๐ƒ๐€๐‚๐‡๐’๐‡๐”๐๐ƒ ๐‚๐Ž๐‘๐๐„๐‘ - ๐†๐„๐๐„๐“๐ˆ๐‚๐’

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

๐ƒ๐€๐‚๐‡๐’๐‡๐”๐๐ƒ ๐‚๐Ž๐‘๐๐„๐‘ - ๐†๐„๐๐„๐“๐ˆ๐‚๐’

Postby eleutheromania » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:24 pm

โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
main topic โ‹ฏ nursery โ‹ฏ fanclub โ‹ฏ genetics/colors [ you are here ]
archive โ‹ฏ artist search โ‹ฏ custom shop โ‹ฏ Discord
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€

๐‚๐Ž๐€๐“ ๐“๐˜๐๐„๐’
dachshunds have three standard coat types: short hair, long hair, and wire hair.
wire is dominate to all the other coat times. smooth is next in line and long his always recessive.
two long hair parents can only produce long hairs.

WW - wire not carrying for long or smooth.
LL - smooth not carrying for long.
ll - long hair.

dachshunds have six basic base coats.

๐๐‹๐€๐‚๐Š ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐“๐€๐ ( BB/Bb ) - black with tan points, dominate to chocolate. can only produce choco
late if both parents are carriers of chocolate [Bb] or one is chocolate and the other carries.
๐‚๐‡๐Ž๐‚๐Ž๐‹๐€๐“๐„ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐“๐€๐ ( bb ) - chocolate is recessive. parents must either be chocolate or carry it
to produce chocolate.
๐‘๐„๐ƒ ( AสธAสธ ) - can only produce red puppies when having two genes. a [ AสธAแต— ] dog will be red but can
produce puppies of different colors dependent on other genes. [ Aแต—Aแต— ] results in dogs with tan points
that are not red. an [ee] red is a term used for a non-shaded dog. [ EE ] is a shaded dog.
๐‚๐‘๐„๐€๐Œ ( cแถœสฐcแถœสฐ ) - a solid cream is a red [ AสธAสธ/AสธAแต— ] with two copies of the [ cแถœสฐcแถœสฐ ] gene. one parent
must be cream in order to produce creams as the gene is recessive or both must carry cream [Cแถœสฐcแถœสฐ ]
non-cream dogs are [ CแถœสฐCแถœสฐ]
๐‚๐‡๐Ž๐‚๐Ž๐‹๐€๐“๐„ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐‚๐‘๐„๐€๐Œ - a dog with the genetics of chocolate and tan but has the cแถœสฐcแถœสฐ gene.
๐๐‹๐€๐‚๐Š ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐‚๐‘๐„๐€๐Œ - a dog with the genetics of black and tan but has the cแถœสฐcแถœสฐ gene.

๐ƒ๐ˆ๐‹๐”๐“๐„ ( dd ) - a gene that causes chocolate to become isabella and black to become blue in dogs.
a dog must be a dilute or two dogs must carry the gene in order to make dilute colored dogs.

coat patterns

๐๐‘๐ˆ๐๐ƒ๐‹๐„ ( Kแต‡สณKแต‡สณ ) - a dog that has stripes. it is a dominant gene. one parent must be brindle to
produce a brindle. brindle will not show on the black portions of a dog due to the stripes being
black. the stripes on chocolate or chocolate based red [ AสธAสธ] will be liver. a dog that has two copies
of [ Kแต‡สณ ] gene will always produce brindle
๐’๐€๐๐‹๐„ - only really seen in wires and also known as wild boar. to get a sable, one parent must be
sable. Found in Red dogs, sable is black hairs shading the coat so black based dogs cannot be sable.
๐๐ˆ๐„๐๐€๐‹๐ƒ ( sแต–sแต– ) - dogs that have white paws, tail tip, and chest show for piebald. most usually have
more white on them. piebald is recessive so a dog must recieve two copies in order to be a pie,
a carrier is Sแต–sแต–. along with piebald comes ticking [ TT ]. spots of the base coat that cover the white
area.
๐ƒ๐€๐๐๐‹๐„ ( Mm ) - also known as merle. merle does are [Mm]. the gene cannot be carried, a dog eith
er is a merle or it isn't. [ mm ]. a [ MM ] dog is a double merle which is frowned upon in breedings.
these dogs usually are born deaf/blind and sometimes without eyes. reds and cream are known to
hide the dapple pattern. dachshunds with blue eyes are always dapple. dapple can also be patchw
ork which means the dapple is two different colors.
Last edited by eleutheromania on Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:41 am, edited 12 times in total.
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eleutheromania » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:26 pm

๐„๐—๐€๐Œ๐๐‹๐„๐’

black and tan - click
black and cream - click
chocolate and tan - click
chocolate and cream - click
EE cream - click
ee cream - click
EE Red - clikc
ee red - click
isabella - click
blue - click

brindle - click
piebald - click
dapple - click
sable - click
Last edited by eleutheromania on Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eleutheromania » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:38 am

๐ ๐ž๐ง๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ ๐ ๐ž๐ง๐ž๐ญ๐ข๐œ ๐ ๐ฎ๐ข๐๐ž

the E series
[ ee ] - solid red dog. all other genes are hidden on the dog until paired with a non-ee dog.
[ Ee ] - allows the A locus to show but is a carrier of recessive red.
[ EE ] - allows the A locus to show, doesn't affect the dog

the K series..
[ Kแดฎ ] - solid black, self-coloring. any dog with this will be solid.
[ kสธ ] - allows A locus to express without brindle
[ kแต‡สณ ] - allows A locus to express with brindle.

the B series
[ BB ] black based dog
[ Bb ] black based dog that carries chocolate
[ bb ] chocolate dog.

the C series
[ cแถœสฐcแถœสฐ ] - a cream colored dog. [ ee unless shaded/sable ] or cream colored points on a dog. true creams are born black and lighten with age.
[ Cแถœสฐcแถœสฐ ] - a dog that carries for cream.
[ CแถœสฐCแถœสฐ ] - non cream dog.

the D series
[ DD ] non-diluted dog.
[ Dd ] non-diluted dog that carries dilute.
[ dd ] diluted dog of black or chocolate [ blue/isabella ]

the A series
[ a ] - recessive black.
[ Aสธ ] - responsible for fawn/sable/shaded patterned dog. usually a non recessive red.
[ Aแต— ] - produces tan points on the dog.

the M series
[ mm ] - non-merle/dapple
[ Mm ] - merle/dapple
[ MM ] - double merle/dapple [ usually consists with many health problems ]

the S series
[ SS ] no white
[ Sแต–sแต– ] carrier [ shows white on chest, tail, or paws. minimal white ]
[ sแต–sแต– ] piebald [ no true way to test how much will be white on the dog ]

the T series
[ TT ] ticking
[ Tt ] carries for ticking
[ tt ] clear white