.

Reward; 75 runestones

EchoIre
    Prompt A.

Reward; 250 XP

Cinxer
    Prompt C.

Reward; 50 runestones

Last edited by MySpoons on Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
-------------------------------------
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | She/Her/They/Them
Pup Parent to Teddy, SDIT

358 Pets Left
to a complete collection

Trades | Auctions
Collection Progress | Art Shop

ABOUT ME
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spotted.Newt » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:32 pm

Username: Spotted.Newt
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt:Tulca-Noen and Acacia
Link to their pride or group: The Cosmos
Prompt choice: C
Prompt:

Tulca-Noen frowned slightly when she heard that the elderly cat, Tederick the Third apparently was his name, was missing. He seemed like a central member of the society here, so if he had disappeared it meant either he didn't want to be found or something terrible must have happened to him. It sounded like many beings had searched for him, but no one had been able to find him yet.

Well, Tulca-Noen had something that the other did not. She had the Force. It would be tricky to find him since he wasn't Force sensitive, but every being has a life-signature in the Force, and if you know what to look for you can find them by it. So, the Jedi Master reached out into the Force, scanning every dwelling she walked by, every alley she passed, every field of grasses. She could sense a general direction, but did not yet have an exact location. It was like a game of hot and cold, and she only knew she was getting warmer.

When she finally found him, she paused. He seemed content. He also seemed close to death. Perhaps this was how he wished to spend his last moments, in the comfort of the one he saw as a goddess. If that was the case, it was not for Tulca-Noen to interfere. As silently as she had come, she left again.

(231/200)
Spotted.Newt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Runnersback » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:54 pm

Username:Runnersback
Link to lion(s) involved in prompt: Diablo
Link to their pride: Realms of L’Oasis Lo
Prompt Choice: C
Prompt:
[202/200]
Diablo’s tail flicked softly as he approached the old grump he helped a few days before and pressed his nose to his neck feeling his lifeless pulse. He definitely looked peaceful in Diablo’s eyes and well he supposed now that the cat was in the goddesses arms he should be left to bask in the sun. Diablo gently picked wild tulips and placed them around the cat’s body. If he did wake up which Diablo severely doubted he would remember the grumpy cat and the rows of tulips. Soon he turned tail and trotted back to the clearing leaving his old friend to ready in peace.

Tears streamed down his face as he met up with his friends and fellow champions. He had lost a new friend but that was life. Diablo would always remember to live everyday as your last and not to get so wound up but just to stop and smell the tulips. This would be his final adventure he supposed before he would sacrifice himself to the cause but he did let the champions who came with him to know everything about the adventures so they could continue them in the honor of the cat and the tulips...

runners/sharkkbait/swiftie
Image🎶 RTF 🎶 cal-vain ©

𝙸 𝚏𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝,
𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑."

𝐼𝓉’𝓈 𝒶 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒷𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒶𝓁𝓉𝓎 𝓈𝑒𝒶
Runnersback

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby /nyx. » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:15 pm

Username: bmkmb
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Imortius
Link to their pride or group: Hawker's Isle
Prompt Choice: B
Prompt: 249/200 words

Imortius enters the ominous area beneath the runed tree. To his slight surprise, that cat that the others are looking for is also here. The tom had not been planning on participating in the search. There are so many felines here and each of them have their own complicated problems. It is almost concerning, especially with the war going on. Not a single cat can have their peace.

But there is something wrong with this image. The older tom has a bouquet of flowers resting in his maw, his ragged tail covering up his nose. He looks peaceful; he looks almost... dead.

Imortius is no stranger to death; he is the god of death, and in that lies the issue he has. He, the god of death, is fighting on the side of life. While Dosatsu, ever the enemy, is fighting alongside the undead army. Their reasoning being to keep.things fair, however odd it might be. At least Imortius has experience dealing with the light, whereas Dosatsu has only ever known darkness.

The goddess is also here, and Imortius can feel its gaze pickling up his pelt. He meets its gaze with a steely glare. It might be because of the goddess, but ever since entering this world, his control over death has faltered. He is bitter about it; Dosatsu still retains all his power.

If the cat really is dead, then why is he here with the goddess of life? Imortius' glare offers a silent threat, a challenge.
/nyx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goddess Sword » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:01 pm

Username: Goddess Sword
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Beatrix
Link to their pride or group: The Wayfarers
Prompt:

The guards' words... No, not only their words. The look on the second guard's as he said them had struck a chord with her. There was a look of sadness in his eyes, the look of one resigned for what was to come, when he spoke of Tederick, and she suspected that her guess may have been right. She was young, inexperienced, and naive, certainly. But she was no fool. She knew what happened as one aged. And it seemed that Tederick's time was reaching its end.

Or at least... it should be. Given all Mitko had said about the goddess and her undying- heh (...No, this was no time to be laughing about poor word choice, Beatrix!) -devotion to life, whether or not it actually would, she didn't know. And given the old tom's recent devotion to said deity...

So she wandered the tree in search of the cat, of the goddess, until she found that familiar hollow. She hesitated for just a moment, but shook her head. She had gone in before and escaped with her life. She would do the same now.

And indeed, in the depths of the tunnel, she found them. Tederick, tail curled over his nose and a bundle of flowers in his teeth, eyes closed as if sleeping... and yet, Beatrix got the feeling, not in a slumber so shallow at hers. And by his side, the goddess.

The cream-colored cat stood at the entrance of the hollow, watching in silence for a time, as if waiting, not wanting to take the chance of awakening him. He had come here in search of the goddess, one who might... she didn't know. Save him? Offer him peace in his last moments? Whatever the case, coming here was, presumably, his prerogative.

Unless the goddess had pulled him into this cavern herself, as if to hide his passing away from the world in the quiet hollow of decay in the tree.

...Suddenly, she had a whole host of other concerns besides just Tederick. So devoted to life, Beatrix thought, would she... bring them here to die? In this dark, rotting place, where nobody could find them? To convince them that death was unnecessary, that it had no place in this world? And then another. Those things that ambushed me... Were they cats once, like him? Were they really agents of the other army, or... were they just cats and lions like her and the others, upset to have their resting place disturbed?

The thoughts made her fur bristle, so uneasy they made her, and she shoved the ideas down as much as she could. Now wasn't the time. She gazed solemnly at Tederick. It wasn't the time.

At last, she spoke, a little whisper, not wanting to awaken him if there was any consciousness left. "Did he come to you?"

The goddess did not answer.

"...Are you going to bring him back? Save him? Or just... let nature take its course?"

Still she did not answer. Beatrix knew that, no matter what she might have said, there could be no response truly satisfactory, anyway. Nobody wanted to die. But at the same time, that was a part of nature, a part of life's cycle.

"...Then, whatever the case," Beatrix said at last, "if and when he does pass on... Please, don't leave him here in the dark, alone. Lay him in his garden to be with the flowers he so loved. Let him become the soil in which they grow, and let his life carry on within them."

And she turned to leave.

If the goddess had a response, now was her chance. But Beatrix, for now, had said her piece.

(615 words)
Goddess Sword

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:33 pm

Username: Kitten-Girl-500
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Subira
Link to their pride or group: Summitfall Pride
Prompt Choice: C
Prompt: Subira, seeing the strange proceedings, just turned around and walked straight back out the tunnel from which she had come. She didn’t even know what to think about that, and she didn’t quite want to know what was happening. Besides, Ravah was probably going to wake up soon. She needed to get down there and be there for him when he did.
SPACEPassing through the entrance tunnel, Subira broke into the root-cavern of Ikaika. She could see that a winged Ikaikan lioness was there, flying around the ceiling as much as she could. A couple of smaller winged cubs followed her, their wingbeats erratic and disorderly compared to the lioness’ smooth, controlled strokes.
SPACESubira hurried through the center district and into Meakanu. It was easy to find the hospital, considering how many trips she’d had to make there lately. For Luina, Ravah, Cycad, herself…
SPACEShe tried not to think of how depressing her current situation was and instead focused on what she could control as she stepped inside the hospital. It was cool and quiet, and a few nurses were around, helping patients to and from their rooms. Subira ducked down the side hallway leading to the foreigners’ rooms, hoping that she could be there for the moment that Ravah awoke.
211/200

───────── ❝ 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆'𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐁𝐄 xxxxxx
you'll never know what could be until you stand up and try. xxx𝐀𝐋𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 !! ❞─── ©

xxImage
------------------------------------------------------
.....Hey there! I'm Kitten, a Christian teen trying
......to love God and love others. I'm especially
......into writing, books, and art!! Not really active
......on here anymore, just here for a few friends
......and some art stuff. Don't expect quick replies
......from me, thank you <3xxxxxxpsalm 119:105

------------------------------------------------------
┍━━━━━━━━━━━━. ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆. ━━━━━━━━━━━━┑
xxxstormbuffearthaoiknick's murdercats
.xxraini-froggemeek the weakshyshie.
xxxxxxxxpanda sistaocean xinqiu
┕━━━━━━━━━━━━. ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ .━━━━━━━━━━━━┙
Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flicka » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:01 pm

Username: Flicka
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Yuki Ferdinand Silent Tranquil
Link to their pride or group: Frostbite Fields
Prompt: Hauling themselves back to the spot where they had last seen the old cat apparently named Ted rick who had blessed them with his grumpy acquaintance, however there isn't much besides tulips there; Yuki and Ferd thought to tread carefully considering the last time they were there Ted didn't want them anywhere near his precious garden. However Silent and Tranquil waved them over, having dared to get closer they had spotted paw prints leading back in the direction of the city. She cocked her head quizzically wondering why if he hadn't been going to the city that these foot prints would apparently lead there? Discussing it amongst themselves, before deciding to follow them, and they did in fact lead to another tunnel but none of the guards had seen the old cat.

Although at first the party does not seem to know where to go, after asking around they discovered the old tom liked to see the goddess often though, the reason why wasn't apparent; No one seemed to know how often or why. Seeking out the Trinity tree where the goddess's domain was, they arrived to see the goddess and the cat they had been looking for. Yuki gasped running ahead of everyone having met the decrepit beast and learning more about the world then perhaps the goddess wanted the adventurers to know, her voice crackling "What did you do?" glaring at the goddess while her party looked confused. The beast had said the goddess wanted to live forever, is this how she did it?

(257/200)
Last edited by Flicka on Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Wmes~Senegal Zebras~Crownies
ImageImageImage
Now accepting Commissions!
Flicka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:02 pm

Username: Sunlitsecrets
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Calypso , Barley
Link to their pride or group: Starheart's Regiment , The Wanderlust
Prompt Choice: A!
Prompt:
"Tederick!" Calypso exclaimed. She ran forward, towards the tree, and to the cat lying at the base. Her black and white friend, Barley, rushed to follow her on his smaller paws. "Oh gosh, Ted, are you alright?" The lion knelt down at his side and wondered what she was supposed to do. "Come on, man, you were fine just a little bit ago."

Barley finally caught up with Cal and frowned in worry upon seeing the feline, apparently asleep among the roots of the tree. "He's not - dead, is he? There's no way."

"He'd better not be," Calypso said. She tapped the feline on the back. "Tederick, are you there? Having a good dream, I hope? It's time to wake up, people are worried about you. All these guards wanted us to find you. You've gotta keep your garden going, right?"

Cal motioned for Barley to go off and find a medic, or a guard, or someone who could help in case this was a medical issue. Oh, she hoped it wasn't. Then she returned to speaking to the feline. "I loved seeing all your flowers. They're really pretty. You said you've been working on it for a long time? That's dedication."

All there was to do was to wait, and hope.
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minifun990 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:18 pm

Username: minifun990
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt:Melli
Link to their pride or group:Mystic Isles
Prompt Choice B
Prompt: Melli has to close her eyes for a moment to hide the horror within them. Lions die all the time but somehow it was so heartbreaking to see Tederick lying there. He might not be dead yet but it angered some part of Melli that after overcoming challenges, fights and heartbreak if you got past all of that you ended up passing away for the simple reason that you’d spent too long on this earth.

“I thought you were supposed to prevent things like that happening goddess.” Melli murmured, her eyes opening as she looked into the tree’s eyes. It burned a little, staring head on at the goddess but Melli held the gaze for a few seconds until her eyes watered from the sting of celestial power. It definitely wasn't tears. No way would Melli be spilling tears for some cat she had never known, never even talked to.

“You could've at least told someone to get the guards to stop looking for him you know. Some lions were worried.” She looked back at Tederick, he seemed so peaceful. Melli couldn't imagine it, why didn't he fight for his life. Melli would never give up. She couldn't help but look at her paws, without a single speck of grey aged fur. I wouldn't give up would I? Is old age that bad?

(223)
"𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑔𝑒𝓉𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔"

-𝓖𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓓𝓮𝓮𝓻

Cloud Cows

Sig cycles gear deer - Click to go to thread :)
minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snapshot » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:48 am

Username: snapshot
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Mamba
Link to their pride or group: Lions of the Waves
Prompt choice: C
Prompt:

Mamba searched everywhere he could think of that an elderly gardener might disappear to. Given the lion's temperament, he figured that Tederick probably wouldn't be anywhere with lots of other lions around. He was probably somewhere private and quiet. And clearly that quiet spot was somewhere no one else had though to look yet. He must be really well hidden if no one had been able to find him yet.

Mamba finally checked the last place anyone would think of to look- the trinity tree itself. And there, curled up in a nook, was Tederick. Mamba stopped in his tracks. The old cat looked so peacefully, his tail draped over his nose, flowers in his mouth. Mamba had seen enough death to know what death looks like. But this was the most peaceful scene he had seen in a long time. For that he was grateful. It was far better for a lion to die of old age when he is ready than for a lion of any age to be struck down in battle. Perhaps the latter seems more heroic, but Mamba prefers the former. He himself hopes for a full life, and then a peaceful return to the Great Lion.

Mamba left Tederick alone. He then went to inform the guards.

(213/200)
snapshot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me