The edge of the woods.... [Final Results Up!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: The edge of the woods.... [OPEN!]

Postby nebulavery » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:28 am

sign-up time!
username: nebulavery
link to roll call post: here!
prompt response:

Atticus bounces around her cabin excitedly - probably too excitedly considering how late it was. “Did you see the poster? There’s a night hike! Ooh,maybe we’ll see a bear!”

“You really shouldn’t sound so excited about the possibility,” chides Eirine from the bunk above her. “Do you know how quickly those things can run?”

“Yeah!” Atticus says energetically. “It’s awesome!”

“You know what’s even more awesome?” teases her counselor, emerging from the bathroom with a towel around her freshly-washed hair. “Being quiet so you don’t wake the cabins of younger campers and get me yelled at by the director of camp.”

Atticus pouts at her.

“Hold on, I have an idea.” The counselor rummages around in a bag by her bunk and emerges holding a 24-pack of washable markers and a gigantic sheet of paper. “I was saving this for later, but why don’t y’all draw a big poster advertising the night hike? Heaven knows it’ll be better than the current sheet.” The counselor drops her voice. “Just don’t tell Beni and Iphis I said so.”

While Eirine grabs the purples and starts doodling flowers along the border, Atty picks through the markers for the best shade.

Her counselor glances over a few minutes later to inspect the campers’ handiwork. “Atty, did you draw Bigfoot… dabbing?”

“Yeah.”

The counselor sighs.

avery • they/them • artist
ImageImageImage
mostly inactive. yes, i still love my adopts.
nebulavery

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby riddlestyx » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:35 am

sign-up time!
username: riddlestyx
link to roll call post: blurb
prompt response:
riddlestyx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dancing.cinnamon~ » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:40 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: Dancing.cinnamon~
Link to roll call post: c:
Prompt response: "Ah, I'm kind of scared to do this..." Pip said kind a high pitched voice. "It'll be fine! You've got us..." Iphis said in a odd voice. Pip jumped back and screamed "I wasn't thinking when I signed this..." Pip said in her head. "Lets go! What you waiting for?" Iphis said to Pip. "Okay.. Coming.." Pip said.
“ appa, yip yip “
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
█ | she/her
█ | music
█ | anime
Dancing.cinnamon~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WanSham » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:46 am

Sign-up Time!
Username:WanSham
Link to roll call post: Camilo
Prompt response:

beni gonna break this very short boy in half with one hug
WanSham

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VoidRinkusu » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:48 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: VoidRinkusu
Link to roll call post: Link
Prompt response:

Oh gee...

It’s not like I get scared easily, that’s not it, I’m just... trying to get used to this whole “Kamp” thing and I’m afraid that I might be jumping into too much, too quickly. Ack. I guess that running around to a bunch of different activities is part of being at a camp, and it will be a lot better than the last time I did something like this. We barely had anything to do and were bored the whole time. How scary could a forest be, anyway? They seem to have scheduled it on the night of the full moon, so I might even be able to see in the forest. Or maybe the light filtering through the leaves would make it even spookier.

Oh...

But, anything you see in the dark is the same as when you see it in the light! It’s just harder to see it. And easier for something, or someone, to hide.
What am I thinking? We’re at a --camp--, nothing bad would bother coming around here. Besides, the forbidden forest clearly isn’t very forbidden considering that they’re gonna go hiking there soon. I guess all this talk about how scary it is keeps most people away, that and the other activities that you could be taking a part in.
I glance over my shoulder at a group of people catching fireflies.
I could register for something else. But maybe I’ll recognise someone who has signed up, that would make it easier to do so myself, and maybe I’ll meet some new people, too!

Oh no.

My shoulders sag as as my eyes focus on the section where people put their names. It’s just Beni and Iphis so far, it looks like someone named Lena tried to sign up at some point but changed their mind and crossed their name out.
If I choose to sign up, I might be the only one and that would be --one awkward hike.--
I wouldn’t meet any new people.
But if I don’t, maybe everyone else will feel the same and not join because they’re afraid that they’ll be the only one.
But maybe I could make some new friends.
Even if the three of us are the only ones there, Beni was really cool and I’m sure Iphis is nice enough once you get to know him. It’s not… weird to be friends with the counselors, right? Well, I’ll probably have a great time, worst case scenario, I get to make these kalons’ days by showing that someone is interested. Yeah, I think it'll be great! It will be a cool experience to have, whatever it turns out to be. To top it off, I don't even know what it's going to be like, so it'll be a surprise!

Wait a minute.

Am I making up excuses to go?

Hahah! I was so uncertain just a minute ago, how odd. Well, I guess everything I said is true... I guess that means that there are more pros than cons... It could be fun...

You know what?
I’m going.

I grab the pen and choose the closest teal to that of my paws, writing my name in the first open line.

Pip
Last edited by VoidRinkusu on Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
They/them.
My comrade, I am not even here.
My Kalons - My Simas
VoidRinkusu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jaskiest » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:48 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: Theodosia
Link to roll call post: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3859303&p=119738172#p119738172

Prompt response:
Courage meant very little to Sorin, if truth be told. Wait, scratch that, Sorin knew what courage meant, because Sorin made a point of knowing everything he could about the world and the words around him. He knew, for example, that the term 'courage' came from the Latin 'for' meaning 'heart', before evolving into the Old French 'corage' which English speakers later decided to stick a 'u' in for no apparent reason. He knew that Young Adult writers spent pages and pages describing their plucky teen protagonists as courageous not because of a lack of fear but because they acted despite their fear - a distinction they seemed to think very deep and philosophical but Sorin really couldn't care less about. So Sorin certainly knew what courage meant to the world at large, but he didn't know what it was supposed to mean to him. Was courage really a trait to be admired or encouraged? After all, despite its generally positive connotations, doing something with courage
'the ability to do something that frightens one'

isn't necessarily doing something helpful or kind or morally responsible. Like if you're scared of global warming but still refuse to use public transport, or you're scared of being unloved but still manage to come across as arrogant and aloof to everyone you meet. Similarly, 'courage' can easily be misinterpreted as 'recklessness' - there are those that would actively seek out dangerous and frightening situations in order to prove their valour when in fact all they are doing is endangering others and themselves. A test of crocheting prowess or book stacking or willingness to adopt small rodents in need of a loving home would all, in Sorin's opinion, provide a more valuable insight into a person's character than throwing them in frightening situations and demanding they show courage.
But Sorin picks up the pen anyway and signs his name with a flourish, because for all that Sorin can wax lyrical about the ambiguity and foolishness of demanding 'courage' from strangers in a dark and dangerous forest, Sorin is more flawed than a 'test of courage' can ever be - he is vain and competitive and will not go down without a fight. Sorin vows to enter this test with logic rather than recklessness, kindness rather than courage.
But vows are very easily broken - especially when they are the idealistic promises of a scholar who has never had to be anything but cowardly.
Jaskiest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Armuris » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:54 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: Armuris
Link to roll call post: post
Prompt response:

It was time. First time at camp. It was amazing to Faolan how someone so talkative could end up so antisocial. Something about this Kamp seemed to call to him. It was finally time to get up and get past this whole fear. After years of avoiding everything that had to deal with people, it was finally time to embrace life.

As Faolan headed towards the cabins, a brightly colored paper caught his eye. A new flyer had been put up, and turns out it was all the brightly colored ink attracting his eye. The sign up sheet read "Test of Courage" and with all the other colorful names listed out, Faolan decided this might be the best time to make some friends. It did look like quite a few people had signed up, and surely this walk wouldn't be as scary as the name portrayed..
"I can do this." Faolan grabbed the pen, picked a color that wasn't already on the sign up sheet, and jotted down his name.
"I can't back out now."
As Faolan walked back to the cabins, he began to tremble. Whether it was from fear or nervousness he couldn't tell. All he knew was this was definitely going to be one experience he will never forget.
Armuris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MotherMother » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:22 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: MotherMother
Link to roll call post: Click!
Prompt response:

------

a
r
t

b
y

K
u
r
a
i.
Image Image
MotherMother

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cloasiii » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:23 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: Cloasiii
Link to roll call post:link
Prompt response:
Last edited by Cloasiii on Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

▓↪Clo, she/her

▓↪ taking a quick break to finish finals, I'll be back by the 17th at the very latest <3

▓↪my kals
Cloasiii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

re: the edge of the woods.... [OPEN!]

Postby ruse » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:30 am

Sign-up Time!
    Username: amative
    Link to roll call post: yo!
    Prompt response: pulling up his hair to go take on the Test bam bam cue disney-com pop music
ruse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me