Journey to the Trinity Tree - Summer event prompts

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Journey to the Trinity Tree - Summer event prompts

Postby MySpoons » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:09 am

The heroes have all arrived, and the crowd is drawn to a hush as the last few of the portals close, having brought their accompaniment to the field. And finally, the goddess speaks. A glowing face appears in the knots of the giant tree to turn and address her visitors "Thank you... warriors... for heeding my call.." it says, a voice made of many voices, of something distant and far beyond. "I need your help to maintain the balance...for the army of death comes for us all.... great soldiers of rot and pain, and we cannot fight alone." Cats of many shapes, of many sizes step forward. Great lions and cats with their forms resonating in power- the guard for this goddess who stand tall at her defense, their eyes aglow with a mystical power. "I plea you will join us in our fight... we do not have much time..." The tree twists as its roots bend and twist, opening the way to deep tunnels, a path to a city below the tree itself, built among the curves of its roots. "Come with us." A new voice addresses its visitors. "Come with us and we will teach you how to fight this threat."

Your group has mere days to prepare to fight a new enemy, one that is unknown. Do they spend their time training for combat? Learning to help with medical needs? Learning about their foe? Or do they spend the time exploring, and studying the society? Who do they look to for guidance, and does the mounting pressure take a toll on them? What do they do in the calm before the storm in this place they have never explored?

Username: MySpoons
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: MAR'S CHAMPION, Samael
Link to their pride or group: The New Guard
Prompt level completion: Level 5
Prompt: II [Shaded fullbody with complex background]

Under the oddly cool, multi-color sky that blended into mist and then the ground, Samael sparred any lion willing to match him. Adorned in the black and gold armor of Mars, his patron god, Samael's larger stature and greater power won him match after match.

It seemed as if he gained more energy with each fight rather than tiring.
-------------------------------------
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | She/Her/They/Them
Pup Parent to Teddy, SDIT

358 Pets Left
to a complete collection

Trades | Auctions
Collection Progress | Art Shop

ABOUT ME
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EchoIre » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:21 am

Username: EchoIre
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Chetan and Kamala| Hazel
Link to their pride or group: Motoheri Pride | Hallow's Edge
Prompt:

Chetan and Kamala stood side by side among the crowd of champions. They didn't know each other well, with Kamala often being outside of the pride with her parents and Chetan rarely interacting with the pride, but still they gravitated to the two familiar faces in the crowd. The great goddess spoke, prompting a hush to fall over the crowd.

Chetan listened, his breathing slowing. He could feel the pulse of magic in this world, humming in tandem with the magic sewn into his heart. The goddess's voice, while it may be unnerving to some, was comforting to the leopard on some deeper level, even as she spoke of the approaching army of decay. Mitra, too, seemed to take comfort in the goddess's voice, something they expressed with a few gentle chitters.

Kamala, on the other hand, was stunned. She was suddenly very aware of what she had stepped into. Before she could speak, dozens of cats stepped forward from the tree, some much taller or much, much smaller with her, all with strikingly vibrant pelts. Her jaw fell open as she took in the strange crowd. She had never seen cats so small, or so big!

The roots of the tree lifted and twisted revealing a twisting path leading somewhere below. The goddess asked the champions to enter, and so the crowd moved forward.

Kamala glanced down, noticing for the first time the small cats that stood around the paws of the lions. Once again, her jaw gaped. She had never seen cats so small before, save for kits! And these cats seemed fully grown! She nudged Chetan with her shoulder, gesturing down at the small cats.

"Look at them!" She whispered.

"...Yes?"

"Have you ever seen a cat so small?" A few of the cats glared up at her, though none dared confront such a giant.

Chetan laughed. "Well, almost. There were ocelots in the rainforest - they're basically small leopards." He began to follow the crowd forward, motioning for Kamala to do the same. "It was a little strange, especially because ocelots don't like leopards."

"What?" Kamala asked. "Why?"

"I'm not sure." The leopard shrugged.

Kamala glanced down again, spotting a completely furless tiny cat. Her nose wrinkled involuntarily at the sight. Why were they so... wrinkly?

She ducked her head as they entered the tunnels. Glowing blue mushrooms lit the path, casting an ethereal glow onto the champions. "Why do you think they're here?"

"The other cats?" Chetan glanced at Kamala. "They're champions too, I suppose. The goddess called for many, and so they answered." I wonder how they'll help.

Before Kamala could say anything else, the tunnel opened up to reveal a massive city, occupied by many colorful denizens of the strange world. Even Chetan, who saw so many strange and mystical things, couldn't help but to be awestruck at the sight. Kamala felt determination settle in her heart. She would do everything she could to protect this beautiful place, and she'd explore all of it that she could in her time here.

One of the small cats bumped into Chetan's paw, snapping him out of his wide-eyed wonder. He looked over at Kamala, instantly recognizing the awe written across her face. He smiled gently, but still nudged the lioness out of it. "We need to prepare." Chetan said. It was a shame her first interaction with the otherwordly, with such beautiful things, was so dire. "I'm going to learn what I can about the enemy, and see if I have any knowledge that might help. What are you going to do?"

"I..." Kamala looked around, taking in the champions that came streaming from the tunnel behind them, and the strange citizens of the glowing city that looked at them with awe, relief, and fear. She could see preparations for the attack already being made, and various cats already going through their battle practices. This wasn't a game. She had to be serious, had to help. She squared her shoulders. "I'm going to see if I can find any maps of the city and the forest above, or map it out myself. I'll help find the places we need to protect the most and the places that would be the best to make a stand."

Chetan nodded, feeling oddly proud of the lioness. "That's good. Be sure to take some battle training too." He replied. "You don't want to be caught off-guard."

~~~~~~~~

Hazel found herself standing in a crowd of much, much taller cats. Some smelled so strongly of the sea that she forgot she wasn't at the Edge, and others smelled of damp earth and leaf litter, like the forest. They towered above her - her head didn't even reach their knees! Just as she was beginning to feel like she wasn't the type of champion the spirits had asked for, she spotted more normal-sized cats milling about the paws of these giants. A few were even climbing onto the giant cats' heads in order to see better!

Well...

The tortoiseshell trotted forward, tapping one of the massive cats that had allowed someone onto their back. "May I also... um..." She trailed off, suddenly embarrassed.

The great beast laughed, its voice shaking her bones. "Of course, of course. Hop on."

"Thank you." Hazel dipped her head to the great beast. She then leapt up the giant cat's leg, trying her best not to dig her claws into their flesh, and hoisted herself onto their back. The other cat there gave her an wide-eyed look filled to the brim with excitement.

"Isn't this insane?" They whispered.

Hazel nodded enthusiastically.

She looked around at the crowd of champions, surprised to find some of the large cats had great ruffs of fluff around their neck. Maybe those cats lived in colder areas? Must be nice to have that much fur...

Suddenly, the tree they had gathered around morphed, a cat-like face staring at the crowd from the bark. Hazel listened intently, a trying to push away the growing sense of homesickness. She had to do this, the spirits asked her to, and she would never leave someone in need, but how long would she be gone?

Suddenly, the giant cat she was sitting on began to walk. Hazel let out a yowl of surprise, digging her claws into their fur to try to stay put. "What's going on?"

"The tree's roots moved - there's a tunnel to the goddess's pride." The giant cat explained. "We're supposed to go in to learn how we can help."

Hazel's stomach sank. We have to go underground? She nodded, though she almost looked sick. "Okay."

Much to her relief, these tunnels were actually... nice. Lit by glowing blue mushrooms, they actually reminded her some of the forests back at the Edge just enough for her to ignore the fact she was underground. Once in the city, Hazel leapt of the giant cat's back, wishing her at the other cat good luck, and went off to train before the war.
EchoIre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spotted.Newt » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:21 am

Username: Spotted.Newt
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt:Tulca-Noen and Acacia
Link to their pride or group: The Cosmos
Prompt level completion: 5
Prompt: prompt 2
Spotted.Newt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThatOnePython » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:01 am

Username: ThatOnePython
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Xia, Tasso and Pecora
Link to their pride or group: EchoLake Pride
Prompt:
Link
╔═════════════╗
Python || She/Her
vok pride || dappervolk

“Eternal Peace Is Probably Overrated”

Signature credits to Frisco
Art credits to Requlus

╚═════════════╝
ThatOnePython

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snapshot » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:03 am

Username: snapshot
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Mamba
Link to their pride or group: Lions of the Waves
Prompt: June 2
snapshot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wucaian » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:05 am

Username: wucaian
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Moon | Crypt
Link to their pride or group: Mountain Pass Pride | Sun Gorge Pride
Prompt level completion: [Lvl. 4/766 words]
Prompt: -June 2nd-
Moon was utterly entranced by this place. The stars shone silver and blue and green in the sky, but there was no moon like the one she was named for. Alright, that was a little strange. But everything else! The plants glowed! The trees talked! There were smaller lions that didn’t look like lions at all. And she spotted other strange creatures in the distance. But she didn’t have time to spend exploring.

The Guardian who chose her and the other two, Crypt and Solar she’d found out, had lead them through the opening in the ground right away. Now they walk the tunnels that rise above the head of even the lions of the Eternal Realm. And that, too. She has no idea what this place is, just what it’s called.

“Excuse me--um. What’s your name?” she calls to their guide.

The Guardian turns to look over their shoulder at her. “I am Burr Kel.”

“Okay,” she says under her breath. Then, raising her voice, “Where are we going? You haven’t told us how we’re supposed to help you guys fight this army.”

“First we are going to the mages. They will use their spells to enhance your bodies and amplify your abilities,” Burr Kel says, turning forward again. “Then tomorrow you will meet with the other Guardians.”

She frowned. “But how are we supposed to help? We’re just lions. You’re all magic! And you’re--you!” Solar shoved her hard in the shoulder and shook his head emphatically.

“There are things that we Guardians cannot do. The coming horde are not just our usual enemies, there are spirits and monsters born of your mortal worlds. That is why you’re here.”

Moon’s ears drooped. “Oh,” said, voice small.

This was a lot bigger than she had thought. And she had expected this to be a challenge. With the whole whirlwind that was the first appearance of this otherworldly visitor, she hadn’t had a moment to consider what it was they were being tasked with. She fell quiet and followed behind Crypt and Burr Kel. Solar also seemed to be distracted at her side. This world was so alive, even more than her home. Sure, the wind blew and the birds could be heard anywhere in the territory and scents were constantly blowing on the breeze. But this place, the very ground seemed to thrum with energy. The dirt beneath her paws thrummed with it like the heartbeat of a great beast. The “usual enemies” Burr Kel had mentioned, they were like them, the inhabitants of the Eternal Realm. What chance did she have against them? Even with all the champions from the other worlds she’d seen in the crowd, what chance did they really have?

Crypt walks behind Burr Kel at the head of their group. Their words are still knocking around in his head. There were monsters as strong as them. There were monsters from their world coming. He thinks he understands what they meant when they arrived in Sun Gorge. They were “champions,” but not of the Eternal Realm. They were here to champion their worlds. To destroy the evil bred in their homes and prove themselves to these Guardians.

Crypt is not the most approachable lion. He’ll admit it. He hates socializing and prefers to say the most in as few words as he can. It worked because his pride has come to know him, and he them. But here, he’s going to have to actually...get to know the others. And fast. Not his best skill.

Presently, they turn into an archway on the right side of the tunnel. Instead of another path, there’s a large cave. And it was a cave, the space was circular, and all stone except for the wall they’d walked through. The rock isn’t smooth. It’s rough like the bark of a tree. He flicks a glance at Burr Kel, who is speaking to the lions who were already here.

“I have the champion of Earth, and his warriors.”

Crypt edges over to the wall to study the stone. Tree bark was an apt comparison. The deep grooves he noticed aren’t the only marks in the stone. On top of the rides are criss crossing grooves of different sizes. He leans back and follows the wall up to the ceiling. The same pattern of ridges and grooves is on the ceiling. They dug this room in the stone. Properly awed, he turns back to Burr Kel and the pale green lion they were talking to.

“I am Yme Fyre, one of the senior mages here,” they introduce themself.
Last edited by wucaian on Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:48 am, edited 7 times in total.

Currently missing:Image
Bounce, bounce, bounce...
wucaian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -wild- » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:20 am

The heroes have all arrived, and the crowd is drawn to a hush as the last few of the portals close, having brought their accompaniment to the field. And finally, the goddess speaks. A glowing face appears in the knots of the giant tree to turn and address her visitors "Thank you... warriors... for heeding my call.." it says, a voice made of many voices, of something distant and far beyond. "I need your help to maintain the balance...for the army of death comes for us all.... great soldiers of rot and pain, and we cannot fight alone." Cats of many shapes, of many sizes step forward. Great lions and cats with their forms resonating in power- the guard for this goddess who stand tall at her defense, their eyes aglow with a mystical power. "I plea you will join us in our fight... we do not have much time..." The tree twists as its roots bend and twist, opening the way to deep tunnels, a path to a city below the tree itself, built among the curves of its roots. "Come with us." A new voice addresses its visitors. "Come with us and we will teach you how to fight this threat."

Your group has mere days to prepare to fight a new enemy, one that is unknown. Do they spend their time training for combat? Learning to help with medical needs? Learning about their foe? Or do they spend the time exploring, and studying the society? Who do they look to for guidance, and does the mounting pressure take a toll on them? What do they do in the calm before the storm in this place they have never explored?

Username: -wild-
Link to lion(s) involved in prompt: Bigwig, Lander + Katara
Link to their pride or group: Rosetinted Pride
Prompt level completion: Lvl 3
Prompt: below

"You cannot be serious?!" Katara snapped, "Are you seriously debating going down there Bigwig?"

She gazed upon the huge bulk of lion before, whose eyes drifted down to the rotted city below. "For the love of Frith!" She cried, "You're crazy... Tell him Lander! Tell him he's being crazy!" She swung to look now at the other male lion, whose eyes were also gazing down into the abyss. He turned to her now and sighed, giving her a pleading look.

"Dear Gods... please tell me you aren't considering this too?!" Katara growled. Lander just sighed again, "Katara... if they are telling the truth then this is... this is serious! We need to consider our options."

Katara huffed, "Yeah! Like getting the hell out of here! What if it's a trap?!" "But what if it's not?" Lander said thoughtfully.

"Bigwig?!" Both lions said in unison.

The founding lion looked deep in thought as he watched the other groups of lions that had formed each stroll down into the city, each in their own time.

"I don't think it's a tap Katara." He said, eventually. "I think we should go, and at the very least scope it out."

"You guys are nuts. Whatever go and do what you like. I'm going home." The lioness huffed swinging herself around, ready to head back.

"Katara!" Lander called but she didn't stop.

"Katara." Bigwig spoke, his voice was strong and commanding. The lioness turned to look at him. Bigwig sighed, "I think you should come with us. If this is true... We will need all the help we can get..."

The black and white lioness scrunched up her nose. She wanted to say no but... she simply couldn't If something happened to her pride while she journeyed home she could never forgive herself. "Fine," She sighed, "Let's go."

The small trio ventured into the underground city, and as the large spacious city opened up around them, none could believe their eyes. IT was beautiful, like nothing any of them had ever seen before.

They watched as some lions ventured over immediately to train in combat with other lions and felines in the area. Other cats and lions shared their medical knowledge and supplies among each other while stocking up on the cities held by the city and it's peoples. A very large, strange and glowing lion stood on a high rock, many ancient looking paintings behind him depicting a rather horrid looking foe whilst lions and cats of all sizes gathered around him to listen and learn. Other felines just seemed to be wandering around, examining the city and how it worked.

"Wow..." Lander breathed, trying to take it all in, "W-what are we suppose to do first?"

Katara thought for a moment, examining her options. "Hmm... I think I'm going to learn a little more about the city, talk to some of it's peoples and get a feel for the place..."

"As distrustful as ever..." Lander commented sarcastically.

Katara let out a low growl to him, "If you'd let me finish! ... Then I am going to head over to the healers. Grab some supplies and stuff. I want to help, but I still don't trust things fighting wise."

Bigwig nodded, "A good choice for you, Katara."

Katara nodded, "Thanks bunny. Now I'm gonna head off, be careful you two!"

With that the lioness took off, catching up to an odd glowing lion clearing from the city. "Let's hope she remembers her manners." Lander sighed, making Bigwig chuckled, "She always does. Can't blame her for wanting to be careful."

The large maned lion looked around him now, "Hmm, I'm not sure what I want to do first. WE don't have much time to prepare..."

"I'm going to head over to the lion holding a speech on the foe. I want to know as much about these creatures as possible..." Lander said, looking off towards the glowing lion and ancient paintings.

Bigwig nodded, "Good thinking. If you do that, I'm going to head straight over to combat, brush up on some skills."

"Sounds good boss. I can meet you there once he's done?" Lander said.

Bigwig nodded again, "Sounds like a plan Lander. Good luck."

"Yes sir!" The lion said confidently, "Let's get this done..."
// use to be wildhorse027 //
-may be slow to reply to things as my irl can be hectic <3-

-wild-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flicka » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:22 am

Username: Flicka
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Yuki
Link to their pride or group: Frostbite Fields
Prompt level completion: level 2 (Sorry I'm really tired today)
Prompt: Yuki looked up in awe, unaware of passing through the portal or crystal glass; All she could muster was a sheepish smile as the goddess spoke, knowing she had accidentally gone through; Otherwise it might've been Ferdinand standing there now as he would've been the one to go through investigating it. Listening intently, she surmised she didn't really have a choice in the matter at hand as the portals had closed and she was by no means a magician or a shaman to be able to return to her home on her own. Studying her new surrounding she could easily see she hadn't been the only one to discover this place, although it seemed most had come willingly and hadn't unceremoniously entered as she had.

Glancing in the new voice's direction she shrugged, deciding she might as well check out the place while she was stuck here; Pulling herself up from her bum to go to the city as it would be a good place to start; As one would do while visiting a new pride, You would introduce yourself, listen to their stories, study their home and lore. Surely 'The army of Death' would have been a prior threat in the past or at least some minor link to it. Since the Goddess was so vague about them, their goals or why they needed some strangers to help them. Perhaps she and the other 'visitors' were not trusted yet, why important information seemed to be held back by their tongues for the moment. Perhaps, they were fearful there would be defectors if they moved too quickly or that perhaps they were fearful if they divulged too much information at once that they would have no help at all.
My Wmes~Senegal Zebras~Crownies
ImageImageImage
Now accepting Commissions!
Flicka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jantzi01 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:25 am

Username: Jantzi01
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Kosa Helios Virtue
Link to their pride or group: The Ushirikiano Pride Here
Prompt:
VOK
HW
Jantzi01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:44 am

Username: TheSongOfTheStars
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Bryva Hayes Lost Shard
Link to their pride or group: HOD Dark of Mists
Prompt: link

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me