The edge of the woods.... [Final Results Up!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: The edge of the woods.... [Prompt One Open! Update pg. 1

Postby credit » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:25 am

Sign-up Time!
Username:Credit
Link to roll call post: xx
Prompt response:

credit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Grey_Hoodie » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:38 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: Grey_Hoodie
Link to roll call post: Here!
Prompt response:
    Amaris sucked in a deep breath, filling her lungs and holding the excess air in the swell of her cheeks. A bead of sweat was tracking its way down the side of her face, tickling her skin and remaining ever present even as she swiped her hand at it. Nerves were already setting her body off into a jittery dance, and Amaris almost wanted to laugh. Not only had the hike not even started yet, she wasn’t even signed up.

Apprehensive gaze rising up to study the sheet pinned before her, Amaris once again picked up the pen and pressed it to the paper. She’d been back and forth with herself over the last couple days as to whether or not she was actually interested or - if she could be honest with herself - brave enough to attend the event. Amaris ducked her chin down into her chest, eyes trailing over to catch the slight movement of the pencil pinched between her shivering fingers.

She knew she wouldn’t ever be considered a courageous person, but Kamp was meant to be an experience. Amaris wasn’t willing to give up any opportunity for some fun and adventure just because her fears were telling her to stay put where it was “safe.” Letting her collected air escape with a hiss between her teeth, Amaris pressed the pen harder against the paper. With only the briefest hint of hesitation, her name spilled on to the sheet in a swirl of curling letters.

She better not regret this.
Grey_Hoodie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kanadensis » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:01 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: kanadensis
Link to roll call post: Donna
Prompt response: [233 words]
Donna watched in silence as the other kalons crowded around the list. She couldn't fathom how any activity could possibly be enticing enough to get so worked up about. Crossing her arms to hide the bright yellow sunflower on her shirt - it was very much not her style - she let out a drawn out sigh and continued to kalon-watch. Ugh, how could these kids be so excited about a walk in the woods?? Nature itself freaked Donna out - with its dirt, and animals, and dirt... that sort of thing would only ruin her image. She thought about what Beni had said, that the hike would be "spooky". Now, while Donna was definitely not an uncool nerd, she did have a keen interest in the paranormal. It was not something she ever mentioned to others, but now it was the only thing drawing her nearer to the mess of a list on the wall. Ugh, you're undoubtedly going to end up looking like hell at the end of this, she thought to herself, pausing in front of the list. While reaching for the marker something caught her eye from across the way - Beni peeking out from behind one of the buildings and waggling their eyebrows at her while motioning toward the list. Startled (and honestly a little creeped out), she quickly scribbled her name down and rushed back to the others.
Kana/KB | She/Her xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx THcommsmy kalons
( - - - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx avatarsig )
xxxna for kalons | open: questions | closed: growth approvals, myo approvalsxxxxx
kanadensis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wibeke » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:10 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: wibeke
Link to roll call post:
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3859303&p=119708108&hilit=Wibeke#p119708108
Prompt response:
Castamere wasn’t sacred.
Honestly, why should he be? He had faced down soldiers, commanded armies, conquered kingdoms, the list of the reckless young kings exploits went on and on. He’d even fought a polar bear once, though whether the fight amounted to a victory was up for debate. (the polar bear belt displayed in his castle would argue victory, but his severed arm begs to differ)
Then again, he always had armies and servants at his command. It’s hard to die when you have legions of other unfortunate pawns to fall in your place. He always had a mind for military strategy, even if things tended to get a bit messy.

But what could these kids possible dream up? He had to admit he was out of his element, stuck in some weird “kingdom” after following an outdated map.
He quickly scribbled in his name, trying to shake the doubts from his mind. The honorable young Ling Castamere feared nothing. Except maybe pigeons

jen they/them ace dumpster fire
aka wibekapedia

always open for commissions on DA

talk to me about pigeons!

● ● ●

art shop - deviantart
my kalons
wibeke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jippy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:32 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: Dreamlight
Link to roll call post: X
Prompt response: With a swish of the pen Ly’Leth jotted her name down on the paper! Her curly cursive handwriting was distinct from the others. Test of Coruage, she wasn’t really sure what it meant, for she loved the forest and there were somethings you could only experience at night. Which was why she was excited about the trip. I mean what was there to be courageous about? Unless this was a trap, suddenly the idea seeemed rather suspicious. Was it possible that these two were gonna sabotage the trip? Or maybe this was a trap? Or maybe they were planning to kitnap the group? She narrowed her eyes at the two counselors who seemed to be arguing. We’re they two evil wizards in disguise? What could they possibly be thinking of? The forest seemed normal but who knows what’s out there. Perhaps it’s best to do some snooping and investigation first... I mean, they won’t mind if I take a peak in the forest with there permission right? No, cause I might get in trouble. I can’t get in trouble cause that would be horrible, and from the looks of it, I don’t want to see their bad side! The argument continued in her head before deciding that she’d see it herself and what this test of courage was... and with that she walked out stiffly, ready to face the night.
Jippy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Muggywort » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:45 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: Iemongrasses (with an i)
Link to roll call post:
Prompt response:
Where'd that sword come from?
┌─────────────────────────────┐
Otus/Oats | He/it | Sapphic
Carrd | TH | My kals
Hey I'm Oats! I rlly like fungi,
plants, hollow knight and snails!
Art & avatar by me

└─────────────────────────────┘
ImageImageImage
Muggywort

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yen. » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:54 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: eonian
Link to roll call post: here
Prompt response:
    Ferris stood in front of the piece of paper, multi-colored pen in hand, clicking it absentmindedly. "Test of courage...?" He mumbled. It was sure to include cheap supernatural sites and fake scares, and Ferris didn't really care for the paranormal, anyway. He preferred to only believe something when he had solid evidence of it-- he wouldn't be half as good of a detective without that mindset.

Under normal circumstances, Ferris wouldn't even take a second to consider this kind of trip. But... Ferris frowned. Every other activity sounded at least ten times worse than this. And there was a small sliver of hope in him that maybe, just maybe, he could enjoy this trip by turning it into a mystery. Ferris hadn't been able to do anything like that in at least six months, and he couldn't help feeling like his brain was rotting away while he couldn't use it for anything challenging. So of course he would jump at the slightest chance to indulge himself.

The only problem was the possibility that he would actually get spooked from whatever the hike had in store, which would certainly interrupt his thought process.
    Ferris paused, rethinking that. There was no way any of that would affect him. He'd been through way too much to get scared by some weird noises or dark mansion or whatever they had in store. Ferris felt fairly confident as he signed his name on the paper.
yen.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Placebo » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:54 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: Placebo