CYBERNETIC | Wings of Fire RP | DISCUSSION

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

CYBERNETIC | Wings of Fire RP | DISCUSSION

Postby broner » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:56 pm

Discussion for CYBERNETIC.

CYBERNETIC wrote:
There's a saying from long before the rise of the City, and it goes something like this: "Nothing is certain except for war, death, and the three moons in the sky."

Well, maybe two of those things are true. But war - that's a relic of a barbaric time past. The Council, those representatives from all tribes, made sure of that, all those hundreds of years ago. War was what razed the continents, what caused the tribes to fear and despise each other. Here in this haven, the City, it was peaceful. It was safe. The A.I. made sure of that.

Although, perhaps it was jumping the shark a bit to say so. Recently, a forbidden question has begun to spring from those dark, cobwebbed corners of dragons' minds - is it really okay?

Cybernetic soldiers, all dragons with enough chrome to crush a scavenger or ten, are starting to make some questionable actions. Particularly, hauling off those who might have been let off with a slap on the wing a few decades ago to places unknown. They act eerily in unison, as though controlled by something - but what?

Dragons are dying, you see. And as I researched for years and years, I have finally found something actionable. It's not something I can entrust to a Citizen, no. For our organization has one goal: track down the Engineer, the one who has lived since the city's inception. You must slay them, and save us all.

This is why I have gathered you here, brave outsiders. From the world beyond, you have traveled here; now, I must request your help. I beg of you: please find the Engineer and free us at last.
broner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

my forms

Postby broner » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:58 pm

broner wrote:
Username: broner
Name: Rift
Species: seawing
Appearance (if no image): mostly dark blue, bottle-green stripes and grey-blue underbelly.
Personality (fleshed out for chosen dragons): upbeat, humorous, essentially a really personable guy. Gets real angry at people who don't listen, usually not up for debates. Also super fiery and hard to reason with. Generally real loyal.
History (encouraged): his past is a vagrant one, hopping camp with his father for years and years. in that barren land, he learned the harshness of life and the value of a true friend. he can only wonder where that friend is now.
Other:

Username: broner
Name: Sleet
Species: 1/2 ice; 1/4 sea; 1/4 sky
Position: Citizen
Cybernetics: gills that function, a number of plate replacements
Appearance (if no image): light bluish body with slightly darker areas around the top scales and pinkish spines. spikes on the tail from his icewing ancestors and serrated claws.
Personality (fleshed out for chosen dragons): sassy, irritable, will skewer you with words if given the chance. beyond this, pessimistic and nihilistic
History (encouraged): orphaned before hatching, he was one of the many unfortunate dragonets who were experimented on in the name of the future of cybernetics. being a hybrid without much of a future, he accepted the functional gills that he was not born with and escaped during one of his many post-surgical rest periods.
Other::)
Last edited by broner on Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
broner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CYBERNETIC | Wings of Fire RP | DISCUSSION

Postby AGGUA! » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:07 pm

Username: AGGUA!
Name: Temper
Species: SkyWing
Position: Chosen
Cybernetics: N/A
VC: Hailee Steinfeld
Appearance (if no image): See above, TH is here
Personality (fleshed out for chosen dragons): Being on the younger side, Temper is quick to act without thinking and can get herself in trouble as a result. She's doggedly loyal and easy to aggro when someone picks a fight with her crew; luckily, this usually goes her way, being built with lots of lean muscle and fire to boot. This isn't to say she's intentionally mean. Contrarily, she's good-spirited and confident and strives for success.
History (encouraged): Historically, Temper comes from a SkyWing family of great power and wealth. They once held a speck of influence in the city with higher-ups in the government, but when cybernetic installments became more mainstream, the family refused to partake after a series of "incidents." They fled, disappearing from the books, and Temper was thusly born outside of the walls. Her desire to return is non-existent, having heard some of the horror stories, but she's not one to turn down a call for help.
Other:Image drawn by the lovely @Crowface

Username: AGGUA!
Name: Reaper
Species: 1/2 NightWing, 1/4 SandWing, 1/4 IceWing
Position: Soldier
Cybernetics: SandWing barb that can be equipped with different chemicals (i.e. paralytic toxins, hallucinogenics, etc.) Serrated metal talons, metal IceWing spines. His lower jaw was replaced and bolted back into his skull alongside an inner working system that mixes lighter fluid and sparks together, allowing for a limited supply of fire-breathing. Ice breath is something that still needs to be developed. His vocal cords are still intact, but it distinctly hurts to talk too much. They, too, might need to be modded someday.
VC: Matthew Mercer
Appearance (if no image): See above, TH is here
Personality (fleshed out for chosen dragons): Reaper's a stone-cold, no-nonsense bastard. He's blunt and stoic and to-the-point and is extremely intolerant of defiance. Towering at a staggering height with an exceedingly imposing silhouette, he has no qualms about getting his claws dirty and doing what needs to be done, making him a perfectly ideal soldier. At least, one would think so, right?
History (encouraged): Reaper was born looking almost exclusively like a NightWing, receiving modifications to help him make use of a full array of abilities. His father was stoically against the entire affair for reasons that involve Reaper's mother, someone who hasn't been in the picture for a while. Conflict led to a messy separation, and Reaper hasn't spoken to his dad since ascending to the position of a soldier.
Other:Image drawn by the lovely @broner
AGGUA!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crowface » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:25 pm

crowface:
Name: Leopard
Species: Sandwing/rainwing hybrid, rainwing dominant
Position: Citizen
Appearance (if no image): His main scales are a cool dark gray and he has a yellow underbelly, frill, and underside of the wings. His tail barb is oversized. The frill on his head is large and he flaunts it. His cybernetic enhancements are gun metal gray and have yellow LEDs for when he feels like showing off. He has a scar on the left side of his face running through his lip and several piercings in his ear as well as an eyebrow piercing on his left crest.
Cybernetics: His tail barb has cybernetic enhancements that let him switch between paralyzing and sleep-inducing venom. Both of his claws are cybernetic and allow him to retract his claws or make them longer when needed.
Personality (fleshed out for those chosen): Leo is a rash and snarky dragon at times but knows when to reign it in. His outgoing nature and stubborn personality have both won him battles and gotten him in trouble.
History (encouraged): Leo was born on the fringes of the city and had to fight his way into the heart of the district. The adversity in his past taught him to stay quick on his feet and he is well acquainted with the laws of the streets and the business that runs within them.
Other: Older brother of Dart

Name: Okapi
Species: Sandwing, alleged Icewing ancestry somewhere in his bloodline
Appearance (if no image): Okapi is a well-built Sandwing with silver cybernetics laced throughout his body. His cool-toned beige scales blend well with the metal and his black and brown stripes compliment his enhancements well. His frill is cut close to his head, and his horns have his serial number engraved on each of them. His wings have a cool colored gradient with brown stripes.
Cybernetics: His front and back claws are augmented to be sharper and durable. Metal plates on the back of his thighs act as air powered thrusters for powered flight, and his barb can change into a scythe on command. His right eye is augmented to receive messages and be able to identify objects better via neurolink technology. His forearms and tail are completely metal and can be used as shields to block projectiles.
Personality (fleshed out for those chosen): Okapi is a rule-follower and loves structured environments. He finds solace in reliable schedules and enjoys the monotony of his job. He does have passions of his own, but above all he is loyal to the city and has a strong sense of justice.
History (encouraged): Okapi grew up within the city believing that the law as the best way to protect dragons. Although he was much more fortunate than fringe dragons, the hardship he witnessed made him want to make the world a better place.
Other:
Last edited by crowface on Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image crow - he/him - EST ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
crowface

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Adder - Sandwing

Postby Maniacal_Ferret » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:48 am

Picrew Image
Username: Maniacal_Ferret
Name: Adder
Species: Sandwing
Position: Chosen
Appearance (if no image): Large, young Sandwing male, More golds and deeper yellows, with black markings (Working on Image)
Cybernetics: Tail barb venom designed to act faster by injecting a deadlier dose of toxin right to the bloodstream that targets the heart, Heat resistance has been reduced as a side affect from when he was experimented on with a new technology for strategic thinking, they implanted something in his brain
Personality (fleshed out for those chosen): Adder is witty and sarcastic. He is also funny and easy going. He has an intense desire for approval from others, and he is very insecure. He is fiercely loyal and tends to think things through and plan ahead, but that might just be the brain implant ;-; He was not very smart before hand
History (encouraged): Adder never knew his parents. He was told that they were traitors and that they abandoned him when he was an egg. Growing up he was locked away and only heard whispers about something that he was going to be tested in. All Adder ever wanted to do was show these dragons how useful he was. When they took him in for testing he remembers a big room with lots of weird equipment and hoses, but he was knocked out a few moments after. Waking up with a splitting headache, all he could think about was how to escape, cataloging where the exits were, memorizing the path back to his cramped room, just things he had never thought to notice. Eventually he escaped by acting as though nothing was different and they threw him out onto the streets. He had to forge his own path from there.
Other: Heat resistance was lessened due to the brain implant and he got too cold while they were doing that. Also he refuses to use his tail and has crafted a sort of guard so that he doesn't accidentally prick someone.
Last edited by Maniacal_Ferret on Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maniacal_Ferret

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crowface » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:11 am

@Maniacal_Ferret Accepted!
ImageImageImage
crowface

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen of flames » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:51 am

This sounds interesting but how does that age thing go on dragons, I think 10+ is middle adult?!, I believe. Can there be kid dragons? Is there any list of those dragon species? I have seen other wings of fire roleplays with many species. I am not roleplayed dragons and I am not read those books either...
Queen of flames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AGGUA! » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:29 am

Queen of flames wrote:
This sounds interesting but how does that age thing go on dragons, I think 10+ is middle adult?!, I believe. Can there be kid dragons? Is there any list of those dragon species? I have seen other wings of fire roleplays with many species. I am not roleplayed dragons and I am not read those books either...

To be fully transparent, the age system is not explained well. 7 or 8 years is roughly when we think they hit adulthood, or the equivalent of 18 in human terms. And there absolutely can be dragonets if you would like to play one! We stick to the standard species system of mudwing, sandwing, skywing, seawing, icewing, nightwing, and rainwing. I personally am not super familiar with the other three (hive, silk, leaf) that you may have seen in other roleplays. But you don’t need to know much, if any book lore, to join here!
AGGUA!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crowface » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:41 am

Queen of flames wrote:

Hi! To add onto what Aggua was saying about ages, 10-20 years in our roleplay is within the human equivalent of mid twenties to mid 30s. For example, Leo being 11 is 24-25 in human maturity and Okapi is early 30s. Let us know if you have any other questions or need help deciding ages!
ImageImageImage
crowface

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ItsAsher0 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:50 am

[img]IMAGE-IF-YOU-HAVE-ONE[/img] (I only have him on paper 😭)
Username: ItsAsher0
Name: Noctis
Species: Icewing & Nightwing // Nightwing Dom.
Appearance (if no image): (I'll make an image, but for now:) dark sleek scales of a deep, grey blue and black markings. Subtle white and slightly blue markings along his neck and torso, forked blue tongue- a drastic difference to his overall dark stature- icewing frills and subtle Nightwing star-like markings. Eyes: bright blue, visible and even almost glowing during the black of night.
Cybernetics: Large metal-like retractable fangs that can easily dig through flesh and bone, Thermal iris implants that allow him to see regulated thermal temperatures in the days that pass by. His left arm's talons were replaced by metal ridges to cause more damage, and sometimes he was forced upon a muzzle to keep his argumentative habit in control.
Personality (fleshed out for those chosen): Arrogant, prideful, insolent, silent, and stubborn. Yet, normally his actions and personalities are caused by his insecurity and feeling fearful of losing his status. He believes being known as the arrogant and rude dragon could make him seem feared by others.
History (encouraged): His backstory was unknown, often fledged by himself as he was seemingly abandoned by his family. He used to be their favorite, always talking about him- Until one day, they just sought no use for him. Abandoning him when he was a dragonet, he was always arrogant and competitive due to the insecurity of never being enough for someone, even those he loves. He refuses to apologize for specific actions, Will argue on any given moment if bothered and isn't afraid to put up a fight. should I mention he has several scars?
Other: hope I did this right?

(How many characters are the max? Is my seawing-Nightwing hybrid Yokai allowed :0 // that is if noctis is accepted ^^)

𝐀𝐬𝐡𝟑𝐫 • BDAY 4/20
Wafflecats Art! <3 • PXL

𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘦𝘦.
𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘯'𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘮 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦

𝐀𝐬𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐃𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐀𝐫𝐭 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐇𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫 𝐀𝐧𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐕𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬
ItsAsher0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups