Journey to the Trinity Tree - Summer event prompts

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Journey to the Trinity Tree - Summer event prompts

Postby snapshot » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:56 am

Username: snapshot
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Mamba
Link to their pride or group: Lions of the Waves
Prompt level completion: 5
Prompt: June 11
Last edited by snapshot on Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
snapshot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frisco » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:20 am

Username: Frisco
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Sen, Rei, Varjo, Marlevort, Fantom, Moe, Lasan, Siare
Link to their pride or group: Night Watch | Purradise Lost
Prompt level completion: 5
Prompt:

They should’ve spend the rest of that afternoon coming up with plans and ideas for what to do should the next wave of enemy forces attack, but the newcomers were too overwhelmed with the strange new world to focus. In the end they settled on using some free time to explore and chat with the locals and in the evening they would set back down to strategy.

Sen and Fantom took a stroll around the area surrounding the tree of the goddess. Lasan did not join them. A lazy walk with his parents was no the idea of a good time for an adolescent lion. Instead he joined Moe and Varjo in meeting, quite possibly, everyone who lived here.

The two observed the multicoloured trees and the midnight sky with fluttering lights and talked about what happened in their respective worlds over the last few days when they were separated. Their discussion, though politely, was interrupted by a small ginger and black cat.

- Excuse me, mr. Leader?

- Yes? - the two lions stopped and turned to the little cat.

- I’m sorry to interrupt you, but I think there’s something you should know.

Sen smiled and nodded, encouraging the cat to speak. He told them about having listened in to a conversation between two soldiers. They spoke of plans of burning the tree of decay under the cover of night to end the war once and for all.

- However - continued Marlevort, sitting comfortably on the soft grass. - I don’t think it will stop anything. I hope you don’t mind me sharing my opinion? - he tilted his head slightly and watched Sen.

Fantom put his paw over his mouth.

- Oh my, you’re ever so polite. I hope it rubs off on some of our watchmen at least a little bit.

- Go on ahead - said Sen with a little smile.

Marlevort took a glance at the tree of the goddess, as if sorting out his thought before he started talking.

- Right now we’re a part of a war of gods. The champions and the denizens fight are fighting over who’s right and wrong, but if a tree is actually destroyed… I feel that it would cause hate between the two groups and they would start fighting out of rage and revenge. It would be the spiral of mutual contempt. The war would only rage on and who knows when it would stop. If ever…

The cat’s tail twitched to the side, a little nervously. He spoke slowly, often looking around or onto the ground and shifting his gaze when Sen’s eyes stared for too long into his. He gave the impression of being an intelligent and rather confident, but very shy cat.

- Also, there’s the matter of whether you can actually kill a god tree by setting it on fire. So far no damage has been done to either tree and they have not actively joined the battle, but what if they decide to do it once attacks focus on them? And if a tree can be destroyed then that might cause the spirit of the tree to be released and cause even grater havoc upon this world. - From a concerned, speculating tone his voice suddenly turned into one very matter-of-factly. - Great beasts are often contained by their mortal forms, you know.

Sen and Fantom exchanged looks.

- Thank you for sharing this with me - said Sen.

- Burning down the tree - added Fantom. - Does sound like an easy solution to a problem. I can see why it would tempt some. They probably think that they’re doing the right thing too because it would avoid fighting and killing other felines.

Sen nodded in agreement.

- However, I agree with you, Marlevort, that it might bring more harm than good. - He shook his head - For dream’s sake, who would be so hasty as to attack a god tree?

- Do you know when they want to do it? Or an idea how we can avoid it?

Marlevort tilted his head slightly to one side.

- Stop them?

Sen scratched the side of his great mane.

- Get to the tree before them and apprehend them before they can cause any harm. Good idea, Marlevort. - The cat narrowed his eyes. Was Sen being condescending? - We should act fast. Let’s meet up with the others.

They all rushed forward and collected most of their crew. They would decide together of what to do and rely the plan to the rest of the team. Time was of the essence.

- We’re going to pick a small group to go the tree of decay. We cannot be seen, if the army of decay sees us there, they won’t let us escape - Sen started talking after explaining what Marlevort has found out and what they decided to do. - So we need to be fast and silent. Can you do that? - he turned to Rei who was looking proud and a smug grin appeared on his face.

- Hey - he said with a hint of pain in his voice. - I can be stealthy! I’m not all speed, you’ll see.

- Alright. That makes five of us.

He looked at Rei, Fantom, a lion who’s been fighting with since the start and who has proven himself to be both fast and strong and a small blue cat who was extremely fierce in battle. He reminded Sen of Sura, who was also on the smaller side, but made up for it with extremely fast bites.

- What about the rest of us? - asked Sia calmly. Lasan was sitting next to her with a worried look on his face.

Sen considered this.

- Sia, you should talk to Marlevort. Maybe together you can think of some plan beyond stopping the immediate catastrophe. Lasan - he turned to his son. - You’ll be with Varjo and the rest. Your job will be to protect and save as many lions as you can, but remember that your own safety comes first. Do not go beyond Varjo’s barrier - he said, sounding more intense. - And keep close to Moe. And…

- I think he understands - Fantom cut him off with a laugh.

Lasan still looked a little worried, but also eager that he’ll be able to lend a hand to the watch.

- Alright, dad, I’ll be good.

Sen was very uncertain about this plan. He would leave his own son where the battle will take place and leave and who knows how long it will be till they get back. He would be in great company, but still…

- Time to get going - Fantom put a paw on his shoulder.

Sen stood up. They must’ve all been worried, but they were keeping it together and so would he. There was no time to lose.

[ 1111 words ]

What a beautiful, beautiful thing
to be able to dream
when you're not asleep.

art by Sixbane
Frisco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnightkitkat » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:12 am

Username: Midnightkitkat
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Mios, Suen
Link to their pride or group: Oasis Basin
Prompt level completion: 3
Prompt:
    The forest was still dark even within the filtered light of the cloudy sky above. The storm on the verge of breaking at any moment set the mood of two lions emotions. Suen having spirited until the point where he had to stop in order to breathe. Gasping in breath after breath as his mind raced with the realization he had ended the life of someone who had not endangered soul since arriving. Committing the action in front of the lion he least wished to have met out on that battlefield. As time seemed to race by Suen eventually heard the crunch of underbrush from someone who wasn't trying to hide their approach. Watching as Mios emerged from the shadows of the trees and bushes around.

Mios had a lot of time to think over his approach as he followed the dual lions scent. Accepting that revenge would only cause more problems rather than solving them. Sure in his conclusion that the attack had been ment for him, and not the cat that had been hidden within his mane. Yelling out warnings of those who aimed for him while his back was turned. A plan formed that day they prepared for battle. One that had seemed so safe compared to her running out into that mess alone. Ears pricking up at the sound of someone ahead Mios stilled his emotions, not wanting to appear as distraught as he felt in the face of the stranger beyond.

The sight of Mios and the cat he carried immediately froze Suen. The god not knowing how to approach or diffuse the situation. Knowing full we he would never be able to harm someone from the Oasis Basin. Lowering his head in submission in hopes of calming the lion out of any ideas of revenge. Unable to read Mios he spoke as softly as he could. "Mios I swear on all that I have that none of my attacks were ever ment to do more then scare those I could away from battle. I never wanted to end the life of another who was pulled into the fights of these deities. I just... I just did not sense her until it was far too late."

Watching the small lion cowering before him Mios felt a sudden spike of uncomfortable emotions. Feeling as if he knew this lion and felt disgusted with himself for ever thinking of harming him. "I won't attack, but you need to answer for it in some way." Before he could as the lion how he knew his name neither were prepared for the portal that had appeared before them. The familiar smell of home wafting through its magic.

Looking at the sudden magic before him Suen could feel his power calling to him from the other side with bits of it flowing into him once again. With it his powers picking up on the fear and worry for the cat reaching her Starclan called to Suen from Mios. A wave of worry leaving him as he knew how he could appease Mios. Gently taking taking the she-cat from where she had been layed. "Of you stay here to help those who still need it I will make sure the River can find her. Your questions I promise will be answered, but the time is not yet I fear."

As Mios was distracted by the suddenness of the portal he had not realized what the other lion was doing until far too late to stop him. Watching as they jumped through the portal. Their words sinking in only afterwards. Questions began to multiply from those words. Seemingly knowing of Oasis Basin and it's beliefs, yet he was sure he had never meet the lion in his life. Before he could follow them through a drop of rain landed directly on his nose. Snapping him into reality and the fact he could smell a faint whiff of smoke from the direction of the death gods tree. Turning from the portal home to race towards what he hoped not to be a second loss this day.
    [683]
Midnightkitkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wucaian » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:58 am

Username: wucaian
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Moon
Link to their pride or group: Mountain Pass Pride
Prompt level completion: [Lvl. 5/1106 words]
Prompt: -June 11-
That night the Guardians gather them to reveal the plan. The great hall is packed full of every creature living under the goddess’s tree of life. The lions of the Eternal Realm towering over most of the crowd. Some of the other champions are as tall as them, milky green and yellow creatures with large black eyes, long necks, and two toed paws. There are also those smaller than Moon, only about the size of a cub. Their bodies are covered in pitch black scales and a fifth paw adorns the end of their long tail. The crowd sits in silence for the leader of the Guardians to step up.

The anticipation is killing Moon. What are they going to do? What can they do? How are they going to stop this threat once and for all? She’s never been very good at waiting when the head guard and Captains were formulating strategies. But she has nothing to contribute when it comes to the nature of the monsters of the horde. So she must wait. Finally the leader of the Guardians steps into the clear area at the front.

“After much consideration, the Guardians and the Mages are in agreement. Just as we draw strength from the tree of our goddess, so do the creatures of rot draw power from the tree of their rotten god. The Mages are certain, destroying the tree will take away their strength and finish them off. When it is destroyed, we will not need to lift even a single claw against the creatures, they will fall apart. To this end, the tree will burn.”

A great cheer swells through the crowd, Relief and excitement in equal measure. There is an end to this, if only they can complete this task. This final battle will decide. Moon cheers with relief. She is glad they have a plan to move forward. She knows from experience and the past battles against the horde that plans can fall through the instant they meet the opposition. But a goal helps them improvise.

“The Guardians, through unanimous agreement, have decided to take over your groups. You will still work in the units you have formed, but will be under our direction. This plan requires careful and precise coordination. You will each be assigned a role and must follow it to the letter.”

Moon is...less than thrilled about this. It’s just as they said, they’ll be taken over. She has enjoyed the relative flexibility granted so far where each of the groups follow a leader who confers with the Guardians. It’s also a familiar system to her. In her pride, they have a head guard, but they consult with the captains. The captains then have a certain measure of authority to change the plan for their patrol and with other captains. This feels too rigid to her. Plans without flexibility are more likely to fall through quickly.

“So now let me get into the specifics,” they say. The Guardian proceeds to outline the role of each group in the coming battle.

There will be three advanced parties, four main forces, and two reinforcements. All groups will carry branches tipped in flammable substance that can be lit and then sustain the flame. This will also prevent the branch from burning down and injuring the one carrying it. The advanced parties are to leave their branches unlit and sneak through the woods toward the rot god’s tree. They must not let the enemy sense them. No matter what happens around them, they are to continue toward the tree. Once there, they will use the enchanted stone each of them will be given to ignite their branches and the tree. Once the tree has been lit, they are to set the surrounding trees on fire to prevent the horde from returning to defend their god. Moon’s group will be one of the advanced parties. The other two are made of Guardians and Mages from the Eternal Realm. The main force will advance on the wood in an obvious show of power to draw the attention of the horde and try to wipe out a number of them. If one of them gets the chance, they are to make a break for the heart of the wood. The reinforcements will come in last to try and overwhelm the creatures of rot.

They are dismissed and Moon returns to the den her group shares. A Mage and one of the Guardians in charge of the armory will be along to outfit them in harnesses and deliver their tools. Moon sits down on her bed and looks around at her group. They lost two to the call of the horde after that first battle, shrinking them down to seven. Some of the others are excitedly discussing the plan and wondering at the magic these beings possess. Moon sits quietly in thought as she listens.

When she can take it no more, she opens her mouth and nervously says, “do you think this is right?”

The others whip their heads around to look at her. Their faces are painted in stunned confusion. She has been one of the most enthusiastic and supportive of their group. She has never questioned a plan in this way.

“Think what is right?” one, Tiglak, asks. “What about the plan don’t you like?”

“The whole thing, honestly,” she whispers.

This gets even more stunned looks.

“We don’t get a say in this plan. I can understand that we weren’t involved in coming up with it. But they’ve taken the ability to use our own judgement. We’re not allowed to stop for others. What about if someone’s in trouble? We can’t help them, even if we could help then and still finish our mission. And what about those that joined the horde? The main force and back up groups were told not to hesitate.” She stares at her paws and waits anxiously for their reaction.

“Well…” someone else, Grorork, starts. “Yeah, it sucks that we’re not allowed to help each other. But wouldn’t that distract from our mission? We can’t afford that. The advanced parties are the best bet to set the tree on fire. And the others made their choice.”

“I know they’ve made their choice!” she snaps. “But my pride doesn’t believe in wonton violence.
Destroying the tree is all well and good. But setting the forest on fire seems like overkill. And I know the others have made their choice. But what if they come back to our side? I have to hope that they do. But does this plan mean we can’t accept them back?”

Currently missing:Image
Bounce, bounce, bounce...
wucaian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firedancer77 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:06 am

Username: Firedancer77
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Kina, Cole, Gluttony, Maji. Galilee, Grimm
Link to their pride or group: Isle of Roses and Graveyard of Gods
Prompt level completion: Level 5
Prompt:
A fire. Gluttony's red eyes glinted as she grinned, listening intently to what they were suggesting. They wanted to light a fire, to burn the other tree to the ground. It was secretive and cruel, not at all fair. The black and white she-cat didn't care for ethics, however. If there was an army of death coming to fight, then she was more than willing to burn the tree that spawned them down to the ground. As for the use of fire, that thought simply excited Gluttony as she paced, waiting for them to get to go. She had always been teetering on the edge of sanity, much more than the other cats living in the Depths, and perhaps this was just further proof of that. She didn't care if it was.

Finally, it was time. Gluttony crept alongside the rest of the group, silent. She'd mastered silence a long time ago, her old group having drilled it into her as they made her the monster they wanted. Some part of her wondered what she would be doing in this situation if things back then had been different, but if they had been, there was no guarantee Gluttony would even be here now. No, to question that was pointless and silly. All that mattered was reaching the tree and taking it down as quickly as possible so they could end this war before things got any worse.

If she was lucky, maybe they would manage it quickly enough that Gluttony wouldn't miss all the fun on the battlefield.
---
"They're planning to burn the tree of decay," Galilee said as she approached Cole under the agreed upon tree to meet at, not too far from the field Cole said they'd fought at the other day. "They're sending a second group, a stealth group, to go and burn it, hopefully before the rain starts up to stop it."

Before the gray lion could respond, Grimm approached, for once in his life actually looking concerned. "They're planning to send a second group to burn the tree of decay?" He asked, and the half snow leopard nodded her head in confirmation. "They're not the only ones planning that sort of plot. The undead army has the exact same plan for the tree of life."

Cole looked like he was trying desperately not to bash his head against the trunk of the tree they were under, and Galilee couldn't blame him. "This is a disaster," he groaned, pawing at the ground. "I don't know what consequences burning either god's tree will have, but we can't allow them to do that...especially if they plan to burn both." His tail flicked behind him as he glanced to the sky, a frown in place. "And in secret? That's not even ethical."

It surprised Galilee, how much Cole was talking. From what Grimm had told her, he was fairly quiet, generally keeping to himself and bundling his thoughts up. She was told to be prepared for him to be grumpy and awkward, but Cole didn't seem to fit any of the things she'd heard. He seemed like a leader, and an intelligent one at that, someone who knew what he was doing and who wanted to do what was right. Perhaps that was simply a result of this whole experience. Whether it'd be a permanent change in Cole's character, or simply a circumstantial one as he was forced to try and fix a situation that seemed to have no solution, was yet to be seen; it was quite possible that, if it were not for this crisis going on around them, Cole would be exactly as Grimm had said when he was telling her about him. Right now, however, she was impressed.

"All is fair in love and war," Grimm responded, shaking some of his black hair from his face as he took a seat, face looking grim (ironically) as he stared out at the field.

"It shouldn't be," Cole responded sharply, only to cringe as he ducked his head and mumbled, "Sorry."

Galilee noted the change in attitude with a frown. Obviously his previous tendencies weren't completely curbed, even now. The lion definitely needed more confidence. However, this wasn't the time to dwell on that, and based on the look on Grimm's face, Galilee was pretty sure her friend was going to. She needed to steer this conversation away from that before they got completely side-tracked and found that, as the battle approached, they had no plan to stop the plans each side had from unfolding.

"What can we do?" She asked impatiently, tail thrashing back and forth behind her. "Do we know which side is justified in their attack?"

Cole shook his head. "Supposedly the goddess brought us here, and she represents life. However, she is cold and distant, offering us nothing in terms of explanation. We were constantly instructed on what to do when I was in the city, like the champions had to constantly be occupied so they wouldn't snoop around too much. There were no answers to be found."

"Wouldn't that suggest she has something to hide, meaning the guy in the withered tree is the one to believe?" Grimm asked.

Once again, the Sky Oasis' Archivist shook his head. "If only it were that easy. The god of decay claims that he is attacking because the goddess is trying to upset the balance, stopping death from happening at all."

Grimm's expression was unreadable as he listened to what his pridemate had to say before asking another question. "Is that so wrong?"

"We can have a discussion about the ethics of stopping death some other time," Galilee said before Cole could respond. The bigger lion was obviously perturbed by what Grimm had said, and Galilee was not in the mood to moderate that discussion. Once again, they needed to stay focused. "What makes you suspect the god of lying?"

"He lured us away with some strange call, and despite being very forthcoming, he didn't seem completely honest. And his army, Grimm, you had to have seen them. They're more than unsettling. He's definitely not telling the whole story, even when he does answer questions asked."

[ 1031/1000 words ]

likely will be continued when I have time

Isle of Roses | Valley of Kings

One of these days a-coming, I'm gonna take that boy's crown

Cause I am, I am a little wicked
I am, I am
Hands red, hands red just like he said

I am a little wicked

No one calls you honey when you're sitting on a throne
Firedancer77

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Journey to the Trinity Tree

Postby Runnersback » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:20 am

Username:Runnersback
Link to lion(s) involved in prompt:Achilles Letaba
Link to their pride: Realms of L’Oasis Lo
Prompt:011

runners/sharkkbait/swiftie
Image🎶 RTF 🎶 cal-vain ©

𝙸 𝚏𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝,
𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑."

𝐼𝓉’𝓈 𝒶 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒷𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒶𝓁𝓉𝓎 𝓈𝑒𝒶
Runnersback

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SurgeFire » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:35 am

Username: SurgeFire
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: lucian, calida, caspian, phoenix
Link to their pride or group: Vallis
Prompt:

Prompt 11 wrote:"Oh gods, what did I get myself into?"

Phoenix had stepped out of the portal casting a doubtful glance at the area surrounding her; to be honest, she just wanted to join in on the fight to see what would face her.
It was... a tempting opportunity, to be honest; she wondered if there would be any riches or anything to gain from this escapade, and her brother was already off somewhere else.
It was now her turn to adventure.

But - as she surveyed the area to see what was going on before making a decision, she was met with an immeasurable amount of tension surrounding the group of cats who had stayed together with the forces of decay.
It looked like war hadn't been too long ago.

Phoenix slunk along the groups of cats; stealth not being her biggest thing that she preferred, but she couldn't just be headstrong this time; she had to gauge what the hell even was happening in this realm... what side she'd have to fight for, what she could perhaps gain from this, all that.
She hadn't quite recognized any of the cats (especially not the lions; they didn't scare her, but it was a shock to come across them) until spotting a familiar sight... was that Lucian?

Indeed it was. It was... hilarious to see him struggle with the two practically-kitten-aged cats that had come from Vallis as well, though Phoenix had to raise a metaphorical eyebrow at the sight. What were they doing here? Wasn't there battles to be fought...? She wasn't so sure it would have been safe for them... but they were here, anyways, and the portal had closed up.
If they were stuck here with that miserable cat, well, she just had to find the humor in that situation.

She watched as they walked off; presumably to discuss the plan that was to be had and committed to moving forward, and she followed. Phoenix was only curious herself, truly. And, plus, like she thought before... she had to know what she was getting into with all this.
It would be the first smart thing she'd have done all day, to be honest; jumping into a portal headfirst without considering the consequences? Probably not great, who knows!

Phoenix had caught up fairly quickly to the creamy tom and the two other cats; and, perhaps finding it more amusing to play a trick on them, she whispered -
"Heya, bud!"

Lucian turned around with a start, clearly surprised by the cream-and-red molly's appearance; he sighed upon seeing her - she was somewhat well known for being some sort of a troublemaker, especially with her brother - and he muttered, "You came along, too, huh?"
"Sure did," she grinned, stepping up to Lucian quickly; attracting the attention of Calida, who looked at her in some sort of awe.
Seems like the kid kinda likes me, Phoenix thought, relatively amused. Isn't that something.
"What do you want," Lucian spat, looking directly at her, matching her amused gaze.
"...to come along with you all! We're all from Vallis, we should stick together or something," she spoke up, lashing her tail slightly. "What's going on, anyways?"
Lucian glared at her for a moment before continuing, "...I was getting to that. Fine. If you want to 'stick together' so badly... you might as well know what's going on in the first place."

He began to explain; he started from explaining the original call to defend the goddess of life, something that struck oddly to Phoenix; they had been summoned to fight for life, right? The good side? Why was Lucian so passionate about fighting for the side of decay?
He then turned to explain about how the god of decay told them all about the goddess' intentions of destroying the balance of life and decay, something that Phoenix could sympathize with... but she still thought upon it. Everything told her that the goddess of life was the good one, the one that should be supported. The one they should fight for.
But she could sympathize with death. She had such an odd relationship with it, regardless, that she couldn't just knock it down, just like that... perhaps Phoenix could understand why Lucian had turned to fight for the god.

"That's pretty much the gist of it," Lucian finished, happy enough that the younger cats besides him hadn't spoken up too much during his explanation; not that he thought Caspian would, but he was moreso wary about Calida, the much more headstrong of the two. "And now... we're planning to set the tree of life on fire."
This raised her hackles slightly. Now, she was definitely a user of fire magic; it was some sort of a trademark of hers, and it matched her personality. If she wanted to help them set it on fire, she certainly could.

But she wasn't so sure she agreed with it.
"Now, I think attacking them is cool and all, and I definitely wouldn't mind getting some baddies with fire," she answered, standing her ground, looking back at his mismatched gaze in thought. "But this is a bit too much, don't you think? Hell, we don't even know if that god's right... I wouldn't feel right about burning down something like that, Lucian."
Lucian's expression was unreadable, and Phoenix could feel it.

Now, she liked fighting when she knew she was up against something that could harm those she truly cared about. That - she had no qualms over burning down absolutely everything to the ground.
But this was... unfair, something that triggered her slight compassion. They didn't know if the side of life was right, they didn't know if the side of decay was right.
She didn't want to make a mistake she'd regret again; she didn't want to cause destruction upon good cats.

"...I can see where you come from. It's... a shame, considering your magic," Lucian continued, "...but..."
"No. That's my final answer... not until we know more or something, but I say we have a fair battle," she continued, glaring back at him. "And I'll make sure of that."

[1018 words]

SurgeFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prompt 11: 1015 words

Postby -Isabella- » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:50 am

Username: Isabella45
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Khalida, Nthanda, Ravi, Valerius
Link to their pride or group: xxXxx
Prompt:

With reinforcements, the troops are bolstered and more ready than ever to fight their foes, on both sides. Though the next battle seems to approach quickly, there are murmurs around the armies as the generals each look for a new group... infiltrators- they call them. Unbeknownst to them they mimic each others words "Fire. We'll flank them and when they leave the tree to fight...we'll burn it to the ground". Such an irony that they have identical plans, one group to burn the tree of decay, another to burn the tree of life. "Who will join us? Who can be trusted? Who can be stealthy enough to lead or partake in such an attack?" So similar, yet so far apart.

Do your cats agree with the ethics of a stealthy, under the table death blow? Do they approve of using fire? Do they fight for a fair fight or lead the group in their mission to put an end to it?

As the armies begin to move, the splinter groups leave just ahead of them. Taking a new, longer route around to reach their destination, this one in silence as they prepare themselves for what they believe they must do. The rain is coming, and they have limited time to start a flame that can withstand it, from the inside out.

While they sulk around to achieve this, the armies meet again in the fields, bringing their all to this final battle. Their biggest brutes and forces, their best weapons and armor. It feels like the entire forest is filled with cries of anger and hurt, and the night's barely begun.

“Bunch of fools if you ask me,” Khalida muttered to Valerius from where they stood off to the side and out of sight.

“I can’t believe they want to burn the tree. That just seems…I don’t know, cruel. And who’s to say the goddess can’t live without the tree in some for anyway?”

“It does seem possible. But even if not, don’t these creatures know what it would be like to be burned? Or the other tree. It’s be torture to any of them I’m sure. And yet they’d willing do it to another being? It seems wrong to me.”

“Some just want to end this quickly not. I suppose burning just seems more…efficient to them.”

“I can’t feel right about it. No matter what they say.”

“Me either. But what do we do?”

“I suppose I could spy ahead, or go along and see how things progress. I really don’t know at this point. This has become a nightmare of sorts.”

“And we get to see it through to the end. Lucky us.”

“Well, only if we can manage to live that long. With how things are going I wouldn’t be surprised if everyone is fighting by the end of this. I mean, what if they do burn down the tree? What then? Will the citizens of the city just move on and leave? I tend to doubt it. I doubt they’ll want to live alongside this army either. Or follow that decaying tree.”

“Perhaps they know something we don’t. Or just no one has thought that far ahead yet. Whatever the case I don’t want to be stuck in the middle when this all comes to light and the end is near.”

“I wonder when the portal will open up for us again.”

“I can’t begin to guess. Not until after the final battle perhaps. I got a feeling the last one was a last chance offer for anyone who wanted to avoid the fight. But I don’t know if that was done to be generous, or if someone was just trying to get rid of the weak ones and the less dedicated before things really started happening. I find it hard to believe at times that this goddess is doing anything out of the goodness of her heart, if she has one.”

“Well, I don’t blame you. Her own followers seem…tired, resigned like they are used to this. It makes me wonder if she leads them into these kinds of fights often, and if there are as many losses and injuries every time. Or actually, if they drag in lions and cats from all over all the time to help in their battles.”

“Doesn’t seem like we’re going to find out too soon. But I think I’ll go with the…assassins. Just to see what exactly they plan and how they plan on carrying it out.”

‘Alright. Just be careful, things could get messy.”

“Well you be careful too. You’re the one being left behind with this army.”

“I will be. They haven’t even made any move to attack again yet. We may still be here by the time you’re through.”

“Well, maybe. Just try to stay low as much as you can.” As she spoke she stood, getting ready to leave.

“I will,” he had replied, standing as well as he prepared to rejoin the main force.

Khalida nodded then took to the skies and disappeared without another word. It didn’t take her long to join the small group who had been assigned the task of starting the fire. She slipped in among them wordlessly and no one really questioned her presence there.
Some of them seemed almost afraid as they prepared themselves. Others seemed almost too eager, a lust for blood and war apparent in their expressions. If Khalida were to guess she’d have said half of them simply wanted to end this however they could, as quickly as possible, so they could go home. While the other half simply wanted to be heroes or thrived off of the feelings of fear, terror, and despair that came with the fight.
She of course had no personal motive to joining them. She didn’t approve of their method and only wanted to see how they planned to carry it out, and if anyone would try to stop them. It had occurred to her that if they did set a fire it could easily spread and engulf everything around them.
If it did, the trees might not be the only thing to fall prey to its flames.

~……………~

Meanwhile back with the goddess Nthanda was still keeping an eye on Ravi and listening to the talk going around. Rumor had it a small force was setting out to burn the other tree. This idea didn’t set well with her and she had yet to find out who exactly was involved in this plan.
As much as she wanted to find out more she was also worried about leaving Ravi as he was still tired and sore from his injury.

But all too soon the army began to rally again and the army of decay emerged from the trees, ready to fight once more. Rain fell down on both armies, almost as if nature itself was crying over what terrible things might be about to occur.

Nthanda stayed close to Ravi as they gathered. He refused to stay behind and rest so she was determined to keep an eye on him in the fight. She couldn’t risk anything more happening to him.

Without thinking she found herself searching the skies for any sign of her sister, but even if she had been there the clouds covering the moon and stars didn’t allow her to see too clearly.

For a moment time seemed to stand still as both armies faced each other, silent. Then cries rang out, from both sides at once, and the armies lurched forward. Teeth and claws were bared, and eyes wild as both sides prepared to destroy their foes and win the day, whatever the cost of such a victory might be.
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faelyn » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:24 am

Username: Faelyn
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Star & Dandelion
Link to their pride or group: The Isles
Prompt level completion: Level 3
Prompt:

A dim light shone in the midst of darkness, rousing her from her slumber. The exhaustion. The pain. The confusion. It only took a moment to fit together the puzzle that was splayed around her.

“Breathe.”

The soft, melodic voice of a blonde figure, a gentle touch brushed against lithe stature. It was a sweet sensation, soothing the agony that burned her, inside and out.

“Dandelion?”

There was a small nod that bobbed the petite soul’s head as a mellow smile graced the herbalist’s features.

“Rest.”

A lick caressed her features as her eyes fluttered shut like a bird’s wing, before shooting wide open, the dangers that lingered ahead booming in her memories.

“It’s not safe here, Dandelion.”

Letting out a quiet breath, a cold shiver tickled her spine. Passionate, verdant eyes met mellow ones, the familiar feeling of fire ignited within her, spreading flames to whatever lay in its path.

“You should go.”

“No.”

Shallow defiance was lit in the herbalist’s gaze, so bright, it glistened in the once soft gaze of the healer. Was that determination burning in the herbalist’s eyes?

“Don’t make me ord-”

“Star, I’m begging you.”

A plea was laced in her songbird-like voice, the dainty figure of the healer trembled with uncertainty.

“Please. They need my help.”

There was silence.

Utter silence.

Oh, Dandelion. You don’t understand.

Her soul screeched as the words touched the tip of her tongue.

“Be careful.”

A pause.

“Help those who need your help.”

“Thank you.”

Gratitude lightened the herbalist’s eyes, footsteps like a dance waiting to be whirled into reality. The delicate build of the blonde damsel faded into depths of the shadows.

Had she made a dreadful mistake?

The plans of what was to come echoed in her head, banging against her skull. Fur slick with sweat and blood, it was only then that within her, she knew all this would result in bloodshed, all this would only have one outcome: death by fire.

The chance to change what was coming was slipping away. Fast.

Yes? No?

Everything was spinning as crimson had begun to lick the edges of her skin once again.

Then, her heart finally settled on it’s final dance.

Let them burn.

Bones screaming as she hauled herself to her toes, the aching desire to fall back into The Isles hit her hard. Homesickness churned in her belly and the pain only added to it.

Fight.

It was the only word urging her to weave forwards amongst the army of life that gasped for air as they advanced up the pathway to the battlefield.

The storm was stirring in the shaded sky, the trail of grass swaying beneath their toes. Concealing a hiss of pain as the gashes upon her figure tore loose from the cobwebs, gaze whirling skywards, hope dwindling like a spark of light being blown out.

Where are you?

The absence of the Celestial shattered her heart, a silent reminder that they were alone, blind within the darkness of this living hell. The crusade of blood and flesh was unravelling before her, and there was nothing she could do about it, not anymore at least.
word count #524
Last edited by faelyn on Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goddess Sword » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:51 am

Username: Goddess Sword
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Mitko (Major character), Beatrix (Major character)
Link to their pride or group: The Wayfarers
Prompt level completion: Level 5 (1,314 words)
Prompt:

With reinforcements, the troops are bolstered and more ready than ever to fight their foes, on both sides. Though the next battle seems to approach quickly, there are murmurs around the armies as the generals each look for a new group... infiltrators- they call them. Unbeknownst to them they mimic each others words "Fire. We'll flank them and when they leave the tree to fight...we'll burn it to the ground". Such an irony that they have identical plans, one group to burn the tree of decay, another to burn the tree of life. "Who will join us? Who can be trusted? Who can be stealthy enough to lead or partake in such an attack?" So similar, yet so far apart.

Do your cats agree with the ethics of a stealthy, under the table death blow? Do they approve of using fire? Do they fight for a fair fight or lead the group in their mission to put an end to it?

As the armies begin to move, the splinter groups leave just ahead of them. Taking a new, longer route around to reach their destination, this one in silence as they prepare themselves for what they believe they must do. The rain is coming, and they have limited time to start a flame that can withstand it, from the inside out.

While they sulk around to achieve this, the armies meet again in the fields, bringing their all to this final battle. Their biggest brutes and forces, their best weapons and armor. It feels like the entire forest is filled with cries of anger and hurt, and the night's barely begun.

Beatrix had eventually grown tired of plotting on the outskirts with Mitko. They- No, she had to so something. He didn't believe that the goddess would listen to her. And perhaps he was right. But in her mind, she had to try. And so she'd slunk back to the tree, her disappearance during the battle seemingly unnoticed, and the only confrontation she'd had upon her return being one with two guards who simply wished to know if she'd seen an old, graying tom by the name Tederick III. And although her priorities were in other places, had to be in other places, she had still offered her assistance in their search. And...

She had found him, in the hollow where she'd been attacked, curled up by the side of the goddess.

And she had been too afraid to confront the deity, at least directly. She didn't want to disturb him in his last moments, if he hadn't already passed. She didn't want a fight, not there, not then. So she had dodged around the horrible thoughts that crept into her mind, the things she wanted - needed - to say, and asked a few quiet questions to the goddess, the implications there, but only implications.

She should have been more direct. But she wasn't. And so she returned to skulking around the tree, realizing more with each passing second that, although she knew what her goal was, what she theoretically needed to do... she had no real plan. She knew what she wanted. She just had no idea how she might achieve it.

It was in her wanderings that she overheard the whispers of a plan. A horrible, awful plan. "That cat, the one who said we should fight their soldiers with fire. He had the right idea."

"No. We agreed not to use that tactic."

"It could burn the Great Tree."

"Not if we take the fight to them. To their tree."

"How?"

"While they're fighting, while they're distracted. We flank them, head into the forest. And we burn it to the ground."

For a moment, Beatrix froze, eyes wide, listening as the felines discussed this plan, seemingly not knowing - Or perhaps not caring - that she could hear.

"Drastic times call for drastic measures."

And then she bolted.

---

Mitko had also grown tired of waiting. And so he had trotted back into the midst of the warriors of decay, lions, cats, and strange beasts alike. He didn't really know what he was doing here. Had he returned to inform the deity of his and Beatrix's idea, to try and convince the other side into submission without the need for battle? He wasn't sure; the god seemed resigned to the idea that war was war, and that war was necessary. That the warriors and goddess of life were beyond reason. He didn't know if he could convince it otherwise.

If not that, then what? The god seemed to understand that the world needed balance; there was nothing to convince it of there. If they were to show it the things he'd found, that Beatrix found, would it even respond? Surely, it knew. Life is born from death, and death from life. "There's a hollow of decay in the goddess's tree, and an oasis in your forest. Look at this cool skull I found!" What could the god possibly say to that when it had been the very one to turn these other cats to the side of balance?

Then... Perhaps he had simply come to examine the aftermath of the previous night's battle. Check up on the felines who had found their way to this other side, see if they were okay.

And so he wandered among the lions and cats, laying together and tending their wounds amongst the god's organic soldiers of decay. They seemed to pay him little mind, save the occasional glance, as if to ask, "Where were you last night?" He had no wounds to show in his defense, be they inflicted on him or onto others, and so he simply slipped past before they could raise a word against him. If nothing else, he wasn't the only feline looking fresh and free from battle - It seemed that their portal was not the only one that had opened in this world, as a new wave of cats big and small had seemingly slipped in, bolstering their forces further.

And with these newcomers came whispers.

"You've been here for a while. Don't you want to go home?"

"I do, but... I have a duty here now. I can't leave until this is all over."

"Then why not end it faster?"

"What do you mean?"

"Fire."

"Fire?"

"You said there was a tree where they brought you, right? That it's sacred or something. We could burn it down, end this whole thing as quickly as it took for them to drag you into this."

Mitko fought the hairs on hick neck that wanted to rise in alarm. They couldn't be serious... could they? Certainly, it would bring an end to things, but... They had seen the city. There weren't just soldiers, guards, and their deity there. That wasn't just a symbol. It was a real, tangible home, one where people lived, civilians, children.

And so he continued on, until he reached the far side of the gathering. And he slipped into the woods and back out around, through the fields and towards the third tree, their makeshift meeting spot.

---

They arrived at the same time, gazes meeting before the druid's lair.

And they spoke the same words, voices overlapping in a way not unlike those of the deities themselves.

"They're going to burn the tree."

Mitko cursed. "You've got to be kidding me. Them, too?"

"Them too," Beatrix repeated. "What do we do? We can't let them do this! It's not just underhanded, like a sneak attack, it's-"

"There are civilians in the tree."

"What do we do?" Beatrix asked again.

Mitko opened his mouth, but only silent, hollow air came out. And then at last: "I don't know."

Beatrix began to pace. "Could we distract them? Could... Could I bring them to the oasis? You bring them to the hollow? Show them that this isn't the way?"

"I don't know where the hollow is. And..." He gazed off at the distant sky, where rainclouds were gathering, and she watched with him. Nature's timer, a countdown for when the armies' plans had to start. "I don't think there's time for you to show me. And even if there were, there'd be no time for me to show you to the oasis, too." He pawed at his face, racking his brain. "We haven't been there for the fights. I don't know if they goddess's army would trust me to lead them to the 'tree' only to show them the oasis instead. And even if you could convince them that you'd changed sides at the last minute... the hollow is in the tree. They could burn it down before you got there. Or burn it down with you inside."

"Then... I don't know! We could distract them! Climb up in the trees in the woods and pounce, pelt them with acorns and rocks from the fields, or... something to slow them down!"

A somber expression overtook Mitko's face, overwhelming. "I don't know if we could do that ourselves. We're just two cats against an army."

"...But... We have to try." Beatrix's ears drooped. "We have to. We can't just let them destroy each other. We have to do something." She paused. "If we don't... how are we gonna get home?" She gestured to the place where the portal they'd sent Ragin through had been.

Mitko was silent. "...Okay," he agreed at last. "You take the fields, I take the forest."

Beatrix gazed at him for a moment, and then nodded. "Okay."

"Don't die."

"You too, Mitko."
Goddess Sword

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me