The Hidden Glade .::. Arts & Crafts .::. CLOSED

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

The Hidden Glade .::. Arts & Crafts .::. CLOSED

Postby Glispa » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:51 am

-- Main Thread -- Glade Lore & Bauble Stand -- Bug-Catching -- Arts & Crafts --
-- Honeycomb Shop -- The Scroll -- Glade Raffle --

----------------------------------------------------

Curious about the teal paint and intrigued by the simple flier, you follow the kit to a small booth in a sunny part of the glade, which was obviously built by someone other than the kit, but was already covered in paint and - oddly enough - sparkles.

"Oh, don't mind the mess! I've just been having fun getting ready!" With a wide smile, she zipped behind the booth, then adopted a serious face. "So, I know you're not from around here. Do you mind helping me learn about you guys with art and stories?"

}|{---}|{---}|{---}|{---}|{---}|{---}|{

Welcome to the arts and crafts booth! At this 'game', you can answer prompts involving your sima(s) or one of the mascots, the mascots being Seed and his children, Soda and Loafus.
Seed || Soda || Loafus

Here, each prompt will have a 3-4 day time limit in order to gain the maximum reward. However, that doesn't mean you can't answer them if you missed the deadline! It just means you'll get a smaller reward.

Before we get into all those details, take a brief look at the few rules and guidelines for the event.

Rules;;

}|{ All species and event rules and guidelines stand.
}|{ Do not complain about the prizes given, they are completely randomized, so I have no control over it.
}|{ Items and simas won from this thread cannot be traded or gifted until the event has ended and they have been archived.
}|{ Most importantly, have fun!

Prompt Guidelines;;
Follow all the guidelines if you would like your submission to count for event-exclusive rewards!

}|{ Forms must be filled out completely, including your full username (no nicknames).
}|{ Prompts must be answered in either traditional art, digital art, or writing.
}|{ Prompts must be answered with an existing sima. If you do not own a sima, you may use one of the species mascots.
Last edited by Glispa on Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Glispa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Hidden Glade .::. Arts & Crafts .::. Rewards

Postby Glispa » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:52 am

Flower Petals
Gives a sima flower or leaf like marking on their body

Morning Dew
Change a Sima’s sclera color to a color of your choice [affects both eyes]

Prickly Vine
Changes a Sima’s eyes and jewel to green

Mysterious Spores
Change your Sima’s pupils to a flower-like shape, leaf-shape or more like multiple dots

Pokey Brambles
Gives your Sima uncommon sized claws

Golden Buttercup
Guarantees a kit with an uncommon mutation in your Sima’s next litter

Enormous Dandelion
[Will remove dwarfism from a sima of any age. For teacups, the sima must
be under 12 weeks old]

Luminous Lily
Removes a Sima’s cooldown between breedings [Note that this cannot be reused and can
only be used on one Sima]

Crystallized Tree Sap
Guarantees a kit in a litter will be a teacup, must be used with a nursery ticket, and will
only be accepted by artists who do teacup rolls.

Magic Sprout
Gives a sima without a green jewel legendary plant growth on their body.

The rolls I use to roll for item results will go here, for my own use and so that if anyone is curious they can take a peak and see what the chances are to win certain goodies!

Base Roll;
1-60 - Item | 61-98 - Honeycomb | 99-100 - Sima
> If form says no to sima roll 1-60 - item | 61-100 - honeycomb

----------------------

Honeycomb Roll;;
1-40 - 15 HC | 51-80 - 20 HC | 81-100 - 25 HC
> If you enter an expired prompt, the honeycomb amount for each roll is decreased by 5.

----------------------

Item Roll;;
1-50 - common | 50-85 - uncommon | 86-99 - rare | 100 - legendary

Common Item;;
1-33 - Flower Petals | 34-67 - Morning Dew | 68-100 - Prickly Vine

Uncommon Item;;
1-33 - Mysterious Spores | 34-67 - Pokey Brambles | 68-100 - Golden Buttercup

Rare Item;;
1-40 - Enormous Dandelion | 41-80 - Luminous Lily | 81-100 - Crystalized Tree Sap

Legendary Item;;
1-100 - Magic Sprout

----------------------

Sima Roll;;
Roll a random sima from the simas I have ready to give out.

Rolls here have been adapted from Fluffy's game to better reflect the amount of work put into the prompts.
Last edited by Glispa on Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Glispa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Hidden Glade .::. Arts & Crafts .::. Current Prompt

Postby Glispa » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:52 am

Prompt:
---

End Date: --- Eastern Time

Minimum Requirements
The minimum requirements for all prompts will remain the same throughout the event.

Writing must be at least 200 words.
Art pieces must be full- or half-body pieces.
Art must be a minimum of a colored sketch OR have clean lines.
Digital art must be at least 250 x 250 pixels in size.

Prompts must be answered using simas. If you do not own a sima, you may use one of the mascots (linked above).
For any future prompts involving teacup simas, you are allowed to use Aster and Zero.
Aster || Zero

Keep in mind that teacup dwarves are somewhere between the size of adult sima's paw and their muzzle! Because of this, teacup designs can be simplified when featured in art with normal simas.

Code: Select all
[center][b]I'm entering for the current prompt![/b][/center]

[i]Username:[/i]
[i]Submission:[/i] (link all art please)

[i]Teacup Roll:[/i] yes/no (if you answer 'no' you will not have a chance to earn a sima by answering a prompt)
Last edited by Glispa on Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
Glispa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Hidden Glade .::. Arts & Crafts .::. Past Prompts

Postby Glispa » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:53 am

Each past prompt can earn you a minimum of 5 currency for a late submission.
However, once prompts have 'expired', you can no longer earn items or teacups from them.

Prompt #1
How does your sima attempt to win the guardians' trust?
All outsiders must be invited into the glade by the guardians, and while they've opened the festival up to outsiders this year, they're still wary. What does your sima do to earn the trust of the guardians?

Possible Ideas:
- Do they somehow attempt to win over the guards?
- Do they earn the trust of a teacup?

Prompt #2
Your sima is meeting the teacups for the first time! How do they react to seeing these tiny simas?

Possible Ideas:
- Do they believe the rumors that they are fairies or do they believe the science behind the mutation?
- Do they think the teacups are something completely different?

Prompt #3
The teacups have taken a liking to your sima and asked your sima to join them for snacks!

Write about/draw your sima enjoying a treat with the teacups! Keep in mind that teacup simas are very small, between the size of an adult sima's paw and their muzzle. Designs can be simplified for art purposes.

Prompt #4
The residents of the glade have asked your sima to help prepare for the festival. How do they help?

The festival is very important to the clan that resides within the glade. How does your sima contribute to their efforts?
- Do they help the teacups carry offerings to the shrine?
- Do they help put up decorations or bake snacks?

Prompt #5
Your sima has spent two weeks in the grove now. What is something your sima enjoys doing with the residents of the grove?

Prompt #6
A midsummer storm has ruined some of the gardens! Write about or draw your sima helping with the cleanup.

Prompt #7
The festival is finally in full swing! What is your sima’s favorite part of the festivities?

Prompt #8
The festival is running low on refreshments! Your simas has been asked to help gather honey from the local hives to supply the juice bar. How do they respond to the request?

Prompt #9
The festival is staring to come to an end, festival staff has started putting away extra stock and organising things for a quick and simple closure once the time hits. Will your sima help clean things up in the end or will they just stand off to the side and think of all the experiences they have gotten to take part in throughout the festival?

Code: Select all
[center][b]I'm entering for a past prompt![/b][/center]

[i]Username:[/i]
[i]Prompt Number:[/i]
[i]Submission:[/i] (link all art please)
Last edited by Glispa on Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Glispa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Hidden Glade .::. Arts & Crafts .::. OPEN

Postby koegami » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:56 am

mark for now

bjorn avatar art by noch
      you can commission them here

koe - adult | mostly inactive | only here for simas
    discord: koegami | toyhou.se: koegami / alavii-cs

ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
koegami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Breado » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:37 pm

I'm entering for the current prompt!

Username: Breado
Submission:
(Sammy)

Teacup Roll: yes please!
Image ~ Image Image Image Image ~ Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gadgetrocks » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:40 pm

Username: Gadgetrocks
Submission: "Bees!?! You want me to take honey from bees?!?" Cazu didn't like bees. They scared him. They were buzzy and stingy and sticky and he was just not a fan.
"Yep! Honey, from bees! That's where it comes from silly." The tiny teacup, Puck was too small to get the honey himself, so he was trying to get one of the many festival goers to help him. Cazu was maybe not the best sima to ask though.
"Come on buddy, please just come on! They're just tiny harmless bees." Cazu looked very uneasy, but followed the teeny fluffy sima onwards towards the hives. Puck brought Cazu through the main festival grounds, past all the food Cazu would much rather be eating then following the woodpecker sima, around the gardens, where plenty of bees were already buzzing, and finally, to the hives. A circle of tall trees covered in vines and flowers, with plenty of bee hives resting in the middle. Puck went and showed Cazu the shed which had the beekeeper equipment in it, Cazu putting it on.
"We typically have beekeepers, but they've been pretty busy with the festival. It's easy though! You can't get stung, so just pull the shelves out, scrap the honey, and put them back. The bees are pretty chill anyway though."
"Ah, okay." He was super nervous, taking a tentative step towards the bee hives. He carefully did the process Puck described, and wasn't immediately attacked, so eventually the process became pretty calming, just collecting honey. Soon enough, he was done, taking the helmet off and smiling at Puck.
"Surprisingly calming. I kinda liked it. Maybe I should get myself some bees. "
(Both belong to me)

Teacup Roll: Yes please!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐

Gadget/Tic Tac - he/they/she - adult

Just a little guy!! Very very into my OCs rn
Not super active

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit
link My Toyhouse
My DeviantArt

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Gadgetrocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rondell » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:32 pm

Username: Rondell
Submission:
    Before the question had even fully escaped Marzmallo's lips, Frankie was shaking her head. Hard. "No. No! I'm sorry friends, but I can not."

"Not scared, are 'ya? A big lump like you?" Then grinned wickedly, prompting a little giggle from Marzmallo. "We do it all the time - gathering honey is a snap! All you have to do is..."

Frankie once more shook her head, cutting the teacup off. "Truth be told, I AM scared. But I have good reason."

Both of her friends seemed taken aback. This was the first time they'd known Frankie to refuse a request for help! She was usually such a good sport... Then tipped his head sideways, his eyes narrowed with curiosity. "That would be...?"

"I'm allergic."

"Allergic?"

"Yes. If a bee stings me, I get very, very sick. As a kit, I almost died. Bees have my respect and my caution. I avoid them whenever possible."

Realization dawned on both Than and Marzmallo at the same time, and the pair shared a shocked glance. "Well, YEAH! I'd imagine!" This was Then."If you're allergic to bees, you have every right to sit this one out!" As he spoke, his cousin nodded in agreement.

"You can help with the cooking afterword though, right?

At this Frankie smiled broadly,showing off her sharp teeth to advantage. "Of course! Cooking is something I can really get into."

"Hopefully not, tall-stuff! All that fur of yours would give people hairballs!!" And with this final witticism, Than led Marzmallo off to find help elsewhere.

Teacup Roll: Yes please!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Visit the Agglomeration!
(I.E. my characters...)

P.S - Happy holidays!!
Rondell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PuddlebyOnTheMarsh » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:59 pm

Username: PuddlebyOnTheMarsh
Submission:
"I'm coming, I'm coming, hang on....I mean wait a minute," Satura said as four teacups tried to pull him forward by his ear fluff and whiskers.When he realized Purpilndillian was actually pushing on his heel he nearly collapsed laughing. They had all been chattering at once and he lowered his head to try to make out what they were so excited about and that's how he got in his current predicament. Enough was enough, he couldn't help if they wouldn't calm down and actually explain. Raising his head slowly, all four tiny Simas hanging awkwardly from his face. One had wings so it finally let go and flew away but the others were clinging on for dear life.

"i'll let you down if you stop trying to talk all at once, Sern, how about you?" he asked softly. "Yes sir, definitely sir!"he said, drifting slowly in a circle, hanging from his ear. Satura lowered his head and the three remaining dropped off when the ground got close enough. "The drink booth ran out of honey and there is a huge crowd demanding to be served. We've checked everywhere and all the hives we know of have been harvested already, what are we going to do!?"Satura turned around, opened his cupboard and pulled out two half gallon jugs, "will this be enough?" he asked with a grin

Teacup Roll: yes please

Pet's name: Pushmi-pullyu
PuddlebyOnTheMarsh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Glispa » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:25 am