Tide Pools / Closed

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Tide Pools / Prompt 1

Postby cozymutt » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:56 pm

prompt #: two
      username: jonesy
      kalon name: trevor
      team: octopus
      answer: [195/200]
      Trevor tilted his head inquisitively before making a soft 'hmm' sound and looking around. "Honestly I bet
      we can find it. They're pretty common."
      He replied, moving off along the rocks to find a different tide
      pool, assuming his new pal would follow along. At first his steps were very planned and careful but as he
      moved along the rocks his confidence grew. He was soon jogging along at a decent pace, eyes keenly
      scanning for his favorite sea creature.

His eyes caught it as he moved from one rock to another. He stopped so abruptly he slipped some and
      nearly fell, sliding down to his knees to crawl nearer to the tidepool. He pointed and grinned, "There's
      one! A sea urchin."
      he declared while sliding down a bit further to get a better look. It was a vibrant red
      and its spines reached outward dangerously. "I've stepped on plenty of them before, but I still really like
      them."
      He thought back briefly to his family's summer home in an area a lot like this one. Happy memories
      danced in his head for a few moments before he shook it off and stood once more.
x
x
x
x
Happy New Year
adult • luciferian • trans • he/they

hey there~ i'm cozy, or mutt if you prefer. idrc.
i love to write and draw and i'm way too attached
to my ocs. my pm's, trades and all that are open
so feel free to hmu with whatever.

trade me • art shop • carrd
cozymutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chanhee. » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:07 pm

prompt #: two
    username: retrosolstice
    kalon name: vero
    team: squid
    answer: vero hummed in thought at the kid's question, furrowing his eyebrows. "well, i really love crabs, in all honesty- seems a bit cliche, but those funky guys just... keep me happy, you know? horseshoe crabs are definitely my favorite of those, because they're just so... cute? i guess. they're a bit dumb, and people normally ignore those on their back, but... they just need a little help, you know? we can probably go scanning to see if there are any on the beach, if you want." vero cocks his head to the beach and heads off, making sure timothy's following behind as they start their hunt for the horseshoe crab.
chanhee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilhouetteStation » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:08 pm

prompt #: 2
username: SilhouetteStation
kalon name: Annie
team: squid

answer:

Annie hummed at Timothy's question, thinking hard. Finally she shrugged, giving him an almost apologetic smile. "I know you probably wanted an exciting answer, but my favorites are starfish. Let me explain though!" she added quickly, seeing his nose crinkle. She sat down on one of the rocks and, after patting the space beside her, he sat down to listen.

"I grew up in the city," she began. "Lots of buildings, no beach. The first time I went to the beach, I was eight. My parents were surprised that I ignored the ocean, and ran straight to the rock pools instead. I couldn't believe all of these little critters lived in this small space. Ironically, it reminded me of the city. Everything was super cool, but I fell head over heels for the cushion starfish. I like that they're small, I like their short legs. I think they're quite cute. Every time we went back, I'd want to see them first. And…I don't know. I've just loved them ever since. I guess they remind me of my childhood.

You're very lucky to have this all the time," she added in a softer tone, and he nodded, smiling. "I know."

(199w)
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moondust405 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:12 pm

username: moondust405
kalon name: Caleb
team: Squid
answer:
"I've always been rather fond of moon crabs," Caleb replied, smiling gently at the kit. "Also known as Halloween crabs, they're very colorful. You find them in the far south, and you can even keep them as pets. I've been looking for one, but I'd wonder how Klarissa would feel about getting a crab." Pausing, he stepped over a stray rock. "Moon crabs are purple, orange, and sometimes a bit white or black on their pincers and backs, respectively. They're very bright. I'm sure you'd like them." [87/200]
moondust405

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AboveAspen » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:13 pm

username: AboveAspen
kalon name: Marcela
team: Squid
answer:
The small kit seemed to bubble with excitement, much like the little tide pools themselves. His eyes seemed full of wonder and it was inevitable that it would rub off on Marcela. She always did have a soft spot for the younger ones. What he said was true, the tide pools were exciting, filled with starfish, sea slugs, and what have you, but there was still more to explore on this strange island.
"Flamingos are quite delightful, aren't they? So vibrant with colour, I imagine not a single dull flamingo lives here."
Her face beamed as she watched the small one for a reaction. He too was vibrant and full of colour -- never a dull moment it seemed. Perhaps he too resembled a little bit of a flamingo.
[128/200]
AboveAspen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby •boo• » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:27 pm

username: NightMareRose
kalon name: Pip
team: Octopi
answer:
Pip smiled, "Sea turtles!" Pip had always admired the amazing defenceive abilities of all turtles.
Hi I'm Alois!
He/it | Scorpio | AroAce?
Depressed | Anxiety | Sleepy

Kalons | Shamkhyis | Nagalines
Lambicorns | Smoothie Chickens

Check out the CS Discord Server! Avatar ♡
•boo•

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tide Pools / Prompt 2

Postby LivingLethal » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:29 pm

username: LivingLethal
    kalon name: Mushi
    answer:

This question was easy. There was no animal that could so doubtlessly command his affection like the one that immediately popped up in his mind. It is a creature that he grew up alongside. One that could effortlessly put a smile on his face. Sweet, agile, and quiet—the perfect creature, if Mushi said so himself. No animal could quite mimic the poise of this incredible species.

So, when the question was uttered before him, not a second went by before Mushi felt he could answer with the utmost accuracy. Confidence laced his voice as he simply said, “Cat—”

It was in this brief moment that Mushi realized his fatal mistake. This kit, who's so bubbly and enthusiastic about this ocean trip, must have been speaking of sea creatures! In a split second, Mushi’s confidence turns to horror. Oh no—what a blunder! How will he fix this mistake? His face flushes fuchsia in embarrassment, just as his mind completely and utterly blanks. Wait… blank? His eye catches sight of a minnow in the tide pool, and his brain immediately lights up with an idea. Quick, quick! Before Timothy notices!

Breathless, Mushi squeaks out, “—fish! Catfish! I just… love those critters…”

[199/200]
LivingLethal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnightkitkat » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:34 pm

username: Midnightkitkat
kalon name: Latona
answer:
Wimpod Warf roach
Midnightkitkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takk » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:35 pm

username: Takk
kalon name: Hylo
team: Squids
answer:

There's a lot of animals to check out at the beach; especially if you find a good beach with tide pools. Hylo has a pretty big soft spot for all animals; even those pesky sky rats. He can chuckle watching a seagull almost halfway inside a trash can for food any day of the year! Wandering the beach he can expect to see at least a pawful of other, much cuter and less noisy animals. He enjoys seeing starfish, hermit crabs, urchins, tiny mystery fish in the water...
But hands down his favorite little hard shelled friends are the tiny crabs you can pick up under rocks or gaze at in those pools. They come in beautiful colors (purple and blue being his favorite) and spark excitement in his heart. Seeing them walk between the bundles of seaweed, rocks and plants is so cute! He keeps a mental record of the largest and smallest of those crab's he's seen for fun; though his mate still holds the record for largest crab. Hylo's favorite was the one hardly able to cover his pinky finger. He'd named it something punny at the time, but he just loves those small crabs.
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tide Pools / Prompt 2

Postby cribunni » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:40 pm

[ l i i l y || prompt 2 || Prince || team squids !! ]

“Oh man, great question! That’s super tough, but it would have to be...” Prince trailed off, stroking an imaginary beard. He watched the boy giggle out of the corner of his eye. “A Whale Shark!” The boy looked confused, his small eyebrow raised. “What’sa Whale Shark?” Prince gasped, dramatically grasping his chest. “Only the BEST animal ever!” The boy giggled again, and Prince flashed him a bright smile. “When people think of sharks, they instantly think some pretty scary things: predator, lots of teeth, the Jaws movies.. Sharks are totally hated for no reason, just because they look scary! But the Whale Shark doesn’t look like most sharks. It’s the biggest species of shark, so most people think it would be the scariest. But it’s actually a gentle giant. They’re adorable! I see it as a reminder; don’t judge something by the way it looks. It could be something completely different!”

Image Image Image Image
ImageImageImage
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MATT !! ANY PRONOUNS !! LESBIAN
deviant art . toyhou.se . art shoppe .
cribunni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups