Journey to the Trinity Tree - Summer event prompts

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Journey to the Trinity Tree - Summer event prompts

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:36 pm

The portal opens in the center of your groups home, calling out for a champion, a hero. A representative to fight an enemy beyond any they'd ever seen before. Who could ever make that call? Who answers the cry to action? Does the leader appoint someone, do they battle for the right as a warrior? Do they send the smart or the brave or the healers? What drives your group to make the choice they make and how does this hero rise to the occasion, if they rise at all? Do they fight their fate, or accept it?

You're here now, champion, and no matter what made you step through that portal, you've got a mission.

Username: Tiger♥Bear
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Suha
Link to their pride or group: Pekee Pamoja
Prompt level completion: 5 (1,704 Words)
Prompt:

SPACEThe sun was beginning to set, the sky a magnificent display of royal purples and soft oranges as well as the starry blanket of navy slowly following the sun. The lions of Pekee Pamoja residing in Ukumbi wa Paradiso were starting to turn in for the night. The ruling king, Imamu, was currently joined by his mate Asha and the royal adviser Tendaji as well as his mate Firyali, the founding queen. The four sat in comfortable silence as they looked out over the valley. With the summer season just around the corner, they had been discussing the holidays and celebrations planned. It was their longest season of the year and also brought a lot of traffic through the plains. Their magical pond Kamwe Kuisha attracted many travelers as it never emptied, even during the hottest months of the year. Imamu turned to his guests with a smile.
SPACE"Well. Since we've covered everything we needed to discuss, I think we should get some rest. We've got a busy couple of days ahead of us and we'll need our rest."
SPACE"Of course, sir." Tendaji flashed a brilliant smile before bowing his head to the ruling king and queen. Firyali did the same before standing up, readying to return to her den with her mate. "Have a good night."
SPACE"You as well," Asha stated. She too stood shortly followed by her mate.
SPACEAs the two couples stood and turned to go their separate ways and to their respective dens, a strange humming sound caused the four lions to pause in their tracks. Not twenty feet from them was a strange spark. Brilliant cyan sparks turned to a strange warp or hole in the air. A portal of energy yawned open before them. Stunned and unsure of what was happening, the lions watched on in frozen shock. The hole spanned about eight feet in diameter and pulsed with a strange energy, the cyan ring seeming to flash and make the hole seem that much darker. Before any of the lions had a chance to speak a soft, broken whisper seemed to spill from the void.
SPACE"Please...help... Need... a champion... Only hope... against... terrible evil..."
SPACEThe voice faded but the portal remained. In the dusk it seemed to glow. Lions that had been heading to their homes now stood not far from the four lions who witnessed the event. A different voice called out from behind them, strained and wavering.
SPACE"We must assemble the pride together." Nuru, the pride's seer stood with a concerned expression. The telltale sign of her receiving revelation was also apparent. Her eyes glowed brightly as she looked unfocused towards the portal. The lions that were present turned to her.
SPACE"Nuru, what is it? What do you see?" The queen spoke calmly, but there was a subtle intensity behind the words.
SPACE"A tree. A massive tree. It's... It's a life-giving tree. There's a goddess- the voice we heard from the portal. A terrible army is coming and she needs our help fighting them." Murmurs could be heard among the lions standing about. Whispers of what this meant, what were they to do. Her eyes dulled to their normal glow and her body slumped slightly. Khamisi, her son, was quick to rush to her side. His mate Naigh who was the healer also came to Nuru's aid. The seer looked up weakly at the king. "We must get the pride together. As soon as possible. I fear if we don't help this tree goddess... we will also be effected by this army of decay."
SPACEImamu looked to Asha who looked back at him. Their silent communication was quick and unanimous. They must act quickly. With a short nod, he turned to Nuru. "We understand, thank you. Please, get some rest. We'll see that it is done." He gave a quick glance to both Khamisi and Naigh who both bowed their heads before assisting Nuru back to her den. Satisfied the seer would be taken care of, he addressed the rest of the crowd. "Friends, it appears we have a dire situation on our hands and we must act quickly. I need two volunteers." Several lions were quick to step up, making the king feel pride in his pride members. Despite so many wishing to help, it wasn't necessary in this moment. "Nea. Zuri. I need you to tell the prides in Msitu wa Baridi and Kikoa cha Zamani their presence is required immediately. Help them in any way to get here."
SPACEThe two huntresses looked to one another and had a short talk to decide which lioness would go to which region. As soon as it was decided, they took off in their respective directions with much haste. The king took a deep breath unsure of what to do in the meantime. Though it seemed his mate had something in mind as she spoke up to address the pride.
SPACE"Until the other prides join us, I recommend you all get some sleep. I doubt this portal will disappear overnight. We shall assemble here tomorrow morning." Some of the lions meandered for a moment, nervous excitement and unease palpable among them. When the crowd finally dispersed to its entirety, Asha turned to Imamu. "We should also get some rest. We can worry about this tomorrow morning when the other prides arrive."
SPACEA few thoughts ran through his head before he finally gave a nod of agreement. There was nothing to be done now. Best to wait till morning.
-----======{ * }=====-----

SPACEAkbar and Suha sat in the large empty entrance hall of the castle. Sensing a disturbance they had checked in with the pride of Pekee Pamoja. At first it had seemed nothing was amiss. The king, queen, founder, and adviser were simply sitting and talking. Perhaps they had been wrong. Yet something still nagged at them. An odd tugging to keep watching. That's when it happened. They watched the portal rip open in space. They heard the voice calling out for help. They saw the seer receive insight on what was happening. The king and queen were quick to respond and had members fetch the rest of the pride in the farther regions of their valley.
SPACE"We must help them."
SPACE"Akbar, we cannot interfere. This goddess has reached out to the mortals of the realm, requested their help."
SPACE"They are not prepared for something like this. Besides, you heard the seer. The army of decay? The mortals wouldn't stand a chance against a force like that. We have to protect them from this. This must not be allowed to enter that portal."
SPACESuha gave him an inquiring gaze. "You would have this goddess die to protect these mortals? You just said the army of decay. Yes, the mortals might not be able to withstand such a front but if this goddess requires aid surely it means she cannot either."
SPACEThe god shook his head. "No, I don't mean for it to seem I want the goddess to suffer or that I find the mortals more important. I am concerned of the consequences here, Suha."
SPACEShe took a moment to contemplate then lifted her head. "Then let me do it."
SPACE"What?"
SPACE"Allow me to enter the portal. This is the army of decay, yes? Perhaps with my...unique abilities I won't be as effected by them." She watched as Akbar took in her words. She knew that he knew she was right and she would be the best option for this but could also see his struggle with sending her in there. Suha stepped forward, closer to him. "I'll be fine. Trust me."
-----======{ * }=====-----

SPACEThe entire pride of Pekee Pamoja gathered together not far from the portal. King Imamu and Queen Asha sat between the portal and the pride. Beside them were the princes and princess, Akida, Russom, and Banou. Firyali and Tendaji sat to their right along with Nuru. To the left of the royal family sat Elewisa, the ruling lord of the Kikoa cha Zamani region. Beside him was ruling lord and ruling lady Kamili and Chausiku, along with their newest cub Tabia. It was late morning, nearly afternoon. The king had just stepped up to address the crowd when Suha and Akbar appeared beside the portal. The crowd gasped and whispered, the leaders at the front confused at the sudden commotion.
SPACE"Please, be at rest members of Pekee Pamoja. I am iilah alkhalq. This is 'iilhat aldamar. We have come to your aid in the matter of this portal."
SPACEThe murmurs grew. The pride had never had direct encounters with the deities. Most had never even had indirect encounters. They were simply beings that existed. To see them here in Ukumbi wa Paradiso seemed odd and yet also amazing. Questions were being asked but there wasn't much time to deal with them now. Both Suha and Akbar could feel the portals pull even more now that they were so close to it.
SPACE"I realize you all must have questions and I will answer what I can, but at this time we have a more pressing matter." The god turned his attention to the portal which crackled under his gaze. "While I find your courage in this situation admirable, I simply cannot allow for you to take on this burden. We know little about this foe or even the goddess herself. Due to this, 'iilhat aldamar has taken it upon herself to answer the portals call. In the case of the worst happening, I will remain here in the valley with you. Ensure that the prides safety is intact."
SPACEThe invisible hold on Suha grew heavier and pulled harder. She turned to Akbar and spoke softly. "It is time."
SPACEHe took a deep, smooth breath before giving her a small nod. She gave him a small smile and stepped forward. Gently, he pressed his forehead to hers. "Kaa salama, mpenzi wangu."
SPACE"Kila wakati, mpenzi wangu." She pressed back for just a moment before pulling away and sharing one last look with him. Lifting her head she approached the portal. The energy made her fur stand on edge and sent a chill down her spine- which was quite the feat. With a determined purpose she stepped through the portal.
Pekee Pamoja . VOK
Fallitur . VOK

Toyhou.se
Bear/vs/Bull is my husband.
fairytail*~, itsRBandPJ, munch1111,
and
Noebelle22 are my sisters.
We sometimes share a computer.
Please do not ban us!
I am looking for art of my VOK characters. Please send me a message if interested in doing some art, we can discuss payment.
Currently looking to swap some pets for true dates (pets adopted on the first of the month). Check out my trades for more info. Open to normal trades as well but would prefer date swaps at the moment. Also up for roleplay. I'm open to ideas, just send me a message with your thoughts and I'll let you know if I'm interested. If not, we can work something else out.
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EchoIre » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:12 pm

Username: EchoIre
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Chetan and Kamala| Hazel
Link to their pride or group: Motoheri Pride | Hallow's Edge
Prompt level completion: Level 5
Prompt:

1,214/1,000

VoK wrote:The sudden appearance of the portal and the disembodied call for a hero caused quite the uproar. A brave - or foolish - few tried to charge into the portal right then and there, but were held back by the gathering crowd. Whatever this was, this was not something to go charging blindly into. Udia, her priests and priestesses, and the Magi were called to investigate. Once there, the story of its sudden appearance and request of a hero was relayed to the leading lions, who were baffled by what exactly the thing was. It was as thin as a hair and made of swirling cyan light. Their felt colder around it, stranger.

Chetan, who had slowly yet surely begun to gain the trust of the pride, spoke up with a choked voice. What was before them was a rift, or portal. A gash between worlds, where something pierced through the veil at its weakest. They were uncommon in the rainforest he hailed from - though not rare - but they were never this large or stable. Portals were dangerous, first and foremost; they were doors, opening both worlds to another. Things rarely got in or out before the portal collapsed, but the threat of something otherworldly was enough danger for the Setu of Haradhaal to tell all those gathered who were not warriors to move to a safer location, quickly.

Of course, a rebellious few remained, but what could be done?

Chetan spoke fervently with his fellows, his hesitance around them finally gone. He told them there was no way to ensure the safety of whoever was sent inside, no way to ensure they would ever come back. There was also no way to know when the portal would close, or if something would come out, or what was on the other side. The young leopard was doing his best to keep his calm, but the lions could see him begin to crack.

Zehavi was interjected quickly, but politely. He reminded everyone that the portal asked for a champion, one to defeat an enemy they had never before faced. So, if they sent in a warrior, the portal would likely close. But there would be no way of knowing if they would win the battle they were sent off too. That, and, the portal only asked for help. Presumably, the only monster that would come from the portal would be the one they were asked to help defeat. This was a dangerous and strange situation, but they must keep their heads. There was a way to work through this, even if it was... sudden and unfavorable.

The dark blue lion spoke to all those who had gathered, and spoke with kindness, but Chetan knew the last portion at the very least was directed towards him. Drawing in a breath, the young leopard steeled his nerves. He needed to be calm in order to help them with this problem. Only he had the knowledge to properly deal with this sort of phenomenon.

The leopard's stomach dropped.

Only he...

Without thinking, Chetan volunteered to go through the portal. He had been trained to deal with this sort of thing, taught the language of the spirits, gifted with the ability to see them and other worldly disruptions. He was the best chance they had.

There was protest, of course. Chetan had hardly been a present figure in the pride, and most certainly had not proven himself to be a warrior to the lions. He was quick to assure them, though, that he had undergone battle training - even if it was only defensive maneuvers. Zehavi may be able to see the spirits of dead lions, but Chetan would be able to see anything that was on the other side of that portal, be it of flesh and blood or ethereal light. He may not be a noble veteran of war, or a respected huntress, but he was the most capable candidate for the job.

There was little more discussion after. Though some may not like it, either because they believed Chetan unsuited for the job or wanted to be the champion themselves, it was difficult to argue that this was almost exactly what the leopard had been trained to do. Still, he may need help. It was decided that, of the portal did not close behind him, Muirenn, Kamala, and Mordax would accompany him, as each provided skills needed for a travelling party.

With the three lions behind him and Mitra sitting on his head, Chetan took in a deep breath and stepped through the portal, a shiver running up his body as he passed through. His paws were met with short, cold grass. The sky was dark above him, a jarring juxtaposition to the midday sun that burned down on the desert he just left. He turned, only to see the portal rapidly closing behind him. That was probably for the best, who knew what was-

Suddenly, a pale, colorful lioness leapt through the portal, a bag of scrolls slung across her shoulder. She landed heavily, drawing in the cool air in loud gasps.

"Kamala!" Chetan gasped. "What were you thinking, do you have any idea how dangerous that was?" Fury thundered through his veins before he knew it, but Chetan wasn't truly angry at the young lioness, simply scared for her.

Kamala stood up, laughing gently to herself. "I do!" She wore a shocked smile. "Sorta! But, I-I couldn't just pass up a chance like this!" Kamala looked around, eyes widening in wonder at the forest that surrounded them. Chetan realized she'd probably never seen a forest before. "A whole new world! I couldn't just not go." She set her chin and met Chetan's eye, silently challenging him.

Chetan couldn't believe how much she reminded him of the Kamala back at Haradhaal.

The leopard couldn't help but smile, albeit only slightly. "Fine. But you need to stay close and listen to me." He said firmly. "We have no idea what we're up against out here..."

HW wrote:As there were no true camps for the cats of Hallow's Edge, the portal did not quite appear in the heart of camp. It did, however, appear at the heart of the moor, which was exactly where Hazel happened to be at the moment. Only she heard the goddess's gentle yet commanding voice call for a champion, call for help. She was frozen where she stood.

She didn't know of any cats nearby, and the moor's best warriors were especially elusive. Who knew how long it would take for her to fetch them? Would it be too late?

Hazel shook her head quickly. She was the Sage of the moors now, their leader. If this... whatever came asking for a champion, then she would have to be that champion. Still, her heart thrummed in her chest, fervent and afraid. What was this? A sign from the spirits? A trick? What would happen to her if she stepped through that portal? ...Was this a portal to the spirit realm?

No, no more worrying.

The tortoiseshell straightened her back. The spirits came to her moors for help, and asked for a champion. She would have to be that champion. Without putting a second thought to it, Hazel set her jaw and stepped through.
EchoIre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Journey to the Trinity Tree - June 1st

Postby ataraxic_gone » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:42 pm

Username: ataraxic_king
    Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Storm, Atmos, Ca'ndra MiloSkip
    Link to their pride or group: The Ambivalent, Tacenda
    Prompt level completion: Level 4 - 759 words
    Prompt:
    It wasn't even near the camp, but the ripple in the universe was like a bug crawling up the back on his fur- impossible to ignore and if he was honest rather irritating. Milo rolled his shoulders forcing some life back into his body after the cold of the night and restless sleep had taken a lot out of him. Still, he was something of a powerful being and he wasn't one to be ignored and it was the first time a rift had opened without his permission and it was something worth exploring. With little tact or forethought, he ripped his own passage through space to reach the destination that was the former heart of the two clans, a meeting place where they could gather if they so chose to abandon their fighting.

He stepped up to the portal, ears ringing slightly as the sensation of magic that wasn't his own ripple into the surrounding air. The clan never took to this sort of thing well, and while asking the leaders for their opinion would be optimal, while telling others where he was going would be wise- this seemed like something fun to do on his own as a treat for all his good behavior as of late. He'd be back, right after he figures out what this voice needs a hero for.

Hopefully, someone like him is what the voice requires. He hadn't considered himself a champion or a hero in a long time but considering the wreck that was the rest of his clanmates and neighboring idiots, it was probably for the best that he donned the title for the sake of whoever was calling. He stepped forth

---

Storm was returning from a long journey when he was met at the border by Atmos. The other lion looked a little shaken and looking forward in space it didn't take long for why to resonate with Storm. A churning formed in his gut when his senses were met with a dip in space, a portal of sorts straight in the middle of the camp. Storm pushed past Atmos, more uncaring than he usually was to hurry back to take stock of the chaos. Space was an odd thing and depending on where the portal had opened to- well it was better left unspeculated for the sake of his mental health.

"Storm!" Karllè called as Storm entered the outskirts of the camp. Normally such an outspoken welcome would get his hackles up but right now, at this moment he was more than happy to just accept that everyone seemed to be okay. He met her halfway, hackles rising as the portal let out a gentle breeze from the strange place that rested on the other side- that was good news.

Storm opened his mouth, aiming to figure out what was going on a voice came from the portal, its message clear as it called forth a champion from their ranks.

From the crowd, Ca'ndra stepped forth, an anger across her features that broke her usual playful nature.

"Let me go through it already!"

Ca'ndra said, as Storm stood to the side as the rowdy lioness faced their leader.

"I've made my point, let me go."

The lioness made her final point before staring at the portal and for the first time since he had met Karllè the leader sighed and nodded towards the portal, giving her permission for Ca'ndra to do as she wished. It was a sudden fold on their leaders part but he hadn't heard Ca'ndra's case or how rowdy she had been before his arrival. With their leader's permission, Ca'ndra disappeared into the portal.

---

MiloSkip hadn't expected to enter the new world and almost immediately be trampled by a larger creature with brown fur and small bat wings, covered in lights that were beginning to flicker in and out. He let out a deep breath, eyes flicking towards his escape before back towards the creature that had almost stepped on him. In turn, their eyes stared down at him before the cloud that had been over their face shifted and they beamed a toothy smile at him. Right. Of course.

Milo took a moment to look around, taking in the crowds that had gathered. All appearing through portals like the one he had entered. His gaze was taken back to the creature beside him when they spoke.

"Hello there! I'm Ca'ndra!"

"I'm Milo. I mean, MiloSkip."

The creature nodded, that toothy smile emanating mischief and most likely nothing good. This would be an interesting day.
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wucaian » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:20 pm

Username: wucaian
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Bishop | Fire | Crypt | Moon
Link to their pride or group: Sun Gorge Pride Mountain Pass Pride
Prompt level completion: [Lvl. 5/1011 words]
Prompt: -June 1st-
There’s no warning before the portal appears. One second there’s just the hot midday breeze, and the next, a sharp crack fills the air. A swirling vortex of dark blue clouds crackling with blue white lightning. The hole seemed to pull the very air into it.

The guard patrol spotted the portal from across the field. They hurry over, ears pricked for danger and fur on end. Bishop and another member kept watch of their surroundings. But neither could help flicking quick glances at the clouds the closer they got. The leader of their patrol and the fourth lion stepped slowly closer to the portal. Their eyes were wide with wonder and apprehension. The leader crept forward and bent forward to sniff the closest cloud. It smelled only of the cold wet of a rainstorm. He reached out carefully with a paw to touch the swirling mass. His paw passed through it with no resistance, only a faint tingling lingered in his paw.

Suddenly, the four lions fall writhing to the ground. A shrill noise echoes inside their skulls. Images and impressions of emotions dart across their minds too quick to fully comprehend. As the ringing fades from their ears, they can barely make out words. A single command. Bring me.

The four lines rise slowly in unison. As if possessed, they each turn a different direction and run. They move faster than any normal lion has a right to. Bishop turns toward the gorge, the very heart of his pride’s territory. His feet fly over the ground. Eating up the distance that once took minutes to traverse in mere heartbeats. When he arrives at the lip of the gorge, he makes his way nimbly down the path. Some pride members turn to watch his passing, one or two call out, but he is undeterred. His mind clears just enough for him to realize he is standing before his Queen.

The compulsion feeds him its intent. “Follow,” he rasps. “Present yourselves before fate. Bear witness this day as the champion is chosen.” Once the words are out his mind hazes over again.

Fire regards her trusted guard. She notes the blankness in his stare. She rises and steps into his space. “Whatever demon grips my lion reveal yourself,” she growls.

Bishop’s head merely lowers and he repeats, “follow.”

Seeing no alternative, Fire nods. Around them the pride has taken notice and gathered, cubs push impatient between legs and heads turn in bewilderment. Bishop turns and suddenly, they are swept up in his fervor. They follow him at the same breathless speed, flowing over the land like a rushing river. They come to a gentle stop before the portal and all the lions are released from the calming trance that had gripped them. Bishop shakes his head and fully takes in what’s happening. The other members of the patrol have also arrived, leading their own hoard of lions. It appears lions from every nearby pride have gathered. The patrol leader even leads two of the far off prides, the Mountain Pass Pride and Shaking Wood Pride. Everyone is turning this way and that, confused and mistrusting of the foreign energy before them.

Fire steps up next to Bishop and asks, “what has happened here?”

Bishop can only shake his head.

Out of the vortex of blue steps a great lion, dark and regal. They’re sturdily built and stand nearly a head taller than the largest lion there. They’re pelt is nearly black and split with cracks of pale yellow and white. They survey the crowd that’s gathered. Their gaze unsettles the gathered lions. They get the feeling the lion is ageless like the stars, but with a cool shrewdness about them. They throw back their head and roar.

“I am a guardian of the Eternal Realm.” Their voice booms across the fields. “The power of our realm makes you strong. It flows through your veins and the very earth beneath you. You siphon our magic into your world and now you will return it. The armies of decay rise. We require a champion to fight beside us. If the Eternal Realm were to fall, so would yours weaken. Bare your souls for judgement.”

A murmur arose from the gathered lions. What does this mean? What other realm? None of them have record of this in living or inherited memory. Is it true? Would their world really crumble? Then one lion, unknown in the sea of unfamiliar faces, lifts their head and roars. It’s a call of battle. A call of pride. One by one, other’s echo the call, until the birds have been raised from their roosts and the grass trembles around them.

The great lion’s face remains impassive, but Bishop thinks he sees a pleased gleam in their fathomless eyes. Or perhaps that is wishful thinking. A hope that this primordial being is not so removed from their mortal selves.

Their gaze sweeps over the crowd again before they speak. “Step forward.”

Bishop, like many, is confused who they speak to. Before one of his pridemates steps forward with that now familiar entranced gait. Crypt walks toward the great lion and the crowds part around him. But soon others are walking forward. One from Mountain Pass, a striking figure with prongs atop their head, and one of Sun Gorge’s neighbors. The other lions sit while Crypt steps up to the lion. They all watch in fascination when they bow their head to touch noses with him.

“Welcome brave one. Your soul shines bright and eager for this challenge.” They then rise and address the other three lions. “As your champion fights beside us so will you fight beside the champion. You will be his paws and the envoys to your realm. And should he fall, you shall take up the mantle.”

Crypt shifts uncomfortably at the mention of failure so soon after he was named a conquering hero. Their otherworldly visitor spares no time for their hesitance. They turn and walk straight into the portal, the chosen lions following in stride.
Last edited by wucaian on Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Currently missing:Image
Bounce, bounce, bounce...
wucaian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minifun990 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:02 pm

Username: minifun990
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt:Ladon Melli
Link to their pride or group: Mystic Isle
Prompt level completion: Level 5 (1020 words)
Prompt:When there was a tearing sound that sounded as if it was ripping the world in two Mystic Isle wasn’t as surprised as they could be. It had only been two months since a rogue goddess had created a rift allowing minor gods to pass through into Mystic Isle, only to be sent back once the rift closed. For this reason the celestial realms seemed close, and not particularly scary.

So instead of panicking they simply started to head out of dens, blinking sleep out of their eyes.

It was only as they laid eyes on the new rift that a bit of concern and fear started to bleed through. Deeper sleepers were woken up and the pride gathered.

It was a very different rift from before. Not a soul stepped out and a voice called out from within, pleading for help and for those brave enough to defend. Each pride member looked at each other in confusion, each resisting the pull to step into the void that awaited, blue and limitless.

After talking with Dorion and Pulin for a moment, the two lions known for their wisdom Ladon stood up and spoke to his pride.

“Does anyone have a reason one of us should not heed the call?” There was muttering, but only Jovano and Fayvel stood up to address the pride. They shot glances at each other before Fayvel tilted his head to let Jovano speak.

“What if its a trap? Meant for us to send our best to their doom?” Ladon smiled a little.

“That's exactly what Pulin said. But you can feel the pull right?” Jovano nodded sullenly.

“We aren't a pride to ignore someone who needs help.” Ladon stated, chest swelling with pride as others nodded, even Jovano who was now watching over his cubs, both shunned for their uniqueness. “Those who want to go into the rift remain here, those who don't, or who shouldn't -” He continued, meeting a few eyes with a bit of challenge, daring them to argue. His eyes softened “Go get some rest.”

There was a bit more arguing as he sent away those too old, or too young to go were sent away, even insisting they wanted to go. Soon he was left with 8 lions and lionesses, each arguing their best attributes and pointing out each other's flaws. Ladon tried to keep up at first but soon it just became quarrels that were only giving him a headache and solving nothing.

He sent some more back, knowing them to be too reckless. He sent another two back due to their unrivalled hunting experience. Finally he was down to three warriors and 2 hunters. He looked them all in the eyes for a moment, thinking of the family ties each had, how devastated they would be if they didn't return.

So when the pride regathered, ready to hear their leaders announcement of who would brave the unknown Ladon knew who he would choose. An orphan, parents long forgotten but raised by those and alongside those no longer with the pride. No special talents that couldn't be replaced, a will to go and the determination to come back.

He looked at all those surrounding him and gave them his biggest smile.

“Mystic Isle, I have chosen a champion to step beyond.” The murmurs erupted again and there was hugs between friends and family who feared they might be chosen, with the chance to never see each other again.

“I would say great things about them now, how brave and fierce they are. But really, I think they are too scared to watch others get hurt.”

“Ladon.” Pulin growled, eyes lit up as if he knew where this was going.

“Beware great beyond!” Ladon cried theatrically. “For Mystic Isles champion is me!” And with that Ladon leaped into the rift.

Renisk Isle was a little more surprised by a rift forming in the center of their main den area. However, their queen along with a few others had been present when the first rift had opened so maybe weren't shocked as much as they could be. Eleri had barked commands and by the time the words from the rift could properly be understood their whole pride was kneeling in front, awaiting the presence of celestial beings.

When instead a champion was called for Eleri bounded to her feet as if it wasnt her who had commanded them all to kneel. With a spark in her eyes she declared that all able bodied shall participate in a quick battle for the honor to travel to such a place.

It was obvious who would win, Viktor’s large frame almost double that of the smallest contestants. However, Eleri insisted with bared fangs that this wasn't optional.

A ring was constructed of fallen logs, often rolled into place for these sorts of things. Nine stand now, Eleri roared. But only one can win.

Viktor didn't look like he wanted to win. In fact about half the pride didn't seem to want to, but they fought anyway, knowing that to give up was to be weak.

That wasn't to say it wasn’t a brutal fight though. While Khalo and Carinna were the smallest due to their snow leopard heritage the two worked together well and overcame Haiba and Nilesh before being taken down by Kywan.

Melli momentarily worked with Dahlia and Lavey to bring down Viktor, all three struggling even as Viktor hardly broke a sweat. Until Melli changed the tide of the battle.

She stepped back, glancing up at Eleri for a moment before sweeping her paw down, flinging grit and sand into the other threes eyes. Blinded they grappled at each other until, one by one Melli took them all down.

Melli couldn't help but preen a little at Eleri's nod of acceptance at her underhanded tactics. She could see her anger though, hiding in her eyes that Melli had bested one of her brothers.
“Shall I?” Melli asked with false politeness, indicating to the still glowing rift.

“You did win.” Eleri replied, aggression thinly veiled. Melli stepped closer, eyeing the door with apprehension. “Oh and dear?” Melli turned her head to see Eleri’s smirk just before the portal took her.

“Don't hurry back.”

(1020/1000)
Last edited by minifun990 on Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
"𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑔𝑒𝓉𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔"

-𝓖𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓓𝓮𝓮𝓻

Cloud Cows

Sig cycles gear deer - Click to go to thread :)
minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spotted.Newt » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:54 am

Username: Spotted.Newt
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt:Tulca-Noen and Acacia
Link to their pride or group: The Cosmos
Prompt level completion: 5
Prompt: here
ImageImage
ImageImage

"Love like I'm not scared,
Give when it's not fair,
Live life for another,
Take time for a brother,
Fight for the weak ones,
Speak out for freedom,
Find faith in the battle,
Stand tall but above it all,
Fix my eyes on You.
~For King & Country

I am also known as Griffin.Song.
Spotted.Newt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frisco » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:33 am

Username: Frisco
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Sen, Rei, Varjo, Marlevort
Link to their pride or group: Night Watch | Purradise Lost
Prompt level completion: 5
Prompt:

- Admit it, you want to be the champion so that Las doesn’t go.

As always, Fantom saw right through him. They were at his office, taking a break from discussions with the sergeants. Fan stayed behind after everyone left.

They were about to face something none of them had ever experienced before. A threat greater than any they ever faced before and that meant something. However, the worst part was that it was unknown. They had no idea what to expect on the other side of the portal.

It appeared early morning, glowing with a blue hue. A voice asked for help of a champion. The Night Watch consisted of many strong and brave individuals, all ready to bring aid and uncover mysteries. The problem was, the portal would only accept one of them. There were many volunteers, each with different qualities that could help them on the other side. One of them was Lasan, Sen’s adopted son. He was curious about the world and desperate for knowledge. Sen had no real reason to stop him other than a father’s worry. He was afraid the boy would get mad if he stopped him, but he couldn’t let him go either. He could appoint someone else as the champion, but that wouldn’t be fair. All the lions have been through a lot lately and they were all needed to protect the peace of the land. The more he thought about it the more convinced he was that he should be the one to cross the portal.

He looked up at the grey lion and sighed.

- Yes - he answered. - But I also think it should be me. Everyone’s been working their tail off for the last few months. Recently I’ve been barely getting out into the land, spending time just giving orders. It’s my turn to go back into action. Besides, you can replace me as captain until I’m back.

- No way, you’re irreplaceable.

A couple months ago it would’ve made Sen blush, now he just chuckled.

- I wish I could go with you.

That was one of the things he loved about Fan. He didn’t try to stop him, but accepted his decision and supported him. Sen put his head against his.

- I’ll miss you.

Before the sun went down Sen called the whole pride for a meeting. He announced that he will be the one to answer to the call of the unknown. He instructed the vice-captain and left him in charge. He hugged his family goodbye and, watched by the curious eyes of his pride, walked into the portal.

-----

- The weird tree lady has spoken! You must go!
- No, I don’t want to! What if becoming a tree is contagious? I’m too young and beautiful for that!
- You must go and save us from the tree lady!
- Why me?!
- Who else but you? You’re the captain, it’s your job to deal with crimes like this!
- Well, technically portals aren’t illegal, so I wouldn’t call it a crime…
- Your father would be ashamed!

There it was. The talk of his father again. They all expected him to be his copy. Proud, strong and brave. A true leader. But what if he didn’t want to be like him? What if he couldn’t?

Before he could could react with a snarky comment, paws pushed against his chest, shoving him into the portal. He was falling backwards and there was no way to stop it.

All he could do now was hope that his feline instincts would kick in and he’d land on all fours.

-----

Varjo’s mouth hung open and his eyes sparkled the whole time he watched the portal, which suddenly appeared in the middle of the village, and listened to the Trinity Tree’s speech. When he was sent into this land he was disappointed. He expected a life of adventure and excitement, but what he found was the most calm and sleepy little village. He was supposed to stop crimes and solve mysteries, but both of those seemed to avoid this place like fire. He was bored out of his mind. He knew that he was made for more than fetching the newspaper everyday for his captain.

Eventually the portal went silent and waited. All the lions started exchanging looks with each other and murmuring. Excitement, worry and confusion were painted on everyone’s faces. Some young, strong lions expressed interest in becoming the champion, but were silenced by their mothers and wives, afraid for their lives and not wanting to be left alone. There was talk of a trial to choose the one best suited for the job.

- I’ll go.

The words escaped him before he could stop them.

- As a member of the Night Watch it is my duty to p-protect the lives of all lions - he said, as his mind was going “oh god, oh no, what am I saying?!”.

It was a bad decision and he knew that. He wasn’t the strongest or the fastest. He liked to think of himself as smart, but would he be smart enough? As he proudly puffed out his chest, his paws trembled slightly. Hopefully noone could see that. And yet, the mystery, the adventure, it beckoned.

There were more murmurs. Eventually his captain stepped out.

- Go then, young one. Return victorious or not at all - and he laughed maniacally.

Vari gulped. He hoped for more encouraging words. Maybe he even hope he’d be stopped.

Slowly, paw after paw, he made his way to the portal with curious eyes following him the whole way.

-----

When the portal appeared Marlevort calmly listened to the cry for help and returned to his tower as if nothing happened. Later that day he told all about it to the wizard, while watching him brew a potion. He wasn’t surprised when Zappersnap announced that he already knew all about it.

- You should respond to the call - the wizard said. - There are many threats this world will have to face and you need to be ready for it. This will be a trial for you. You will be able to practise your magic and prove yourself. Everything you learn out there will help you further once you come back. It will bring you a step closer to reaching your goal.

The wizard smiled briefly. A rare occurrence.

Marley tilted his head to the side and observed him for a moment. He was sure the man knew much more than he was letting out. It was always the case. But it was fine. The little cat trusted him completely. If that was the sorcerer’s wish, his small apprentice would obey. He nodded his head.

[ 1105 words ]

What a beautiful, beautiful thing
to be able to dream
when you're not asleep.
Frisco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Isabella- » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:53 am

Username: Isabella45
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Khalida, Nthanda, Ravi, Valerius
Link to their pride or group: xxXxx
Prompt:

Life was good. King Chikondi sighed to himself as he looked down at his pride from his vantage above them. New alliances had been made, things in the pride seemed to be in order yes...life was....well, not quite.
The king stiffened as he saw their visitor walking across camp, his stride arrogant and demeanor cocky. This visiting 'prince' might've proved a strong ally. He had already proved his fighting ability against some of their best guards. But no, he had far too little in the way of actual possessions and land. He could forget his idea of marrying one of Chikondi's daughters. It would be a fruitless alliance, and besides, only one of them was really marriageable so he needed to hold out until he had a match for her that was too good to resist.

Now he felt somewhat irritable as he watched the bearded lion coax a smile out of Nthanda. Perhaps now was a good time to send this visitor away. It wouldn't do for Nthanda to become too attached, or anyone else either for that matter.

He stood and walked their way, fully intending to tell the young prince he had overstayed his welcome. But before he reached them he noticed an odd glow against the ground directly behind his daughter. She didn't seem to notice at first, but as it suddenly began to grow in intensity the visiting prince did see and abruptly pushed the young lioness aside just as the glow expanded and opened up into what appeared to be a portal of sorts.
There was no sound, just a bright glow as the portal swirled like some galactic pattern, starting out nearly white but swirling into different shades of blue and eventually almost black at the center.

Lions who had been outside and noticed it shrank back, some looking curious, others terrified, and some caught in between.

"What is it?" Princess Nthanda murmured as if to herself, leaning to get a closer look. By then her guards, as well as her personal guard, had come to protect her if necessary, but she seemed to barely notice them.

Gathering his wits Chikondi drew himself up and strode toward the glow. No lion stood in his way and his guards flanked him as they always did. The lions who had dared hover near the portal all moved back, except for Nthanda who looked at him and asked, 'Do you know what this is? Is it a portal?"

"I'm sure it's nothing to worry about," he said calmly, not wanting to admit he had no idea what the strange portal might be, if it even was a portal at all.

"I-" The princess was cut off as another figure made their way through the crowd now gathering nearby.

"What is this?" The calm but somewhat sharp tone of the pride's other princess sounded over the murmurs of the crowd as the winged lioness made her way to her sister and father by the portal.

"We don't know," Nthanda said quietly before the king had a chance to respond.
Before anyone could say any more a soft sort of whispering sound came from the portal, getting everyone’s attention. Slowly the whisper became almost a chant or song.
“The call…who will heed my call? Help us one and all? A champion to defeat the deepest dark before the evil leaves its mark.” The sound seemed to surrounded them, echoing in the ears of every lion.
Then the call changed, “Heed the call or bring doom to all…Someone must heed the call.” It repeated a few times then faded, leaving everyone whispering and wondering what it was about.

“What do we do? Is it even real?” Questions were flung back and forth until the king cleared his throat and spoke in a firm tone, “This may or may not be a real threat, but I assure you I will decide what to do shortly.”
No one dared to argue, but the whispers continued as lions stood by, watching the portal, and the king took some of his advisors and his daughters off to the side.
“It could be a trick,” one of the advisors said.
“Or some evil magic,” another added.
“What is someone really does need help? Shouldn’t we help them?” Nthanda put in.
The King silenced them all with a look then said, “Whatever this is, real or not, clearly it doesn’t concern us. If it is indeed a portal then it is some other land in trouble, not our own. And we need not be bothered.”
“But it said something about doom, couldn’t that pertain to us?” Nthanda put in.
“Doom to whomever needs help I’m sure, not our pride,” the king said, his tone suggesting he didn’t welcome further discussion.
“There could be…rewards,” one advisor put in tentatively.
“Rewards?” The king seemed open to the idea, but not like he was going to put up with any foolish ideas.
“Yes, for a champion who would…who would defeat this, this evil,” the advisor suggested, stumbling over his own words.
Nthanda's heart fell a little at his words. She knew that in greed her father would send any lion without a care for their safety.
“Well, I suppose it couldn’t hurt to send one lion,” the king mused. For a moment he seemed to think then he said, “I’ll inform the pride and ask for a volunteer.”

The king stood and left the group, walking back to the portal and the lions gathered around it. In a loud voice he announced, “We seek a champion to enter the portal and seek out this darkness, to defeat it! Who will volunteer to be their pride’s champion?”

Several moments passed and no one stepped up, some lions looking at their paws or shaking their heads and murmuring among themselves.
Finally a calm voice spoke above their whispers. “I’ll go.”
The king was visibly surprised when Nthanda stepped forward, her gaze calm but determined. “Come now, it would not do to send our most precious princess on such a journey, alone and unprotected.” His tone was calm but his eyes dark with warning as they landed on his daughter.
“I would be honored to accompany her.” Their visitor stepped up, his red eyes gleaming and that familiar half grin on his face.
“It would be my duty and my honor to protect her on this journey,” Ravi added, casting a distrustful glance toward their eager guest.
“Nonsense, I will not have my sister wandering off to who knows where without me and with a stranger too,” Khalida interrupted, her gaze flashing as she stepped up beside her sister and looked at the king, all but daring him to deny her the right to go.
“Surely you cannot all go,” the king said. “There is no telling what threats you might face along the way, it may be no place for princesses.”
“But we have no right to ask our pride to do more than we would do ourselves, do we?” Nthanda questioned.
A few lions murmured in agreement and the king seemed to realize there was no easy way to get out of this just now, so he simply nodded very slightly. “Very well, but I insist you prepare before your journey. And you,” his gaze turned to the visitor. “I wish to speak to you before you all go.”
“Of course your highness,” he said calmly, the calm sparkle never leaving his eyes.

~

The next couple hours passed in a blur. Nthanda and Khalida began to pack and asked Ravi for advice on what to bring while their visitor and traveling companion spoke to the king.
“You must not do anything foolish,” Khalida told her sister firmly.
“I will be careful, and you will be too,” Nthanda replied calmly. "but you know, none of you have to come with me. I need to this, to protect us. To help if I can. But I wouldn't blame you for staying."
“This may be dangerous,” Ravi said, concern for his princess clear in his gaze. "I can't let you go in there and get hurt."
“I will be fine, I have you after all.” Nthanda offered a slight smile.
“Whatever happens, we have to stick together, and keep an eye on that prince too,” Khalida said. She had tried, unsuccessfully, to convince their father to deny the price the right to accompany them, but he was insistent and that made her distrust the prince entirely.
“Do we have everything?” Nthanda asked as she straightened.
“I believe so,” Ravi said.
“Well, then let’s go.” She looked at her sister who nodded slightly, and the trio headed back outside toward the portal.

~

Meanwhile in his chambers the king had been speaking to the visiting prince, Valerius, of matters of some importance to him.
“So you see, it might be in my best interest if the princess Khalida, did not return,” the king was saying slowly, speaking almost as if to a cub.
“And you propose I help her lose her way, or her life?” Valerius questioned bluntly.
“Well, getting lost is good enough. But of course a more…permanent solution is favorable,” the king said. ‘And of course, it would earn you a portion of whatever treasures you may find. Or supposing you find none, some upon your return.”
“The only treasure I seek, is your daughter in marriage.” Valerius spoke with certainty and his tone left little room for negotiation.
The king hesitated but then nodded slowly. “Very well. My daughter in marriage if you can make sure she is the only one of my daughters to return. Understood?”
“Oh yes highness, I understand perfectly,” Valerius said quietly, dipping his head very slightly then turning to leave and join the others with the king’s stare fixed on his back.

~

Once outside the four lions stood by the portal, awaiting the king’s order to leave. The portal seemed to whisper again, but what it said exactly was impossible to tell.
The king stood before them and said in a loud voice, “Now we will watch our champions go forth into the unknown and ascertain whether this darkness this...unseen enemy is a threat to us. May they all return safely and soon.”
The four lions listened to his words, but none of them truly heard them, each caught up in his or her own thoughts and motivations.

They were a somewhat unlikely team, a princess who wanted to explore this danger and protect her pride if possible, an outcast
prince whose true motives remained unclear, a body guard who only wanted to protect the princess he cared for, and a forgotten princess who was convinced she was the only one who could really protect her sister.
For better or worse the champions had been chosen, and as one they entered the portal, ready to face whatever it might bring their way.
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThatOnePython » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:14 am

Username: ThatOnePython
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Xia, Corran, Tasso, Pecora and Ophuzi
Link to their pride or group: EchoLake Pride
Prompt:
Link
╔═════════════╗
Python || She/Her
vok pride || dappervolk

“Eternal Peace Is Probably Overrated”

Signature credits to Frisco
Art credits to Requlus

╚═════════════╝
ThatOnePython

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SurgeFire » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:13 am

Username: SurgeFire
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: orpheus, lucian | cyrus, roxana, alev
Link to their pride or group: Vallis
Prompt:

Prompt 1 wrote:
Vallis had seen magic.

Magic was certainly not an unimportant aspect of the group; most of the cats were blessed with some form of it, and if not - they were not heard of.

But a portal; this was the work of some sort of stronger magic that wasn't as heard of.
Alev was the first to hear of these news; the silent leader, who mused and mused.

"...there's something extremely off with that portal. I say it has something to do with the gods themselves," Lucian muttered, "...of course they would interfere in such an obstructive way-"
"I wouldn't say obstructive," Cyrus pointed out, his soft green eyes dipping back down to look at the smooth floor of the interior as he contradicted the other cat, not entirely intending to cause conflict; "...just an odd way of communicating. What did the portal say, Roxana?"
"The portal can talk?" Lucian interjected, before Roxana spoke. "Are you - "

Roxana stood, her deep red gaze directed at Lucian's, shutting the younger cat down. She had known him since when he was a kitten; and the tom, still young, still got ahead of himself a lot of the time.
"It isn't direct speech. It's not what you're likely thinking, Lucian," she gazed back over the other three; Cyrus, Roxana, and the silent Alev - "...it is indeed sourced from a sort of goddess, as far as we could tell. The great tree goddess who stirs from within."
Lucian gave another sullen look in disbelief at her words as she spoke; and she stopped him with another sharp look. "She needs our help. They need - a representative. Someone to aid in a fight against an enemy that they'd never even seen before... we need to pick someone. We are certainly not alone in this endeavor, as well."
"So - if we're so set on sending a cat for this... cryptic mission, surely a warrior," Lucian spoke first, gazing at the other three in determination. "I'm sure we have some sort of fine fighter. Avalon? Solaris?"
"...I don't think that," Cyrus spoke softly, catching the attention of the others. "If there are others, would they not also send their bravest fighters? Why expend one of our own when we can have a cat who can aid for the cause in a much better way?"
Alev turned her head in a gesture that indicated for him to elaborate; and he spoke - "We can't just send a cat who can fight. They'll have plenty of those. We need a cat who can not just fight, but ... who has compassion. Some cat who can prove themselves. Some cat who has magic that can not just be used for destruction, but to aid."
"A healer?" Roxana spoke in questioning.
"Not just that... maybe it'd be easier if I explained who I had in mind," and he could feel his heart skip a beat if for a moment; he knew his words would be controversial, and he was looking directly at the odd-eyed cat who hated him the most.

"Orpheus."

Silence, and then a snarl. "Are you kidding me?" Lucian hissed at the pale tabby, who flinched. "That cat? The criminal? Who knows if he'd - what if he remembers his past wrongdoings? What if he turns on us?"
"Lucian," Roxana spoke as he started, and his furious gaze dove down. "I think Cyrus has a point. With our magic, there's no way that he can remember. He can redeem himself through this call."
"What if..." Lucian was cut off once again by Roxana, who's red eyes were cold with certainty in her own words.
"...there are no what-ifs. We just have to try."

Alev thought for a moment; and with a wave of her tail, she had made up her mind.

"This is the way you can prove yourself to Vallis."
Orpheus stood in front of the rather dismal place he had called his home for a while; and he blinked in disbelief. "I could get killed."
"You don't know that," Cyrus responded; somewhat sheepish, for he truly didn't know if death was a possibility - and had assumed the black tomcat would have just gone along with his plans - but determined to convince the other, "It's the only way, Orph. If you do this... you can finally be a hero."

A hero, Orpheus thought, expression confused yet in wonder. That's...

It was something he had always wanted to be.
He was lost in this world; some held a grudge against him, and he did not know why. It was as if he had done something - but he could not recall.
There were patches in his memories; to try to recall them was like being faced with a world of static, not being able to understand what he was trying to recall.
He didn't know what he had done wrong.

"...I..." Orpheus paused, and blinked; considering Cyrus' eager words, and knowing his friend would not send him to death, he continued, "...lead me there, I suppose."

The portal lay before them.
The only few who bore witness to this event were the cats discussing Orpheus' fate; Cyrus looked only slightly worried, yet optimistic; Roxana held a neutral gaze; Alev, hopeful of Orpheus' fate...
...and there stood Lucian, who's expression showed one of a deep, hidden anger.
He was not at all going to be happy with this; he believed that the tomcat should have been followed, but Alev did not even once consider his words.
As she never did.

He watched as Oprheus was guided towards the portal; watched as the other cat took a breath and walked in; watched...

"That's it."

He stood before the other three, fur bristling in fury; he had no idea whatsoever if the portal would close, or if there was a time limit, so he felt the need to act right then and there.

"Lucian - " Cyrus stood up quickly to face him, his expression one of sheer panic. "What are you doing?"

"I'll show you all a true champion."

He stepped towards the portal - and before anyone could stop him, he was gone.

[1014 words]
SurgeFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me