redwood valley combined training association

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

What feature to work on for RVCTA next?

Future Event Horse (yearling through age 4)
29%
FEI levels (1*-3* for now, maybe 4* and 5* later)
14%
Dressage only divisions
14%
Combined test divisions (dressage and stadium)
No votes
Derby divisions (dressage and combined stadium and cross-country)
14%
Quests
29%

Total votes : 7

12/22/18 show results

Postby caf. » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:59 pm

The Novice horse trial has concluded. Congratulations to the winners!

In first place, with a score of 34.48 penalties, is Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 4.
In second place, with a score of 35.16 penalties, is Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 7.
In third place, with a score of 59.54 penalties, is Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 8.

Unfortunately, Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 3 was pulled up during the cross-country phase of the competition as he was suffering from a respiratory infection.
Unfortunately, Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 11 took too many refusals during the cross-country phase of the competition and was eliminated.
Unfortunately, Foxtail Stables' Ash Wine fell during the cross-country phase of the competition and was eliminated. Luckily, he was unhurt.

The Training horse trial has concluded. Congratulations to the winners!

In first place, with a score of 35.40 penalties, is Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 8.
In second place, with a score of 40.48 penalties, is Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 12.
In third place, earning 500c and 45 leaderboard points with a score of 43.32 penalties, is Rose Crest Stables' CE Sing It Sharp.
In fourth place, with a score of 51.15 penalties, is Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 9.
In fifth place, with a score of 59.17 penalties, is Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 10.

Unfortunately, Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 4 bolted uncontrollably during the dressage phase of the competition and was dismissed from the ring.

The Modified horse trial has concluded. Congratulations to the winners!

In first place, earning 1,125c and 80 leaderboard points with a score of 37.91 penalties, is Foxtail Stables' Himmlischer Tanz.
In second place, with a score of 40.48 penalties, is Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 4.
In third place, earning 625c and 45 leaderboard points with a score of 43.45 penalties, is Crestwood Estate's CE Riverside King.
In fourth place, with a score of 50.13 penalties, is Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 9.
In fifth place, earning 200c and 30 leaderboard points with a score of 57.12 penalties, is Cavallo Stables' Sticks and Stones.
In sixth place, with a score of 61.90 penalties, is Crestwood Estate's CE Edge of the Water.

The Preliminary horse trial has concluded. Congratulations to the winners!

In first place, earning 1,250c and 80 leaderboard points with a score of 35.83 penalties, is Cavallo Stables' Over and Out.

Unfortunately, Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 2 and Cavallo Stables The Winter Sea both fell during the cross-country phase of the competition. Luckily, they were both unhurt.
Unfortunately, Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 6 was pulled up during the cross-country phase of the competition after he suffered a hock injury.
Unfortunately, Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 9 went off-course during the stadium jumping phase of the competition and was eliminated.
Unfortunately, Crestwood Estate's CE Cutting Edge fell during the stadium jumping phase of the competition and was eliminated. Luckily, he was unhurt.

The Intermediate horse trial has concluded. Congratulations to the winners!

In first place, with a score of 35.30 penalties, is Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 4.
In second place, earning 1,400c and 60 leaderboard points with a score of 45.46 penalties, is Cavallo Stables' The Dead Sea.
In third place, earning 1,050c and 45 leaderboard points with a score of 46.74 penalties, is Rose Crest Stables' Moonlit Waters.
In fourth place, with a score of 47.50 penalties, is Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 11.

Unfortunately, Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 5 was pulled up during the stadium jumping phase of the competition after he suffered a hock injury.
Unfortunately, Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 6 went off course during the stadium jumping phase of the competition and was eliminated.

The following horses advanced in level after this week's horse trials:

Cavallo Stables' The Dead Sea advanced to the Advanced level.

The following horses incurred vet fees this round:

Crestwood Estate's CE Riverside King incurred 25c in vet fees. Thanks to RVCTA insurance, this amount was reduced to 0c.

be sure to check my last post on page 7, as i posited quite a few ideas there that i'd much like some input on. high point championships to follow shortly!
caf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

fall 2018 high point awards

Postby caf. » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:38 pm

RVCTA 2018 Fall Season Awards

Congratulations, Redwood Valley Combined Training Association members! This first season of competition has been an incredible start to a lengthy tradition of athletic excellence, and we most certainly couldn't have done any of it without your patronage, participation, and contributions to the growth and wellbeing of the association. Regardless of your leaderboard standings or the length of time you've been a member of the RVCTA family, give yourselves a hand!

We now present a number of awards to the best and brightest horses in the association, along with the talented and patient teams dedicated to their performance and wellbeing. These incredible athletes embody the spirit of our sport, and for many, this will be only the first of many prestigious awards they receive throughout their career. Without further ado, we begin with the awards for the Intermediate division.

Moonlit Waters, owned by Rose Crest Stables, is the Fall 2018 Intermediate Reserve Champion with a total of 105 points. He is awarded a prize of 2,500c by RVCTA.
The Dead Sea, owned by Cavallo Stables, is the Fall 2018 Intermediate Grand Champion with a total of 150 points. She is awarded a prize of 5,000c by RVCTA.

Following the Intermediate division is the Preliminary division. Give the Preliminary riders and horses a hand!

Sticks and Stones, owned by Cavallo Stables, ends the season in seventh place with a total of 30 points.
Beat The Gun, owned by Silver Sea Stables, ends the season in sixth place with a total of 60 points.
Moonlit Waters, owned at the time by Cavallo Stables, Over and Out, owned by Cavallo Stables, and CE Cutting Edge, owned by Crestwood Estate, all tied for fourth place with a total of 80 points.
Moonlit Waters, owned by Rose Crest Stables, and The Winter Sea, owned by Cavallo Stables, are the Fall 2018 Preliminary Reserve Champions with a total of 125 points. They are each awarded a prize of 2,500c by RVCTA.
The Dead Sea, owned by Cavallo Stables, is the Fall 2018 Preliminary Grand Champion with a total of 160 points. She is awarded a prize of 5,000c by RVCTA.

We now present the results of the brand-new Modified division; a special thank-you to these competitors for making this division possible!

CE Riverside King, owned by Crestwood Estate, ends the season in third place with a total of 45 points.
Sticks and Stones, owned by Cavallo Stables, is the Fall 2018 Modified Reserve Champion with a total of 60 points. She is awarded a prize of 2,500c by RVCTA.
Himmlischer Tanz, owned by Foxtail Stables, is the Fall 2018 Modified Grand Champion with a total of 140 points. she is awarded a prize of 5,000c by RVCTA.

Here now are the results for the Training division; congratulations to these winners!

CE Riverside King, owned by Crestwood Estate, ends the season in tenth place with a total of 35 points.
Ash Wine, owned by Foxtail Stables, ends the season in ninth place with a total of 45 points.
Mind Over Matter, owned by Silver Sea Stables, ends the season in eighth place with a total of 60 points.
Sticks and Stones, owned by Cavallo Stables, ends the season in seventh place with a total of 70 points.
Over and Out, owned by Cavallo Stables, ends the season in sixth place with a total of 80 points.
CE Cutting Edge, owned by Crestwood Estate, ends the season in fifth place with a total of 125 points.
CE Edge of the Water, owned by Crestwood Estate, ends the season in fourth place with a total of 135 points.
The Winter Sea, owned by Cavallo Stables, ends the season in third place with a total of 160 points.
Himmlischer Tanz, owned by Foxtail Stables, is the Fall 2018 Training Reserve Champion with a total of 195 points. She is awarded a prize of 2,500c by RVCTA.
CE Sing It Sharp, owned by Rose Crest Stables, is the Fall 2018 Training Grand Champion with a total of 205 points. She is awarded a prize of 5,000c by RVCTA.

Last but certainly not least, the results of our Novice division.

CE Riverside King ends the season in eleventh place with a total of 35 points.
Beat The Gun and Bronze Moon, owned by Silver Sea Stables, end the season in ninth place with a total of 45 points.
Mind Over Matter, owned by Silver Sea Stables, ends the season in eighth place with a total of 80 points.
CE Cutting Edge, owned by Crestwood Estate, and CE Sing It Sharp, owned by Rose Crest Stables, end the season in sixth place with a total of 90 points.
CE Edge of the Water, owned by Crestwood Estate, ends the season in fifth place with a total of 115 points.
Miss Affirmative, owned by Silver Sea Stables, ends the season in fourth place with a total of 140 points.
Over and Out, owned by Cavallo Stables, ends the season in third place with a total of 160 points.
DSS The 107th, owned by Daisy Stone Stables LLC, is the Fall 2018 Novice Reserve Champion with a total of 165 points. She is awarded a prize of 2,500c by RVCTA.
Ash Wine, owned by Foxtail Stables, is the Fall 2018 Novice Grand Champion with a total of 285 points. He is awarded a prize of 5,000c by RVCTA.

Redwood Valley Combined Training Association extends a happy congratulations to every competitor this season, and especially to our Grand and Reserve Champions. Additionally, we'd like to recognize a few more special horses this season; those that collected the most points overall, and those that won the most individual competitions. First off, our overall high-point champions.

Miss Affirmative and Mind Over Matter, owned by Silver Sea Stables, end the season with a total of 140 points overall.
Sticks and Stones, owned by Cavallo Stables, ends the season with a total of 160 points overall.
DSS The 107th, owned by Daisy Stone Stables LLC, ends the season with a total of 165 points overall.
Moonlit Waters, owned by Rose Crest Stables, ends the season with a total of 230 points overall.
CE Edge of the Water, owned by Crestwood Estate, ends the season with a total of 250 points overall.
CE Cutting Edge, owned by Crestwood Estate, and CE Sing It Sharp, owned by Rose Crest Stables, end the season with a total of 295 points overall.
The Dead Sea, owned by Cavallo Stables, ends the season with a total of 310 points overall.
Over and Out, owned by Cavallo Stables, ends the season with a total of 320 points overall.
Ash Wine, owned by Foxtail Stables, ends the season with a total of 330 points overall.
Himmlischer Tanz, owned by Foxtail Stables, is the Fall 2018 High-Point Champion with a total of 335 points overall. She is awarded a prize of 1,250c by RVCTA.

Finally, we'd like to recognize our Fall 2018 Big Winners.

Moonlit Waters and CE Sing It Sharp, owned by Rose Crest Stables, and Ash Wine, owned by Foxtail Stables, end the season with two total wins.
The Winter Sea, owned by Cavallo Stables, ends the season with three total wins.
Over and Out, owned by Cavallo Stables, is the Fall 2018 Big Winner Champion with four total wins. He is awarded a prize of 1,250c by RVCTA.

One final hand for all of our horses, riders, trainers, grooms, volunteers, judges, and association members for a fantastic season!

We are excitedly looking forward to a brand-new series of horse trials this winter season, which commences on the 22nd of December and extends until the 16th of March, 2019. There's no time to waste, for a number of new and exciting competitions lie on the horizon! For now, it is time to celebrate the winter holiday season, and look forward to a hopeful new year.

Show entries are now open until Saturday, December 29.
caf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: redwood valley combined training association

Postby withtheroses » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:13 pm

Competition Entry

Username: ♥rose♥
Barn Name: Rose Crest Stable

Horse: Moonlit Waters
Level: Intermediate

Horse: CE Sing it Sharp
Level: Training

Total Entry Fees: 450c
Bank Account: Bank account: Swoopity Boopity

Hoping this is all correct Cx
withtheroses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sandy Hoofprints » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:01 am

Competition Entry

Username: Sandy Hoofprints
Barn Name: Silver Sea Stables

Horse: Mind Over Matter
Horse: Miss Affirmative
Horse: Bronze Moon
Level: Novice
Horse: Beat The Gun
Level: Preliminary

Total Entry Fees: 600c
Bank Account: boop

I love the YEH idea caf!
Sandy Hoofprints

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OutFoxed » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:53 am

Competition Entry

Username: OutFoxed
Barn Name: Foxtail Stables

Horse: Himmlischer Tanz
Level: Modified
Horse: Ash Wine

Total Entry Fees: 300c
Bank Account: :x:
OutFoxed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby caf. » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:15 pm

all horses entered! sorry i'm behind, all; i've been on vacation, just now got my wifi connection back. results will be posted soon!
caf - they/them - bi
equestrian - vocalist - student

mostly i hang around here for
RVEC nowadays, though i
roleplay on occasion. chat
with me about horses, music,
math, science, or...anything!
caf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby caf. » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:53 pm

The Novice horse trial has concluded. Congratulations to the winners!

In first place, with a score of 38.80 penalties, is Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 8.
In second place, with a score of 42.56 penalties, is Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 11.
In third place, with a score of 79.76 penalties, is Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 10.
In fourth place, earning 250c and 35 leaderboard points with a score of 82.13 penalties, is Silver Sea Stables' Bronze Moon.

Unfortunately, Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 7 and Filler Horse 12 both took too many refusals during the stadium jumping phase of the competition and were eliminated.

The Training horse trial has concluded. Congratulations to the winners!

In first place, earning 1,000c and 80 leaderboard points with a score of 30.74 penalties, is Silver Sea Stables' Mind Over Matter.
In second place, earning 700c and 60 leaderboard points with a score of 38.37 penalties, is Silver Sea Stables' Miss Affirmative.
In third place, earning 500c and 45 leaderboard points with a score of 64.89 penalties, is Foxtail Stables' Ash Wine.
In fourth place, with a score of 138.15 penalties, is Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 3.

Unfortunately, Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 9 was pulled up during the stadium jumping phase of the competition as she appeared to be injured.
Unfortunately, Rose Crest Stables' CE Sing It Sharp took too many refusals during the stadium jumping phase of the competition and was eliminated.

The Modified horse trial has concluded. Congratulations to the winners!

In first place, with a score of 42.40 penalties, is Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 8.
In second place, earning 825c and 60 leaderboard points with a score of 52.52 penalties, is Cavallo Stables' Sticks and Stones.
In third place, with a score of 54.38 penalties, is Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 4.
In fourth place, earning 425c and 35 leaderboard points with a score of 57.42, is Foxtail Stables' Himmlischer Tanz.
In fifth place, earning 200c and 30 leaderboard points with a score of 63.30 penalties, is Crestwood Estate's CE Edge of the Water.

Unfortunately, Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 3 went off-course during the cross-country phase of the competition and was eliminated.

The Preliminary horse trial has concluded. Congratulations to the winners!

In first place, earning 1,250c and 80 leaderboard points with a score of 32.95 penalties, is Silver Sea Stables' Beat The Gun.
In second place, with a score of 43.64 penalties, is Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 9.
In third place, earning 750c and 45 leaderboard points with a score of 58.55 penalties, is Crestwood Estate's CE Riverside King.
In fourth place, earning 550c and 35 leaderboard points with a score of 80.30 penalties, is Crestwood Estate's CE Cutting Edge.

Unfortunately, Cavallo Stables' The Winter Sea suffered a hock injury during the dressage phase of the competition and was pulled up. Luckily, she seems to be recovering well.
Unfortunately, Cavallo Stables' Over and Out fell during the cross-country phase of the competition and was eliminated. Luckily, he was unhurt.

The Intermediate horse trial has concluded. Congratulations to the winners!

In first place, earning 1,750c and 80 leaderboard points with a score of 46.64 penalties, is Rose Crest Stables' Moonlit Waters.
In second place, with a score of 47.57 penalties, is Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 3.
In third place, with a score of 51.59 penalties, is Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 10.
In fourth place, with a score of 68.79 penalties, is Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 6.
In fifth place, with a score of 69.37 penalties, is Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 2.
In sixth place, with a score of 134.19 penalties, is Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 4.

The Advanced horse trial has concluded. Congratulations to the winners!

In first place, with a score of 38.78 penalties, is Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 8.
In second place, with a score of 38.90 penalties, is Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 12.
In third place, with a score of 58.60 penalties, is Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 10.
In fourth place, with a score of 61.57 penalties, is Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 3.

Unfortunately, Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre's Filler Horse 1 suffered a bowed tendon during the cross-country phase of the competition and was pulled up.
Unfortunately, Cavallo Stables' The Dead Sea took too many refusals during the cross-country phase of the competition and was eliminated.

The following horses advanced in level after this week's horse trials:

Silver Sea Stables' Bronze Moon advanced to the Training level.
Silver Sea Stables' Mind Over Matter advanced to the Preliminary level.
Foxtail Stables' Ash Wine advanced to the Preliminary level.
Crestwood Estate's CE Cutting Edge advanced to the Intermediate level.
Rose Crest Stables' Moonlit Waters advanced to the Advanced level.

The following horses incurred vet fees this round:

Cavallo Stables' The Winter Sea incurred 25c in vet fees. Thanks to RVCTA insurance, this amount was reduced to 0c.

Click here to see how your horse did and why!

Show entries are now open until Saturday, January 5th.

(leaderboard and markers will be updated tomorrow - i'm going to sleep lol. happy holidays everyone!)
caf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby caf. » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:02 am

caf. wrote:as for what [OutFoxed] posited about optional "extra credit prompts," i am certainly amenable to the idea. perhaps each completed prompt would count as an "elimination save" that would prevent the horse from being knocked out of competition? those would be fairly easy to track on the leaderboard sheet, so i don't mind that at all. i would, however, want to make it so that there is a 15-25% chance that a save fails, and that certain events - spooks, bucks, lost shoes, and so forth - aren't applicable to saves. i just want to be careful about allowing players to rack up a huge number of bonuses that prevent anyone else from edging into the winning positions. alternatively, i could put a limit on how many saves any one player could rack up to prevent that? all just ideas, here - let me know what you think!

i'd like to ask real quick about the roleplay, since it seems like it hasn't picked up yet. is it simply that everyone's busy at the moment and doesn't have time for it, or is there something i can improve that would make it more attractive to you all? please feel free to be honest with your criticisms - i haven't really roleplayed in well over three years, so if someone else has better ideas that would draw in more attention i'm perfectly happy to take some input or hand over the project altogether!

another thing i was mulling over last night when i saw your post was FEH/YEH. originally, i wanted those events to be akin to futurities; just a sort of natural progression for young eventers before they enter the official horse trial scene. however, the Beginner Novice competitions and the potential addition of dressage-only or sporthorse conformation classes seems to cover that niche. i wrote up a little something last night on a different sort of FEH/YEH event, and i'd love to know if you all would be interested:

"Future Event Horse/Young Event Horse would be an annual or bi-annual event very similar in form and function to the Mustang Million event, in which players write and draw various training prompts for a horse and later roleplaying a competition. The real-world Future Event Horse/FEH competitions are classes for yearlings and two and three-year-olds, which involve a halter class and a free-jump class for the older horses. The Young Event Horse/YEH classes are for four and five year olds, and involve a halter class, dressage test, and jumping/gallop test. The RVCTA YEH/FEH events would be very similar in structure and form.

The event would begin similarly to Mustang Million in the auction phase; a number of weanling eventing prospects (anglo-arabians, warmbloods, sporthorses, and thoroughbreds, namely) would be auctioned off. These horses would be pre-registered in RVCTA; non-RVCTA members and RVCTA members who wished not to participate would be able to adopt the horses at an increased price. Uniquely, however, the horse's stats and personality would be hidden until age four (as weanlings tend to be gawky and overall difficult to predict); each horse would come with a backstory and a description of its appearance at the sales, which is all the players would have to go off of until they fully matured. Obviously, this does require some involvement from Syd, as she'd have to create the adopts and release the stats.

For each year of the horses' lives, a list of prompts would be released, asking for descriptions of various milestones; sale day, delivery day, first bridling, and so forth. There is no minimum number of prompts, so it is possible for someone to complete the event with no writing or art whatsoever; however, as each prompt yields a certain number of training points, it would be impossible to win any real prizes. At the conclusion of each "year," the horses will compete in a YEH or FEH class respective of their ages and age one year. As the horses grow older and older, the prizes get larger and larger. Any horse that completes the program through age five is automatically qualified for the Preliminary level.

The competitions themselves are partially computer-generated and partially generated by player input. The horse's starting score is determined by its physical stats, personality, and training; however, players will roleplay the competition scenes, which will add bonuses and random events according to the horse's described performance. Players that put more effort into their competition posts will usually receive higher scores.

The contest itself would last around four months, hopefully during the summer. Participation is, of course, not at all required, but highly encouraged (and highly incentivized, with a number of exciting prizes)."

obviously, it's very much a work-in-progress right now. does that sound like something everyone would enjoy, or too much work? i tried to make it a little more structured and a little less work-heavy so that it's not a massive commitment, but of course i completely understand if it's a little much for the association at the moment.

wanted to quote the important parts of this post to get this discussion going as well! so far, everyone seems to be responding well to the YEH idea, so i'll have to get started on making that potentially happen, aha. please, if you have feedback on any of these ideas, i'd love to hear it!

also, as i've been looking at the rate of advancement through the levels, i'm not totally satisfied with how it's working out thus far. would you all see it as fair to make the qualifications for the levels more difficult? only for the upper levels (P, I, A)? what about the horses that have already advanced under the easier restrictions; should they be moved back down, or perhaps placed in a "trial period" of sorts to prove that they are serviceable at their current level, or should they be left alone?
caf - they/them - bi
equestrian - vocalist - student

mostly i hang around here for
RVEC nowadays, though i
roleplay on occasion. chat
with me about horses, music,
math, science, or...anything!
caf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby caf. » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:18 am

hey there RVCTA! before anything else, i do want to say how sincerely sorry i am about my absence this month - i've had a bit of a wild ride with my personal life, but i've missed you all greatly and am really looking forward to getting back into things! i haven't been totally inactive, however; i've been touching on some behind-the-scenes updates for RVCTA that i am now fully ready to reveal in preparation for the next cycle of shows. so, without any further ado, let me present what i have!

In the past, RVCTA calculated random events with the same percentage chances of each event for every level. The difficulty change between the levels lay primarily in the increasingly difficult optimum times for the stadium jumping and cross-country phases. Random events also played a very large component of a horse's final placing, to the dismay of many owners with well-bred, promising horses who consistently failed to complete horse trials due to an unfortunate event generation. Refusals and knocked poles were also calculated somewhat unrealistically; a horse was equally likely to have one refusal as he was to have four, with the same general likelihood for knocked rails.

RVCTA now has a separate events sheet for each phase of each level to promote realistic changes of difficulty as the levels rise. The events have been divided into categories whose likelihoods change at different rates as the levels increase, but in general, the lower levels (BN, N, T, P, M to an extent) have become markedly 'easier' (in the sense that horses are far more likely to have no events in a given phase), while it is now impossible to finish the Advanced horse trial without at least one random event. Keep in mind, however, that some events can be negated by a horse's attitude or stat distribution, and further, some penalties are so minor that they ultimately have little bearing on the final score.

Category A events are those that tend to become more common as the difficulty of the competition increases; these include (but are not limited to) refusals, knocked poles, balks, falls, injuries, slow rounds, and late lead changes (dressage only). As the levels increase, so do the likelihoods of these events; at Modified, they begin to uptick sharply to reflect the sudden jump in difficulty from Modified to Preliminary and from Preliminary to Intermediate.

Category B events are those that are common of inexperienced horses and greener riders at the lower levels; these include (but are not limited to) spooks, trips, bucks, disobediences, and going off course. All events that do not fall under Category A fall under Category B. These events steadily decrease from BN through Modified, and after that point level off.

Additionally, the calculations for three events - Refusal, Knocked Pole, and Fall - have been slightly modified to promote realism. The majority of horses generating these events will now have only one or two refusals or poles down, with eliminations by refusal becoming markedly rarer. The Fall calculation still incurs elimination no matter what, as per USEA rules, but a horse is now 5x more likely to be injured in a high-speed crash at the Advanced level than a small tumble at BN.

Finally, a new rule has been implemented to help regulate the transfer of horses between levels. Eliminations are now to be tracked. At the Preliminary level, three consecutive eliminations will now cause a horse to lose its level qualification; the horse will need to return to Training or Modified to try again at Preliminary. At Intermediate and Advanced, two consecutive eliminations is enough to merit a loss of qualification. Loss of qualification does not affect a horse's standings on the high-point leaderboard or hall of fame.

this information will be added to the main thread soon. with all of that said,

Show entries have been extended until Saturday, January 26th.

best of luck!
caf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby withtheroses » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:55 am

Competition Entry