Journey to the Trinity Tree - Summer event prompts

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Journey to the Trinity Tree - June 1st Prompt

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:18 am

The portal opens in the center of your groups home, calling out for a champion, a hero. A representative to fight an enemy beyond any they'd ever seen before. Who could ever make that call? Who answers the cry to action? Does the leader appoint someone, do they battle for the right as a warrior? Do they send the smart or the brave or the healers? What drives your group to make the choice they make and how does this hero rise to the occasion, if they rise at all? Do they fight their fate, or accept it?

You're here now, champion, and no matter what made you step through that portal, you've got a mission.

Username: Kitten-Girl-500
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt:
Ichyr | Ravah | Subira | Luina
Link to their pride or group: Summitfall Pride
Prompt level completion: Level 5
Prompt: Subira stalked through the fighting, passing groups of lions and hiamoe locked in combat. She tried to keep to the edges as much as possible until she could reach her goal: the generals. Subira wanted to make them regret everything they’d done to her, then throw them in a pit. She knew she harbored grudges; it was one thing she could never make go away. But right now, Subira didn’t care. The brown male had to pay.
SPACEWeaving through the battlefield, Subira soon caught sight of the lion she was looking for. He fought off a hiamoe single-pawed as she watched, shouting in triumph as the creature vanished back into the darkness.
SPACEShe lowered herself to the ground and slunk closer, keeping her body low to the ground like the lion was her prey. Subira had never really wanted to be a hunter, but she was glad that Yang had insisted that every lion learn basic techniques for each profession. She knew how to place her paws on the ground in just the right way to reduce drag and noise, and how to still her tail so it didn’t give her away.
SPACEThanks to her technical approach, Subira went unnoticed by the brown lion, who appeared to be taking a short breather. He stood there, flanks heaving as he watched the fighting around him, completely oblivious.
SPACESubira bunched her haunches, then sprang, claws extended for the lion’s face.
SPACEHe let out a cry of surprise as she slammed into his back, knocking him to the ground. Subira tried to pin his shoulders to the ground, but the lion was an experienced fighter, and he knocked her forepaws out from under her. Her shoulder slammed into the ground, and Subira immediately got back to her paws, facing the general.
SPACEThey faced each other, slowly moving in a circle. “I knew you couldn’t be trusted,” the general sneered, then launched himself toward her.
SPACESubira barely had enough warning to dive out of the way before he passed overhead. He had aimed right where her face had been a second ago. He landed heavily, and Subira was able to dart in and deal a couple blows to his flanks, then jump back out of melee range.
SPACE“So, this is where you’re supposed to beat me, right?” She yawned, faking boredness. “Yeah, I don’t think that’s gonna happen, buddy.”
SPACEThe general looked infuriated by her lack of respect for him. His eyes alighted with rage, and he roared as he lunged for her, catching her shoulder. Subira felt his claws rip fur, and she smoothly shifted into snake form, throwing off his leap. Instead of pinning down a lioness, the general now slammed into a wall of scales and muscle.
SPACESubira was done playing around. She whipped her head around and sunk her massive fangs into his shoulder. The general let out a howl of pain and skittered away like a sand crab. Subira followed him, preparing for a final blow. This lion didn’t deserve to live for hurting innocents. He had done too much to be considered innocent himself.
SPACEShe unhinged her jaw and was just about to strike when there was a cry of anguish from her left. Kadiki ran and stood in front of the general, blocking Subira’s way. “Don’t do it,” Kadiki shouted to Subira. “Then you’ll be just as bad as he is.”
SPACE“He deserves to die for all he’s done,” Subira hissed, shifting back into her lion form.
SPACEKadiki’s gaze hardened. “You know you’re better than him. Don’t lower yourself down to his level.
SPACEAfter much mental debate, Subira finally snorted a sigh. “Fine.”
SPACEThe general stood up, wincing at the pain in his shoulder. “You’re insane.”
SPACE“Why, thank you,” Subira retorted, grinning.
SPACE“You should go see a healer,” Kadiki said promptly. “I’ve heard snake venom’s poisonous.”
SPACEThe general groaned and did his best to nod, then limped off. Subira felt a twinge of satisfaction as he tottered off toward the tunnel entrance. Served him right, foolish pig.
SPACEKadiki turned to face Subira. “What were you thinking?”
SPACE“I was just…” Subira stopped mid-sentence, instantly alert. She could smell… smoke.
SPACEAll of a sudden there was an ear-splitting howl from the Trinity Tree. Subira whipped around to see smoke winding through the branches, glimmers of orange flickering at the base. The goddess’ screams of pain sounded through the whole battlefield, soon joined by those of a more masculine voice.
SPACE“Both trees are on fire!” Subira screeched, leaping into action.
SPACESekhmet was nearby, frozen in place. The poor lioness looked unsure of what to do. Should she let one tree burn and save the other? Subira knew that Sekhmet’s power wasn’t strong enough to rescue both trees.
SPACE“Go help the tree of decay,” Subira ordered the brown-spotted lioness. Sekhmet looked relieved at being told what to do, and she nodded, then sprinted for the forest.
SPACESuddenly there was an even higher-pitched scream from the tree. Subira saw the glint of eyes among the canopy—what was a cub doing up there?! The cub tried to climb higher, but it slipped and fell onto a lower branch, hind paws churning in empty air while its torso hung over the branch.
SPACE“I’m coming!” Subira shouted, running at full-tilt toward the tree. As she reached the tree and began climbing, she was eternally grateful for her time spent with Asa climbing around and repairing branches. Subira knew where the best knots and holds were now, and she ascended the trunk with surprising speed for her stature.
SPACEAs soon as she reached the canopy, smoke billowed over her in waves, making her eyes water. Subira choked on the acrid air, searching for the cub. She wanted to get out of this nightmare as fast as possible.
SPACEThere! The cub’s branch was bending, threatening to drop the cub into the inferno below. Subira shifted into her snake form, then coiled herself around the base of the branch. She stretched her neck out, hoping that she was long enough to reach.
SPACEThe cub let out a frightened cry as Subira neared. She did her best to reassure the cub as she grasped its teeny scruff in her large jaws. She was just able to get a secure hold when the section the cub was on broke.
SPACESubira stiffened all the muscles in her snake body, holding herself straight as she quickly pulled herself back. She collapsed onto the crook between branches, thankful that she hadn’t dropped the little creature.
SPACEShifting back into lion form, Subira readjusted her grip on the cub’s scruff and started down the tree. It wasn’t easy, going down backwards, and there were multiple times when Subira almost dropped the little mite. Still, she was only a few tail-lengths off the ground when she slipped, sending them both tumbling onto the dry grass below.
SPACESubira could hear bustling around her, but she stayed in her sprawled position, suddenly too tired to move. A moment later, she went unconscious.
SPACEToo… much… smoke…
1167/1000

───────── ❝ 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆'𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐁𝐄 xxxxxx
you'll never know what could be until you stand up and try. xxx𝐀𝐋𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 !! ❞─── ©

xxImage
------------------------------------------------------
.....Hey there! I'm Kitten, a Christian teen trying
......to love God and love others. I'm especially
......into writing, books, and art!! Not really active
......on here anymore, just here for a few friends
......and some art stuff. Don't expect quick replies
......from me, thank you <3xxxxxxpsalm 119:105

------------------------------------------------------
┍━━━━━━━━━━━━. ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆. ━━━━━━━━━━━━┑
xxxstormbuffearthaoiknick's murdercats
.xxraini-froggemeek the weakshyshie.
xxxxxxxxpanda sistaocean xinqiu
┕━━━━━━━━━━━━. ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ .━━━━━━━━━━━━┙
Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prompt 12: 1047 words

Postby -Isabella- » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:08 am

Username: Isabella45
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Khalida, Nthanda, Ravi, Valerius
Link to their pride or group: xxXxx
Prompt:

Because of (or despite) your cats best efforts, whether it was their own party, or a splinter somewhere, the trees both find themselves aflame... spreading strongly, deeply, as the god of decay and goddess howl, ear shattering cries that shake the battlefield to its roots and send the soldiers reeling back to try to protect their patron. It goes from danger to panic in an instant as all efforts are made on both sides to put out the spreading and all consuming flames that tear across the ancient beings surfaces.

Those responsible...slink back into the shadows to try and remain unnoticed. But the attention is so torn apart their presence isn't even registered.

How do your cats handle the flames? How do they battle them? Do they chase after the fleeing foes or retreat to try to save their tree too? Do they continue trying to sabotage the other side? Can they stay calm under this pressure and react responsibly to the heavy smoke filling the field and the fear of fire trapping them?

Khalida crept along with the small group, not commenting even as they fought or argued over the most petty of things. They were obviously on edge, as she thought they should be given their ‘mission’.
This could very well end badly for any of them. And even if they did succeed she doubted the goddess’s followers would just let them off the hook if they determined that this group was the source of the trouble.
Now they had stopped to build a small fire where they might harvest the flame. Once a few of them had torches they put the fire out and continued on their way.

“Well, here we are,” one lion said with a snicker as they got to the tree.

“Are you…sure about this?” One cat asked uncertainly.

“Of course,” the lion muttered irritably. “We didn’t come this far just to give in and give up.”

“It just…seems wrong perhaps,” the cat said hesitantly.

“Wrong.” The lion snorted. “They’d do the same, given the chance.”

“Well, doesn’t mean we have to as well,” the cat added.

“Go if you must but don’t go and mess things up,” the lion growled, heading toward the tree with his torch.

Khalida was almost going to interfere when the cat suddenly darted forward and cut the lion off. “We can’t! It isn’t right. This isn’t a fair fight!”

The two began to argue and the lion tried to push past the smaller cat, but the cat tripped him up and he stumbled, dropping the torch. Even though the grass had been wet the flame sparked and the roots of the tree caught on fire.
The cat seemed dismayed while the lion seemed pleased as he stood back.
“See, this is what we need,” he said, eyes glowing with eagerness.

“This isn’t how it was supposed to go,” the cat said, shaking his head and looking on with wide eyed as the goddess let out a piercing cry that seemed to get everyone’s attention.
Khalida backed away from them then lifted off the ground, flying back toward the battlefield where cats and lions had begun to peel away to try to protect the entities as the flames engulfed them both and began to spread.
~..............~

Back at the tree of life Nthanda had been sticking by Ravi as she had intended to, trying her best to protect him and make up for his injury.
The other army was fierce though and no less determined to win. She was beginning to doubt that they’d be able to hold out when piercing cries broke through the night over the sounds of the battle.
Everyone momentarily stumbled or paused, distracted by the sounds. Nthanda quickly caught sight of the flames overtaking the goddess’s tree. In the distance smoke rose above the forest and without a word both armies split away from each other, hurrying to protect the god and goddess.
Despite the split some did stay on the field, still locked in battle and seeming unwilling to give up.

Sparks flew across the field and Nthanda had to duck to avoid a few as she and Ravi headed back to the tree with some of the others.
The goddess’s cry pierced through her, making Nthanda wince.

“I didn’t even see anyone get through,” Ravi muttered.

“In all this chaos no one else did either,” she replied softly.

“What do we do?”

Nthanda didn’t reply at first, listening as everyone began to shout out instructions. Some were telling them to help evacuate the city, making sure the sick, injured, or young were free from the flames.
Others demanded they start a water chain while others thought it best to save themselves and get away from the field where various small fires were springing up.

It was chaos as lions and cats split off to do different things, all of them trying to avoid the flames.

~..........~

Across the field Valerius didn’t see Khalida returning and was torn between finding his group or going back to the god of decay. All around him the creatures in the army of decay were caught between seeming to want to protect their god and home and needing to avoid the danger the flames presented to them.
As one of them had fire make its way up their leg the creature made a sharp crying sound, alerting and spooking the other creatures.

Finally Valerius opted to find his companions. Even if he did go back to the tree there were plenty of lions already heading that way. He’d not be missed.
Carefully he tried to slip across the field unnoticed, dodging the flames, the retreating army, and those still locked in combat.
Luckily no one stopped him and when he finally got to the other side he saw that some of the goddess’s followers were already busy trying to put out the flames.
Some seemed almost panicked while others seemed oddly mechanic.
The smoke was a thick screen over everything now and it took him some time to locate Nthanda and Ravi.
Ravi was obviously feeling his injury, and Nthanda was keeping track of some young lions and cats who had fled in a panic and were now at a loss as to what to do or where to go.

“Where’s my sister?” She asked as soon as she saw him.

“I don’t know, she left with the ones who...did this.” He gestured to the flames. “I haven’t seen her since.”

Nthanda was clearly worried and began to look around, ears pricked. But even if her sister had been close by the smoke and flames didn’t allow her to see easily.

“This is out of control,” Valerius said. “This whole world may be destroyed at the rate they’re going.”

“I don’t even know what we should be doing at this point,” Nthanda murmured. “But I think we…need to keep each other safe, and do whatever we can to survive this and help the citizens.”

“Yeah, and hope we don’t die doing it,” Valerius muttered, looking around.
Lions and cats were still rushing about the field and the tree in a kind of frenzy, the flames growing higher by the moment and the smoke making a thick blanket over them all with no end to it all in sight.
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Journey to the Trinity Tree - Summer event prompts

Postby Meekins12345 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:12 am

Username: Meekins12345
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Erastus, Ciqala, Axel, and Scirocco
Link to their pride or group: The Cloud Coalition - A sub-pride of The Pride of Wikimak
Prompt: June 12th

"The Trinity tree is on fire!" Erastus exclaims, eyes as wide as saucers as he looks up to the howling tree. He couldn't help but feel sorry for the poor thing, to be burnt alive... well, at least for now. He had to help. They had to help somehow! They couldn't possibly leave the tree to burn, then all this fighting would just be in vain! He looked around frantically, ultimately finding Scirocco, and he quickly ran up to her. He could see it in her eyes, too. The concern for the tree... although there was more confusion there than anything. He assumed because she was still relatively new to all of this. Nevertheless, her concern was mirrored between all the other cats that he could see.

"We need to extinguish the fire!" Erastus called to her, causing a frown to grace the lionesses face.

"How?" She begged... the question he was wondering, too, frankly. How were they going to extinguish this fire? Of course the impending rain was still clearly on it's way but there was nothing yet! And it would be a clear waste of time of the rain didn't come and they just waited for nothing but the tree to burn down. No, they had to help now, somehow. His eyes darted about quickly, looking for some sort of device that they could use, while also looking for the remainder of their companions. He spotted Axel and Ciqala coming back toward them as well, as the fighting had ultimately come to a crashing halt once both trees were, apparently, caught on fire.

A moment more of looking and he saw a small bucket close by, his eyes lighting up upon seeing it and he quickly padded over to it. He took the handle in his maw and looked to the others, determination sparkling in his eye like a star.

"We need to get water and pour it on the tree!" He'd tell the others, other cats around the area suddenly turning toward his direction to hear what he had to say as well. It appeared he caught even their attention... without catching onto that fact himself.

"Find buckets and get water in them!"

"Where are we going to find water?" Scirocco asked with a frown... Ah, yes, another question... Another hard question. He wasn't aware of where the water came from besides the sky, and he didn't know anywhere that could possibly hold water. A frown soon graced his maw and his brow furrowed at that. Where, indeed? Where were they going to find the water to help their poor, practically defenseless tree?

A gasp came from Ciqala, and she immediately looked toward the direction of the woods. "The oasis! There's an oasis in the woods, and it has plenty of water! We can run there with the buckets, get water, and then run back and splash it on the tree!" Seemed she remembered something, and after speaking of the oasis, Erastus's memory was jogged as well. She had told him about this, and only now did he seem to remember such a fine detail.

"Do you remember where this oasis is?" Erastus begged of her.

"Yes," She'd state with a nod. "I can lead some cats there to get water, but we need to find buckets first."

Almost as if on queue, the cats and lions that had been listening into this conversation bolted down into the city, flooding it's tunnels and it's streets in search for more buckets, or just about anything that could possibly hold and carry water. It wasn't long after that cats and lions began pouring out from the tunnel and onto the surface, clad with buckets and cans and just about anything they thought could hold water.

Erastus could only blink upon seeing the cooperation, flabbergasted that he had even caught the attention of so many cats, and yet he felt something swell up in his chest... was this... some form of proudness? He shook his head seconds after. This wasn't a time to ponder emotions, this was a time to save their tree. Or... at least the tree that so many living here depended upon.

"For the tree!" He'd call, lifting his bucket high. An immediate response was given, the rest of the group raising their buckets and cans and whatever else they had and cheering the same thing.

"For the tree!"

"Anyone with a bucket or can or just something that can hold water, follow Ciqala to the oasis to gather water. Those without buckets, you have a choice. Follow those with buckets and watch over them, or begin scouting around for the splinters. We need to make sure this doesn't happen again. Make quick work of it, whatever you do, and don't waste time! Let's go!" Erastus called, soon motioning to Ciqala to lead them. Ciqala gave a nod to her superior before quickly beginning to run toward where she recalled the oasis was. It was a distance, but at the very least, it was water. They'd have to be on the lookout, though, for she knew it was close to the decaying creature's territory and had told the others of such things. Thankfully it appeared they had enough cats and lions following that could possibly deter any attacks from those seeking water, and Erastus could only push on. They'd save the Trinity tree, one way or another.

---

While the others had gone, Axel had remained, with a select few other cats and lions. Seemed they were intent on finding those who had gathered splinters to burn their tree. The group wordlessly ran out into the distant forests, away from where the others had gone, and began combing the area, looking for any clues, if not culprits, of the splinters and their groups. They had to make sure that this would not happen again, and that these folks wouldn't try to burn their fellow soldiers as well. These groups had to be stopped, and Axel was going to make sure they would be, along with plenty of other felines at his sides. (1,014 wc)
╔══.·:·.☽мєєкιηѕ☾.·:·.══╗
Child of the Living God
Doodler | Roleplayer
.·:·.
Wanna trade? Check out my
trading group!
Wanna chat or roleplay? PM me! ouo
Convocation
Valley of Kings
Three Pine Range
╚═══.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.═══╝
Meekins12345

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SurgeFire » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:32 am

Username: SurgeFire
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: lucian, calida, caspian, phoenix
Link to their pride or group: Vallis
Prompt:

Prompt 12 wrote:
Her best efforts... weren't enough.
No matter how hard she tried, no matter how far she went to try to encourage the others not to burn down the tree of life - they went for it.
They went to destroy something that didn't need to be destroyed in such a way; not at the clutches of flames, no, it didn't even have to be destroyed in the first place.

Phoenix was horrified at the result of this situation. It couldn't have gone any worse, could it?
And she felt a twinge of guilt; like she could have helped this situation, somehow, like her own proficiency in fire magic could have helped this, somehow - no, innocents were going to die at such a powerful flame, and she didn't do anything to stop it.
No, she tried to stop it. But her efforts just couldn't be enough... they couldn't have. The tree was aflame.
She was just so, so tired.

It wasn't as if their side had not been struck with fire, too- but she was too tired to truly help what was going on, as if she had little motivation to try to get rid of the fire. Why would she sympathize for the side that she had been fighting on - if they were just going to commit atrocities against the other? They weren't innocent in the war; they committed these acts of arson when it wasn't needed.
Phoenix would have felt much different about this if she knew for a fact that they were up against bloodthirsty, cold killers. If she knew they were up against creatures that wanted to destroy the balance of life and decay for a fact, if those words would have come from their own mouths. If she knew that their mission would effect the lives of those she truly cared about.

But she didn't. Phoenix had no clue about any of that whatsoever, and it tore at her.

How was she going to react? She figured that she should have tried to battle the flames, somewhat, but it was hard to muster up this sympathy for the cats on her side; all she saw as she looked at them were cats who weren't going to listen to dissenting matters, who were going to set a tree on fire, who could potentially kill innocent cats with fire. She wasn't going to lie and say fire was something she didn't mess with; but she knew of its destructive capabilities.

She knew that if anyone were to die from that horrible flame, it would be horrific.
She almost wanted to go and seek out the fire on the other side - the side of life - but she refrained. Both sides were in the wrong here, and she elected to let them figure it out themselves. She didn't want to interfere in those matters.

So Phoenix watched the cats on her side - the side of decay, although at this point it was hard to say if she were truly on their side anymore, after disapproving of their actions - try to battle the flames. Oh, she would help if it concerned the life of an innocent denizen.
But other than that...

Lucian, on the other hand, was trying his best to combat the flames; he was passionate about his dedication to the side of decay, and was horrified when he found out about their tree being set on fire.
He wasn't aware if there was some sort of magic that protected the tree in any way, but he was panicked slightly due to the fact that their tree had been in worse shape than the tree of life; if a tree would burn faster, it would likely be theirs.
He didn't even think about chasing their foes in that moment, just protecting the tree. That was of a higher priority to Lucian; he definitely was not the type to just chase after enemies with a lack of thought.

Now, sabotage... that idea was still stuck in his mind, and he thought about it for a moment. It certainly wouldn't have hurt to sabotage the other side in the midst of this chaos; it would be a prime opportunity to, actually.
But did he want to stop looking after the tree in that moment?

And... it seemed as if Phoenix had her own thoughts on the situation. She watched the cats scramble from a distance, her expression stony-faced, as if she couldn't quite believe the audacity of some of them.

"Aren't you going to help?" Lucian challenged, stepping closer to Phoenix.
The red-and-cream cat glared at him for a moment before answering. "Why would I help this? All this side has caused pain and destruction, and nobody has ever even listened to me when I tried to suggest a fair fight... I don't know, Lucian."
"You might as well not have come," Lucian snarled, lashing his tail. "If you're just going to argue for fairness and not help anyone, well...."
"Well, I'm here, now, Lucian."

Caspian and Calida had been following Lucian the entire time, trying to help out the best they could; but they witnessed this encounter, and immediately started whispering to themselves.
"Maybe we should listen to Phoenix," Calida muttered, looking back at the determined, fiery molly; Calida seemed taken by her stance against the two sides, as if she was swayed by her point. "She sounds right. Right?"
"...I don't know, she just came here," Caspian pointed out, his tone very doubtful. "Lucian's been here for a while, I think he knows more about this war stuff than... her..."
"I don't think so. I think she's right. I think both sides are just being absolutely terrible right now!" she huffed, stepping aside from Caspian, who looked back at her in shock. "I'm going to go with her. You can come with me if you want."

Caspian thought for a moment, before letting his tail droop in disappointment... he didn't want to join her at all, and was content with Lucian, even if he disliked him.
"I'm going with him. Sorry...."

[1010 words]

SurgeFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frisco » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:42 am

Username: Frisco
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Sen, Rei, Varjo, Marlevort, Fantom, Moe, Lasan, Siare
Link to their pride or group: Night Watch | Purradise Lost
Prompt level completion: 5
Prompt:

They all agreed to the plans and set out.

The first group would stay with the tree of the goddess of life. They took positions close to it to keep an eye on it, but also to be able to join in the battlefield and help out the feline forces.

Lasan, with his dark coat, was supposed to stay closest to the tree and sneak around, undetected by enemies and watching out for an attack on the tree. They did not know whether the tree of the goddess would be attacked as well, but they had a suspicion that if one side wanted to end the war with a sneak attack so might the other. Therefore it was better to leave someone behind and prepare for a sneak attack.

Varjo would be furthest away from the tree, running in and out of the battlefield. With his ability of creating invisible force fields he would interrupt any fight looking especially dangerous, that way giving the losing side a chance and some time to retreat. The shield would also protect any wounded feline from further harm until they made their way safely into the healers camp where they could get help.

That’s where Moe came into play. With her ability she would cure the wounded soldiers and ease their pain. With other medics she would keep them safe, closer to the tree and away from the battlefield.

Sia and Marlevort left and only they knew where they would set up a temporary meeting place. Their job wasn’t directly involved with the fight and they would rather not get distracted by anything happening there. The two of them were meant to exchange knowledge and idea and hopefully together come up with a plan of what to do after this wave of fighting was over. They were to consider all options, including the one where they would abandon the battlefield and return home. If that seemed like the best idea that would give them the greatest advantage then it was worth considering. Of course, everyone hopes that it would not come to it and instead they could figure out a way of reaching a consensus between the trees and ending the war without any further bloodshed. The cat and lioness knew that a lot rested on their shoulders so they wasted no time and set out to make plans.

The second group consisted of Sen, Fantom, Rei, Isana and Ziaja. They were first to act and they were running as fast as they could towards the tree of decay to stop the soldiers from destroying it. Though Rei was the fastest one of them he had to keep his pace with the others and follow behind Sweet who was showing them the way. Only she and Isana knew how to get there. To stay out of sight of either army they had to take a longer route circling around the battlefield and they would come up behind the tree of decay. The run through long grass of dark green colour, under navy blue leaves and midnight sky. The ever shining stars and various glowing plants lit up their way. Once they were close they slowed down and begun to sneak.

- There may be guards left behind to protect the tree - Sen whispered to the rest of the group. - Sweet, it’s your time to shine.

Sweet nodded her head with determination. She was ready.

- Just as we discussed. Sneak around and report the situation to us. Everyone else, stand on hold.

Sweet sneaked away. She was moving very fast for someone sneaking and yet still keeping completely silent. The lions watched her with a bit of envy. They would never be able to achieve such grace with their heavy lion bodies.

Sweet returned after a couple minutes.

- It’s as we expected - she said in a whisper. - They have three groups of guards, each with three felines.

Sen let out an audible “hmm”. That was quite a lot of guards. If they’re found out, they’d be at a disadvantage. They had to avoid being seen at all costs.

- Alright. It’s time to split up. Remember the plan. If you see the enemy, stop them as quietly as possible. If there’s too many for you to take out on your own, give a signal, don’t engage on your own. - Sen gave everyone a serious, commanding look. - We’re still quite a way away from the tree. We should be able to stop them without getting noticed by the guards.

They split up and took positions hiding in tall grass and on branches of trees. Three lions, including one holding a burning torch, showed up soon after.

Sen gave Fantom a signal and they rushed into action. They were the only two of the watchmen able to use each other’s abilities. Sen made them stronger, Fantom slowed down time to almost a standing point. Pacing normally, they surrounded the group. Fantom stole the torch and put it out by throwing dirt on it, Sen tumbled over a lion and stood in front of another one. Then time went back to it’s normal course. There was a scream, a lion impacted Sen and fell over. A small cat looked at him with fear, then at his two fallen companions, turned and started running away.

Rei gaped at them with his mouth open.

- Woah - he said, having never before seen Sen and Fantom in action. He always prided himself on his speed, but they took out two lions and not a second has passed.

Fan chuckled seeing his impressed expression, but before he could do anything else, they heard Isana’s scream.

- The guards are fighting!

They all rushed in to help. Indeed, six of the guards were fighting a group of four felines. A burning torch lie on the ground. Either multiple groups had the same idea or they sent reinforcements in case the first group failed.

- Help them however you can. Try to stop it and separate them. Use force if you have to. Regroup here once we’re done.

Not a few minutes had passed when they heard another shout. This time unknown, coming from one of the guards.

- The tree!

They all stopped. The guards, the army of decay and tree of the goddess, the watchmen. Their noses were filled with smoke. Their eyes saw the very thing they tried to stop - the tree of decay was burning. Another group managed to sneak in and set fire to it while they were trying to calm down the fight.

The guards were the first to react. They were rushing back and firth with buckets of water, but it seemed a futile effort. The old, dry tree was burning rapidly. And as they notices, so was the grass and bushes around it.

- We cannot help them this time - said Sen with a hint of sadness in his voice. - Lets return to the goddess tree and warn everyone about the fire. I hope it doesn’t spread that far, but maybe we can at least prepare if it does.

They all nodded, discouraged by their failure, but resolved to learn from this experience and keep doing their best. They run off, leaving the screaming tree behind.

[ 1203 words ]

What a beautiful, beautiful thing
to be able to dream
when you're not asleep.

art by Sixbane
Frisco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wet Bread » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:21 am

Username: Wet Bread
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Worm, Aluraune Wormlet
Link to their pride or group: Rusted Daemons
Prompt level completion: Level 2
Prompt:
Worm felt like she was surrounded by flames. The heat and smoke was everywhere around her. How did this happen? she for they were setting the trinity tree on fire, not the tree of decay itself. Had something gone wrong? No, this was definitely planned. The proof was in the form of the splinter of cats and lions running from the scene of the crime. Worm turned and tore after them, suddenly furious. She couldn't believe she wasted all that time being angry and against setting the trinity tree on fire when their foes were making the same plan against them.

~~~

Aluraune had decided to leave Wormlet behind, at the tree, for this battle. That was a mistake. She'd chosen not to go on the secret mission to burn the tree of decay, mostly because she knew how much naive little Wormlet would be against it. Instead, Aluraune trained to approach the next battle fairly, her only goal to get Worm out of there safely so she could reunite her with her annoying daughter. Wormlet spend the entire time pestering Aluraune to find her mom. It was very grating. Aluraune didn't know exactly how many times she had to reiterate that, yes, they would find Worm and, no, they couldn't go right this instant. When Aluraune left for battle, she left Wormlet at the tree with the promise that she'd bring Worm back to her. Now, as Aluraune approached their foes on the battlefield, smoke rose up around them as the trinity tree caught fire. Aluraune thought of Wormlet, the young cat patiently waiting at the tree for her mom. Would she even have enough sense to get out of there? Aluraune turned and sprinted towards the tree. There was no way she was letting Wormlet die in that fire.

[300 words]
[center]
She/they | feel free to call me Wet or Save | Just quietly existing
eternal favorite person
Wet Bread

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:32 am

Username: TheSongOfTheStars
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Bryva Hayes Lost Shard Fragment
Link to their pride or group: HOD Dark of Mists
Prompt level completion: 5
Prompt:
1,002 words

The fire spread like, well, fire, tearing its way around the city, swallowing up twig, trunk, and leaf in its path. The scream of the trees filled the air and shook the bones of all who heard it.
There was smoke filling the patch of woods that Bryva and Fragment had collapsed within and the city dweller turned deserter was looking concerned.
"Well, I do not know how you are feeling but if that fire circles around we could get trapped here," he held his hand out to help her up "I say we get deeper into the forest. I know a few paths that lead to an old lake, we might be safer there."
She stared at his hand in confusion and tried to make sense of his words. Then it clicked. He did not know. Of course he did not know, how could he? Things were different here.
"We do not really need to worry about that," she took his hand and let him pull her up anyway, ignoring the protesting spikes and twinges of pain that ran through her battered body.
Fragment gave her a look that said he thought that the branch to the head that she had taken had done more then leave an outward mark.
"I mean I am all for getting away from here, but the fire should not be a problem." Bryva flexed her hand and winced. She had forgotten about the broken fingers. Well, it might be a small problem but as long as they did not find themselves in the heart of the blaze, she would be able to deal with any fire they came across.
"Look," she braced herself against a tree trunk, not trusting her focus to be able to keep her upright as she called upon her element. With her slightly less injured hand turn with the palm facing upwards, Bryva called up a small flame and set it to flickering steadily. She looked up at Fragement, eyebrows arched "Fire does not bother me much."
He stared at her, mouth slightly gape. When their eyes met, he snapped his mouth shut and nodded "I can see that. But it is not going to be just fire you know, there is bound to be soldiers, from both sides, and considering we are not on either side, we are probably in danger of being attacked from anyone."
Bryva silenced the flame and pointed to the knife he had bound against his wrist "That is what you are for."
"Fair enough," he chuckled "But all the same, I want to get a little further away from the city."
He wrapped an arm up over her shoulders as she tried to stand on her own feet and staggered.
"Sorry."
"You fell off a wall and cleared a hole through the tree canopy, I am impressed you can walk at all."
She laughed weakly "I am too."
Deeper into the forest they went, slowly, both because of Bryva's state and because of the heavy smoke that hung about them like a great fog.
----
Madness, madness, nothing but insanity. The flames rose higher as if trying to scorch the very sky itself as they left a trail of ash in their wake.
Blast it all, if the Swift-7 had been operable then Lost Shard would have been gone, portal back home or no. Cruelty and unkindness, the lioness was a warrior, not a murderer.
But since there was no escape, not any that would really hold, Lost Shard tightened her sword against her back and locked her siege blaster into its holster and took up a bucket to fight the inferno. She could not have cared less whose side she was battering out the flames on, the two fires were soon to meet and if they did so and became a massive hungry creature then there would be no stopping it. Where was the rain? It was just holding out on them now, taunting, teasing and Lost Shard was sick of it. What did it think it was accomplishing up there in the sky while the world below burned. It would have to fall sometime, now, while there was still some life left for it to nourish, would be ideal.
Now, while Lost Shard still had energy in her tired body. Now, while the trees still lived.
Oh the sound of the trees burning was horrible.
Oh how she silently pleaded for it to stop even as the sound burned itself into every iota of her body and mind. In concert their voices rose, higher and higher in time with the flames, the sound of their agony as destructive as the flames themselves, the earth shaking and trembling, threatening to split beneath the weight of the pained cries.
But Lost Shard could do nothing to stop it, nothing to prevent or even ease it, the fires were too great. Too great for her, too great for the forces of the armies, too great for the trees themselves.
Maybe if the sky could have been bothered to open itself and release its heavy deluge, then this madness might have been drowned out with the rain, but it seemed there was no hope of that.
So Lost Shard carried her bucket, heaving pitifully small splashes of water onto the ever growing flames, it was like spitting into a star going supernova, the universe laughed at the very thought.
Lost Shard kept going. Swiftly as her tired feet could take her, up and down the path to the well, until it became a hopeless rhythm. The sound of her feet pounding against the earth, the clatter of the bucket against the stones as she lowered it, the creak of the handle as she lifted the full bucket back up, then the slower trudge back to the fire.
That path was becoming shorter and shorter each time she walked down it. Despite her every effort, despite pushing herself to her farthest limit, Lost Shard was loosing to the fires.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goddess Sword » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:20 am

Username: Goddess Sword
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Mitko (Major character), Beatrix (Major character)
Link to their pride or group: The Wayfarers
Prompt level completion: Level 5 (1,023 words)
Prompt:

Because of (or despite) your cats best efforts, whether it was their own party, or a splinter somewhere, the trees both find themselves aflame... spreading strongly, deeply, as the god of decay and goddess howl, ear shattering cries that shake the battlefield to its roots and send the soldiers reeling back to try to protect their patron. It goes from danger to panic in an instant as all efforts are made on both sides to put out the spreading and all consuming flames that tear across the ancient beings surfaces.

Those responsible...slink back into the shadows to try and remain unnoticed. But the attention is so torn apart their presence isn't even registered.

How do your cats handle the flames? How do they battle them? Do they chase after the fleeing foes or retreat to try to save their tree too? Do they continue trying to sabotage the other side? Can they stay calm under this pressure and react responsibly to the heavy smoke filling the field and the fear of fire trapping them?

It hadn't been enough.

They had gathered stones, soil, acorns, nuts, pine cones... Anything and everything they could find, whatever they could get their paws on, and had pelted the felines from the shade of the trees and the grass of the meadows. But try as they might, they hadn't slowed them, not enough. On each side of the battlefield, a spark had snuck through - And on each side of the battlefield, the smell of burning spread and the screams of their respective deities echoed through the land.

Mitko watched from the crowns of the trees of the forest as flames began to consume the one at its center, the god of decay crying out in... pain, or just panic? He didn't know. He didn't care to know. He didn't want to think about it. All he knew was that the other cats and lions and soldiers of the rot deity's army had gone scrambling through the woods towards the tree, desperate to save the tree, save the god. On the distant horizon, he saw smoke rise from across the field and forest.

It seemed neither of them were successful.

---

It was a blur of terror and chaos as cats raced towards the goddess's tree, from the goddess's tree, fighting to stop the flames, to retrieve the civilians still within the city, or, in some cases, simply standing at a distance and watching in awe and horror, not knowing what else to do but watch with mouths agape as the tree burned from the inside. She recognized the attendant to its branches who she had met, Asa, looking almost charred by the blaze, her blue fur tinged grey and black with soot. Yet it didn't stop her from working with the others, trying with all her might to extinguish the fires that threatened to destroy her life's work.

Beatrix could only watch in despair as the tree burned.

She had wanted to be a hero. She hadn't wanted to find that their enemies... weren't really enemies. She hadn't wanted to have her leg dislocated, hadn't wanted to lose Mitko as he sought out the truth behind these battles, only to scream in pain and rage when he returned.

She had wanted the war to end. But she hadn't wanted the trees to burn. She hadn't wanted to hear the goddess's screams, hadn't wanted to watch all these cats and lions lose their homes. She knew the pain of losing a home, of losing family. She had been pulled from her mother and siblings, and then again pulled from her home and her human.

She would never, could never, wish that suffering on another.

Far away, she saw smoke rising from the forest.

They had both failed. And now they needed to find some way of stopping things from getting worse.

She turned tail and ran.

---

He had jumped from tree to tree, choking through the cloud of smog, trying to find some water source, any water source. The woods were filled with mud; there had to be something feeding the damp, sticky soil, something besides just the rain that hid in its clouds that hovered above the smoke. A river, a lake, a spring, a stream, even just a little pond... anything that might help to extinguish the flames.

Indeed, some ways later, he found a little clearing by the edge of the field and the forest; a tiny pond where damselflies normally preyed on mosquitoes, both species now hiding from the smoke that threatened to engulf them. He could already tell that it wouldn't be enough. But it might help to hold the flames off, if he could just-

"Mitko!" Beatrix had run towards the woods, fear in her eyes. How she had noticed him among the trees and the thickening clouds of grey, he didn't know. "The trees, they're both-"

"I know!" he shouted back, and coughed. "We have to do something! We can't let them burn! If we do, the people here are going to die!" He paused, remembering her words from the day before.

"How are we gonna get home?"

No. It wasn't just the cats of this world. If these flames weren't stopped, they would all be trapped here. There would be no more portals to open, no more chances to leave. Each and every one of them... they would all perish, trapped in this world without their friends and families. Some of them not even knowing where they'd gone, with only cryptic messages ensuring them that they would return. Promises of 'Back soon' which would never come to fruition.

He shook the thoughts from his mind and returned to the task at hand. He couldn't focus on the what ifs of if they failed. There was no time. His only choice was to focus on the present task of trying to ensure they didn't. "There's a pool here - It's not much, but it's better than nothing!" he continued. "Do you have anything we can carry water in? A bucket, or something?!"

"I can try to grab one from the gardens if there's any left!" Beatrix answered. "Get down from there in the meantime - Heat rises, smoke rises! It'll poison you if you're in it too long!"

He nodded. "Got it!" And then he paused again. "Actually, keep the bucket for yourself! Tell them to try using damp soil or mud if they can't get water! We've got plenty of that on our end! The water might just end up becoming steam if the flames get too hot, but with solids like those they might be able to smother them, like using a lid to put out a a grease fire! I'll do the same for the cats on my end!"

"Right!"

And the two split up again, Mitko jumping down from the branches to race back towards his tree, gathering pawfuls of mud as best he could while still keeping pace, and Beatrix sprinting back towards the gardens of her own, meeting the blaze in the distance with a fire of her own in her eyes.

They would save the trees, save the deities. They had to.
Goddess Sword

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:25 am

Username: Sunlitsecrets
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Calypso , Barley , Psyche , Sven
Link to their pride or group: Starheart's Regiment , The Wanderlust
Prompt level completion: 5 (250 words + shaded fullbody with simple background)
Prompt:
Oh dear, things have gone horribly wrong.
link
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faelyn » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:51 am

Username: Faelyn
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Star & Dandelion
Link to their pride or group: The Isles
Prompt level completion: Level 3
Prompt:

Smoke. Fire.

It was a nightmare.

The shrieks and cries of the gods and goddesses dance into reality. Clouds of fume lace the air, a lethal consequence to the flames.

Anger ignited in the swirling depths of green and her lungs screamed in agony as smoke rose from the blazing hot fires. Blurs of motion skip past her, the stench of burning flesh suffocating her.

There was an agonized wail, rising above the rest of the cries. It was an oddly familiar one.

Dandelion.

No. It couldn’t be happening.

They’ll pay for this.

Sparks and embers.

The light and the dark.

There was a dainty figure ahead of her, limp, but still twitching. Fire glowed as it tangled with the blonde, soft fur of the innocent soul.

A whimper. Then, a scream.

No, no, no.

Blood stained her auburn laced fur, biting down a hiss of pain, the muscles that were traced in her bones rippled as it all happened in a single picture.

There she was.

“Stay with me.”

It was a plea, a soft one, barely audible amongst the crackling of flames.

Gently gathering the herbalist by the scruff, her poise and grace were in full majesty as the dance between her and the fire commenced.
Footsteps precise and unwavering, the cries of both armies was like a song waiting to be danced to.

It was a dance, she wouldn’t forget.

A dance between life and death.

Collapsing on the grass, the fire retreated, searching for a target that was easier to swallow.

“Dandelion. Can you hear me?”

The soft sway of her voice was a melody, one that had been locked behind barricaded doors for far too long. Voice cracking as there was no response, it was only then that the tears fell.

“ I beg you, Dandelion. Respond.”

The bittersweet memories with the healer flooded back, like a dam being broken.

“Please, don’t go”

Soft green eyes fluttering open, the herbalist’s lips graced into a smile.

“I’ll never leave you, Star. I promise. Now, go. Fight with everything you’ve got.”

Plummeting into the midst of the battle, everything seemed so clear now. This was her fight. Putting out the fire was someone else’s.

Launching herself at a fleeting soldier of decay, fury glowing in her eyes as the dark soldier was at her mercy.

“You wouldn’t kill me.”

The voice of the shadow-cloaked feline was strained as the darkness swarmed in the stranger’s eyes.

“You wouldn’t dare.”

“Go to hell.”

Fear was outstretched in her victim’s dark gaze, helpless to the blow that tore away his life. It was done. The cat underestimated her potential and nothing more.

Breathing hard, smoke clouded her vision once more. It was calling to her. Begging her to stare into the depths of it all.

She still had a battle to fight.

It was pulling her closer, drawing her in it’s deadly grasp.

Hope dwindled away like a fading star in the night.

No.

The Celestial was nowhere in sight.

They had forsaken her.

word count #504
Last edited by faelyn on Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me