Welcome to The Crossroads (Discussion) (Open)

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Welcome to The Crossroads (Discussion) (Open)

Postby Demon God Caelan » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:56 am

You never expected this to happen, getting sucked and trapped in a computer program. But here you are, at The Crossroads. With no known way out, you don't understand why you're here, and it's making you a bit crazy. Not like anyone in this place seems all that sane. But now you're here, so you might as well make the best of it. You hear that there are daily parties held in one of the tents, so you go to see it, but it's not what you think. These 'parties' are more like board games on an extreme level, you traverse around what appear to be maps and play minigames with your life on the line, not that you can die, now that you're a digital being. And there's more to explore at the other tents, like go-kart racing and minigames, which are just as unorthodox and dangerous as the parties that are hosted. There's also a prize counter where you can trade tickets collected from your adventures for fabulous prizes. And no, you can't use your tickets to purchase a way out. Well, that's about it. Enjoy the insanity!
Last edited by Demon God Caelan on Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
text text text text text text text
click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules and Info

Postby Demon God Caelan » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:12 am

Rules

Making Your Character

So, in this RP, everyone is some sort of zany, cartoon looking character. No normal humans, once humans enter The Crossroads by putting on the headset, they are no longer a human. Designs are to be zany and random, as are names. I won't call this a rule persay, more of a preference. But for the most part, characters are meant to look like something out of a cartoon, but no humans. Names should also be a bit odd, but that's not required

Plot

Honestly, there is no central plot, it's all about having fun. The characters are humans that are now trapped in a digital world and all the stuff they do is purely for the sake of not going totally insane. There are plenty of things to do, hosting parties, racing go-karts, playing sports, catching and raising monsters, etc.

Franchise References

Despite the references to different franchises, this is not a fandom/multiverse RP, it's purely original. That being said, you can't make direct references to fandoms. So no Pokémon, no fandom characters, no direct references in general. You can make a vague reference in your design, but nothing too obvious.

4th Wall Breaks

This RP highly focuses on random comedy, and that includes 4th wall breaks. They are not only allowed, but they are also encouraged.

Suggestions

If you have a suggestion for something to add, be it a minigame, a prize at the prize corner, or anything else, shoot me a PM and I'll think about it. Don't post them here in the discussion, I don't want them getting lost.

Info

Details of The Crossroads

When a human first arrives in The Crossroads, they are understandably confused, but they also don't remember their names, and create a new one with the help of current residents. Sometimes they see things that aren't real, known as Digital Hallucinations, because of the process of being turned into digital lifeforms.

Immortality

Characters are essentially immortal, and can't be killed in any of the dangers that appear within The Crossroads, such as go-kart racing and taming the monsters that inhabit certain areas.

Seeing the Exit

There is word of seeing an exit door, but it disappears almost as quickly as you see them, and even if you are able to get into it, it'll eventually lead you out into The Void, which is a place where nobody knows what could possibly be out there. Rumors say that The Void is the exit, but nobody knows, since anyone who spends too much time in The Void typically ends up going somewhat insane.
Last edited by Demon God Caelan on Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Locations

Postby Demon God Caelan » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:05 am

Locations

Resident Tent

This is the tent where everyone's living quarters are. There are many doors with the faces of the character who lives in that room. This is also where everyone eats in the mess hall, even though they don't need to eat, sleep, or drink, it gives the residents a routine so they don't go completely insane.

Party Tent

The Party Tent is the main location that characters spend their time at. This is where the parties are hosted, but they aren't typical parties with things such as catering, dancing, music, etc. The parties held here are more akin to a board game, but with zany twists, such as players hiring ghosts to rob each other, gathering strange items for bonuses, and other zany twists to each party.

Arcade Tent and Prize Booth

In the Arcade Tent, you can spend time doing all sorts of things, such as racing go-karts, playing sports, and many other fun things. Of course, such things are often just as zany as the parties, such as throwing bananas on the go-kart track, a game of baseball with a ball that's on fire, and the likes. Within the Arcade Tent is the Prize Booth. When you participate in any activities in the Party or Arcade Tents, you earn tickets, which you can trade in at the Prize Booth for various items. Some people believe earning enough tickets will allow you to buy a way out of The Crossroads, but there is no such prize. Prizes mostly involve unlocking certain items for parties and the arcade, as well as decorations for your room at the Resident Tent.

Digital Park

In the Digital Park, you can go on roller coaster rides, play stereotypical carnival games, and cool off in the water park. Rides here cost tickets, with the bigger rides costing more tickets than the smaller rides. You can earn tickets at the games you can play here at the park, which can still be used at the Prize Booth.
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Games and Prize Booth

Postby Demon God Caelan » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:54 am

Games

Suggestions for games and prizes are accepted and appreciated.

Go-Kart Racing

Go-Kart Racing consists of whacky tracks that could never exist in real life, with loop-de-loops, obstacles and hazards on the track, and much more. There are a variety of power-ups that help you in the races, but many of them need to be purchased at the Prize Booth. The only two that don't need to be purchased are the Oil Spill Power-Up and the Nitro Power-Up. The Oil Spill Power-Up lets you throw a barrel of oil onto the track, which makes other racers spin out. The Nitro Power-Up lets you boost your speed.

Life-Size Pinball

In Life-Size Pinball, you are in a giant ball, which acts as the ball in a giant game of pinball. After being launched into the course, your goal is to earn as many points as possible before you fall through the bottom of the machine. The more points you earn, the more tickets you earn.

Prize Booth

Decorations

These prizes are meant to be placed in your room within the Resident Tent. Most of them don't do anything special, they just look cool, but there are some that have a purpose outside of just being for decoration.

Inverted Pyramid-25 Tickets
The Inverted Pyramid looks like a typical Egyptian pyramid, but upside down, with a small stand that it hovers over.

Rocket Lamp-30 Tickets
The Rocket Lamp looks like a lava lamp in the shape of a rocket. It also has a button that lets it launch like a rocket, only to magically return to its original position afterwards. The Rocket Lamp comes in a variety of colors, such as red, blue, green, black, pink, yellow, and many more.

Personalized Talking Door Knocker-150 Tickets
These special door knockers will replace the image of yourself on your room's door, and it takes the same appearance as said picture. Besides adding whimsy to your entryway, it can also serve as a practical security feature by announcing when someone is at the door.

Upside-Down Umbrella Chandelier-100 Tickets
A chandelier made from inverted colorful umbrellas hanging from the ceiling. The umbrellas, serving as lampshades, create a unique and vibrant lighting effect in any room.

Propeller Hat Ceiling Fan-75 Tickets
A ceiling fan designed like a giant colorful propeller hat, spinning above your room to circulate air and create a whimsical focal point. It's a fun and functional addition to any space.

Unlocks

Unlocks are what they say they are. If you buy an unlock, you'll gain access to different activities, or the ability to use different items or power-ups in some of the activities, such as speed boosts in go-kart racing, or extra lives in the life-sized pinball game.

Extra Ball in Life-Sized Pinball: 1st: 50, 2nd: 100, 3rd: 250, 4th: 500
In Life-Sized Pinball, you start with only one ball, otherwise called one life. By purchasing this item, you obtain more lives, reaching a maximum of five. Each consecutive ball you purchase will cost a few more tickets than the previous did.

Costumes

Pets
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Characters and Form

Postby Demon God Caelan » Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:51 pm

Characters

Veterans
(These residents have been in The Crossroads for at least five years
(9 out of 10 Spots Open)

Caelan-10 Years-Disembodied Mushroom Head Person-Male-Me

Newbies
(These residents have been in The Crossroads for less than five years)
Unlimited Spots

Form

Code: Select all
[center][size=200][b][u]Name Here[/u][/b][/size]

Description Here

[b][u]Name[/u][/b]
Answer Here

[b][u]Gender[/u][/b]
Answer Here

[b][u]Species[/u][/b]
Answer Here
(This is what your character resembles, remember, no humans)

[b][u]Age[/u][/b]
Answer Here
(This is how long you've been trapped in The Crossroads, not actual age)

[b][u]Personality[/u][/b]
Answer Here

[b][u]Unique Quirks[/u][/b]
Answer Here

[b][u]Likes[/u][/b]
Answer Here

[b][u]Dislikes[/u][/b]
Answer Here[/center]
Last edited by Demon God Caelan on Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

My Character

Postby Demon God Caelan » Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:59 pm

Caelan

Caelan's head consists of a mushroom that looks like a zombie, with a small propellor on top of his head, allowing him limited flight. His body consists of only a Dracula style cape with a collar, as well as two white gloves as his hands.

Name
Caelan

Species
Disembodied Mushroom Head

21: Real World Age

Personality
Caelan is a bit aloof and sarcastic, often not getting involved with the other characters in The Crossroads. While he can speak, he tends not to because nobody ever bothers to read the subtitles that magically appear underneath him, which clearly translates what he's saying, yet people think he's saying nothing but gibberish.

Unique Quirks
Speaks in backwards messages, but subtitles show up beneath him to translate

Eating ice cream, even though he doesn't need to eat
Annoying the other characters

Dislikes
People thinking that he talks in gibberish
Not having his ice cream
Guiding the newbies on how things work in The Crossroads
Last edited by Demon God Caelan on Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Welcome to The Crossroads (Discussion) (Open)

Postby Demon God Caelan » Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:05 am

To everyone who's been eyeing this topic waiting for it to open up, the RP is now open. I'll make the official RP once we have five members, including myself
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:26 pm

Bump
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:07 pm

Bump
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tavros. » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:20 am

this sounds really interesting!

The Fuzz
They're vaguely human-ish in shape, but they don't have any features and it's hard to tell where their body begins and ends. In their neutral state, all you see is blurry static shapes.

Name
The Fuzz / Fuzz

Species
Shadowy static entity

Personality
Surprisingly outgoing, for a being that's this hard to look at. They try to be where things are happening; if there's a party, or a race, or a competition happening, they'll be in the middle every time. They never seem particularly excited to win or bummed to lose, though. Maybe they just like to be involved.

Unique Quirks
They don't speak in words, but in pictures. The static blob that is their head reshapes and clarifies into various shapes and images to convey what they mean. It's not always easy to parse what they're saying, though.

Playing tour guide for newbies, talking to people, talking to peoples personalized talking doorknockers, giving and getting gifts, trying to find weaknesses in the Crossroads itself.

Dislikes
Eating food, watching people cringe just by looking at them, being alone (it gets weird).

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
VRISKA: What sort of hideous dimwitted 8aloney drivel are you spouting out your prattle socket this time?
TAVROS: wHAT i MEAN IS,
TAVROS: i *CONVINCED* THEM ALL TO JOIN ME, vRISKA,
TAVROS: uSING WORDS,
TAVROS: aND SMILES,
TAVROS: aND FRIENDSHIP, }:D

VRISKA: No...
TAVROS: nO?
VRISKA: NO........
TAVROS: bUT,
TAVROS: hAVE YOU CONSIDERED,
TAVROS: yES???
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
tavros.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me