The edge of the woods.... [Final Results Up!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: The edge of the woods.... [OPEN!]

Postby SilentMelody » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:43 am

Sign-up Time!
    username: silentmelody
    link to roll call post: here

for milly, this "test of courage" seems like nothing to her. after training in starfleet academy for years and facing various types of different alien species, she isn't afraid of anything in these woods. sure, some of these creatures could kill her. but once she'd gone up against a young klingon in hand-to-hand combat training and left without a scratch on her pelt. now even klingons aren't very scary to her.

milly scans the form briefly before snorting and shaking her head, signing her name where the paper asks for it. in the back of her head, she only hopes that no one gets hurt in this test of courage. she only knows that she won't be the one getting hurt.

"there's no way i can fail!" she murmurs under her breath. milly hands the paper back to the red male counselor and waits for further instruction.

there's nothing they could do to scare her.

word count: 155 words
mel | adult | she/her | bi

toyhouse - silentmelody
admin/staff for dcay on cs

RBT in ABA therapy for autism
B.S. in psychological sciences

low activity, but i still check my pms!
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aeth » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:05 am

Sign-up Time!
    Username: aethillie
    Link to roll call post: present!
    Prompt response: After talking to the cool looking lizard counselor and the literal red hot ("I saw sweat" -Luci) camp counselor, Luciana's hand hovered thoughtfully over the colorful signup sheet. "Test of courage, huh? Seems suspicious. Probably going to be one of those things I see in movies where they set people up around the forest to scare kids - but that wont work on me! I know all the tricks in the book." She puffed up with pride, confident that she would overcome this challenge with ease and signed her name up. "You'll never fool me, not ever! I'll pluck off my own roses if I lose." Her competitive nature shining through her delicate appearance, she grinned to herself in delight and anticipation. It was going to be an exciting time in Kamp - and she could hardly wait for it. Luciana started to wonder what challenges were going to occur in the Test of Courage. Spooky night time walks? Forest campfire stories? Taxes? Luciana shivers st the thought of the last one. No way was she ready for responsibilities like those. She decided to just let it happen when it happens. "Worst case scenario, I'll just tough it out. It's not like they can hurt me or anything. Otherwise they'll be hearing from Aunt Dahlia." Luciana chuckled, she was well prepared for what was to come.
Last edited by aeth on Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
aeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby artemis, » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:11 am

┌──────────────┐
sign-up time!
username: artemis,
link to roll call post: adelaide

└──────────────┘

prompt response:

xxxxxx"a test of courage," the two kalons had explained, their gazes expectant.

xxxxxxam i brave? adelaide asked herself as she narrowed her eyes at the sign up sheet. her feet shifted uncomfortably against the rough terrain of the kamp grounds as a distant hum of a bird's melody could be heard from the forest. the forest in which she would have to explore.

xxxxxx"out of my way, loser!" exclaimed a thunderous voice as adelaide was abruptly pushed aside along with the thoughts that encased her mind. a kamper much larger than herself dauntlessly sauntered up to the sign-up sheet, hastily scribbling their name on an empty line. standing there, defeated, adelaide made eye-contact with a few other hesitant kampers, whom all shared the same uncertain expression across their features.

xxxxxxintertwining her soft silver hair with her nimble fingers, she habitually chewed the inside of her cheek. was she nervous? yes. adelaide couldn't deny her high-strung attitude towards such ventures, but she soon remembered her mother's words to her.

xxxxxx"you came here to have fun. take a chance! you'll be surprised what it can hold."

xxxxxxa spark of courage bubbling up in the pit of her stomach, she tossed her hair over her shoulder and confidently strode up to the sign-up sheet. hearing the familiar click of the pen, she selects a bright blue shade, though it could never compete with the rare, vibrant blue morpho butterfly she had at home.

xxxxxxmustering up as much courage as she thought she'd need, her hand was flying as the letters forming her name were daintily inscribed upon the paper.

artemis,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ICarinae » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:19 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: NotaBear
Link to roll call post: x
Prompt response:

Pip stared at the sign up sheet. Dread and excitement fought for control of his body. He let out a sigh and grabbed the pen, and continued to stare at it much to the disappointment of the Kal waiting behind him. thoughts rushed around in his head about the simple fact he was probably going to get murdered in the forest, where no one will ever find him.

He shook his head in protest and selected a color. He chose red, he liked red. The color of sunsets, and apples... and blood. Dispite his fears he signed the paper, rather messily. In the back of his mind he hoped that his name was illegible, and that the scary counsilers would skip him.

But the scary counsilers were the reason that he wanted to do this. He had already embarrassed himself in front of them, and he wanted to prove that he wasn't a coward. He promised himself that he would be strong, and be the last one standing. Even though in his heart he knew... they didn't care.

He shrugged to himself and walked absent mindedly away. Dusk was still a few hours away, so he figured he would wander around kamp. He strolled around looking at all the confident and happy campers, trying to swallow the panic that was steadily rising in his throat.
x
x

---------------------------
So if your wings
won't find you heaven/
I will bring it down
like an ancient bygone

Euclid -Sleep Token
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxxxxxx

He/They

adult | trans | inactive
(gender neutral)xxxxxxxxx
digital artist/seamstress/learning much more...
with a bit of writing on the side

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ICarinae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sillies » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:35 am

Sign-up Time!
    Username: antique skies
    Link to roll call post: (here)
    Prompt response:

Althea swallows, but steps forward to sign up anyway. She picked up the pen and signed her name, excited but also nervous. A test of courage. Whatever that meant.

She can feel the tension of the kampers in line behind her, and as she steps out of line she looks at their fearful expressions, the fear in her rising.

"Out of my way!" one kamper says, pushing her out of the way. She grunts and frowns, falling onto her butt. She didn't care who the kamper was, but they could have at least said 'excuse me' ! Hmph. Either way, she stood and brushed herself off, swallowing her fear and heading over to where they were told to gather for the test.
sillies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gone---- » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:38 am

Sign-up Time!
    Username: eunkyung.
    Link to roll call post: yoon here!!
    Prompt response:

The sign up sheet lies right in front of Yoon's face as he scribbles his name down onto the thin sheet. His mind wanders to any place he'd want to go to on this... test of courage. Yoon should've been thinking of the dark forest in the "scary" night and whatever might happen on that trail, but... All the young male could think of was that mop of dark hair and floral, matcha green. Oh, if he could pick a place to be right now- it'd be by her side- possibly helping her send out those cards. Of course, his mind wanders away from the task at hand, as his imagination runs elsewhere. While he should have been feeling nervous about the "test", he feels giddy instead. Excited. But no, that was the farthest thing from the current activity at hand. Was he signing up to walk through the forest? Or to walk elsewhere? Clearly, his mind knows where he's about to end up, but his heart yearns for elsewhere. (Maybe there's a small sliver of hope that Iphis and Beni will lead him there, huh?)
──────────────────────
selling my kalon staff custom (1 rare, unlim under)
for da points! Pm/ note (da) me for details!
[Sterling pixel by ȶigressa] code shop | my kals
gone----

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anonymous.aa » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:44 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: cyansakura
Link to roll call post: here
Prompt response:

when vesper almost enters the forest out of meer curiousity, he was soon to be caught by two counselors. crap! he panicked a bit but decided to play dumb. unfortuneatly because of that, he had to hear a whole conversation about a new 'nighthike' thing.

vesper song peers at the sheet of paper they were talking about. he already sees many names written, but wonders whether or not he should do it. he took the pen anyway and wrote his name down. he feels somewhat excited but shrugged and looked at the two. he puts the pen back at the tape and thought for a bit. a nighthike trip doesn't sound so bad, besides what are the possible chances where we can get lost or be hunted by a predator in a deep dark dense forest... he suddenly regrets it and runs back to the paper to erase his name. dangit! i forgot they gave us pens... probably to make sure we couldn't back out. he thought and went into his cabin. he sighed, that was probably a mistake to do during kamp. great... he mumbled.
anonymous.aa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trans » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:52 am

Sign-up Time!
      username: trans
      link to roll call post here!
      prompt response: 393 words

the test of courage, those fellows called it. a fitting name for a night hike you suppose, but it didnt exactly instill confidence or eagerness in you to actually follow through with going, even if you did sign your name on the sheet. still, you felt a newfound sense of duty to go, if only to fulfill the obligation you made by signing up in the first place. after all, you couldnt back out now, not when you promised you'd go on the hike, and imagining talking to those two kamp counselors again and having to tell them you didnt want to go anymore? you didnt want to imagine it, nor the look on their faces. the guilt would eat you alive for the rest of kamp, if not what came from being a coward and backing out on the hike last minute.

staring off into the distant forest, you cant see much of it, but it looks and feels perfectly normal from afar. you wonder if perhaps your fears have gotten the better of you and you're imagining the forest worse than it will be, if maybe you're underestimating the capabilities of those two fellows at the signup sheet to lead a hike, if maybe you're judging a book by its cover, or in this case, a forest by its trees.

although still afraid, you remind yourself that you would not be alone as you walk along the path leading to the center of kamp. there would be other kampers, and kamp guides, and maybe the forest, the test of courage, wouldnt be so scary after all, your inner monologue rationalizes, and for a moment, you feel somewhat at ease, because that is true - you wont be alone on the hike, there will be others there to keep everything going smoothly and make sure everyone is safe. the more you thought about this and the closer the center of kamp came, you realized you werent so scared of the thought of taking the test of courage anymore. or at least, not in this moment you werent.

your fears, alleviated for the time being, became nothing but background static for future you to worry about later, and current you to ignore in favor of some snacks. speaking of snacks, you swear you saw someone with fruit snacks hidden cleverly in their pocket earlier...
they/them, adult, pms are ok!
just here for pets, oekaki, and
closed species, occasionally. ♡
xxx'''my kalon storage
trans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wishbone! » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:02 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: plantfood
Link to roll call post: honk
Prompt response:

Spyro got a head start on the rest of the kampers in preparation for a surprise.
Nothing good will come of this. Ex-eldritch beings should not be trying to spend their time spookin' kids in the woods.

asterisk*; nicknames encouraged
adult
they/them
wishbone!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me