[✦] arkade - ESCAPE ROOM [CLOSED]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: [✦] arkade - ESCAPE ROOM [DAY 3 OPEN]

Postby lovage » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:01 pm

Username + Number: lovage | 817593
Link to Sign-Up: xxx
How do you get Naera talking?
serene never truly had his luck with riddles, just a self-doubt of sorts. so, when he heard of naera loving sea shells, he knew he just had to try his luck at that.
finding naera in the escape room, he pulled out his secreted object. he waved to naera before approaching. “hey, naera, i heard you like sea shells quite a bit. i thought you might like this one,” serene said as he held something out in front of him. it was a conch shell. “i heard some special things about this type of shell! legend has it that if you put an ear to it then it’ll let you hear the beautiful ocean. and, some type of sea creature is attracted to it, though i forget exactly what the legend said it was, if you blow the conch shell.”

from his perspective, naera looked intriguing by it. so, he just had to add one final thing to entice naera. “of course, they are just legends, but are they truly?”
lovage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyar » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:38 pm

Username + Number: Kyar (320861)
Link to Sign-Up: !!!

I tremble, I quake, I leave destruction in my wake. I reveal hidden depths and mysteries down below, leaving some stuck and stranded with no place to go.
Earthquake

I'm the king of the ocean, the jungle of the reef; I usurped my way to get here, now come bow at my feet. I wear stripes but no tiger am I, now come give me my crown, don’t be shy. Careful though, I'm not the safest to touch, for I'm of poison and I wouldn't test your luck.
Lionfish

Though there are many who may look like me, I am the one with the largest wingspan of the sea. I stay with my one true love forevermore, for flying through the skies without my other half beside me is such a bore.
Albatross

You know me, you eat me, you throw me in all manner of dish, and to guess me currently now is your wish. You recognize one form, but my true one is a surprise, and beneath my very own apple, I lay and grow as the prize.
Pineapple

A map of light, oh what a sailor's delight. Though sometimes I may be obscured, I am always there, watching, of that you can be sure. I always move but never change, and within my endless depths are stories of many names.
Stars

In a smooth smile or ragged snarl my lips remain transfixed, my teeth that line my mouth and throat ever growing sharp enough to prick. I have many paths and entrances, a great deal easy to miss, but as the wind runs through me you’ll find them with a hiss. By water and sand I call my home, with some slipping down my mouth, now who am I, what am I talking about?
Underwater Cave
Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby outlaw. » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:33 pm

Username + Number: gecko 992197
Link to Sign-Up: xx

I tremble, I quake, I leave destruction in my wake. I reveal hidden depths and mysteries down below, leaving some stuck and stranded with no place to go.
Earthquake

I'm the king of the ocean, the jungle of the reef; I usurped my way to get here, now come bow at my feet. I wear stripes but no tiger am I, now come give me my crown, don’t be shy. Careful though, I'm not the safest to touch, for I'm of poison and I wouldn't test your luck.
Lionfish

Though there are many who may look like me, I am the one with the largest wingspan of the sea. I stay with my one true love forevermore, for flying through the skies without my other half beside me is such a bore.
Albatross

You know me, you eat me, you throw me in all manner of dish, and to guess me currently now is your wish. You recognize one form, but my true one is a surprise, and beneath my very own apple, I lay and grow as the prize.
Cacao

A map of light, oh what a sailor's delight. Though sometimes I may be obscured, I am always there, watching, of that you can be sure. I always move but never change, and within my endless depths are stories of many names.
Stars

In a smooth smile or ragged snarl my lips remain transfixed, my teeth that line my mouth and throat ever growing sharp enough to prick. I have many paths and entrances, a great deal easy to miss, but as the wind runs through me you’ll find them with a hiss. By water and sand I call my home, with some slipping down my mouth, now who am I, what am I talking about?
Island Cave
xxxxxxxcredit

howdy ! I'm outlaw, she/her 18+ ENTP
cat + cowboy lover

outlaw.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[✦] arkade - ESCAPE ROOM [DAY 3 CLOSING POST]

Postby AboveAspen » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:39 pm

The pair stand expectantly at the final marker on the map - the pocket watch Major had been holding had gone off with its usual tune that signalled the end of the puzzle. It seems that just about everyone had been able to solve the riddles given to them and made their way over to where Naera and Major stood... but you can never be too sure. As Naera ran off to go and count heads, Major stayed behind and kept his arms cross. His eyes scanned over the crowd in front of him, as if mentally picking out individuals...but what for?

That's a wrap, folks! It's time to pack it up and head home - or is it?

We hope you enjoyed the riddles we had planned out for you for Day 3! Expect more fun puzzles to come your way with Day 4!
Last edited by AboveAspen on Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Aspen | She/Her | ISFJ

My Kalons

Archivist for Bleubs
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
sig art by verseo on DA
AboveAspen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[✦] arkade - ESCAPE ROOM [DAY 3 RESULTS]

Postby 76heart » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:30 pm

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Thank you to everyone for participating in the third day of the Escape Room! I probably should have made the first riddle the last one as it's the one that tripped nearly everyone up, but nonetheless, I hope you all had fun, and again we're so sorry for the wait <3

"I am so sorry darlings, I believe I may have made a couple riddles too hard, though thank you to those of you who spent time with me regardless."

Use CTRL + F to find your name!

If you are not listed here and feel you have been missed in genuine error, please message either myself or AboveAspen and we'll get you fixed right up!

RIDDLES  AND  THEIR  ANSWERS

❝ I tremble, I quake, I leave destruction in my wake. I reveal hidden depths and mysteries down below, leaving some stuck and stranded with no place to go. ❞
The Earth

❝ I'm the king of the ocean, the jungle of the reef; I usurped my way to get here, now come bow at my feet. I wear stripes but no tiger am I, now come give me my crown, don’t be shy. Careful though, I'm not the safest to touch, for I'm of poison and I wouldn't test your luck. ❞
Lionfish

❝ Though there are many who may look like me, I am the one with the largest wingspan of the sea. I stay with my one true love forevermore, for flying through the skies without my other half beside me is such a bore. ❞
Albatross

❝ You know me, you eat me, you throw me in all manner of dish, and to guess me currently now is your wish. You recognize one form, but my true one is a surprise, and beneath my very own apple, I lay and grow as the prize. ❞
Cashews

❝ A map of light, oh what a sailor's delight. Though sometimes I may be obscured, I am always there, watching, of that you can be sure. I always move but never change, and within my endless depths are stories of many names. ❞
Stars

❝ In a smooth smile or ragged snarl my lips remain transfixed, my teeth that line my mouth and throat ever growing sharp enough to prick. I have many paths and entrances, a great deal easy to miss, but as the wind runs through me you’ll find them with a hiss. By water and sand I call my home, with some slipping down my mouth, now who am I, what am I talking about? ❞
Island Cave

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Three or Less Riddles Correct
+ 5 Tickets
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

You did good! Congrat! You may have needed to retrace your steps a bit and try again, but you still found it and did so well!

It seems Major is stuck at a crossroads of being proud of the riddles he and Naera had come up with, or disappointed in the fact that you couldn't solve them - what a tricky situation it seems he has put himself in. Regardless of whatever decision he has come to, you're happy to be receiving tickets none the less. You thought for sure that you would be getting an earful from the man. Something along the lines of "blah blah blah, I'm not surprised, blah blah blah clean up your mess", but perhaps he is saving that for a later date. Hey, you tried your best and that's all that matters!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
deerbroken
a u r o r a
angelsruin
Sinful_Lies
Kyar

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
At Least the Last Answer Correct
(if you had 3 or less)
+ 8 Tickets
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

You found the final entrance!

"Well, at least you made it." You had felt pretty good about your answers up until this point. Well, considering where everyone else seems to be, maybe you shouldn't feel too terrible. At the very least, Major hasn't given you any sort of long lecture or icy glares. That in itself should be a victory "Here ya go kid. Congrats on uh... doing just okay? Yeah. Just okay." Welp, there it is - that backhanded comment you had been waiting for. Oh well. Tickets are tickets you suppose.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
solos

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Four or More Answers Correct
+ 10 Tickets
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

You did so well!

"I wouldn't beat yourself up over it kid, it's supposed to be hard. The fact that you even made it this far is surprising." It's hard to tell if that was supposed to be a compliment, or him taking a dig at your intelligence. It's likely something in-between, knowing Major. To justify his "kind" words, Major hands you a few more tickets then you were expecting to receive, as well as a warning to "not spend them all in one place." Gee, thanks dad. Maybe Naera was right. Had Major done something different to his hair?

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
ford
DragonOfEmber
-pidge
SilhouetteStation
LostInTheEcho
avianAnnihilator
astrafrack
benrey.
IndigoBlues
Khada Jhin
VoidRinkusu
KVShadow
Frisco
FluffyBirdie
cerb.
honeycreeper66
Calibri
Rosemoon
Mnemosyne
tremolite
Divantae
Catskitten
Amplify
kolyakun
APH Siantia
ky-on
PikachuTori25
Newmaker
fish-juice
bakuraas.
薄桜鬼
aeth
pangur.
twinkle park
SilentMelody
trans
LivingLethal
quiche cat!
Ucanthandleme
Grey_Hoodie
fuiuki
sapphirelion
CSMintCat
iBrevity
*Starshimmer*
shadow9119
cosmosfox
LuciferFalling
VenomousParadise
ares
Deercan
ThatDragonAdara
altiora
Brackensnake
ThatPinkThing
Lillybear
Namida_☾
ilya
Annie15970
Aey
corvidous
SaltyBirb
rustyroxy
Missing✖
Baylin
Safe_Haven
nermal1999
Broccoli_Bento
uηsρεcifiεd ¢ryҏtiɗ
dolly
Sobble
lonk
Yautja
NightMareRose
cypheriius
Madziu
MelonBreeze
gecko

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
All Riddles Correct
+ 15 Tickets
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

You made it passed all of my little tricks, excellent job!

Staring closely at your map, scrutinizing every detail, and then up at the markers in the path in front of you, you think you know the answer. It's tricky, no doubt a purposeful question, but after pondering it, you know you have to be right. The answer is the Earth, for it is the earth that quakes, and earthquake is merely a name. You hand touches the delicately painted marker as you pass it and step onto the path, confident in your choice. You look down to your map, and follow it's instructions to the next set of markers; some plastic wind up toys you put in the bath hanging from some branches, and some toy of a fish that is so beautiful you feel it could only be from another world. Your gaze finds the lionfish instantly. Didn't you read somewhere that lionfish were invasive to coral reefs? That has to be it! You march on, pressing through the forest that's begun to thicken around you, and you come to some feathers marked with a picture, and a hastily done drawing of Major and Naera. Albatross, easy, next riddle. The path is sandy beneath your feet, and you can feel a few pebbles in your shoes, but you don't stop. You come to an abrupt halt when you come to a collection of very bizarre plants however, and you look down at your map, thinking this has to be some mistake. Oh, no, it's not. By the gods, is that what a cashew looks like? Why does it have a face? Maybe you'll need a little break from them in your snack mixes after that. It's the only thing underneath an apple thing, so you decide that has to be it, and press on. You pass the question of the stars with ease, needing only to look up and see that the ceiling's been painted with stars to know it's true, and then finally you come to the entrances of two caves, and a sign pointing to a mountain tunnel, and another to a ship. Theres one above land, and one beneath. You decide it has to be a cave from the clues, but which one? You'd rather not submerge yourself in water if it's not the right choice, or take a jump into a cave below. You look back to the riddle on the map, now a bit sandy with some leaves, and read it again. Hissing wind... hissing win- ahah! It's the one above land, the island cave! Ever so carefully so you don't fall in, you walk up to the edge, and see Major waiting with Naera inside. She perks up instantly upon seeing you, giving you a wide smile and an excited wave. It looks like you made it first, and she gives you two thumbs up, though it takes her a moment to figure out the gesture.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
PleaserOfCrowds
Stormowalf

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Get Naera Talking - Unsuccessful Attempts
+ 5 Tickets
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Naera thanks you for spending time with her! It seems she didn't quite catch on to what you were going for, but she gives you some tickets with a bright smile as a thank you for giving her some of your moments.

Wiccan Witch - Mischief wrote:Mischief living up to their name, would grin and sidle up to Naera. "So, I love riddles!" They'd talk incessantly about their favourite riddles, and then- "So, what's the answers to your favourite riddles? Like this one!" They pointed at one of the riddles, puppy dog eyeing the other kalon. Maybe this will work?
Naera turned, a bit startled, as a kalon with pretty, blue hair sidled up to her, grinning. Before she could greet them, or get another word out, they burst out with words of their own, and her eyebrows raised as they excitedly confessed to loving riddles. She quickly smiled and gave a nod. "I love riddles as well, they often bring me a great deal of joy." Naera listened patiently as they rambled on about their favorite riddles, and then raised a brow as they asked what the answer to one of her favorite riddles was, while pointing to one of the riddles on their map and giving her some puppy dog eyes. The answer to her favorite riddle like one of the ones on the map? Hmm. There were so very many she loved, which should she share? Which would this one enjoy most? She noticed the wings on their form, and the feathers in their hair and shine. Ah, that riddle would do nicely. "Well, where I am from, in the land I call my own, we have a riddle about a fish that can fly." She flapped her hands for some emphasis, before knitting her fingers together like a butterfly. "It's a quite beautiful riddle, truly. The answer is of course a flying fish, but there is a slug many find to be the answer as well."

booshweasel - Sammie wrote:Sammie listens intently as Naera rattles off the riddles. It doesn’t take long for them to realize they’re completely stumped, and their only way past this point is to talk. Maybe if they get Naera talking, she’ll let something slip out? First they need to find a way to befriend her, get on her good side before trying to wiggle the answer out of her. And hey, if that doesn’t work, at least they’ll have made a new friend! Sammie isn’t at all confident in this plan, yet they’re determined to try. As Naera finishes the final riddle, Sammie pauses for a while in thought, only they’re not thinking about the riddle. They’re thinking about how to trick her into talking. Finally they notice her seashell shine and decide that’s as good a place as any to start. “Say, I notice your gorgeous seashell shine... Do you like seashells too? Do you collect them, maybe? I find seashells really awesome, and I used to collect them actually! If you collect, I would LOVE to hear about your collection. Any cool ones? Maybe I have some left from my collection that I could give you, if you want!!” They chirp sweetly, in a nonchalant yet passionate tone with big friendly eyes. Inside, they’re crossing their fingers that this works, and wondering what the heck they’re going to do if they get caught.
Per request of a young one with red hair upon their forehead and a rainbow cascading down their back, Naera read out all of the riddles on the map, taking care to go through them slowly and pronounce each word without her faint accent, so they could best hear her words and take them in. Upon finishing reading them out, she turned, and raised a tentative brow and tilted her head when she noticed they were wrapped up in thoughts. Did they have a question? She waited patiently for them to speak in case they had something on their mind, and when their voice reached her several ears, her features instantly lit up. They thought her shine was gorgeous? It had been so long since she had heard someone mention it, it felt like she was back home, hearing how the shell looked just like her mother's. She beamed even more as they asked if she loved seashells, and if she collected them, and she gave an enthusiastic nod in response to both, overjoyed to then hear they found them delightful too. They used to collect them? Oh how she missed her collection back home, and the shelf she had dedicated to them within her room. Her expression practically melted as they told her they would love to hear about her own, and then offered to give her one of theirs. Their chirped words were nonchalant, but so very sweet and spoken in a passionate tone. Her heart felt warm. They reminded her of an old friend who would bring her shells when they were very small. Those shells always got the best places upon her shelf, no matter how plain; they were favorites of them all. "Oh darling, that is so sweet. I cannot express my words of gratitude for your offer and sweet words. I would love to see any shells you wish to show me, though I would never ask you to give up one of your own for me." Her eyes were soft, and earnest, and so very touched. "As for my collection, I could not bring it with me, but I have found some special ones here in this land. I've placed them around the room. Come, I shall show you if you'd like."

lovage - Serene wrote:serene never truly had his luck with riddles, just a self-doubt of sorts. so, when he heard of naera loving sea shells, he knew he just had to try his luck at that.
finding naera in the escape room, he pulled out his secreted object. he waved to naera before approaching. “hey, naera, i heard you like sea shells quite a bit. i thought you might like this one,” serene said as he held something out in front of him. it was a conch shell. “i heard some special things about this type of shell! legend has it that if you put an ear to it then it’ll let you hear the beautiful ocean. and, some type of sea creature is attracted to it, though i forget exactly what the legend said it was, if you blow the conch shell.”

from his perspective, naera looked intriguing by it. so, he just had to add one final thing to entice naera. “of course, they are just legends, but are they truly?”
Out of the corner of her eye from where she was taking a moment to tidy up some things, she saw the movement of a wave, and upon turning, realized that someone was waving at her. He was soft looking, mottled and gently spotted with shades of navy and creamy orange, and held a shell within his hand, which she watched closely as he approached. Even from that distance, she could tell it was an utterly beautiful conch shell, and when they got closer to speak, her heart nearly melted at the shell's beauty. Her eyes tore from the shell to them when they held it out and spoke to her, and her expression softened. They wanted to show her a shell they thought she might like? That was so very sweet of them. She was absolutely touched. She tilted her head curiously as they continued, listening as they explained how they had heard some special things about the shell, and went on to speak of it's legends. Oh, so those tales were only fable here? The tales of calling a beast from the sea should rightfully be secret in this land as well, but were they not able to hear the ocean, the whispers of her home here? She looked back to the shell, intrigued, and then up again at the kalon as he continued, adding one final thing. "Of calling beasts, I cannot speak, but hearing tells of the ocean? That darling, is very true." Naera waved a hand over the shell, brushing it ever so slightly with her long fur. "Why don't you try and listen to it now?" There was a twinkle in her eye, and a smile upon her face.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Wiccan Witch
booshweasel
lovage

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Get Naera Talking - Winner
+ 10 Tickets
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Naera gave you the location! You were able to find it in no time, and you've found a friend in her too.

waffle02 - Tad wrote:Tad, being the small child that he is, wasn't really old enough to answer such difficult riddles. He also figured that Naera would end up giving him the answer eventually anyways because she was so sweet and he was pretty convincing if he started to tear up.
As Tad sat thinking though, he continued to notice that Naera's face turned a weird shade of red when she looked at Major...interesting...

She did seem to glance his way a lot, which is the same thing that Tad's friends who kissed all the time did (which is very gross in his opinion). He stared towards Naera and inspected her closely, wondering if maybe this could be used to his advantage. He really didn't like homework, and riddles are basically just homework that tries to confuse you on purpose.

Tad continued to stare at Naera instead of looking at the riddles. Eventually she noticed his disinterest in the game and turned to him with a worried look. Tad put on his most adorable innocent face and waved her over for help. Once Naera walked over Tad waved her even closer, like he was going to tell her a secret. She leaned down and Tad asked a sudden question...

"Hey Naera...why does your face go all red whenever you are around Major? Do you *gasps* like like him???"
Tad looked up at Naera with big eyes, hoping to not only get one answer but preferably all the answers on the riddles too!
By the time she saw him, most had gone on hunting for the answers to the riddles already, and a few had already come her way to spend a charming moment with her. She was about to head to where Major was in the cave already waiting for the players to find the temple, but this small one was watching her, and what if something was wrong? "Darling, what's wrong?" He waved her closer, and when she leaned down to better hear him, he suddenly asked her a question with a gasp, a question that had her very taken a back. Her eyes sharply widened and she had trouble not standing right back up, a startled expression upon her features and a blush on her cheeks. Why did her face go red? Di- did she like Major? She was frozen with her mouth open for a moment, her mind struggling to take in the words, before she finally managed to compose herself and look down at the small being. "Do I- She took in his big eyes, and his soft colors of green. He reminded her a little of a tadpole, but that realization was far back in her mind. Were her affections for Major truly that obvious, so obvious that such a young one could see them? She swallowed, taking a moment to find the words.
"I, ah-" She cleared her throat, clearly struggling to find the words to answer. Her cheeks only heated up more. "I- I confess that I care a great deal for Major. He is most..." Naera tailed off, her voice softening and her eyes gaining a slight far away look. Her whole form seemed to relax, and without fully realizing, she moved to sit beside the child. "dear to me. I did not expect to meet someone here who I would hold in my heart so dearly." Her lips pulled into a smile, and she looked down. "I had such a lovely time setting up the temple cave within the start of the mountain where it meets the island with him last night, after we put in all the markers. It took me a while to get the paint off of my fur. We laughed so much and I-" Abruptly, she stops, realizing what she just said, and flushes again, looking to him apologetically. "Oh, I am deeply sorry darling, I fear I may have gotten carried away. I bid you good luck sweet small one, and hope to see you at the entrance soon." With a smile, she got up from her seat behind him, and bid him adieu, leaving him to go and find Major, and hope that her feelings weren't as obvious to him.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
waffle02

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Invalid Forms
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
@tharrot Unfortunately, you edited your form so we have to disqualify you, I'm so sorry!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Noted forms
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
@Calibri you forgot to link your sign up! It's okay this time as you've participated in previous days with it, but just be careful!
Last edited by 76heart on Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
76heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[✦] arkade - ESCAPE ROOM [DAY FOUR]

Postby 76heart » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:30 pm

It took you some time, but you finally found the temple, and you can see Major and Naera waiting for you inside. Beside them is a platform with a set of five idols placed carefully around it. It's intricately designed, with a story of ducks woven around it. There's waves, a great battle from the heaven and see, and a great, large duck that came out victorious. Beneath it is an inscription that looks like.. Duckius? Is this a temple for the duck? No matter, you're sure they'll explain when you get inside. How do you get inside though? Now, that's the question you should be asking, it's an easily missed hole that's just kalon sized hidden behind some large bird's nest ferns, peaking out from the forest floor and the start of the mountain. It's just a straight down jump after you squeeze in, but can you make it without being hurt? Hmm.
Your feet are basically teetering on the edge as you peer inside at them and try and figure out the safest way down, but just as you began to take a step closer to better see your possible options, the soft earth above the cave's stone at the lip of the entrance gave way, and you slid with it into the temple, rolling down inside with an avalanche of roots and grass ands slightly muddy dirt, and bumping right into the alter and causing the idols on it to fall and come crashing down, one nearly landing on you. The moment they clatter to the floor, falling into the dust and dirt of a temple so undoubtedly ancient and old, a burst of thunder sounds from outside. Oops. That doesn't seem good. Not in the slightest. It's probably just from an arkade game set to be a little too loud, but you and Naera still startle and jump in surprise- you practically leaping to your feet and nearly hitting your head-, though when you look to Major, you can see the gears in his head turning, and he's slowly starting to smile. Naera comes over to you to check if you're alright, brushing some debris gently off your shoulders, still too stunned to speak. Major adopts a worried look, like he's about to give some very grave, horrible news.
"Oh kid, you really shouldn't have done that. Don't you know sacred temples are cursed?" Cursed? You swallow, nearly yelping.
You look to Naera to see if she has any comment to ease your fears, but her face only clouds with confusion for a brief moment, before filling with recognition and understanding, and she turns to you, looking grave. "My darling, I'm afraid it's true. This temple is to a god known as Duckius lord of the ducks. We were able to get his idols- his patron friends, on loan from a museum, but they were never meant to be touched by anyone but us, or disturbed from their places. Legend tells of a horrible ever lasting curse." Gulping, you look down to the ducks, their beady eyes and empty eyes burning into you. Naera gives your shoulder a comforting pat, and you a sympathetic look, and then returns to Major's side, who wraps an arm around her. She leans into his touch.

Uh oh, this seems really bad. Major steps away from Naera- the two of them both looking very sad at the separation-, and then walks to the alter, squatting down and squinting his eyes to read some inscription. "My my, it says 'thee who disturbs mine disturbs my idols, shall have a cursed placed unto them that shall last over a thousand years.'" Thunder sounds again, and this time Naera doesn't flinch with you, as you try your hardest not to jump out of your skin. "You've really gotten yourself into a pickle kid, temple curses are no joke. How're gonna get yourself out of this?" You stand frozen, and he shakes his head, but you catch a smile. "Try putting the ducks back in place, maybe then you'll be forgiven, or don't. Your choice, it could get you even more cursed anyway. I'd be very worried if I were you, especially because you've already lost some time for today. Get going, the Escape Room has a time to close, and I hear cursed temples tend to collapse." Major gives you a final look, and then leaves, finally dropping his grave facade and donning a very pleased smirk, and Naera follows, before pausing, and turning to you.
"Good luck."

And now she's gone too, into the next room of the temple set. Leaving you alone to deal with the ducks, and a curse. Major was smiling, but he enjoys difficult games, so you can't say for sure that what he says isn't real. You really don't want to be cursed for thousands of years, what are you going to do?

You look to the ducks.

Beady stone duck eyes stare up back at you, the gems on their chest catching light from where light manages to peak through the temple. Their eyes bore into your very soul, and you begin to feel tears prick at your eyes. They look so sad, so despondent, so broken- except the green one, who looks like this is the first peace they've gotten in years, but the others look so miserable you hardly notice-, what have you done? You're a monster, a terrible, clumsy monster. You have to put them back in their places, you have to get them to the spot they call home.

Uh oh! It looks like you've made some temple gods angry. Probably shouldn’t have touched bumped into their idols. Oops. At least Major is pleased? Maybe if you put the fallen idols back in place they’ll forgive you? But drat, what order were they in? Oh, it looks like there’s some clues, maybe you should read them.

To appease the temple and get the idols back in place, you must read the inscriptions beneath each one and choose which order to put them in.
If you don't get them all correct, no worries! You can still come back for all the remaining days and have some fun. Just watch out for an ancient temple curse, alright? No strange marks appearing on you yet?

If you would like further explanation for how the day works, please see here!

IDOLS AND THEIR CLUES
It's idol day, hooray!

Green Duck
❝ Porridge, porridge. I sit next to the color that sounds a bit like porridge. They won't stop talking about it, please don't make me go back next to them. ❞

Purple Duck
❝ I rest between the colors that make me. Born of grace and angered impassion I dance ❞

Red Duck
❝ I must be on the end, for I only get along with one of my friends. Quack off Jerry and Broomhild, no one likes your fruit cake, it tastes like sand. Sorry, it's true. I'd rather eat vines. ❞

Blue Duck
❝ Between colors of night and seaweed, you shall find me, wings outstretched, and praise Duckius glory be. ❞

Orange Duck
❝ 12 5 6 20 5 14 4 ❞

Choose carefully, like with the riddles there's a sneaky trick!

Please do not quote your forms from previous days!
It didn't matter the previous day as the form was virtually the same, but from now on the forms are going to be very different, and you will not be able to quote them from this point on.

Code: Select all
[size=85][center][img]https://i.imgur.com/D84u7br.png[/img]
[b]Username + Number:[/b]
[b]Link to Sign-Up:[/b]
[b]How did the ducks go again?[/b]
[/center][/size]

76heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes