Sharing Tongues | Variegated

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Sharing Tongues | Variegated

Postby chamomile. » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:25 am

🌿 New prompts posted every 3 days! 🌿

The grey elder smiles kindly as you approach, and pats the ground to invite you to sit down. "Welcome young'un, sit down, it's a lovely day to chat. Back in my day, afternoons like this we would race snails when our mentors weren't watching. I'm sure you have plenty of stories to tell too..."

🌱 🌿 🌱 🌿 🌱 🌿 🌱 🌿🌱
Last edited by chamomile. on Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
chamomile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sharing Tongues | Variegated

Postby chamomile. » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:26 am

🌿 Every 3 days, a new prompt is released, which asks you to tell a story from your cat's life that fits the prompt given. These prompts can be answered with either writing or artwork.
    🌱 Each prompt will have a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each category. Art and writing are compared separately as different categories. The top winners are judged on creativity and effort, not skill.
    🌿 Everyone who participates is rewarded, not just the top winners!
    🌱 Prompts should include and focus on your varis. NPCs are allowed, but should not be the focus of the writing/art. If you do not own a vari, you can still participate! You can use our nonowner NPC, Coaldust!
    🌿 Writing should be a minimum of 200 words, and art should be a minimum of a clean fullbody sketch.
    🌱 There is no max word count, but please avoid writing a novel. For art, comics and animations are allowed, but the focus should be on the art not on having speech bubbles explain everything. Artists may use a sentence or two to explain what is happening in the artwork when posting.
    🌿 Prompts are open for 72 hours and close at CS rollover. If you post after this time or edit your post past then, your entry will not be counted
    🌱 If you have any questions PM me!

first prize: 14 pinecones, 8 tail-lengths climbed
second prize: 11 pinecones, 7 tail-lengths climbed
third prize: 9 pinecones, 6 tail-lengths climbed
all other entries: 6 pinecones, 5 tail-lengths climbed
Last edited by chamomile. on Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
chamomile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chamomile. » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:27 am

❝ What is a mystery that you either
solved or were a part of creating? ❞

Last edited by chamomile. on Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
chamomile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chamomile. » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:27 am

prompt 1 writing
1st: username 🌱 2nd: username 🌱 3rd: username

prompt 1 art
1st: username 🌿 2nd: username 🌿 3rd: username
chamomile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chamomile. » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:28 am

Sharing tongues is now open for posting, and the first prompt is up!
πŸ”₯ rowan/cham/tripp πŸ”ͺ he/him πŸ”ͺ not coming back πŸ”₯
β€’ β€’ β€’
You can transfer/resell any designs i have made up to 2/22/22
x
x

β€’
β€’
β€’
chamomile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby astraf » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:27 am

prompt 1: Greenleaf always leads to boiling weather -
what is the hottest day you can remember?
What did you do to stay cool? wrote:
astraf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PARK » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:50 am

G
        reenleaf always leads to boiling weather β€”

what did you do to stay cool?

the ice is melting too soon this year.

finally, the long night is over. the sun has risen again. days have been getting progressively longer; sunbathing and the melt!

magnus' fur matches the sunsets.

"i think the birds are arriving early." signe muses. he looks like the sky at dusk. the brothers resemble the colder days that retired just weeks ago.

now the lirype are splashed with brown and black, the earthy colors steadily replacing their winter white feathers. lemmings are plumping up. it shouldn't be like this, not yet.

one afternoon is boiling hot up in the mountain valley. the north wind stopped blowing early that morning and never came back, so the cool mountain air wasn't being rushed down the slopes, and it's hot. magnus' sleek black fur, a blessing in the frigid winter months, has suddenly become an inescapable curse, and signe, with his sooty pelt, isn't much better off.

at least the moss is damp.

having soggy fur isn't ideal, but then, neither is heat exhaustion. rolling in the squishy carpet feels pretty great, actually! especially when that light breeze combs its brisk fingers through your damp fur, trapping a chill snug against your skin for a few blissful minutes...

"i want winter back already." magnus huffs, rolling to his feet. signe offers a sigh in return as he lazily watches a vole scamper through the grass.

up on the mountain peaks, the snow continues melting into trickling streams of water.
          (245 words)
Last edited by PARK on Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
PARK

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honeybunchesofoats » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:38 pm

Greenleaf always leads to boiling weather β€”
what is the hottest day you can remember? what did you do to stay cool?

Cat: Hollow

Hollow has had his hands full without rest since founding the Order. While their clan might still be relatively small, their numbers were steadily climbing and without an official appointed leader, it was hard for him to catch a break as he essentially was doing an entire council's job himself. However, after meeting Siren and having her take position as leader, things for Hollow calmed down, at least enough for him to relax every once in a short while.

He could not consider himself a people person though, often times large social gathering completely exhausted the man. On a particularly hot day, the hottest he could remember he was trying his best to cool down, though nothing seemed to be working quite well. He laid under his favorite tree, stretching out in the cool shade, but after a while the sun moved against him and the beating sun was now taking back control. He huffed and moved to the next shaded area before getting fed up as the sun crept his way again.

As he walked back to the main camp, a few of the younger apprentices were trotting along, not seeming to mind the heat too much. He almost snubbed his nose up at them, he couldn't possibly understand how they were so carefree, but once they noticed his presence, the smallest one, only a month or so older than a kit, scurried in front of him with a sheepish grin.

"Good afternoon Deputy Hollow! We heard that you're off duty today! Would you want to come to the lake with us and go for a swim? I'm not sure if you even like to swim much but, we really want you to come!" Hollow looked at the smaller cat like they had 12 heads for a moment before blinking slowly and letting out a deep sigh. "I don't think I'm very-" He cut himself off, feeling the rays of the sun beating down on his black fur, making him entirely too uncomfortable. "Fine. I'll come with you but I won't be staying for long."

Once they made it to the lake, he watched for a while as the other cats dove right in, acting as comfortable as if they were on land. He couldn't lie, it looked like it felt good, but he was grappling with the fact that he was about to let his walls down in front of those in a position below him. However he finally decided to slip slowly into the water, instantaneously sighing with relief as the coolness calmed his body and his mind. He stuck to the shallower end with his eyes closed until he felt a bit of water spray onto his face. Spooked, he opened his eyes, rage bubbling in them, however he saw two of the younger cats snickering and his innate competitive nature came out to play.

He swam deeper and deeper until her was close enough to SPLASH! He laughed as the others squealed in delight and splashed him back. He was remembering what it felt like to have fun, to play, to be a cat acting their age. He always looked back at this memory and grimaced, knowing he let his guard down in front of the younger cats but secretly, he was fond of this moment as well. (553)
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
╔══════════════════════════════╗
When you become untouchable,
you're unable to touch.

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
╔═════════════════════════╗
Hello! Oats/Dante, He/They
Psych, Video games, Art, Anime
Links: Baltics, Toyhouse, DA
Sig insp: Midas

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•

β–ˆ
β–ˆ Image
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
honeybunchesofoats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Syn_cat » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:06 pm

Prompt 1
❝ Greenleaf always leads to boiling weather - 
what is the hottest day you can remember?Β 
What did you do to stay cool? ❞

cats featured - Owlstar(feather) + Flintstream

It was an extremely hot green-leaf day, possibly the hottest day yet. The trees and leaves swayed in the hot humid beeze. The hot blazing sun was rising up in the horizon, sunlight shone throughout the lush green forest. Most cats were in their dens, trying to keep cool but it wasn't enough to beat the heat.

The hot air ruffled Flintstream's fur as she decided to go for a walk to try and escape the heat. She went to the crystal blue river and lapped at the somewhat cool water before she heard a loud splash.

Owlfeather had cannonballed into the river, well what was left of it anyway. The river had started to dwindle since green-leaf begun. It wasn't too bad though, there's still plenty left before they have to start rationing water.

Owlfeather chirped in delight, "You coming in, Flintstream?" She mewed happily, enjoying the icy water as it lapped at her fur.

Flintstream looked at her in disgust, "There's no way I'm getting my luxious fur wet!" She scowled at her best friend.

Owlfeather shrugged, "Well suit yourself." She retorted, as she splashed a paw at Flintstream, a few droplets hitting her beloved fur.

Flintstream scoffed at owlfeather, how dare she do that! She thought angrily, she started to see red. She stomped away in anger and her fur bristled in frustration, it's not worth the effort to fight, especially since Owlfeather has water on her side.

"I'll find some other way to keep cool." She mumbled, owlfeather could barely hear her and shrugged as Flintstream walked away from her.

Flintstream briskly padded away, her paws touching the warm grass beneath her paw pads. She thought about ways to keep cool, the dens were too hot, even though they weren't in direct sunlight. She thought a while about what she could do, that didn't involve getting her fur wet or muddy.

Then it hit her, a marvellous idea struck her mind. "I'll go to the two-leg place! The thunderpaths outside the two-legs den are cool in the shade." She exclaimed loudly, to herself.

She sluggishly walked to the west side of the border and through the forests to get to the two-leg place. The heat started to get to her, finally she arrived, exhausted from her travel. It was still bright as it was the middle of the day. It started to get hotter than the morning sun as the sun rose to the center of the blue sky.

She found a nice little two-leg den, it had a small garden and a white picket fence. She was wary of the monster that lived there more than the two-legs. She didn't mind two-legs as long as they allow her to do her own thing, meanwhile monsters scare the living daylight out of her as they rumble and shake the ground.

She padded up to the grey thunderpath, it was cool to touch, better than the hot grass, however it was still too hot for her gorgeous long fur. She crept closer to the monster, that was sitting on the ice cold thunderpath, hoping to find some place cooler.

She discovered that it was cooler towards the monster, it's still hot, even though it's in the shade , she thought to herself. She decided to go under the monster since it was sleeping. It was like a miracle, it felt like the cool crisp days of leaf-fall. She decided to sleep there, under the monster, with no care in the world as she had forgotten her fears.
Last edited by Syn_cat on Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Syn_cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WolfstormSC » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:34 pm

Prompt 1:
Greenleaf always leads to boiling weather -
What did you do to stay cool?

"Koistar, my pawpads hurt..." Sunkit complained to his leader, knowing full well that she wouldn't be able to do anything about it. He couldn't help it, he felt like his paws were on fire. The ground somehow felt like it was burning him. He lifted his paws to the she-cat, so that she could take a good look at them.

"Oh sunkit..." Koistar gives a small pause, taking a look at his paws. The skin did seem rather hot.

Koistar gave him a small frown, before an idea sprouted in her mind. Perfect, that would do just fine.

"There's an easy solution to that!" Koistar's eyes gleam with excitement as she gives a playful smile, gesturing to the huge waterfall that hides the entrance to the cave that rippleclan call home. The waterwall broke out into a small, shallow stream at the entrance of the cave, giving a little room for cats to get by, but also giving a large area at the base of the fall.

Sunkit stared at her in shock for a heartbeat, surprised that she had an answer for his problem. But he couldn't really swim in there, could he? From the edge, it looked way too deep to him. He peeked at the water for a moment, baffled.

"The waterfall is the perfect place to cool off, just follow me and see for yourself!" She treads lightly through the clearing, stopping occasionally to look behind her, making sure that the kit still followed closely behind.

Koistar stops just short of the water's edge, giving it a quick, approving nod.

"These waters help to protect the clan, but they also make for a lovely place to play in. Even you can play in it too, since this shallow end is short enough." She follows up her statement by confidently moving into the shallows to prove just how small it was.

"Woah! Koistar, you're my hero!" The small tomkit quickly splashes in after his leader, making the water crash loudly. He was glad that he could have someone as kind as her to be his leader. Elkwind, his father, had made the right choice coming here.

The two of them spent their remaining time playing in the water and cooling off while they waited for the hunting party to return. (383 words)

β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬
I'm WolfstormSC, but you can call me Wolf!
He/him or They/Them
World Builder/Writer - Artist - Gamer
Avatar of Thatcher by Crisadence - #160992 on Lioden
Art of Atticus and Vincent by LonewolfKumniver on TH
Beaumont Collies - Return - Stars - VOK - HW
β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me