Lions of the Cosmos: Contest of the Month Thread

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Lions of the Cosmos: Contest of the Month Thread

Postby Queen Vivane » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:36 pm

Username;; Queen Chrysalis
Chosen Lion for Contest;; Zalaen
Current Development done;; Name & Element
Proof of Current Development;; Claim Form
Final Development w Proof;;

-EownerContest-
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fire At Heart » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:19 pm

Username;; Fire at Heart
Word Count: 601
Chosen topics to write about;; traditions (specifically the armor), lion facts (traits), pride life (training)
Final written lore or interesting info you found;;

Traditions:
The armor is a lions proudest possession. The moment they chose their armor they officially reach their final form. Many believe this to be their shining moment in their adolescent. A lion wears their armor for life and they wear it proud. Ceremonies are held for each adolescent when they reach the end of their training, this is where they get to chose their armor. It is a small ceremony held in the Grand Chamber with only the Alpha, Secondary Leaders, family, and mentor allowed. During the ceremony they are presented with a multitude of armor, which was crafted with the finest materials a lion could find. Many have said that when they found their armor it seemed to speak to them, almost as if calling out to them to pick it. After the choosing of their armor the Alpha blesses them and the small congregation of others celebrate with the new adult. The celebration is short as the new adult must leave to preform his/her first assignment on their own. When they return their is often a small congratulation celebration given by the other close pride members.

Lion Facts
Each lion varies in their build and size, but on average most lions are around ten feet tall. Males tending to be a little taller then the females. As far as length goes, they generally are around 16 feet long, thought this varies depending on height. Some lions rank like the mole are generally shorter with a longer torso, where as the tanks tend to be more bulky and tall. Many pride lions tend to have average length hair, though this can vary if their element is extreme temperature wise. Those with wings are almost always scouts, just as those with sharp ears are generally trackers. Males are also normally sorted into two categories pride males, seen with a larger and fuller mane, and warrior males, seen with a smaller mane. Their tails is one of the things all lions have. It is a forked tail, that is mostly used as a weapon. The tail can also concentrate their powers before they strike, making it a very deadly weapon.

Pride Life
Training is mostly for the warrior lions, though scouts and trackers train too. Warriors can generally be seen mock fighting in an open area. In the fighting arena the warriors use their element and other skills to unwind and sharpen their fighting style. It also help them prepare for the rebel attacks by keeping them on their toes. Races are also used in training by all ranks of lions to keep them fit and limber. Scouts generally train by having a mole go out and hide to see if they can find them, this also trains the mole to help them go unseen. Unlike warriors their races are in the sky to keep their wings strong and agile. The oddest training belongs to the moles. They train by racing to see who can get to coordinates as fast as possible and receive a message then go back, but they must stay under the ground the entire time. This helps improve both their digging, speed, and listening capabilities. Finally, trackers train by having another lion hide an object around or near the pride. They then must find the item and the lion within a certain amount of time. Though they race it is not as important to them as the other two. Besides this, they also train their ears and nose by catching a Taxon then letting it go to track it. They do not harm the creature just simply see who reaches it first.

-ENon-ownerContest-
Last edited by Fire At Heart on Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Fire At Heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pety » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:55 am

( Reference: Image )
( What I need to develop: Likes/Dislikes, More Backstory,
Why she doesn't remember her past, Fears and Reasons behind them,
her Age, birthday, her Scent, Theme Song/s, Orientation,
Relationship with Reidar/her side on training him, accessories?, … )
( Note to self: Do not edit the proof posts, create a new post
on the character page with any new info/development. )

Username: Pety
Chosen Lion for Contest: Remus
Current Development done: (Name, Nickname, Alias, Gender, Element, Elemental Abilities, Loyalty, Rank, Personality, Relationships, Story, Armour, Fun Facts, Mate reasoning, ...)
Proof of Current Development: Adoption form (Last update: September 19, 2016) ,,
Character page (Last update: September 20, 2016) ,, Den info (Last update: October 11, 2016)
Final Development with Proof: Here

-EownerContest-
Last edited by Pety on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pety

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pengu. » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:01 pm

Username;;
Chosen Lion for Contest;;
Bolero - Male - Warrior: Tank - Fire
Current Development done;;
Name, Rank, Element
Proof of Current Development;; (Screen shot, website link, etc.)
http://sta.sh/0m7lqjl1h91
Final Development w Proof;;
http://pengusigloo.weebly.com/bolero.html

-EownerContest-
Last edited by Pengu. on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Limited activity due to working full-time.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact me on dA, TH, or discord if need be.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hobbit Geek » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:50 pm

Username;; Hobbit Geek
Chosen Lion for Contest;; Adonis
Current Development done;; Name, element, short description of personality, and basic ideas for his history
Proof of Current Development;; All current info here
Final Development w Proof;; here

-EownerContest-
Hobbit Geek

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby broken* » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:34 am

mark
Last edited by broken* on Mon May 01, 2017 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
--phoebe -- she/her -- pansexual--
broken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:17 pm

Sorry for the delay in Judging this everyone! Will have everyone's results here tonight and have those totals tallied to the LOC bank! The next contest of the Month shall begin shortly after this post and the results from the previous months!

Results! April 2017
      starry—knight : 30 Credits & Medium Item Voucher
      Red weasel : 30 Credits & Medium Item Voucher
      Fire at Heart : 30 Credits
      Pety : 30 Credits & Medium Item Voucher
      Pengu. : 30 Credits & Medium Item Voucher
      Hobbit: 30 Credits & Medium Item Voucher

Congrats all and thank you for Participating in the Contest of the Month!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery