EMPATHY (Scifi Multifandom) [Discussion thread]

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

EMPATHY (Scifi Multifandom) [Discussion thread]

Postby Alcidesune » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:43 am

Actual rp is over here
Feel free to make your own form, otherwise the basics that I need are:
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender/Pronouns:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Job:[/b]
[b]Fandom:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b](only necessary if you do not have an image on hand)

[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Abilities/Weapons:[/b]
Click the image to see the artists!

He/Him | Alc/Alcides
Connoisseur of the freaky and monstrous
Alcidesune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Phaedrux - Pyronite Ambassador

Postby Alcidesune » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:51 am

[image to be added]
    Name :: Phaedrux
    Gender/Pronouns :: Male (He/Him)
    Species :: Pyronite
    Job :: Ambassador
    Fandom :: Ben 10 (Classic)

Personality :: To put it simply, Phaedrux has a severe case of narcissism. Much of how he views things is filtered through an overinflated ego and a need to be the most important person in every situation: if it doesn't stroke his ego or benefit him in some way he's not interested. To fulfill this sense of self importance Phaedrux has become rather fond of the finer things and exotic fashions, anything to distinguish himself from those "lesser" than him. Of course, as an actor-turned-politician he's quite good at pretending otherwise. He has no qualms with playing nice and leading people along as long as it benefits him in the end. At the end of the day the only person he cares about is his own reflection.

Abilities/Weapons ::
    - Pyrokinesis :: As a species made of super-heated plasma, creating fire and heat come as naturally to Pyronites as breathing does to a human. In the interest of safely interacting with other species, they are all trained from childhood to have a precise control over flames. While not as proficient as some of the athletes on his homeworld, Phaedrux is still capable of manipulating the shape and heat of fire, be it to control his own temperature or create fiery displays. Like other Pyronites, his control is prone to breaking down the more worked up he gets. Which, unfortunately, lines up perfectly with the temperature spike Pyronites experience in the same situation. At their worst some Pyronites can become hot enough to melt rock and metal. Having worked as both an actor and a politician Phaedrux is a bit better at controlling his emotions and temperature than others.
Last edited by Alcidesune on Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alcidesune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Andrath - Andalite Security Officer

Postby Alcidesune » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:51 am

Name :: Andrath-Coullad-Arios
    Gender/Pronouns :: Male (He/Him)
    Species :: Andalite
    Job :: Security
    Fandom :: Animorphs

Appearance ::
    As an Andalite, Andrath looks much like the centaurs of Earth mythology, possessing a humanoid upper body attached at the waist to a horse-like lower body, roughly 4' at the withers and 8' at the top of the head. Despite having a horse-like shape he's ill suited for riding due the sharp downwards slope of his back, much like the slope seen on giraffes and bison. A resemblance to bison can also be found in the coarse coat of fur covering him from head to tail tip, thickest along his spine and forelegs. However, his coat's color is like nothing an Earth mammal could hope for: a dark navy blue along the dorsal region fades into a denim blue the closer it gets to the stomach, which then transitions into a creamy tan on the ventral side and inside of the limbs; powder blue okapi-like stripes cover the legs while sea blue tiger-like stripes run along the back and tail. Like all Andalites his tail is a long and whip like appendage similar to those of Diplodocus, roughly 3x the length of his body and culminating is a menacing blade. Yet despite all this, his upper half is where he truly starts to look alien. His general build is notably more toned than the average Andalite, being closer to a professional swimmer than more common distance runner build. Each of his arms ends in seven fingered, nail-less hands, slower and weaker than a human's in exchange for more dexterity. Going further up, his head seems to lack a mouth entirely with three slits in the center of the face presumably taking up the role of a nose. A pair of large, deer like ears protrude from the side of the head and are accented by a squared jawline and a pair of sharp cheekbones. Jutting from the brow-bone are a pair of eyes resting on independently swiveling stalks, much like the eyes of a conch or snail. Both these secondary eyes and his normal, human like eyes are the same cream color as his underbelly. Unlike the vast majority of Andalites, Andrath wears clothing, albeit for practical purposes rather than modesty. His lower body is covered in a Kevlar ballistic caparison (the skirt like garment on these horses, for the unfamiliar x) secured in place by a utility belt at the upper half's waist and a pair of green canvas motorcycle panniers on his lower half's waist. On his upper half he wears a chest rig and a worn tactical scarf. Several trinkets taken over the course of the Andalite-Yeerk war dangle from a necklace hidden underneath the scarf.

Personality ::
    Perhaps the first thing one would notice about Andrath is that he's a very paranoid man. 34 years with the military have taught him to never be seen unarmed, to check every building and room he enters, to fear spaces without cover, and to expect attack at any moment. It was not the military, however, that made him distrust others: being trans is harsh for Andalites, especially an Andalite warrior such as Andrath. With a forged backstory and body, Andrath has spent much of his life lying and keeping secrets, counting down the minutes until he would have to slip away and demorph. Even after lying became second nature to him it was still easier to simply keep people at a distance in the first place, preventing them from knowing enough to poke holes in his stories. As you can imagine, war has done nothing to help this issue. Quite the opposite: losing friends repeatedly has made him more withdrawn than before to protect himself from their "inevitable" death.

The second thing they would notice is his hair trigger temper. He snaps easily at minor comments and offenses that others may not even have noticed, seemingly frustrated or aggravated by nearly everything that happens in life. His near obsessive need for respect further aggravates this issue, especially given that this respect is almost never mutually shared, with Andrath's own attitude ranging from "merely" rude to outright aggressive. This goes double for those that Andalite culture considers "lesser", which is to say anything other than a fellow male Andalite warrior.

Abilities ::
    - Alien Physiology :: With their lower half having anatomy comparative to a horse, Andalites possess the same speed and strength one would expect. Additionally, they have two more hearts than a horse, allowing them a seemingly endless reserve of stamina.
    - Enhanced Eyesight :: Possessing a pair of stalk eyes on the top of their heads, Andalites are capable of a full 360 degrees of vision. The main eyes see the same spectrum as humans do while the stalk eyes see further into the UV and infrared ends of the spectrum.
    - Telepathy :: All Andalites are inherently capable of a telepathic form of communication known as thought speech. This speech is one way, only allowing the Andalite to speak to others, not to read thoughts. It can be either single target or broadcasted.
    - Morphing :: An Andalite's greatest weapon, the ability to shapeshift into any creature that they've acquired the DNA of. Acquiring DNA is as simple as touching the desired target. For better or worse, only information stored on a genetic level is maintained between morphs. This does have a major boon in that it can fix injuries, but is widely considered inconvenient due to its destruction of clothing, scars of honor, tattoos, and even necessary surgeries. More than inconvenient, however, is the time limit. If someone stays in a morph for more than two hours they become a nothlit - forever trapped in a body that isn't theirs. Andrath spends nearly every waking hour in morph and has thus nearly become a nothlit on several occasions. The morphs he's acquired so far are listed in their own section below.

Morphs ::
    Note: he cannot go from one morph directly to one morph from another, meaning to morph he'll have to leave his preferred body.
    - Andalite :: Deeply uncomfortable with the body he had been born with, the first morph that Andrath acquired was actually an Andalite. More specifically, he acquired his mother and his father and used the Frolis Maneuver - a process of merging two morphs - to create a new version of him. One that had been made right. Andrath spends practically all of his waking hours in this morph, leaving it only to reset the timer or to sleep. Thanks to an excellent sense of time he has yet to become a nothlit.
    - Kafit Bird :: The kafit bird is an exceptionally common morph among Andalite warriors - twelve wings and a razor sharp beak make it the best candidate for a flight capable morph out of the three bird species on the Andalite home world. Though deadly to the small animal life it spears on its beak, the kafit bird is ill suited to combat against anything larger than a dog, making its best use recon and relaxation.
    - Human :: Andrath's morph specifically is a man of about 6'4 with shoulders as broad as most doorways and the exaggerated musculature one would expect from a comic book. His face and head are both entirely smooth shaven, leaving a pair of bushy, permanently furrowed brows as his only remaining hair. Between his brows and jawline - so square it looks clenched - Andrath's morph possesses quite the resting rage face.

Weapons ::
    Note: to avoid blowing a hole in the station's hull the Shredder is locked out of all levels higher than three.
    - Shorm :: An Andalite's tail blade is the (second) greatest weapon they will ever carry. A well maintained shorm can be sharp enough to cleanly cleave a man in half and strong enough to do so with no damage to itself. In the hands of an experienced warrior the tail may move fast enough for a human to struggle to see it, let alone track its movements. Likening the tail to a "bullwhip with a knife on the end" would be a fair comparison, albeit one that would go unappreciated by any Andalite that heard it.
    - Shredder :: The standard weapon of the Andalite military. Many humans have compared them to the phasers from Star Trek. Each Shredder possesses a dial on the side ranging from 1 to 6 that changes the energy output of the beam. Level one delivers a light charge capable of stunning your average creature for several seconds; level three will knock out your average creature for several hours; and level six is powerful enough to blast a hole through ten feet of solid metal. As higher levels consume more energy they typically go unused in an effort to extend the life of the power cell. Andrath personally carries several extra power cells within his chest rig.
Last edited by Alcidesune on Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alcidesune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

3rd Char If I Make One

Postby Alcidesune » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:52 am

res
Alcidesune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

EMPATHY [Zon-V-4/6 Rynvit-2-8][Van]

Postby Zitface » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:23 pm

Name: Zon-V-4/6 Rynvit-2-8
Also goes by “Van”.
Gender/Pronouns: He/him
Species: Kepler Feloid
Job: Engineer/Technician
Specialty in thought-interfaces and related equipment.
Fandom:
The Cat From Outer Space [1978]
Appearance:
Personality:
Brash, Handy, Dry

Irreverent and often insubordinate, Van is a blatant example of how the necessity of a talent can bring good things into the life of even the most passive fainéant. Van’s only goal in life is to pass the days in either the easiest way possible, if not the more interesting way possible, and his selected career is only a means to that end. A convenient perk of being totally boneless is that ability to adapt to any box you're shoved in, which is as much true for Van's adaptability.

Abilities/Weapons:
Collar
Sophisticated piece of thought-interface equipment. Without it, Van is all but mute and lacks his ability to interface with anything the average cat couldn’t.
-Telepathy [Thought-speech]
Maximum range of 20 feet, unaffected by language.
-Telekinesis
Maximum range of 6 feet. Can lift a maximum of 250 pounds, but heavier objects will reduce his telekinetic agility and stamina. While he is capable of it, Van is not a fan of heavy lifting and doesn’t frequently push his limits.

Feline Physique
-About the same size as an oriental shorthair cat. Lacks an anchored collarbone and can consequently fit through spaces his head can fit through.
-Fully clawed feet, claws rarely used.
-Two opposable thumbs on the inner sides of all four feet.
-Van is extremely out of shape, with low muscular tone and an overly fatty and pendulous "primordial pouch", or "flab slab". His spine sags some due to overly elastic tendons from poor exercise and diet as a youngling and is permanent outside of invasive surgery. His spinal sag affects his speed and stamina and too much sprinting or long distance walks makes his back ache.
Last edited by Zitface on Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zitface

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: EMPATHY (Scifi Multifandom) [Discussion thread]

Postby Alcidesune » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:49 pm

Accepted, I'll edit him in

He/Him | Alc/Alcides
Alcidesune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zerocalories » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:30 pm

res.

zerocalories

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:19 am

Name: Raleigh Carter
    Alias: Kanohi
    Fandom: Shadowrun
    Occupation: Officially she works at a secondhand electronics shop specializing in Sixth World imports, but said shop is actually a Triad front, and she generally spends most of her time doing what she usually does for a living.

Appearance: A tall, thin elf, with a runner's physique and a rogue's smile. The curtain of hair that hangs past her shoulders changes color on the regular, currently it's a light green. Her pale skin bears a plethora of scars, old wounds stitched up by less-than-reputable doctors. Her normal outfit consists of cargo pants and a tank top, muted colors to help her blend in, with a pair of black combat boots she takes pride in maintaining and a hooded scarf to hide her face. She keeps her deck slung around her back, and has pouches of varying sizes clipped to her belt.

Personality: Kanohi likes to act like she's a tough-talking, merciless criminal, the kind of person who'd work for a Hong Kong triad, but she's really just a big softie. She'll go after corps and CEOs like no tomorrow, but her unwillingness to screw over the little guy, coupled with a sense of humor that's equal parts questionable and poorly timed make her job much harder than it usually needs to be, and generally means she gets a lot of cheap takeout. Don't be fooled by her jovial exterior, though, she's still a hardened shadowrunner, and she has the skills and training to back it up.

Backstory/history: Kanohi grew up in one of the rougher parts of Seattle, and that's saying something. Like most of the have-nots in the United Canadian-American States, she very quickly found herself on the wrong side of the law, joining up with what at that point was the Yellow Lotus triad. Under them, she was relocated to Hong Kong, right in time for the Triad's eastern presence to be almost completely wiped out by the Red Dragon triad. She managed to survive the gang war relatively unscathed, and was quickly absorbed into the Ten Thousand Lions. She'd already made a name for herself in Seattle, but in Hong Kong she quickly established herself as one of the best shadowrunners in the business. She could take on almost any job and produce at least decent results, although she tended to stay away from the more shady operations. A runner with a conscience is a rare thing to see, but her skills are more than enough for most clients to tolerate it.

Weapons, powers, abilities ect:
      -Cyberdeck: A powerful portable computer that acts as an extension of Kanohi's integrated datajack, allowing her to interface directly with most computer systems and upload her own (usually malicious)code. It lets her get into a lot of places she otherwise wouldn't, but it's not without risk. The firewalls and safeguards set up around most networks can affect her physical body if she's not careful, with effects ranging from simply unpleasant to outright fatal. While most modern decks look like slightly bulkier computer tablets, Kanohi's still retains the old-school physical keyboard look.
      -Drones: Yanggu and Yanling, a pair of robotic drones Kanohi can interface with and control mentally. Yanggu is a ground-based combat drone, sporting a heavy LMG and thick armor plating, and Yanling is an aerial support drone, equipped with medkits and grenades. She can control these drones like they're extensions of her body, but she's also susceptible to debilitating dump shock should either be destroyed.
      -Cyberware: Kanohi's body is heavily modified in a variety of ways. Most notably, her left arm and right leg have been replaced with cybernetic prostheses, and her left eye has been augmented with a reflected-laser targeting system, allowing her to paint targets for her drones. Her right arm is still mostly flesh, save for a magnetic repulsor integrated into her wrist that allows her to catch and throw back incoming grenades. Her nervous system has been inlaid with circutry that improves her interface with her drones and her deck, and she has a monofilament whip concealed in her left index finger, for when she absolutely has to fight for herself.

Other items: A credstick, a chip with copies of various bits of data she's stolen(Just in case), and a shamanic totem, given to her by a friend. She can't actually use it, what little magical talent she had got sucked out by the cyberware, but it's a nice memento.
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alcidesune » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:08 am

Accepted!

He/Him | Alc/Alcides
Alcidesune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rosechevron » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:59 am

Name: Elektra
Gender/Pronouns: Female, she/her
Species: Conductoid (Feedback's species)
Job: Electrician
Fandom: Ben 10 (Classic/Omniverse)

Appearance:
She has a lanky black body with two long antennae at the top of her head. The antennae and her tail both end in a plug shape, which can be used to extract or input electric energy. She has one large, blue eye at the top of her face. She has two long arms with four fingers on each hand. The fingers end in metallic ports that can absorb and shoot electricity. Elektra has four bolts on her body: one on both elbows and one on both hips.

Personality:
Elektra is rather shy, but can talk for hours about electricity. She loves her job, even though it can be draining to her. When she's not doing her job, she feels somewhat useless. She would like to make friends, but she hasn't really talked to many people on the Empathy. In fact, she doesn't really remember how she got there to begin with. One moment she was asleep on Teslavorr Nebula, and the next she was on the Empathy--and clocked in for work.

Abilities/Weapons:
Elektra can absorb and redirect energy through the plugs on her antennae, fingers and/or tail. She has good agility and can jump high and far. By jumping and shooting electricity behind her, Elektra can fly for short distances. Electric and energy based attacks are very ineffective on Conductiods. Finally, she has above average strength, and can extend her antennae for greater range.

Weaknesses:
Running out of energy/having to recharge, and antennae can get tangled or stepped on.
rosechevron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me