Sqim - Staff Application (OPEN)

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Sqim - Staff Application (OPEN)

Postby rcbbie » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:48 am

Username - Account ID: rcbbie + 1092642
Any past/current experience in being an artist for a UMA?: I don't have any experience D:
Position applying for: breeding helper!
Example Sqims
My simple sqims:
- for this one, I just wanted to go with a simple design and a cute colour scheme! I wanted it to appear simple from afar but more detailed up close. I basically just thought he was a cute little guy :3
- I really wanted to create a sqim based off of the beautiful colours that come from sunsets! I really like the moon eye detail hehe but yeah I think this sqim is quite cute and I'm quite happy with how it turned out!

my complex sqims:
- since I am applying for a breeding helper, I though I would do a breeding between some sqim!
- the first litter is between my sqim Hildegard #134 and HABZ' sqim he designed named Giuseppe STAFF #011 (pm me for proof of permission!)
the parents wrote:Image+Image

ImageImageImage
- for this litter, I decided to combine the lines and colours of the parents :D
- the first baby is inspired by the paper on the fish of Giuseppe but with a more muted colour pallet taken from Hildegard. I think this is my favourite of this example litter!
- The second baby is in the colour scheme of Hildegard with lines and patterning more similar to Giuseppe!
- The third baby is in the colour scheme of Giuseppe. I wanted to use some of the pattern choices from Hildegard on this sqim but in a pastel colour pallette

- the second litter is between my sqim Unum #001 and HABZ' sqim STAFF #016 (again, pm for proof :D)
the parents wrote:Image+Image

ImageImage
- for this litter, I decided I would keep the lines unedited and just swap the colouring :D
- I thought both of these came out so cute!!!

Thank you for reviewing my application!! :D
rcbbie on discord! he/him :D
I love my boyfriend <3
wermz archive! . sqim archive!
rcbbie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby m00nmaiden » Fri May 17, 2024 2:44 am

Username - Account ID: m00nmaiden + 960831

Time zone: central time zone !

Any past/current experience in being a moderator for a UMA?: I was a questing moderator for SlumberDrakes when they were last open !

Position applying for: explore thread helper

Tell me about how you goes about moderating: efficiently and in a timely manner ! I have relevant skills / experience of that nature because of my irl occupation, and can effectively communicate with others ✨
res

Bee • adult • isfj • she/they • ttrpg enthusiast • gamer • student

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
m00nmaiden

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghostlad » Fri May 17, 2024 3:28 am

Username - Account ID: ghostlad 955149
Time zone: EDT
Any past/current experience in being a moderator for a UMA?: yes! I am a moderator for both meesks and acionyx, as well as rafficorns which is just starting up! I am also the co-owner of my UMA and I take care of all the moderator stuff + rolling dailies and actively setting up and interacting with our discord!
Position applying for: discord moderator and/or explore helper idm!
Tell me about how you goes about moderating:
- I try to be as active/punctual as I can, while I am a student and work a part-time job, I often have time to check discord throughout the day and I am active most mornings and evenings.
- While moderating, I try to apply all the rules quickly yet gently as I can, especially if it's a user's first time breaking one, or it's something okay like mistakingly talking in the wrong chat.
- I also am very capable of separating my own feelings regarding a situation and what should actually be done, and apply the rules in a fair and objective way.
(also regarding explore helper - I love rolling my UMA's expeditions and would be more than happy to help out with dailies in this UMA too!)
wip!
ghostlad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpookyAsh » Sat May 18, 2024 1:59 pm

Username - Account ID: SpookyAsh - 1104539
Any past/current experience in being an artist for a UMA?: No, this will be my first UMA if I'm accepted!
Position applying for: Either Sqim Maker or Breeding Helper - I'm okay with either! I do think I might prefer Breeding Helper though :]
Tell me about your designs: My two Strange Sqim are based off of real life lizards! The yellow one with a thick tail (which I've been calling cheesesqim for simplicity) Is based off a leopard gecko, specifically my pet leopard gecko named Cheddar Cheese Burger! The other strange Sqim is based off of a Chinese Water Dragon, a lizard species that I got from a random lizard picker.
My two Standard Sqim are basically random designs I pulled out of my head that I thought would be easy to create color variations of, if they were to ever be part of a litter. One is based off of a fudge dipped cookie, that I put sprinkles on for visual interest, and the other is basically just an excuse to use orange prominently in a Sqim, because it's my favorite color.
Example Sqims: Image Image Image Image

(Edited because I accidentally unbolded the first thing lol)
IM LITERALLY METAL SONIC IRL GUYS I SWEEEAR
Connoisseur of all pets orange!
They/It

Image Image Image Image Image Image
SpookyAsh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LittleWonderBean » Thu May 23, 2024 7:13 am

Username - Account ID: LittleWonderBean 769124

Any past/current experience in being an artist for a UMA?:
no. I've only participated in other users UMAs as a member. Now that I am more confident with my art I would like to gain experience working with UMAs

Position applying for: Sqim Maker

Tell me about your designs:

panda
Pandas to me come off super silly so I figured they would be perfect for a Sqim critter. I imagine them with their favorite snack and sitting somewhere comfy.
my attempt at a straw berry cake colored panda and I let my fiancé pick a synth wave palette for the second panda.

Shrimp Sushi
I haven't seen a lot of food inspired Sqim. Lets take the goofiest aquatic critter and turn them into food.
On todays menu we have a pink shrimp sqim sushi and a tiger shrimp sqim sushi

Foo Dog
I think these fellas might be a little too small for their ball.. Don't worry hes friendly. This tough guy will protect its chosen owner from dangers that may lurk near.

Standard
Decided to go with 2 cat patterns for one. Color point with the face and paws, and then a leopard print on the back and arms.
The last 2 I named Hungry Jelly Bones. You can see right through to their skeletons.. and apparently what their last meal was.

Example Sqims:

Pandas
ImageImage
Shrimp Sushi
ImageImage
Foo Dog
Standard
ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImageImage
🅂 🄲 🄰 🄼 🄿 🄸
LittleWonderBean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snailshoes » Wed Jun 05, 2024 1:30 pm

Username - Account ID:
snailshoes + 377017
Time zone:
CST (central standard time)
Any past/current experience in being a moderator for a UMA?:
I have current experience with being a moderator within the UMA, Aeros. I was a guest artist for DOGGIN's and TownShip in the past as well, and helped to enforce rules within the threads and in the discord. I've been on CS since 2012, and have been in and out of adoptable species, so I like to think I have good knowledge on what goes into these tasks. Outside of UMAs, I also have experience with general discord moderation.
Position applying for: Discord Moderator

Tell me about how you goes about moderating:
While the most important thing that comes with UMAs is having fun, rules and hard work also goes into it!
I like to make sure everyone in the community is comfortable and content, and while I may have a soft approach, I can handle disengaging arguments, changing topics, and gently pushing others to follow the rules that not only the UMA has, but CS rules as well. Rules are something I am very keen about.
I do have a job outside of CS, but I am always checking the server and reading chat, and the forums. I think its important to keep an eye out for any issues, questions, and behaviors!
While the community is beyond important, I also like to think that being a moderator helps others within the staff team as well. I will help wherever I am needed, and will do whatever is asked of me. I want to help make this species fun and comfortable for everyone!
I do have a habit of asking for clarification, double checking with my fellow mods and staff, just to make sure everyone is on the same page. Communication is very important in communities like these!

thank you for considering me!
call me snail!
he/him or he/they
snailshoes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me