Rise Summer Event: Dark Skies | Path 2

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Rise Summer Event: Dark Skies | Path 2

Postby lex » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:16 pm

Writing Prompt!
Username: lex
Clan Thread: FernClan
Prompt Writing:

There were few cats that wandered both this far out of HazeClan’s territory and into the unclaimed forest that lie southwest of it. Fawnbreeze had not seen anything except an apprentice that had gone too far beyond their borders, or occasionally Lilystar or a medicine cat on the way to speak with StarClan. She had never been to the place they went, a cave known as the Whispering Cavern. However, it didn’t mean she wasn’t intrigued. StarClan had never spoken to her before. Well, that was, until now. If those cats even could be described as StarClan cats. They smelled and spoke strangely, and the words the she-cat had spoken intrigued and worried her.

A terror you have yet to face
takes the due it thinks owed.

Darkness shrouds your given place
as cats fall to the unknown.

The world crumbles at your paws
as pestilence roams the land.

Two become one is the price it bids
if you so wish to make your stand.

The prophecy rang again in her ears as if her mind had captured the very essence of the words. She didn’t know how to even start trying to interpret the thing. She glanced over to her friend, a once-enemy, Dustybriar. She was sound asleep, her flanks restfully rising and falling, giving no indication that she’d heard anything that transpired between the cats.

But, still, how could she do anything? It was just her and Dustybriar. Could the two cats have made a mistake? Had they meant to go to Lilystar instead? Surely she wasn’t the one meant for the prophecy. “I’ll speak to him in the morning,” she whispered to herself, and curled back up near Dustybriar’s side.

The next morning, she apologized to Dustybriar. Then, she set off for HazeClan’s camp. It was a journey she’d made several times before; accompanied, usually, by paranoid warriors, but occasionally alone. This was one such occasion. She bounded through the dividing grasslands with ease before she reached the pine forest.

As it was in the early hours of the day, the camp was more quiet than usual, but she could still smell the strong scent of HazeClan before she pressed into the camp. Almost immediately, a warrior stopped her, narrowing his eyes. “Halt! What are you doing here?”

“I’ve been here many times before,” she said confidently, hazel eyes staring the warrior down.

His response was quick and calculated. “What are you here for, then?” His hackles did seem to smooth out somewhat, though; he recognized the loner. She’d been in camp a couple times before.

“I need to speak to Lilystar. Would you be so kind as to take me to him?” Her words seemed polite, but her tone was almost annoyed. The warrior didn’t look pleased, but he turned and beckoned her forward with a flick of his tail. He stepped aside when they finally reached the leader’s den and she pressed her way inside. As her eyes adjusted to the darkness, she saw Lilystar’s figure inside. In the darkness, he almost looked ghostlike as he leaned forward, delicately eating a mouse.

“Morning. I haven’t seen you in a while,” the tom spoke, licking his lips and curling his tail around his paws.

“Yes. I’ve no time for pleasantries, though,” she said, glancing towards the entrance. The warrior had left, so she stepped forward and spoke, though she still quieted somewhat. “I received a… prophecy of sorts last night. I don’t think it’s for me, though. Perhaps… it may be for your Clan. I fear for all of us, though, Lilystar.”

The tom’s blue eyes looked tired as he stared up at her. Finally, he let out a sigh, one that sounded too old and too exhausted for a cat as young as him. “I’ve never been led to not trust you, Fawnbreeze. Tell me what you know.”

(notes: i did not include the prophecy as a part of the word count, since it isn't unique writing; also, lilystar & hazeclan are owned by vixen the shiba!)
lex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadowflight13 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:03 pm

Writing prompt 2 is now closed.
The art prompt will remain open for the rest of the event.
only here to post art and run. best way to reach me is discord (Shadowflight13#6850)

I take art commissions for USD. message me on discord if interested! <3

join me playing dappervolk :3c
Shadowflight13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadowflight13 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:06 pm

You have deliberated. Hecate needs a decision.
Will you band together like the prophecy foretold or will you make your own stand?

[United We Stand] [Divided We Fall]
only here to post art and run. best way to reach me is discord (Shadowflight13#6850)

Shadowflight13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:59 pm

Writing Prompt!
Username: TheSongOfTheStars
Clan Thread: Songclan
Prompt Writing:
446 words
Wildeyes stalked back and forth across the floor of her den, tail switching back and forth, sweeping up dust.
Outside the pair of mockingbirds that made their nest in the tree above twittered and called erratically, their voices sharp, as if they knew, but otherwise it was quiet, which pleased Wildeyes well enough, her thoughts in and of themselves were loud enough.
Pestilence, pestilence, pestilence, it rang like a bell in her mind, tolling over and over.
She could only wait for Sandclaw and his scouts to return with whatever word they had gathered.
A while later the birds cut off their singing abruptly and Wildeyes lifted her head as the sound of running filled the birdsong void.
With no preamble or even slowing down, Sandclaw came blasting into the den, heaving for breath, followed by a pair of scouts who were equally out of breath.
"What happened?"
Sandclaw waved her away as he sat down, the scouts all but collapsed.
"You...first," he wheezed "What's been happening here?"
She sat next to him, at first curling her tail over her paws, but the anxiety overrode her and soon it was twitching again.
"Oracle delivered his prophecy."
"Did it ryhme?"
"Not really, it was more of an ominous chant. Anyway it's mainly doom, death, destruction, baisic plotline for any good old prophecy. The main points are pestilence and coming together to work as a team to save the day."
"You sound cynical."
Wildeyes glared up at the ceiling "Even my optimisim has its limits and this is it."
"The stories are always better to be telling than to be living."
She huffed "The stories don't endanger the lives of the cats in my clan."
"True," Sandclaw slowly pushed himself up and gave himself a shake to dislodge the worst of the grime from his scouting trip "But there might be more than a little truth to their story."
"Is that what the rush was all about? I almost hoped something was on fire."
He forced out a biiter laugh "Every stray and rogue we came across, even Hollowmoon had heard, everyone, everywhere, was talking about rumors of a plague, no one was carrying it, at least not as far as I could see, but unless Hecate's gone to this much trouble to spread a lie just to form a closer alliance, I think it's real."
Wildeyes was dead silent for a moment, then she nodded as if coming to an agreememnt with herself "No cat is to have close contact with an outsider, if someone is carrying the disease we must not allow it to spread to Songclan...and I think we need to speak to Hecate.'

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadowflight13 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:04 am

Point totals so far:

Faededfyre: +5
Bmkmb: +10
NightWolf950: +5
lucifer morningstar.: +5
SurgeFire: +5
Weegeestar5: +5
Lex: +5

Shadowflight13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rise Summer Event: Dark Skies | Path 2 | Prompt 4

Postby Shadowflight13 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:00 pm

»»———— • ————««

The approach of sunhigh has your nerves on end, both expectant of and dreading the coming meeting. Your clan seems tolerant of their partnership, for the most part, more concerned with the ill cats around them than they are of working with the rogues. Perhaps you should have taken it up with all of them originally. Then again, they might not have been eager to work with previous aggressors before the sickness had started creeping upon the clan; disaster was a good motivator.

When it comes time to depart you take your healer and two of your warriors, not wanting to seem like you're distrustful of Hecate by bringing too many cats but wanting to be cautious, regardless. You won't be surprised if she has others at her side just as you do. The trip to the edge of your territory is dull, which you can only be thankful for. The quiet was better than the wet coughing ever present in the medicine den now. The quiet chatter of your clanmates behind you soothes your frayed nerves, proof you're all still alright for the time being. You can only hope it stays that way in the days to follow.

You reach the meeting place before Hecate and her cats, it seems, and all of you settle down to wait. You can't help but remember a similar situation when the rogues had first gotten to your territory, where you had had a meeting in much unfriendlier terms. You were sure you never imagined this, then; your clan working with the rogues against a common enemy. It was almost funny how fast situations could change.

A rustling shakes you out of your head and you snap to attention, ears shifting forward. A quick scent of the air calms you, the scent of the rogues clear in the air. They follow shortly, pushing into your meeting place. Hecate offers a nod of greeting and you return it before allowing your eyes to stray to her companions. Etna is present, along with Pan, and you're glad for the friendly faces. She has another cat you don't know with her, and after a quick once over you turn back to her. You understand why she may have left the Oracle at home; the tom wasn't the friendliest and didn't seem concerned with much of went on around him, but you're confused at the absence of Janus. He was a little two-faced based on your interactions with him but he was smart, and from what you understood, one of her advisors; his presence seemed to be warranted.

Before you can second guess your inquiry, you open your mouth, "Did Janus not wish to come? This seems like something he'd be interested in." The immediate prickle of discomfort in the air tells you this was probably not a good subject to start with, but before you can try to brush over it Etna is speaking up.

"He's dead."

You blink at the abruptness, started by the shift in the usually polite tom. It takes a moment longer for the words to sink in. "What," you snap out, more exclamation than a question, "When did it happen?" The tom had been nothing but kind to you and had played a part in stopping the war with the rogues before it happened. You can't help but be a little ruffled by it, even if you hadn't known him well.

Hecate's shoulders raise a bit, her posture slouching. It strikes you, that even though they had seemed to be quarreling when you first met them, that she had been mending relations with her group. There was no telling how close they had ended up getting, and, from what you understood, they had been good friends before their original falling out. His death probably affected her more than it seemed to. "A few months ago," she eventually offers. "We don't know what happened." And you could imagine how much that stung.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to open old wounds." You shift uncomfortably on your paws, not happy with the tense shroud hanging over everyone now. Turning your attention to Etna again you ask, "How's Nike? She must be close to grown now?" It doesn't completely rid everyone of the somber mood but it's a good enough change in subject.

Etna practically lights up, as he seems to do with anything concerning his sister. "She is! Bigger than even Pan now," he chuckles, "And, between us, in a little bit of a moody young adult stage. She'll grow out of it eventually."

Hecate sends him a disbelieving look at this, and you can't help the snort of laughter when you remember that even as a kit she had quarreled with the tiny she-cat. To see them interact now.

Rolling her eyes Hecate cuts in, shaking off anything that shows beyond her usual indifference, "While catching up is pleasant, we have bigger concerns right now."

Despite the terseness of her tone, you can't help but agree. "Right. Did you get any more messages? Or figure out what they want us to do?"

The rogue leader shakes her head, tail lashing. "No, they've gone quiet. And I don't know beyond what the omen said. I have a feeling it's only going to get worse. And it clearly wants us to work together to solve it but I'm not sure how we're to do that. How do you stop the spread of a disease you don't even understand?"

"I don't know. Perhaps there's something causing it? Something they mean for us to stop." You're grasping at tails, you know. All of you are working blind on this, but you can't imagine what else they could mean. They wouldn't tell you to work together to stop something with no cause, that would be pointless.

Everyone stews in silence for a moment, trying to puzzle out the riddle you'd been given when Pan speaks up. "You guys have good ancestors right? They're the ones that sent our healer the message. Don't you have bad ones too? Couldn't they be doing something?"

You all stare at him for a moment in various states of surprise. Your own healer is the first to recover, springing forward, eyes bright, "We do! They normally don't have enough substance to them to do anything but if something were stirring them up, perhaps they could."

"Stirring them up?" Hecate asks, eyebrows drawn, "What do you mean?"

"Some source of energy. Another cat, most likely."

"A cat's doing this? Who would want to ruin both groups?" You don't know who says that, too caught up in your own whirring thoughts, staring at Hecate. You shouldn't be so caught up on it, but something Pan had said bothered you. Their healer had gotten it, was what he had offered as an explanation, but on the first night in your den, Hecate had said the Oracle had received it. The old tom had no paw in healing last you remembered, and you don't know why Pan would call him that, anyway; not when he knew his name. Had they gotten a new healer after Janus? And if they had why wouldn't Hecate say the prophecy had come from them instead of the Oracle. Perhaps she had been- "Clan cat." Your attention jerks to Hecate, face curious. You could see the others looking at you in your peripheral as well. Had you missed a question?

Huffing, Hecate asks, again you assume, "Do you know of any cat that would have such a quarrel with you that they'd want to ruin your clan? Or my group?"

You shake your head in response, awareness filtering back in. Maybe you were thinking too hard about this, and it had just been a slip of the tongue. Like Hecate had said, you have bigger things to worry about.

"Well. Clearly, we won't solve who's behind it sitting here. Perhaps we can all send out more patrols. If a cat is causing this they have to be around." She turns her eyes to your healer, "Maybe try to talk to your ancestors? They may know. I'll ask the Oracle to try to as well."

"Talk to your elders too, maybe they remember events or old enemies you don't," Etna adds, smiling a little. "We'll figure this out, I'm sure."

You envy him his optimism, you have no such hopes over a quick or good conclusion. You can only wish to be proven wrong. "That's all we can do right now. I'll send word if we find anything, you'll do the same?"

Hecate nods, rising to her paws. "Luck be with all of us. Let's hope we can resolve this before cats start getting hurt." She signals for her cats to fall in behind her, leading them out of the clearing with head and tail high, exuding confidence you can't muster at the moment. You suppose you'll all see.

With a huff you get to your feet, waving your own cats into a loose group. "Let's head back. We can start looking into it when we're home." Despite yourself, you feel grim about the whole thing. If a cat was causing this you had more trouble than just sickness. Any cat foolish enough to meddle with dark spirits was one that had no care for the havoc they brought about. This could easily be the end of all of you.

»»———— • ————««

Prompt 4: What does your leader think about the idea that dark spirits could be behind the disease? How do they plan to investigate the matter further?

Art Prompt 4: Draw your leader and the cats they took with them to the meeting, either on their way there or at the meeting itself. Feel free to include Hecate and the rogues as well.

Hecate | Oracle

»»———— • ————««

End Date: This writing prompt closes at 11:59 pm EST on the 16th. The art prompt does not close.

Code: Select all
[b]Writing Prompt![/b]
Username:
Clan Thread:
Prompt Writing:
Code: Select all
[b]Art Prompt![/b]
Username:
Clan Thread:
Prompt Art:
Last edited by Shadowflight13 on Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shadowflight13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:21 pm

Writing Prompt!
Prompt Writing:

"Curiouser and curiouser," Firefly said and Sandclaw and Bearheart nodded in agreement.
Wildeyes pressed a paw to her forehead in hopes of staving off the oncoming migraine.
"They think it's evil spirits," she turned a fierce glare towards Graystorm.
"Yeah, what was all that?" Nightlily headbutted the healer in the shoulder roughly "Oh the dark spirits don't USUALLY have enough substance to cause any trouble BUT-"
"Wildeyes said be diplomatic! I was trying to be diplomatic!"
"Diplomacy isn't blurting out the first thing that comes to your mind, beetleface."
"Wildeyes!"
"No name calling, Nightlily, honestly," Wildeyes wished the young warrior would chose some other time to act like a kit.
"Okay, but what if," Firefly started giving herself a dust bath in the middle of speaking "And I emphisize the IF, there could be a cat out there who is carrying the illness....That's all I got."
"Carrying it in what?"
"Not like that BEETLEFACE."
"Firefly!"
She rolled over and shook a cloud of dust from her fur "There isn't some idiot out there carrying a bag of plague and just spreading it around whenever they feel like it...Wildeyes no, Wildeyes stop it, stop smiling that is really, really, REALLY, not what is happening."
"It would be so much simpler if it was," Wildeyes sighed and let her face settled back into that old familliar scowl "Okay. Maybe instead of worrying about who or WHAT is causing the plague, we should try to think about how to stop it. What is exactly the plague and can we cure it."
"Well," Graystorm pointed out "To do that we would have to know what is causing it."
Wildeyes gave up and laid down, wrapping her forelegs over her head and plastering her ears flat "Yes," she half whispered, half hissed "To do that we would have to know what is causing the plague."
Bearheart settled next to her "Sandclaw on the scouting trips did you hear of any specific symptoms the ill suffered?"
Sandclaw shrugged and flicked his tail "A few, but they were vauge."
"Graystorm, you think you could work off of that?"
"Not really," Graystorm ducked away from a buzzing insect. A second later the frog that was perched between the healer cat's ears snatched the bug out of the air.
"Alright, well, talk to Morningblaze, see if you guys can't come up with something or other," Bearheart shook his head "We'll figure this out Wildeyes

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Only_Sky » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:01 pm

Writing Prompt!
      Username: Only_Sky
      Clan Thread: Fogclan
      Prompt Writing:

Back at camp, Ashstar lay stretched out upon the leader's stump, soaking up the warms rays of sunlight streaming through the gaps in the canopy. Around her, the camp hummed quietly with life as the clan went about their daily rituals of patrolling, sharing tongues, and of course, gossiping. Although she nor Sunclaw or Minkpelt had uttered a word to anyone else of the nighttime disturbance a few days before, aside from Adderfang and Hawktail with whom she had taken with her to the meeting at sunhigh and had been sworn to secrecy, Ashstar knew that the clan wasn't full of mousebrains.

Already, she could see the glint of curiosity and suspicion in some of her clan-mates' eyes, perhaps someone had seen her and the others slip out in the quiet of dusk, or perhaps had overheard their whispered words, carried by the wind. No matter which it was, it was clear that whatever information known was being slowly passed along like a feather in the wind. Despite the likely confrontation she would soon face from one of her more bold clan-mates, demanding to know what was going on, Ashstar had more important things to worry about at that moment.

Every cat in the clan knew of Ezra, the spirit of the dead, who guided the spirits of the clan to the afterlife. Clan lore spoke of how each cat had only a short opportunity to find the entrance into the afterlife before it closed, and Ezra had themselves missed that opportunity, and so vowed to aid each new spirit to their afterlife so that they may not face the same lonely fate. Is it possible that.. perhaps there are other lost souls, ones with malicious intent, who wished to harm those in the land of the living?

She shook her head lightly. It seemed so preposterous, the idea of the dead having such power as to bring disease and destruction to the living. Why would they do such a thing in the first place? Since the beginning of time, the cats of Fogclan have been strong and proud in their beliefs, wishing to protect and keep peace upon their land, rich in blood and history, one could say that the clan's heart rests with it's home. In the past, there have been cats known to have rejected the code, and those cats are imprinted into history as monsters that caused death and brought destruction to the clan. Yet, the clan has survived each and every battle it has faced. So what kind of danger lies ahead that even strangers feared?

It was rare that spirits ever even wandered into the land of the living, there are stories of instances where cats told of seeing ghostly cats wandering the marches, cats who had heard eerie whispers carried in the breeze, and cats who found tufts of fur, pawprints, and scents that seemed to appear from nowhere.. Never before had there been such an account of the spirits of the dead presenting themselves fully to a cat, let alone inflicting suffering or disaster. Could they really be the ones Oracle spoke of?

The grey molly sat up and stepped down from her post, turning her paws into the direction of the fresh-kill pile, her stomach rumbling gently at the fresh scent of robin. This all sounds like kit-tales. Perhaps Minkpelt or Oracle will see something else that will give us more clues as to what's coming..
Only_Sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby /nyx. » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:55 am

Writing Prompt!
Username: bmkmb
Clan Thread: SeaClan
Prompt Writing: Chriafol mouth tasted foul at the thought of some darker spirits causing the disease. While it was known that things like that had happened before, he never would have thought about it being what was warned in the prophecy. SeaClan had managed for so long without sickness that he had been hoping that the warnings were false. Then again, they hadn't been confirmed yet, but it was better to be prepared in case they were true.

"Dark spirits?" their healer, Meadowsky, had asked as he conveyed to her his thoughts from the meeting. She thought for a moment. "Do you think that..." she didn't say his name, "... might be going back to his old ways?"

Chriafol had shaken his head at the time. The unspoken name had, of course, been Tiger. But he wasn't bad anymore, nor was he in the first place. And besides, they were gods. He didn't want to blame the disease on them. Lion would have stopped Tiger in any case, wouldn't he? Unless the Guardians didn't know. But if they didn't, why stop contact with the Clans?

He had gone to Jayclaw and Darkmoon after that, hoping to find out some more. They agreed on the same. It could be Tiger causing their problems, but in any case, he would've been stopped. No one knew what had happened between Guardians, but it was known that long ago, Tiger had been, not evil, but corrupted. Being reborn as Tigerstar in taking control of ShadowClan and such. But details had been lost to history. Not much knowledge of the time had remained, but of Lion finally clearing the shadows from the beast.

Chriafol sighed. Only those with the power of shadows would be able to a disease. Water healed, fire burned, air calmed, and wind boosted. Fire and shadows were the only two elements that harmed, and only shadow could cause pestilence in any way, shape, or form. But enough with that. He decided to look to WarClan's leader for assistance. She was in this too, of course, and honestly, though it could be argued against, he was sure that her assassin knew more of this than both of them combined.

It later turned out that though there were dark rituals that could cause harm to cats, the Captain and her assassin were insistent that none of them could have been used because SeaClan's territory and surrounding area just did not have the right requirements to activate them. And it was farfetched enough that cats living around SeaClan would even know about them, seeing that except for them and their band of rogues, no one knew that they existed. It was a WarClan family thing, they insisted.

So it came that since the only thing left for him to do was to find out more about his own past, Chriafol decided that it was necessary for him to learn what he could about the tales of the Guardians in the time of the past. Why had SeaClan done so bad at recording their own history, anyway? One would think that it would be important to know, especially now, in a time like this. Chriafol paced to think. Unless the answer was obvious, he only had so much he could try to do for the fate of both his and Hecate's clans. He wasn't a healer, after all.
/nyx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:13 am

Art Prompt!
Prompt Art: 2

TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me