The Midnight Island ~ discussion

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Re: The Midnight Island ~ discussion

Postby Consulting_Angel » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:52 am

Full Name: Xanthe Chicane.
Nickname: Xanthe.
Pronouns: They/Them.
Sexuality: Androsexual.
Species: 'Mothman'.
Powers/Abilities: Aside from more control over how others can see their 'true form', Xanthe can also 'see' into the future. Sort of. It's mostly vague visions that they have learnt to interpret, and only through another person's question - sort of like tarot reading without the cards.
Appearance: In their human form, Xanthe has very short, black hair that is shaved down, and their eyes are very dark brown - almost black in poor lighting. They are perhaps unnervingly tall, standing at 6'6", and holds a more rigid posture. Xanthe has a fairly muscular build as well, and keeps themselves well worked out, and has a medium-dark skin tone. They have a broader, yet defined jawline, and no particular markings or scars. They usually wear rather casual outfits in this form, with a 'signature' black leather jacket with the symbol of a large moth outline on the back of it. They also wear sunglasses often, since their eyes tend to return to their true form shape and colour, so they hide them from unsuspecting humans. Sometimes, they have giant moth wings that look like that of the Atlas Moth coming out of their back, which are different to the wings they have in their true form.
In their 'true form', Xanthe takes on the shape of a huge, moth-like humanoid with long antennae, big dark red eyes and large wings that easily span about 10 feet when outstretched. They also have human-like arm and leg appendages, the 'feet' being clawed. They are covered in dark brown 'fur', with the fur around where their neck would be longer, fluffier seeming, and a lighter shade of brown.

Personality: Xanthe is a somewhat laid back and confident person. Very few things seem to faze them, and they prefer to do their own thing. They try to be unpredictable, but this often turns into something that one would very much expect them to do... especially if that one happens to know Xanthe quite well. They might casually flirt with anyone, but will make it pretty clear that it's just for fun - they don't want to unintentionally string someone along - and will also back off sharpishly if the other person is uncomfortable. They are a very curious being as well, and like to investigate, explore and ask questions, sometimes getting to the point of being irritating, but they do mean well... most of the time.

Short Bio: Xanthe grew up in West Virginia, though they're not entirely sure how they came to be. A curse and amnesia? They don't know. What they do know is that they lived with a small family of powerful spellcasters, who were often working on some sort of spell, ritual or potion or another. It intrigued them, but were rather disappointed to find that they couldn't cast spells themselves... no, they had a different sort of ability. One that would let them turn into a giant, moth-like humanoid creature... and eventually lead to a group of four people seeing them one night. Despite this, Xanthe was taught a lot about medical knowledge and such by the family, and found themselves to quite the proficiency with it... but only while in human form.
Lights particularly intrigue Xanthe, as do humans - but they can be a little rough when it comes to dealing with both, even the human witches on the island. They like to chase cars for fun - though there's a distinct lack of cars on this island - and accidentally causes radio interference in their true form.

Other: N/A
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:52 am

Full Name: Adrian Valentine.
Nickname: Adrian.
Pronouns: He/Him.
Sexuality: Bisexual.
Species: Demon.
Powers/Abilities: Smoke manipulation and illusion creation - he can create and control smoke, being used to daze others and just reduce visibility and cause general confusion. He can also project illusions into the smoke, including visual, audio, and smell.
Appearance: He has black, brushed back hair with a purple and a red streak through it. His eyes are dark blue in colour, and have a slight prominent shape to them, and they glow a deep red when he uses his powers. He was quite tall, standing at 6'1'', with a somewhat lithe, though athletic, build. He holds himself with a rigid posture. He had a sharp, defined jawline, with well-set cheekbones. Adrian does not have any particular scars or markings, though his light olive skin tone has a slight purple tinge to it.
He often wears semi-formal outfits - black trousers, a red button up shirt and a denim sheepskin-lined jacket being a main one.

Personality: Adrian is perhaps a typical demon - or, at least, gives demons a bad name. He's temperamental, easily switching moods depending on how another person is interacting with him, though he is also extraverted and confident. There an air of smugness about him, and he is difficult to get along with. Still, he is powerful and rich, and makes for a very valuable ally to those that actually earn his favour. He can get easily jealous if the attention is focused on someone else, and is rather flirty, even if the other person is uncomfortable. He looks out only for himself, but he tends to pull through in a pinch - especially if it makes him look good.
However, a good shock to the system might be the thing he needs to look at reforming and getting a redemption arc.

Short Bio: Adrian was born a demon, and it has all he has ever known. His parents were rich and powerful demons themselves, and this sort of attitude of considering himself better than everyone else because of his power and money was definitely passed down to him from them. He frequently used his powers to make other demons and especially fallen angels disoriented and hurt.
Once he came up to Earth, about twenty years ago, he never intended to end up on the island, but once he did... well, since he wasn't meant to use his powers on humans, it was fine to use them on other creatures, right? And to his delight there are fallen angels that he especially likes to tease.

Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:53 am

Full Name: Fitzroy Nightingale.
Nickname: Fitzroy, Fitz.
Pronouns: He/Him.
Sexuality: Bisexual.
Species: Half-Elf, half-witch.
Powers/Abilities: Atmokinesis - Fitzroy can create a small storm and clouds in a specific area for a short length of time. This is only to the extent of forming clouds, thunder and lightning - the colour of the lightning unusually ranging from shades of green, to blues and purples.
Appearance: Fitz has mid-brown hair that is somewhat short, and while it is usually kept neat, often has a relentless tuft that sticks up. His eyes are a deep turquoise colour, and have a slightly prominent shape. He stands at about 6'0", with an athletic build, and he holds a rather formal posture. His skin is a dark medium tone, and he has a birthmark in the shape of a blotchy sun under his left ear that he hates and secretly covers up with concealer to try and hide it.
Fitz wears clothes that are very well made and likely expensive. His outfits usually border on something semi-formal, and it is rare to see him wear something more casual. He also requires glasses, but wears contact lenses instead. On the rare occasion he does wear glasses, the frames are slightly thick, with a tigereye coloured pattern.

Personality: Fitz is self-centred and vain. He will preen at himself in a mirror or any reflective surface, and if anything happens that could negatively affect him in any way, then he'll immediately make it all about him, no matter how small. He also adores attention, and will most certainly try to put the focus onto himself. He's also very focused on his own goals, with no regard to anyone else, but does value working hard rather than having everything handed to you. However, don't take this to mean Fitz is unfriendly or selfish towards others. In fact, given the chance to warm up to them, Fitz is a loyal and dedicated person. He's friendly and energetic, often willing to chat with others (even if just about himself). Fitz is also not exactly the brightest bulb, and stuff often goes right over his head - however, he's certainly not naive or easy to fool.

Short Bio: Fitz's was born to a elven father, but a witch mother. At first, it didn't seem like he'd inherit his mother's powers in any capacity, but when he turned 12, his powers began to manifest during a particularly bad storm - and thus discovering that he has atmokinetic powers. He accidentally caused a blackout in the town his family lived in, though over the years, his mother has taught and helped him to control his powers. Secretly, he kind of still hates them, scared that he'll lose control again and cause serious harm. In addition, his family are also rather wealthy, and have always been able to shower him in gifts and attention - particularly so because he is their only child, and they struggled to even have him.
He knows a lot of people only want to be friends with him because of his family's wealth, but he hopes to have some genuine friends despite this, especially as he's arrived at an island where no one will know him - a place where he's been for about six months now - though his dramatics have certainly not ceased.

Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:10 pm

@Consulting_Angel I'm so sorry for the wait, your characters are accepted!! Please feel free to roleplay whenever you'd like
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:36 pm

No worries, thank you!

Anyone open for one of my characters to tag their character/group? Or I can have their posts end open-ended for someone else to tag?
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:46 pm

Fitz could tag Luciana and Jess
If Melody doesn't mind, of course.

Or Adrian could tag Kellie, Light star and Shion, if Queen doesn't mind.
Might honestly have Kellie crush on Adrian since she's only two years older (in appearance. She's actually probably much younger than him.)
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:15 pm

If that's okay with the others then that works for me.
Xanthe I'll probably leave open-ended for the time being then.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soup5 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:05 pm

I think I’m going to remove myself from the rp.
The random inactivities kind of made me struggle to keep up with this character. I did try to be active, but I cannot say that my current energy has been on par with my old self.

@Spiritstar3 - It has been a pleasure rp with your character! Morgan is such a fun character with their broad knowledge of potions ('the big hand' was just Matsumura being a mean moment), and I love that you also gave William a few quirks (like the tail languages) so he is not a decoration for Morgan to be forgotten.
I do apology on the behalf of Matsumura that he is unable to fulfill Morgan's heart. I hope for this lovely deer fae that they will find another partner who is content and willing to commit to a long term relationship -- as well share plenty of heartfelt moments together as a baefriend.
Soup5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:51 pm

Sorry to see you go, Soup!

Also, I've just posted for my characters - I hope it's okay that Fitz and Adrian have joined a group. Xanthe is open at the moment, so feel free to tag them and see what they're up to.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:11 am

Consulting_Angel wrote:If that's okay with the others then that works for me.
Xanthe I'll probably leave open-ended for the time being then.

:thumbup:

Soup5 wrote:I think I’m going to remove myself from the rp.
The random inactivities kind of made me struggle to keep up with this character. I did try to be active, but I cannot say that my current energy has been on par with my old self.

@Spiritstar3 - It has been a pleasure rp with your character! Morgan is such a fun character with their broad knowledge of potions ('the big hand' was just Matsumura being a mean moment), and I love that you also gave William a few quirks (like the tail languages) so he is not a decoration for Morgan to be forgotten.
I do apology on the behalf of Matsumura that he is unable to fulfill Morgan's heart. I hope for this lovely deer fae that they will find another partner who is content and willing to commit to a long term relationship -- as well share plenty of heartfelt moments together as a baefriend.

Aw, I'm sorry you have to go.

Melody, I think I'm going to remove Morgan from the RP.
I kind of want to add another werewolf or something, so ill think on that.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me