Journey to the Trinity Tree - Summer event prompts

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Journey to the Trinity Tree - Summer event prompts

Postby Meekins12345 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:11 am

Username: Meekins12345
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Erastus, Ciqala, Axel, and Scirocco
Link to their pride or group: The Cloud Coalition - A sub-pride of The Pride of Wikimak
Prompt level completion: Level 5
Prompt: June 11th

"Entry number insert number here of the Adventures of the Strange Portal... Well, this is it, I think. We've gotten more recuits, we've rested, and now we have to get our butts back out on that field and begin the dirty work all over again. By the sound of it, the decaying masses are getting ready once more... only their doing some funny things this time, but it appears we are, too. I've heard talk between our members concerning starting a fire... I think they've got it in their minds to try and set fire to the opposite team, since they're mostly wood, and I think they're even shooting for trying to set fire to the opposing group's leader. It seems the smartest idea in a way, but it seems everyone's just kind of forgotten that there is rain coming. What's the point on setting something on fire if it's just going to rain soon anyway? Well, I can't really say much since I'm just a medic, but I suppose we'll end up seeing if their plan works or not by the end of it all."

"Axel's doing better today, although it appears he'll have to wear his bandages out into the battlefield, which he doesn't seem to mind. Ciqala has decided to join Axel on the battlefield as well, and the two had spared a little here and there since her return... since, well... She wasn't all that good when it came to battling in any way, by the sound of it."

"Hey! Don't say that!" Ciqala called with an indignant, yet slightly playful huff. "I'm good at it!"

"Pssh, yeah," Axel commented. "Then how do you explain how your slaps feeling like I'm just being poked by a caterpillar?"

"You hush, you smart Alec." At that point, Ciqala just batted the male playfully, causing him to laugh and only bat her back... but harder.

"I'll show you a smart Alec if you don't close that trap of yours."

"Ooh, I wouldn't do that... I know where you're tickle spot is."

Axel's eyes widened at that, he soon just scooting away some, causing all the lions within the room to laugh aloud.

"Is this how life usually is?" A softer voice asked, the bluer lioness looking between the three lions. Erastus only shrugged.

"It never really used to be this way... but things have changed. It's kinda nice, isn't it?" The general begged, getting a nod from the quiet lioness before going back to his writings... and reading while writing.

"Things have gotten better since Ciqala's return. I don't know what happened in the time she was over at the other camp, but it seems she's come back a bit different than when she left. It's almost like she's missed us... course she won't admit that, I know she won't. But she knows we missed her and I think that's something she tends to enjoy at heart."

"Scirocco, our newest friend, has been assigned as a medic and so she's with me, which is good because I can't see her fighting, to be honest. She's a bit smaller than your average lioness, like Ciqala, so I think it'd only be best that she remains with me."

"That and I've never been partial to fighting." She murmurs softly. "I... I don't want to take a life. That sounds... wrong."

"All's fair in love and war, sweetheart," Axel commented with a small smirk. "But I can understand... I wouldn't want you going through all the gunk I've gone through. That's something I don't wish upon anyone."

A soft giggle came from Scirocco then, she soon flashing the larger male a smile before glancing back to Erastus, eager to listen to what else he had to write about.

"So now she's in training, and I've been helping here here and there... actually a lot more than here and there. Since she's pretty new and knows no one where besides us, I've resorted to taking her on as an assistant. Hopefully she's decently set for the oncoming war..."

It was then, however, that a guard appeared at the exit of their den, looking to the four with a strained look on his face. "The forces are ready to head out. We need everyone out on the surface as soon as possible. The enemy is moving, and we need to be ready." He'd explain. "Stay in the distance a bit, in the group, though. We've got the splinters heading us this time, and we need them to remain up front without obstruction. The plan is to move around the plains where the fighting often occurs, without showing themselves as they make their way toward the tree of decay. As soon as they get there, they are to start a fire underneath and around it and make sure that the fire remains burning... if one of you is interested in that, please come see me."

Ciqala seemed to look to him a moment before glancing between the group of felines about her, soon raising her to paws and looking to the rest of the group once more. They all stood with her and nodded to her, and soon they were wandering out into the city, through the tunnels, and out into the surface. The four ultimately settled into their positions. Scirocco and Erastus wandered over toward the rest of the medics and settled next to each other, while Axel and Ciqala wandered into the remainder of the soldiers, remaining behind the first line of them much like the soldier earlier had mentioned. While none of them planning on joining the splinters, there were plenty of them there already, so thankfully all was well in that front.

The four looked to the enemy as they made themselves known, them and their weapons and their strongest numbers. Goodness gracious... this was going to be much different than the last two battles... but they were ready. They'd be ready for this, and they'd get out of this alive... hopefully. (1,001 wc)
╔══.·:·.☽мєєкιηѕ☾.·:·.══╗
Child of the Living God
Doodler | Roleplayer
.·:·.
Wanna trade? Check out my
trading group!
Wanna chat or roleplay? PM me! ouo
Convocation
Valley of Kings
Three Pine Range
╚═══.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.═══╝
Meekins12345

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EchoIre » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:27 am

Username: EchoIre
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Chetan and Kamala| Hazel
Link to their pride or group: Motoheri Pride | Hallow's Edge
Prompt:

Chetan heard the whispers.

And he hated them.

The leopard sought out the nearest general, who was speaking in hushed tones with another tree guardian. There was a small group about the general trying their hardest to look inconspicuous, but everyone around them knew. The general, a bluish green lioness, spotted Chetan and welcomed him closer with a wave of her tail.

"I've heard you're stealthy, leopard." She said. "I have a mission for you, if you're willing to take it."

"I know what it is." Chetan replied bluntly. "And I'm not going. Frankly, I don't think anybody should."

The general looked surprised, for a moment. She quickly corrected herself, looking down her nose at Chetan. "Thankfully, you're not the one calling the shots around here." Her voice was hard, almost cold. "Get back in your ranks."

Chetan's tail lashed behind him. "What are you thinking, setting a fire in the forest? Do you really think just the enemy's base will be harmed?"

"So the surrounding forest might get a little singed. It's not near us."

"It's near enough." He snapped. "Unless you plan to have soldiers stay and watch the flames, you can't guarantee the flames won't spread all the way here." Chetan pulled himself to his full height, though he was still laughably smaller than the lioness. "I thought you were supposed to protect life, general."

The lioness bared her fangs at Chetan, causing him to flinch. "I said leave, leopard." She snarled.

Chetan, taken aback, could only blink in surprise. He gathered himself enough to dip his head to the general before hurrying away. Soon after, the army of life moved out of the city and into the field. Chetan felt his heart sink as he watched the splinter group slink away, unnoticed by most. A raindrop splattered on his nose, pulling him out of it. Chetan looked up, watching the dark clouds swirl in the multicolored sky. Something terrible was going to happen today. He could feel it in the air.

No.

He had to do something. He couldn't just stand by again.

Just as the army of decay began to sink out of the treeline, Chetan turned and ducked through the regiments around him. A few lions tried to stop him, but he was sure to quickly slink away. his dappled pelt allowing him to easily hide in the crowd thanks to the darkening shadows. Once alone, Chetan set off in the direction the splinter group had gone in the hopes to put a stop to what they were about to do.

Aimon, the pale lion who had been watching out for her so far, leaned his head down to Hazel's ear. "I just heard they're going to try to burn the other army's base."

"What?"

"A group is going to leave before the battle starts." The pale lion repeated. "They're going to set fire to the army of decay's base. I heard they have a tree like the Trinity Tree."

Hazel furrowed her brows. That sounded... drastic. War was war, she supposed, but even then... This was proving each day to be far more troublesome than she had thought it would be. She missed the sound of the ocean, the scent of heather, and so many other simple things from home. As the army f decay emerged from the forest, Hazel couldn't help but remember the portal she had seen yesterday.

Should she have taken the chance? Should she have gone back?

Kamala walked silently through the forest, deep in thought. She had tried to convince some other lions of finding a peaceful way out of this, but none cared to listen. Wars were only solved by fighting, she had been told. There was no other way. It was too late, she was too late. Apparently, she had never been "on time" to stop the war, according to a rather pessimistic champion. After that, she didn't dare try to reason with the earthen beasts nor the god of decay. She didn't want to think about what those ghastly soldiers may do to her, or if they'd even listen half as much as the lions did. As for the god of decay... she got the idea that he, too, felt that there was no talking this war away. Perhaps he was right.

When she overheard other champions talking of burning the Trinity Tree, Kamala was stunned. "No!" She gasped. The other lions turned towards her, clearly displeased at her outburst. Kamala shrank away slightly. "This isn't the way. The god of decay, he said that the goddess threatens the balance of their world. That he only wants to secure that balance. Burning the Trinity Tree won't do that."

"It will keep the goddess from fighting again, though."

"It might kill her!"

"That's the point."

Kamala was stunned. "You- you can't really-"

"Look," One of the lions stepped closer and got in her face. "this is a war we're fighting. We need to win, and this is how."

"This isn't why we're fighting the war!"

"We're fighting because the goddess called us here to help her." The lion snapped. "She got us into this mess and lied to us so we would risk our lives for her. There is no other way to ensure she won't do this again."

"But- The balance of this world-"

The other lion scoffed. "We aren't killing everyone. There will still be life, and without the goddess, there will still be decay." Suddenly, the cover of trees was gone. They had reached the battlefield. Kamala's heart leapt into her throat.

The lion beside her huffed. "Great, you made them leave me behind." They glared at Kamala. "You're free to leave if you don't like what's happening here, girl. No one's stopping you." With that, the lion turned and ran back into the forest, searching for the splinter group.

Kamala looked up at the earth beasts beside her, many of which were much larger than the ones that had attacked at her side yesterday. If they heard any of her conversation, they didn't seem to notice. Their empty eyes were only on the army of life. On the Trinity Tree.
EchoIre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MySpoons » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:55 am

With reinforcements, the troops are bolstered and more ready than ever to fight their foes, on both sides. Though the next battle seems to approach quickly, there are murmurs around the armies as the generals each look for a new group... infiltrators- they call them. Unbeknownst to them they mimic each others words "Fire. We'll flank them and when they leave the tree to fight...we'll burn it to the ground". Such an irony that they have identical plans, one group to burn the tree of decay, another to burn the tree of life. "Who will join us? Who can be trusted? Who can be stealthy enough to lead or partake in such an attack?" So similar, yet so far apart.

Do your cats agree with the ethics of a stealthy, under the table death blow? Do they approve of using fire? Do they fight for a fair fight or lead the group in their mission to put an end to it?

As the armies begin to move, the splinter groups leave just ahead of them. Taking a new, longer route around to reach their destination, this one in silence as they prepare themselves for what they believe they must do. The rain is coming, and they have limited time to start a flame that can withstand it, from the inside out.

While they sulk around to achieve this, the armies meet again in the fields, bringing their all to this final battle. Their biggest brutes and forces, their best weapons and armor. It feels like the entire forest is filled with cries of anger and hurt, and the night's barely begun.

Username: MySpoons
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: MAR'S CHAMPION, Samael, Isolde
Link to their pride or group: The New Guard
Prompt: [545 + shaded fullbody /1000]

Samael spends far too long guarding the portal so that both cats and lions can go home if they wish. Some of them even return with more for the cause. Although Samael has his doubts, he lets everyone go by without a word. It is not up to him to convince others that this war is needless. In fact, it doesn't matter at all what he thinks.

Every feline sees the portal offering them a different view, personalized to show the one looking at it their home. The warmth from the desert is not friendly. Samael thinks back to his trek across that desert to answer the call... and wonders why the portal is showing him that particular place instead of his real home with his pride. Samael hasn't been home for quite some time, sure, but to show him the last place he was instead of his den...?

Even though he feels like talking to someone about it, someone who knows what the hell that could mean, he doesn't have anyone to trust. Certainly not here.

After a long shift of watching the portal, Samael declines to head back. He doesn't have anyone to return to or to ask to help him. It's... fine. Some look at him with pity but Samael shrugs it off. He heads to bed, along, and curls up for a dreamless sleep to rest well for the next attack.

The old general that Samael doesn't like is looking for volunteers for a special job. The new plan? Burn the other tree. Samael is shocked. Another tree? Is that who they're fighting? Some old decrepit tree that is opposing this-- not as nice, but probably nicer-- one that is associated with the life goddess? Samael scoffs in both disbelief and anger. All of this petty fighting.

Fire is not the most controllable tool. This could go so wrong, so fast. Samael easily sees the field being consumed in flames if someone makes a mistake. Samael does not offer to go-- he's not stealthy. Well, less stealthy than someone else who is smaller and faster. Instead, Samael knows he'll be fighting in the thick of it at the front lines. What Mars would want him to do.

At least he wasn't sent here to broker peace. War is the easiest thing to fuel.

Samael stands in the field under dark skies in black armor, eyes glowing bright under the thickly clouded skies. Golems stand across from him, some of them showing lasting damage from last time. The still forms of the golems that had been brought down from the last battle are still on the field, obstacles too heavy to move. This battle starts with less fanfare than the other.

It is all the same. Nothing new, nothing clever in war. Just cats fighting to the death-- for a cause some of them don't understand.

As he fights, Samael spots a flicker of orange at the far edge of the battle, barely more than a match's worth of fire. In a lull, he cranes his neck and studies those who are trekking back this way. Not the party he saw leave. The realization causes him to laugh out loud.

The other side is doing the same! Attempting to burn the heart out.

[Isolde accidentally getting between the infiltrators and the life tree]
Last edited by MySpoons on Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
-------------------------------------
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | She/Her/They/Them
Pup Parent to Teddy, SDIT

358 Pets Left
to a complete collection

Trades | Auctions
Collection Progress | Art Shop

ABOUT ME
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spotted.Newt » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:08 am

Username: Spotted.Newt
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt:Tulca-Noen and Acacia
Link to their pride or group: The Cosmos
Prompt level completion: 4
Prompt:

With reinforcements, the troops are bolstered and more ready than ever to fight their foes, on both sides. Though the next battle seems to approach quickly, there are murmurs around the armies as the generals each look for a new group... infiltrators- they call them. Unbeknownst to them they mimic each others words "Fire. We'll flank them and when they leave the tree to fight...we'll burn it to the ground". Such an irony that they have identical plans, one group to burn the tree of decay, another to burn the tree of life. "Who will join us? Who can be trusted? Who can be stealthy enough to lead or partake in such an attack?" So similar, yet so far apart.

Do your cats agree with the ethics of a stealthy, under the table death blow? Do they approve of using fire? Do they fight for a fair fight or lead the group in their mission to put an end to it?

As the armies begin to move, the splinter groups leave just ahead of them. Taking a new, longer route around to reach their destination, this one in silence as they prepare themselves for what they believe they must do. The rain is coming, and they have limited time to start a flame that can withstand it, from the inside out.

While they sulk around to achieve this, the armies meet again in the fields, bringing their all to this final battle. Their biggest brutes and forces, their best weapons and armor. It feels like the entire forest is filled with cries of anger and hurt, and the night's barely begun.

After a long day of healing, the two Jedi sleep well and deeply, both of them exhausted. When the next day comes their strength is replenished for the most part, but each notes traces of weariness in the other. Tulca-Noen pushed a cup of tea into Acacia's paws.

"Drink this," the Jedi Master instructed, "It will give you energy, and peace. Today will be as trying as yesterday, no doubt."

The padawan nodded, lifting the mug to her lips. The tea was warm, but cool enough to drink, as it always was when Tulca-Noen made it. The Jedi Master believed in pouring tea that you could sip right away, not tea that you had to wait on. Perhaps waiting was a lesson in patience, but tea was not for teaching lessons.

When they had finished their tea they went out to the briefing. There they were informed of the plan. Acacia wasn't sure what to make of it, and Tulca-Noen showed no outward signs of her opinion.

"What do you think of sneaking off to burn the tree, master?" Acacia asked, once the armies were lines up and the two Jedi had made their way to the healers' tents.

"What do you think, my young padwan?" The Jedi Master returned the question.

Acacia frowned. "It seems awfully sneaky to me."

"It is a bit sneaky," Tulca-Noen agreed, "Some would say that being sneaky isn't honorable, others would say that taking out the leader by any means is the best thing to do. It depends on your own morals, and on your foe."

"So, what of this specific case?"

"I would say burning the tree seems a bit inhumane, since the tree seems to be tied to the being that lives in it. But it is hard to judge this war. We know so little about it, and so little about what they are truly fighting for. It is best in this instance to stay out of the politics of it."

Acacia was silent for a few moments, pondering this. Then, she hesitantly asked a question. "Master, have you ever done something like this? Snuck past the battle and struck down the leader?"

Tulca-Noen sighed. "That is a complicated question, my very young padawan. I have been on many missions, on many worlds, at many points in time. We try not to kill the leaders. We try to capture them, to force their hand, to cause them to release prisoners or free slaves or stop the advancement of their army. We tried to stay out of civil wars, in which no side is fully right and no side is fully wrong. I strive for peaceful negotiation in such cases. Instead I have gone after Sith lords and other such dark beings, beings that bring cruelty and terror to the worlds they reside in. Still, I try reason, but there have been an unfortunate number of cases in which killing the leader is the only way. It is usually an accident- more often than not, such dark beings will die before they allow themselves to be captured, and so when I have them cornered they will fling themself off a cliff instead of surrendering. So, have I fought in a battle where I sneak along a side path specifically to kill the leader? No. My goal is capture. But have I snuck along a side path and ended up with the leader dead by my hands? Yes, I have. And it is not a proud thing, though the galaxy is usually better for it. A Jedi does not delight in death."

Acacia nodded. "When you say we, do you mean you and your master?"

"Sometimes," Tulca-Noen said, "But I also mean myself and allies of those worlds, or myself and my first padawan, or 'we' as in the Jedi in general. Or we as in our team, whoever that is at the time. Every mission is different." Tulca-Noen gave a small smile. "And as you now know, I am a being who is permitted to walk through the stars, between worlds and times. I am not bound by time or by space. So, I have been on a mission where I work with a Jedi Master of another realm, and then later I may work with him again when he is but a padawan and has no memory of me. And I may return to his world yet again long after he has died, and assist his grandpadawan."

"That's gotta be a bit weird," Acacia commented. "To know what the future will hold for someone, and work with them as if you don't."

"It is indeed," the Jedi Master agreed.

778 words
Last edited by Spotted.Newt on Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spotted.Newt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jantzi01 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:33 am

Username: Jantzi01
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Kosa Helios Virtue
Link to their pride or group: The Ushirikiano Pride Here
Prompt level completion: 5
Prompt:
Here
Jantzi01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minifun990 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:36 am

Username: minifun990
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt:Ladon Melli
Link to their pride or group:Mystic Isles
Prompt level completion: 5 (1183)
Prompt: June 11th
"𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑔𝑒𝓉𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔"

-𝓖𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓓𝓮𝓮𝓻

Cloud Cows

Sig cycles gear deer - Click to go to thread :)
minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wet Bread » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:52 am

Username: Wet Bread
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Worm, Aluraune Wormlet
Link to their pride or group: Rusted Daemons
Prompt level completion: Level 1
Prompt:
Worm immediately removed herself from the subterfuge plan. It wasn't so much a bad idea, she just preferred to fight this battle head on. Though, thinking back at the time she spent at the trinity tree, she wasn't a huge fan of the idea of some of those cats getting hurt and perishing that way. Besides all that, Worm needed to keep an eye on Calida, from afar at least. In this respect, Worm was a bit of a coward, but it was for the best anyways. Worm couldn't deny, she felt a bit of jealousy when she saw how Calida looked at Phoenix with awe, like she was her biggest role model. She wished she could play an important role in her daughter's life as well.

[127 words]
[center]
She/they | feel free to call me Wet or Save | Just quietly existing
eternal favorite person
Wet Bread

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:55 am

Username: TheSongOfTheStars
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Bryva Hayes Lost Shard Fragment
Link to their pride or group: HOD Dark of Mists
Prompt:
1,009 words

Bryva woke up, her head screaming, her body riddled with agony.
"Well, well, well, look who's not dead."
It took every ounce of effort for Bryva to pry her eyes open and even when she had it took her even more energy and effort to figure out what exactly she was looking it.
It was a cat, probably, she decided after a couple minutes of blatant staring. He was lounging against the tree across from her, balancing a knife on the tip of his finger while he stared at her boredly "Hi."
"What?" she said, or tried to. All that came out was a weak cough and maybe a bit of spit.
"I can not tell if you got in a fight or just fell off of the wall," he said conversational tone, flipping the knife into the air and snatching it up again by the handle "Either way you look like absolute trash."
Bryva took a minute to clear her throat "Die."
The strange cat snickered and rolled to his feet, tucking the knife into a band of leather around his wrist "You are funny. Okay, I will help you. What were you trying to do though? Run away or fight?"
"Run," she rasped, too exhausted to even try to lie.
"You from around here?"
"No," she paused to cough "Run, home."
"Ah, too bad," he knelt next to her and tugged out a sharp smelling damp cloth "There was a portal that opened up a bit ago, it was supposed to take whoever wanted back to their homes. It closed a while ago though, sorry."
Bryva groaned, then flinched as he lifted the cloth and began to clean out the large gash across her forehead.
"Sorry, it is gonna sting."
Bryva grit her teeth and dug her claws down into her paws, trying not to scream as the stranger went over her injuries, cleaning and bandaging her up. By the end up she was more bandage than cat, with several broken fingers, bruised ribs, and what felt like sprained everything else.
He leaned back on his feels and laughed at her "You look like you just crawled out of the grave."
"Die."
"Oh, what, no thanks?"
"Thanks. Die."
He laughed again "My name is Fragment by the way. You got names where you come from or should I just stick to zombie?"
"Bryva Hayes. Your name is dumb."
"No," he said slowly as if explaining to a small child "My name is Fragment."
She sighed and let herself collapse back to the ground "Please leave me alone."
"Nah."
"I hate you."
"You have known me for like ten minutes."
"I don't care."
He snickered "Obviously."

Their riveting conversation was interrupted by the ground shivering and a great light flashing through the sky.
"What was that!?" Bryva tried to sit up, but the pain that the movement caused had her curling over and dry heaving.
"They're fighting again," Fragment shook his head and knelt next to Bryva "Just try to sit still alright? They're all on the other side of the city for now. If they get any closer then you can worry about moving."
"Why...why are you..?"
"Bothering with a cowardly stranger?" he plucked the words right out of her mouth "Simple. You aren't from around here, I am and if you could not tell, here is not the greatest place ever."
"You want out."
"Yeah," he shrugged "I was kinda hoping if I helped you out then you might return the favor."
She sighed "You know how to use that knife real good?"
He grinned "You bet I do."
Bryva shut her eyes and tried to ignore the screams off in the distance "Then I might be able to help you. You cannot get away with being incompetent at all where I come from, but if you can fight...well then you just might make it."
"Oh trust me," Fragment chuckled hollowly I can fight."
Bryva smiled a little.
---
Lost Shard is not suited for stealth and covert operation are not her style in any sort of form at all. Which is fine with her because she seriously is questioning the ethics of this plan. It seems dirty, underhanded, and outright stupid. Defeating the morally questionable tree of life, her army, and not very well thought of plan of eternity was one thing. Setting her actually, physically on fire was a much different one.
So she hangs back, lets the splinter group make their plans and forge ahead on their assassin mission. She highly doubts that they will succeed at all, as the rain looms ever closer and closer. Is the sky seriously just waited for the most dramatic moment to let loose? Does it know something she does not? Is there just not been a moment that is heart wrenching enough for it to start pouring with slightly ominous thunder in the background but not so loud and ominous it breaks the tragic atmosphere and drowns out the sad emotional music that goes more to making the audience cry than the actual plot.
She hangs back as the battle starts. At this point she is pretty bored, she is tired of the fighting and the bickering and the not understanding what was going on. At this point, it did not seem like either side was really right or wrong.
Her wrist hurt still, and not just ow, I smacked it hurt, or ow it is slightly annoying.
More like ow, my tendons might have been snapped and full use of the limb type of pain. It was not just distracting, no matter how hard she tried she could not reliably lift her sword and swing it. The siege blaster was not so bad, but after a few shots her wrist would buckle and she would nearly drop it, not really a good way to spend a battle.
So she hung back and watched. She felt like there was something going to happen.
Well, something had to happen sometime, now was as good as any she supposed.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firedancer77 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:43 pm

Username: Firedancer77
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Kina, Cole, Gluttony, Maji. Galilee, Grimm
Link to their pride or group: Isle of Roses and Graveyard of Gods
Prompt:
Gluttony watched, her grin wild and sinister, as the tree containing the god of decay went up in flames. Several of the other members of the group that had splintered away looked horrified as the god shrieked and howled with pain, many even fleeing almost immediately, but the sound was music to the false god's ears. She couldn't tear her gaze away from the destruction and pain of the god, practically basking in the chaos as many of his supporters rushed to the scene, desperately beginning to try and put the tree out. They all pushed past her, paying her no mind due to their concern about the god that was the whole reason for them fighting this war for. But the fire had caught, and Gluttony knew they would have to do a lot to make any dent in the flames, let alone to put them all out and save the god.

"This is what we get for sneaking around and burning their tree!" Some soldier called out, their expression a mixture of being aghast, enraged, and justified. "I told you we should have just been up front and honest. This is what we get for ignoring ethics!"

"Shut up!" Someone else shouted back.

Gluttony listened with vague interest, more interested in watching the tree continue to burn. So they had lit the goddess' tree as well. Was she screaming and howling with the same pain that the god of decay was? That thought made her grin wider. Perhaps she ought to have been concerned, because the goddess was technically the god who had Gluttony's support, but she had never had a stake in this fight, not like Envy. (And even the diplomat herself had seemed not to care all that much about the outcome of the war, or else why would she have returned before it ended?) She had simply joined the side that the portal she stepped through had deposited her on, and when she heard that they intended to light a fire, had quickly volunteered herself so she could be a part of the chaos. What happened to either tree was not her concern, but if they were both burning, she was quite pleased with that outcome. Of course, the trees probably felt otherwise. If they were able to think coherently enough to answer (and if they would even ordain to answer), Gluttony would have loved to ask if they thought it was worth it. Had the war, and the summoning of the champions, been everything they thought it would be? They were in no condition to answer, so she would never know, but it was an interesting thought to muse on nonetheless. It brought her some satisfaction, to think that both of the gods in the trees would likely regret their decisions now that they were on fire, burning because of the very champions they had brought here. (Gluttony wasn't actually sure who had opened the portals, as no one ever said - including Envy - but she had to assume one of them did, because who or what else in this realm was powerful enough to bring them here?)

"Burn it all to the ground," she whispered as she watched, red eyes glowing in the light of the fire.

One of the other cats in the splinter group whacked her, forcing her to look away from the rising flames and the other champions desperately trying to put it out as they stared at her in concern. She frowned at this, but listened all the same to what they had to say. "We gotta go! The goddess-"

"-is burning." Gluttony said calmly, nodding.

That gave the cat pause, but they quickly shook their head and gestured with their head in the direction the group had came. "Come on, we gotta get out of here before they realize we're part of the group that did this. They probably need our help putting out the fire anyways. Come on!"

They rushed off, not even glancing back at Gluttony to make sure she followed. For a moment, the black and white she-cat almost didn't, but then she saw the fire spread from the god of decay's tree to a neighboring one, and her grin returned. "It's all going to burn," she said with a chuckle, quickly hurrying off in the direction the other cat had gone in.

She wanted to hear for herself whether the goddess howled with the same panicked, fearful pain that her opponent did.
---
Grimm wasn't sure he'd ever seen Cole so emotional over something that wasn't the archives or one of the records contained within the archives. Granted, maybe emotional wasn't the right word in this situation. Worked up didn't quite fit either. The point was that Cole was obviously emotionally invested in the battle going on (far more so than Grimm, Galilee, and most likely many of the other champions, though, at least in the case of Grimm and Galilee, that made sense, as Cole had been in this realm and fighting for longer), and Grimm had never seen Cole be so involved in a situation.

"Both trees are on fire," Cole whispered, eyes wide as he looked at the battle field, which was lit by small tongues of fire that had either spread from the trees - the forest was quickly catching ablaze - or had been dropped by any of the army members who had been carrying torches or the like to burn their respective enemy tree with. "This is a disaster."

"But a pretty one," Grimm commented, shrugging when both Cole and Galilee glared at him. "I've seen worse. This is child's play in comparison."

Cole still seemed skeptical of his reaction to the whole situation, obviously frustrated that Grimm wasn't taking things more seriously, but Galilee at least backed off a bit after that. The black lion knew she would; she was a bounty hunter, after all, or rather a bounty hunter apprentice, and so she knew all about horrors and disasters and how they often looked.

[ 1004/1000 words ]

likely will be continued when I have time

Isle of Roses | Valley of Kings

One of these days a-coming, I'm gonna take that boy's crown

Cause I am, I am a little wicked
I am, I am
Hands red, hands red just like he said

I am a little wicked

No one calls you honey when you're sitting on a throne
Firedancer77

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ARKYQ » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:36 pm

Username: Talonpawthewarrior
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Azkar and NPC cat, NPC lion, NPC lioness
Link to their pride or group: Roaming fire
Prompt:

Azkar marvelled at the blaze that burst forth from the tree smouldering and crackling as angry flames licked at the bark. He folded his ears back as the howls of fury of the god and goddess filled his mind.
Squinting to block it out, Azkar stood for a few seconds, torn between pursuing those responsible for the terrible blaze, and putting out the fire.
At last, with a growl, Azkar turned towards the amber glow, and gritting his teeth, charged towards the heat.
In an instant Azkar felt a hot wave of heat roll over him, so intense his eyes watered and his mane felt thicker than ever. Squinting through the smoke, he began to dig. He didn't know much about fire but he knew that it needed air. He began to throw dirt and sand on the fire, hauling huge pawfuls onto the blaze.
He didn't know what the others were doing, but he just kept scooping sand and clay and mud onto the blaze. He felt his hopes rise as the blaze seemed to be reducing in size, as though their efforts weren't in vain.
He opened his mouth to roar in triumph, but the second he parted his jaws, smoke and cinders rushed in and he started coughing and gagging.
He spat out a fragment of charred bark, and continued to dig. He could barely hear the wails of the goddess and god over the constant roar of the fire.
Suddenly, one noise did manage to pierce the din. A sickening crack echoed through the air, and as Azkar looked up in horror, a thick limb began to split off of the tree.
The lion braced himself for the massive tree branch to come crashing to the ground, but to his relief it didn't. Squinting through the fog, he could see that the branch seemed to be holding on, just by a tiny bit.
His relief was short lived. To his dismay the fire only seemed to swell and now they were running out of time.
He frantically resumed digging, vaguely noticing the soil getting damper, turning into clay, until one of his claws caught in the mud. Pain shot through him like fangs as the claw was torn out, and he stifled a yelp.
Through the haze of heat, blood, sweat and pain, Azkar kept digging, not even aware anymore of how long it had been.
Every once in a while he would look up, alarmed that they were only keeping the flames at bay.
we're losing! he thought, panicking even more.
He dug his claws in deeper, pulling out more chucks of mud, and tossing them on the fire.
He paused and looked up once more, the burning branch was splintering, cracking as it had more and more difficulty supporting its own weight.
Azkar closed his eyes, blocking out the sound of the fire and the frantic cries of nearby cats and lions alike, listening closely for the goddess's pained wails.
i swear, i'll fix this mess, if it's the last thing that i do! Azkar silently promised the flaming goddess.
Without warning he turned and raced into the forest, following the scent trails of those who had set the fire. i can't stop the fire, but i swear i will kill them.
He heard a rustle and bounded towards the bushes, leaping with a ferocious roar.
"Gah!" A voice yelped. He looked down at the lion he had pinned to the ground. He was young, half of his mane appeared to have been singed off.
"Traitor!" He snarled, bristling.
"N-no! I came after the traitors! I wouldn't set the goddess on fire!" He stammered. Azkar wasn't sure why, but he believed the lion, and let him up.
"Alright," Azkar wheezed. "Lets go."
Together the two males prowled silently, leaping over logs and weaving between trees.
Suddenly the other male halted and Azkar followed suit. They crept quietly towards a quivering young cat.
"Who's there! Show yourself!" He hissed.
Azkar slid out of the brush, pleased despite it all as the cat quivered in fear of Azkar and his companion's superior size.
The cat backed up, slowly, hissing and spitting. His fur was fluffed up and his back arched as the tom cat found himself cornered. Azkar could see it in the eyes of his enemy, that this cat truly had started, or at least helped start the fire that smouldered and burned behind them.
"Why did you do it?" Azkar asked quietly.
"Why does anyone set fire to a mystical tree goddess? Power!" He spat. "Respect! To be feared!"
"Well? Are you happy? Do you have power and the respect you wanted, sitting here, fluffed up twice your size, backed up against a tree? Was it worth it?" The other male snarled.
The cat glared defiantly at them. Without giving an answer, he launched himself at Azkar.
The large lion batted the little cat away with one swipe of his paw.
The cat fled into the bushes.
"I guess this is where we part ways." The other male said.
"What's your name?" Azkar couldn't help but ask. The other lion hesitated for a second, but then said gruffly,
"My pride called me holly." Without another word, Holly bounded off in pursuit of the smaller feline.
i never even got to tell him my name... Azkar thought, and continued on his way.
Azkar crept through the forest, alone again, distantly aware of the wails of the goddess and the shouts of those desperately trying to put out the fire.
i did what i could! he assured himself, trying to push down the feeling that he had failed the goddess.
Trudging onward, Azkar briefly spotted a lioness moving silently through the trees. He briefly wondered whether or not he should challenge her, but she nodded at him and he nodded back, knowing they were allies in this crazy war.
He kept going, but there was no sign of any more traitors and the scent trail was growing harder to follow, and the traitors walked through puddles and doubled back. They clearly knew what they were doing.
For what felt like the twentieth time, Azkar listened for the sounds of fire and fear, but heard nothing. Was the fire really out? Or was he just so far away he couldn't hear anything?
No matter the answer, Azkar turned and bounded back through the forest. He needed to know what happened!

1078/1000 words
ARKYQ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me