The Renaissance Town Discussion open

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

The Renaissance Town Discussion open

Postby FoggyMeadows » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:33 am

Renaissance Days

You are just a normal person living in 2021 with cars, heating, technology and just everything comfortable. As you go to bed in your bed you feel a strange entity.. energy?? Something you never felt before but you just think its in your head and you go to bed. The next morning you wake up noticing that you aren't in your comfy bed. You jolt up noticing you aren't even in your bedroom, you are laying on the ground. You look around seeing a bunch of strangers also on the ground looking just as confused as you are. As you keep looking around you notice a king looking man come out of the big castle like building that's in front of you.

Hello and welcome to my town! Im Alexander and I own this renaissance town. You were all picked to be placed here and work in this town. In my hand I hold letters with your name, Come up once called."

Alexander then begins the call everyone's name and once all the letters given you can open them. Once opened you see

Dear: (your name)
Welcome to this beautiful town here you will stay
Your new job: (what you picked)
Your Class: (depends on your job)
Your home: (depends on your class)

You are then to go to your home and get comfortable because the next day starts the production of this town.
Last edited by FoggyMeadows on Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Meadow~They/Them~

Fairy/witch

gamer
Hairstylist
Artist
FoggyMeadows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Renaissance Town Discussion (WIP)

Postby FoggyMeadows » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:36 am

Basic RP Rules

This rp is lgbtq+ friendly so your character can be whatever sexuality and it WILL be accepted in the town
Men DO NOT have control over the females in this rp everyone is equal!
♥ Must be active if you don't post in a week you will get kicked out UNLESS you pm me explaining why you cant be on, you character will then just be sent on an adventure and when you get back I will pm you updating you on what happened
♥No swearing (unless allowed by cs rules)
♥Long descriptive post- minimum is one paragraph-so others have stuff to work with
♥On the main forum pls turn off your signature
♥Character must be 20 years and older
♥every character must learn how to write with actual ink
♥Pm me to res a job
♥Homes will be given out randomly but if characters marry they can request a home together
Town Rules
♥Must go to church
♥Must be always wearing your given clothes( or ones you buy)
♥Stealing in any capacity is against the law
♥No Murdering/ Killing, attempted murder will account for murder
♥ Any type of Assault is against the law
♥Can not get a new housemate unless in a relationship and take it to court
♥ Curfew is at Sundown
♥ Pets are allowed (im letting the characters pets they had in the real world teleport to the town with them)
♥Death penalty is not a thing here
♥Adultery is against the laws
♥ Animal Neglect is against the law
(Will add more as things go on)

Currency

Currency
Some Jobs might have more than others.
Currency: gold, silver, and billon (silver mixed with a base metal such as copper). Most small transactions in the marketplace involved billon, while people paid rents and made large purchases in silver. Merchants and businessmen used gold coins for large international transactions.
Middle class: each day you will recieve 10 billions (from the town itself), at the end of the week you will get 3 silver
Lower: you will receive 5 billions at the end of each day and at the end of the week you will receive 1 silver
All middle class will start with 100 billions and 20 silver
All lower class will start with 45 billions and 8 silver

Any money you get by selling items you can keep, At the end of each day (up to me) I will post saying how many customers you got -random mcps that come buy- if you are a store front
Farmers will get 7 billions a day to help with the farm animals and crops
Caregivers/maids can get more depending on their employer, if the employer wants to give them a bit more money (of their own) they can!
If judge is needed they will earn 1 silver per court case
Please keep track of how much currency you have!!! Please dont cheat and give yourself money that you didn't earn
Ill try to keep track on a google doc but it might not be accurate.
Main
Admins♥
♥Kalo
Last edited by FoggyMeadows on Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:39 am, edited 15 times in total.
Meadow~They/Them~

Fairy/witch

gamer
Hairstylist
Artist
FoggyMeadows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FoggyMeadows » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:44 am

Jobs

Middle Class
BlackSmith: Diana
Apothecarist: Charlotte
Butcher: Apollo
Scribe: Libby
Merchant: blaise
Bakers: Avin, Owen
Cooks: res,
Jail Warden: Open
Sheriff: Scott
Judge: Open
Lower Class
Farmer: Open
Coal Miner:Alec
Fisher: Open
Hunter: Athena,
Caregiver: Jessi,
Cleaners/Maids: Open

Homes

Middle class:
Home1 Diana
Home2; Charlotte, Scott
Home3: Avin-S, Owen
Home4

Lower:
Home1:Jessie
Home2: Alec
Home3
Home4

More houses will be add when needed

[/center]
Some Jobs can have more than one so just let me know if you are interested in a job that already has a worker.
Once you select a job I will pm you the rules and guidelines of having that job.
Example: What your character should do in a day when at work
If a merchant say what you sell!

More will be added soon if you want a certain job but don't see it pm me
Merchants
here are some ideas for what you can make and sell shoes, clothes, candles
Character Sheet
♥You can make up your own outline- must have everything in my outline
    Name:
    Outfit (match role):
    Class(must fit role):
    Hobbies:
    Strengths:
    Weakness:
Your characters personality does not have to be what your job is! if you want you character to get a job they dont like or arent good at you can! Or your character can like painting and be a painter. Up to you :)
No tattoos or piercings allowed on characters
You can not start role-paying unless I accept your forum, you will know because I will send you the letter the king gives out!
Please come up with the names of your shops!- must be approved by me or kalo !
Last edited by FoggyMeadows on Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:03 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Meadow~They/Them~

Fairy/witch

gamer
Hairstylist
Artist
FoggyMeadows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FoggyMeadows » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:40 pm

If you are a caregiver or maid or someone that needs other to employee them
You must have a post asking for a job, This will act as a resume and so the middle/upper class can hire you.
Post in discussion and make it look like an ad.
This will be mentioned in the act roleplay as a paper ad post around the town for others to see
Maids are meant for storekeeps to help keep up how the stores look or to help clean your house if you arent home often!
Caregivers are made for helping raise the children of the town (once kids are a thing) or help with the elders (if any)
If anyone has a horse or other pets caregivers can also help with that!
Last edited by FoggyMeadows on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Meadow~They/Them~

Fairy/witch

gamer
Hairstylist
Artist
FoggyMeadows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Renaissance Town Discussion open (WIP)

Postby FoggyMeadows » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:23 pm

Charlotte
Name: Charlotte Rosemary Smith
Hair color: ginger
Eye color: green
Height: 5'3
Weight: 125
Sexuality: Pansexual
Relationship status: Was taken in the modern world but now counts herself as single in the town
Job: Apothecarist
Class: Middle
Pets: Two cats, Femal : Desdemona and Male: Fernando -fern for short- (they are my actual cats ill get photos in a bit)
Outfit
Hobbies: Drawing, taking walks, collecting different types of rocks
Likes: playing in water, apples, being social , dancing and cats
Dislikes: Feeling dirty, cooking meats, being alone for too long
Strengths: Talking to people, selling items, drawing and writing neatly
Weakness: cooking meat properly, carrying heavy items, staying quiet when needed
More info
Charlotte has a very dreamy soft spoken voice that can put anyone at ease. She is usually running around doing all different type of things at once forgetting what she was just doing . She is the middle child from a happy family growing up. She still sees all of her family members and is very close to every single one, she is also an aunt of 5 kids. So in this new town she feels a bit lonely now that she can’t see her family. You’ll find her writing letters to her family and putting it away in a box hoping no one can see. Whenever it rains you’ll see her outside dancing in the puddles the rain has created barefoot, she will definitely ask you to join her.

Last edited by FoggyMeadows on Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:11 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Meadow~They/Them~

Fairy/witch

gamer
Hairstylist
Artist
FoggyMeadows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Renaissance Town // xx

Postby kalo. » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:50 pm

───────────────────
    name diana elden
    age twenty-six
    gender cisfem she/her
    sexuality homosex/rom
    class middle class
    role the blacksmith

height five nine
    build broad, muscular
    skin warm tan
    mods beauty mark l eye
    hair warm brown, tied up
    eyes dull gray
    ───────────────────
    x
    x
    diana is a reserved individual. xxxxxxxshe rarely talks about herself unless it's about her skills in the
    blacksmith department. xxxshe doesn't find any joy in talking about herself and chooses to keep the
    conversation elsewhere. xxxshe's also blunt. diana will tell you her honest opinion on anything if she
    feels like it. xxlshe isn't one to beat around the bush. why should she? there isn't enough time in the
    day to do so. she's a very efficient and work-centered person.x she doesn't give herself time to relax
    unless she's finished all of her work for the day. or even the week. having been raised in a household
    where any sort of goofing off wasn't tolerated. xxxxxlshe doesn't mind though, it's made her a strong
    individual. and that's all she wanted in life. to be strong and inspire others. <3
Last edited by kalo. on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kalo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Renaissance Town Discussion open

Postby Spiritstar3 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:08 pm

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/phot ... /524880134

(Curly long ginger hair, brown eyes, glasses)
Name:
Jessie Rob
Job/role:
Caregiver
Animal caregiver
outfit
Class:
Lower
Hobbies:
Reading, drawing, writing, playing with her dogs, now that she’s here: caring for animals, getting exercise, telling stories
Animals, boys and girls, kids, books, stories, art, having fun, being around others usually, cuddles (on her own terms), her family
Dislikes:
Bullies, jerks, gold diggers, people that flaunt their wealth, snobs, terrible people, conflict, pain, bad things happening, animals and kids in pain
Strengths:
Animals like her, drawing, reading, writing, kids seem to like her, swimming, story telling
Weakness:
Kids (they’re too cute), animals, shyness, nervousness, anxiety, food (she loves food), fear of thunder, phobia of bees, can’t tolerate certain levels of pain
Other:
She’s demi, so she has to make a lot of friends and bond and then can fall in love with one. She’s also single in both worlds. She’s a sweet, gentle, kind, caring, usually happy, artistic, story telling, cuddly, playful, animal and child loving girl. She’s stubborn, hard headed, sometimes fiery, wild and loud at times, too talkative sometimes, withdrawn if upset, shy, nervous, anxious, despises bees, doesn’t like loud sounds or sudden movements, and head shy.

https://www.shutterstock.com/image-phot ... -621697457

(Short black hair and glasses)
Name:
Avin Chen
Job/role:
Baker
Outfit:
A few layers of loose clothes that are white bottoms and a blue top with an apron on top. On the head there is a cloth hood to cover the hair.
Class:
Middle
Hobbies:
Baking, reading, writing, playing with animals, helping people, playing with kids, dancing and singing when he’s by himself
Animals, kids, guys, food, baking, books, writing, being helpful, music
Dislikes:
Bullies, bad people, people flaunting their money, people being jerks, animals and kids being harmed.
Strengths:
Baking, reading, writing, animals and kids like him, dancing and singing actually
Weakness:
Kids and animals (they’re too cute), food, shy, afraid of thunder…
Other:
Starlight Bakery is the name of the Bakery (if that’s allowed)
He’s a sweet, gentle, kind, caring, loyal, honest, playful, trustworthy, helpful, happy, lucky, cuddly, animal and child liking, book liking guy. He’s also stubborn, wild and loud at times, afraid of thunder, withdrawn when upset, and despises Brussels sprouts.
He’s homosexual and single.
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:12 pm

Okay, so I've never written a job searching as or anything, so how should I do it?

Edit:

looking for a job
My name is Jessie Rob, and I'm looking for a job caring for animals.
I'm good with animals, and animals like me a lot. I'm especially good with horses and dogs, and even cats.
Kids seem to like me too, if you need a break from your kids and want to send them out to watch me.
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FoggyMeadows » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:19 pm

Spiritstar3 wrote:(Jessie is done, so reserving this post for her 'ad')

Okay, so I've never written a job searching as or anything, so how should I do it?

Have you ever seen an ad for like tutors? Basically just put her name and what type of job she is looking for and what she is good at
example
Meadow~They/Them~

Fairy/witch

gamer
Hairstylist
Artist
FoggyMeadows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:26 pm

FoggyMeadows wrote:
Spiritstar3 wrote:(Jessie is done, so reserving this post for her 'ad')

Have you ever seen an ad for like tutors? Basically just put her name and what type of job she is looking for and what she is good at
example

I actually haven't, but I looked at the Pinterest stuff.

Edited it in if you want to check it and tell me if I need to edit anything. I actually added a bit about the kids too, but I should probably take that out.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me