Small Town Secret discussion thread and forms

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Small Town Secret discussion thread and forms

Postby lilac sky » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:07 am

Post forms here, discuss plot ideas, the plot, drama, make friends. Most of all, have fun!!

Main Thread
Last edited by lilac sky on Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lilac sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Small Town Secret discussion thread and forms

Postby lilac sky » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:15 pm

name - Salem Holland

age - 17

gender - Female

power - manipulation of anything metal

personality - Salem is honest and straightforward. People often call her mean, but she doesn’t see herself that way. Honesty is important to her, and she’s rather be told the truth than a lie, so she gives the same energy she wants to receive. She’s also quite short tempered, and snaps easily. She doesn’t mean to, but she can’t help it anymore. She used to be sweet and kind, but as life went on wore on her, and she changed. Now she’s stuck in a cycle of trying to be kind but failing a lot of the time, and that causes a lot of guilt that builds up, causing more anger. She’s trying, but life gets her down.

history - Salem grew up in a family of 6, which has since split up. She has a history of bad relationships and because of this she refuses to date anyone anymore. When tragedy struck her family she was left to raise her little brother while her parents dealt with their own depression, and in turn her grandma raised her. When her grandma passed a year ago, it hit her hard, and she’s still dealing with that depression, and buries her problems instead of having them.

appearance - Salem has short brown hair and gray eyes. She is 5’3 and has an athletic build. Her eyes have constant dark circles, which she hates but has given up trying to conceal. She also has a large scar down her left cheek from an incident with a piece of metal.

sexuality - bisexual

relationship- none
Last edited by lilac sky on Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
lilac sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Cas and Thaddeus

Postby selasphorys » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:12 pm

❝𝗜 𝗡𝗘𝗘𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗢𝗜𝗡𝗚, 𝗡𝗘𝗘𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗔𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗛
ll𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗜𝗥𝗦 𝗧𝗢 𝗪𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗦 𝗖𝗢𝗟𝗟𝗔𝗣𝗦𝗘 ━━━━━━━━

x
x
x
x
x
x
Eyes: Black
Hair: Dark cinnamon (naturally black)
Height: 5' 9"
Complexion: Olive
Songs: Fleurie - Explosions of Grandeur
Sleeping at Last - Five
xxxxxxxxx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
Name: Cassia Yip, “Cas”
Power: Toxin Immunity
Orientation: Gray ace/aro
Crush: Open
xxxxxxxxx

xxxxxx𝗜 𝗡𝗘𝗘𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗧𝗥𝗨𝗧𝗛 𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗕𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗠 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗔𝗩𝗘𝗦 𝗢𝗙 𝗜𝗡𝗙𝗜𝗟𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡
━━━━━━━━━ 𝗜 𝗡𝗘𝗘𝗗 𝗔𝗡 𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗪𝗘𝗥, 𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗨𝗚𝗛𝗧 𝗜 𝗛𝗔𝗗 𝗢𝗡𝗘.❞
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fc: Cheng Guo

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
━━━ [Power]
Cas has immunity to almost all toxicants. She is immune to the effects of mutagenic compounds, neurotoxins,
mitochondrial toxins, pollutants, heavy metals, and much more. This ability is almost useless in a fight since
they can't attack anyone with it, but the upside is they can't feel the effects of any chemical unless they want
that effect. For example, she won't be knocked out by a govt agent's tranquilizers, but she will sleep if she takes
sleep aids for her insomnia. They can also extend their immunity to people in close proximity to them, though
they have not figured out that they can do this yet. Cas still does not know they have any powers since no one
goes near poisons often. For all she (and anyone else) can tell, she's just a regular human. She can blend in very
well. Her ability has helped her survive acute exposure to the unknown govt substance during her investigations.
In the future, she may be able to carry toxins as weapons if she can find any. She'd be reluctant to use them.

━━━ [Appearance]
Cassia carries herself with a certain vivacity that's difficult to ignore. Fairly tall at 5' 9", she has a willowy build.
Though they're not very athletic, they have some strength from their fondness for climbing and hiking. She dyed
her short-cropped hair dark cinnamon as an nod to her name (cassia is a type of cinnamon), but she'd go for
unnatural colors if she didn't have college interviews soon. Her fashion sense is as eclectic as her interests. They
usually prefer vibrant colors, comfy clothing with themes of space, cats, and florals. They can't pass up a graphic
tee with a dumb science pun. On other days they like to wear sleek, professional attire with more neutral tones.

━━━ [Personality]
First and foremost, Cas is an investigator. Once a question has caught their attention, they will not give up in
pursuit of an answer. From the cosmos to the microcosmos, and everything inbetween, she intends to explore it
all. If she gets fixated on an important issue, she doesn't care what gets between her and the truth. Which might
not be the safest move in a town full of secrets. She has a blatant disregard for authority, though she can put on a
"teacher's pet" persona to fool adults. She's already raising her hand in class, so it's really not a hard trick to pull
off. They're not afraid to speak up or reach out in any circumstance. Frankly, they don't give a damn what anyone
thinks. But she's not so intense in her daily interactions. Usually talkative and bright, if not a bit odd, Cas just
tries to have a good time. They want to help out others when they can, make their town a better place.

━━━ [History]
Cas is Cantonese-American, with her grandparents coming to America from Hongkong when her parents were young.
Her parents met in college and settled down in this town for her father's forestry job. Her dad was a forest ranger
while her mom was a math teacher at the town's middle school. Cassia was named after her mom's favorite spice
and her dad's favorite tree. Though she always felt Cas suited her better, she still uses Cassia since it's an important
part of her heritage. Her dad used to take her on forest hikes, but he suddenly fell ill and died when she was 5. Her
mom forbade her from going back to the forest, and as a kid Cas couldn't help thinking it had something to do with
the blackened plants they saw once on the trail. Cassia had a firm respect for her single mother, who worked so
hard to support them. But that didn't stop Cas from climbing down the tree outside her apartment window to sneak
out to the woods. As she grew older she began taking detailed notes on the mysterious chemical's effects on the
ecosystem. She was convinced that her dad had died from exposure to this chemical, and she had to protect the
rest of her town from this public health emergency. She even wanted to alert the govt and turn this place into a
Superfund site. But it was then that her mom found out. They had a talk. Her dad had done just that before he died.
Perhaps his death had to do with getting too close to the toxic site, but her mom suspected foul play was involved.
She couldn't lose her child to this too. Now cautious but not defeated, Cas focuses on their classwork so they can
study environmental toxicology in college. They're still keeping an eye open for any more of the chemical's effects.
Something has to be up. On a recent hike they were bitten by a copperhead, a venomous snake. Despite some pain,
they suffered no ill effects. That chemical must be involved, and they intend to find out how. And why.

[Basic Personality]
(+) incisive,
problem solver,
outgoing,
protective
(n) quirky,
highly curious,
independent
(-) nosy, blunt,
reckless,
overzealous

[Relations]
Salem Holland:
Childhood friends
torn apart by Cas's
insistence on finding
out Salem's secret.
Tensions are rising.
Rosary Finch:
These two nerds are
study buddies! Cas
tends to show more
of her supportive
side around Rosie.
Name:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Name:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Name:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Name:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx

Fc: Gerran Howell
❝𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘 𝗜𝗦 𝗔 𝗦𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗠
ll𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗜❜𝗠 𝗖𝗔𝗨𝗚𝗛𝗧 𝗨𝗣 𝗜𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗜𝗗𝗗𝗟𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗜𝗧 𝗔𝗟𝗟 ━━━━━━━

x
x
x
x
x
x
Name: Thaddeus Foley, “Tad”
Power: Water Manipulation
Orientation: Demisexual/rom
Crush: Open
xxxxxxxxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
Eyes: Pale blue
Hair: Auburn
Height: 5' 7"
Complexion: Pale, freckled
Songs: Dean Lewis - Waves
Jaymes Young - Stone
xxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxx𝗪𝗘 𝗪𝗔𝗧𝗖𝗛 𝗔𝗦 𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗚 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦 𝗙𝗔𝗗𝗘
━━━━━━━━━ 𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗢 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗟𝗢𝗢𝗗, 𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗢 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗟𝗢𝗢𝗗.❞

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
━━━ [Power]
Thaddeus has the power to manipulate water, but it's not as cool as it sounds. He started off with what he thought
were just sweaty hands in his preteens. More of a hindrance than a power, really. But now he's able to shoot water
from his hands, as well as take in water using them. With practice, he will also be able to move water with his
mind. He does not need a water source nearby to use his ability, but he may become dehydrated with overuse. An
interesting side effect of his ability is its effect on his emotions. The boy has always found solace by going to the
river. Being around large bodies of water almost instantly dulls his emotional pain. The stronger his power grows,
the more numb and cold he becomes. His personality could shift significantly with time.

━━━ [Appearance]
Thaddeus is just an average kid. Standing at 5’ 7”, he isn’t particularly tall although he is rather lanky and long
limbed. Auburn curls make a mop atop his freckled head, looking almost red in contrast with his watery blue eyes.
His hands have become deft after years of rock-collecting, but they're strangely soft from near-constant hydration.
Usually dressed in casual attire, Tad doesn’t care too much about his appearance. The faded look of his clothes
only adds to his washed-out appearance. He isn't the kind of person that stands out from a crowd.

━━━ [Personality]
If you asked him, even he wouldn't know how to express who he is. A quiet, soft spoken boy, Thaddeus doesn't make
much of an impression. He just tries to get through the day, carried along wherever life takes him. Average grades,
average aspirations. He accepts his mediocrity. This whole "having powers" thing was probably the most interesting
thing to ever happen to him. It only made him more withdrawn and nervous. His emotions easily overwhelm him.
Thaddeus has some difficulty opening up to others, but he's cheery and supportive around his few close friends. With
an air of innocence, this goodhearted teen may sometimes appear a bit childish or naive. He wants nothing more than
to keep those he loves safe and happy. While he usually goes by Thaddeus, his friends call him Tad. Of course, this led
to a lot of "he's just a tad" comments from his bullies. He might appear weak-willed, but Tad can be very protective
of his loved ones. He's an incredibly loyal friend you can rely on, who'll listen to your troubles and carry your burden
for you. Tad is quite sensitive to emotions, but he struggles to say the right thing. Without strong opinions or agency,
he often finds himself as a peacekeeper. He prefers to stay out of conflicts and soothe tensions, avoiding violence.

━━━ [History]
Tad's family has lived in this same Missouri town for generations. His parents and grandparents raised him, though he
didn't play with other kids much since he had no siblings or nearby cousins. His childhood memories were of golden
afternoons spent by the river with his family. He developed a love for collecting rounded river stones, delighting in
their wonderful colors. Worn smooth by the water, the stones provided a sort of calming stability. He took them with
him to school, but other kids didn't care too much for them. Tad struggled to make friends. He was bullied for his
clumsiness and nervousness. No matter how hard he worked on his assignments, he netted average grades. Later
he just accepted being nothing special. His turbulent home life just made him more quiet. After his grandparents
passed during his preteen years, his parents began to argue more and more. Thaddeus found himself taking the role
of peacemaker, going from parent to parent pleading with them to calm down. The worst part was he always felt
that their pain was because of him. They refused to divorce for his sake. While at the river to escape for a few hours,
he realized he could pull in a stream of water with his hands, then send it out. And he suddenly felt so much calmer
for a few moments... until the terror set in. Afraid that someone would find out, he hardly ever practices his ability.
He kept it secret from his parents since they had enough to stress about. Didn't want them to know their kid was a
freak of nature too. He keeps hiding himself, wanting nothing more than normalcy.

[Basic Personality]
(+) selfless,
peacemaker,
undyingly loyal,
kindhearted,
attuned to emotions
(n) careful,
quiet, innocent
(-) passive,
unambitious,
clumsy, anxious,
gullible

[Relations]
Sage Decker:
An inseparable pair
since elementary,
almost like brothers.
They've supported
each other through
all their struggles.
Teneca Rosebud:
Teneca is a guardian
of sorts for Tad. He
protects him from
his bullies, while
Tad offers his quiet
support. They're
good school friends.
Cooper Eaton:
One of the few
older high schoolers
Tad always smiles
to see. A friend.
Name:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Name:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by selasphorys on Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:05 pm, edited 11 times in total.
selasphorys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lilac sky » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:39 am

Alright, I can’t wait to see what you make :)
lilac sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Perri » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:16 am

Name; Teneca Rosebud

Age; 17-years-old

Powers; Wing Manifestation. Brief description: Having the ability to develop/have wings. Takes only seconds to develop, and is known to tear many of his shirts because of being startled or for quick action. The wings are able to be detach, and once they do, it takes several moments for it to deteriorate. Black ash usually rise from it, until there isn't
a trace of his wings. Pretty durable wings, can avoid damage by shielding, although bullets do penetrate (he learned it from testing it with his cousins).

Personality; He tends to be careful and quiet with his actions, but is usually trying to do good deeds and help out people when they do need some assistance. Although, many people find his quietness for "rudeness" when he doesn't quite know to reply back or start a conversation. He is handy around the house and with cars, but he usually tries to keep a low profile due to his... Abilities. He could also be seen reading books in-between classes, mostly fantasy books.

History; Being native, he has quite a large family. As he found his powers to develop, only a small circle of his family keeps this a secret, but also keeps him out of a lot of family reunions. His family isn't the most reliable in keeping secrets so, only his grandmother, two of his cousin, and a close family friend actually knows of his abilities. But other than that, constant drama flows through the family due to poor decisions his family tends to make, so there's never a quiet moment at home. He knows of his dad, briefly, and his mom had ditched him and his other siblings at his grandparents when they were born. It seemed pretty typical that the elders tend to take care of the kids while the adults go off and cause drama. His grandfather passed away when he was young and it unlocked his power from the shock of it. In front of his grandmother. His grandmother knew that if the government saw this, she would never see him again. So, that's why he was kept under lock and key when it comes to social events. Making him a social pariah.

Basic Appearance; He usually keeps his black hair down, with one or two braids left in his hair. A bit of peach fuzz on his face, and with a few necklaces hanging on his chest. Otherwise, always wearing a blank t-shirt, then some dirty, worn out jeans with some dark brown work boots that he always wears. On his left foot, there is some silver duct tape wrapped around it, probably from a hole on the bottom or a worn sole. Black eyes that never seem to grow tired, with a curious look in them, and his height has been a steady 6'3 for the last few years.

Sexuality; Bisexual? He's never had a date or anything like that. He finds both genders attractive whenever there are, well, some attractive people. But then again, he never sees himself actually dating them.

Relationship; None
Last edited by Perri on Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Perri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lilac sky » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:19 am

great, I can’t wait to write with both of you :)
lilac sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lilac sky » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:04 am

Perri wrote:

Name; Teneca Rosebud

Age; 17-years-old

Powers; Wing Manifestation. Brief description: Having the ability to develop/have wings. Takes only seconds to develop, and is known to tear many of his shirts because of being startled or for quick action. The wings are able to be detach, and once they do, it takes several moments for it to deteriorate. Black ash usually rise from it, until there isn't
a trace of his wings. Pretty durable wings, can avoid damage by shielding, although bullets do penetrate (he learned it from testing it with his cousins).

Personality; He tends to be careful and quiet with his actions, but is usually trying to do good deeds and help out people when they do need some assistance. Although, many people find his quietness for "rudeness" when he doesn't quite know to reply back or start a conversation. He is handy around the house and with cars, but he usually tries to keep a low profile due to his... Abilities. He could also be seen reading books in-between classes, mostly fantasy books.

History; Being native, he has quite a large family. As he found his powers to develop, only a small circle of his family keeps this a secret, but also keeps him out of a lot of family reunions. His family isn't the most reliable in keeping secrets so, only his grandmother, two of his cousin, and a close family friend actually knows of his abilities. But other than that, constant drama flows through the family due to poor decisions his family tends to make, so there's never a quiet moment at home. He knows of his dad, briefly, and his mom had ditched him and his other siblings at his grandparents when they were born. It seemed pretty typical that the elders tend to take care of the kids while the adults go off and cause drama. His grandfather passed away when he was young and it unlocked his power from the shock of it. In front of his grandmother. His grandmother knew that if the government saw this, she would never see him again. So, that's why he was kept under lock and key when it comes to social events. Making him a social pariah.

Basic Appearance; He usually keeps his black hair down, with one or two braids left in his hair. A bit of peach fuzz on his face, and with a few necklaces hanging on his chest. Otherwise, always wearing a blank t-shirt, then some dirty, worn out jeans with some dark brown work boots that he always wears. On his left foot, there is some silver duct tape wrapped around it, probably from a hole on the bottom or a worn sole. Black eyes that never seem to grow tired, with a curious look in them, and his height has been a steady 6'3 for the last few years.

Sexuality; Bisexual? He's never had a date or anything like that. He finds both genders attractive whenever there are, well, some attractive people. But then again, he never sees himself actually dating them.

Relationship; None

Accepted!
... mirror, sky or lilac ... she/her ... leo ... born july 31 ... weird ... reader ... roleplayer ... gamer ... drummer ... equestrian ... runner ... sleep ... awkward ... tired 24/7 ... music ... books ... comics ... candles ... chocolate ... tumblr ... nighttime ... bees ... cats ... horses ... dogs ... nature ... butterflies and moths ... spiders ... flowers ... history ... old buildings ... forests ... the 1975 ...twenty one pilots ... halsey ... melanie martinez ... switchfoot ... u2 ... harry potter ... the lord of the rings | deviantart |
lilac sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Small Town Secret ─ 𝙎𝘼𝙂𝙀 !

Postby strawbs. » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:20 pm

name. sage deckerxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" dob. jun 19
nickname. none xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'"sexuality. questioning
age. 16 years xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"face claim. bang junhyuk
gender. male - he/him

❖ sage has unnaturally vibrant red hair (and is naturally blonde) with hazel eyes. he has a small, scrawny build and maintains a rather relaxed posture. a few small scars litter his body, but there's one that's noticeable on his left calf. he is five foot eight. he doesn't entirely care about how he looks, usually just throwing a set of clothes together and calling it good. his outfits are loose and comfortable; he hardly ever dresses up, unless an occasion requires it.

personality. sage is truly a boy who doesn't know any better. he's too curious for his own good, thus, extremely nosy and pressing with his questions. he's too charitable for his own good, and will forgive everyone for anything no matter how severe, all in the name of friendship. he's the kid who gave his toys away for free because another kid wanted it. while easily manipulated, people don't notice that he's smarter than he seems. he knows the difference between good and bad, and that's enough for him to decide what route to take when it comes down to it. he exhausts himself trying to guide others towards the right path; oftentimes he forgets his own needs and desires. he doesn't know when enough is enough, and when to leave something be. he, however, knows exactly how to push buttons, without really knowing that's what he's doing. sage doesn't take up social cues very well. in fact, he's rather awkward with interactions, but very welcoming and friendly nonetheless, so there's that. he won't notice that another is mad or sad, and seems completely blind to a flirt; he has to be told in a more straightforward manner. adventure runs in his blood and he gets bored easily without it; with that comes a slight case of recklessness. he likes to stand out from the crowd, do things that some don't have the guts to do. he dyes his hair crazy colors and isn't afraid of heights. for the most part, sage is good at maintaining a carefree, level-headed demeanor when it feels like the world around him is falling apart. he may not be good with words, but he provides a calming aura in dire times of need, and he'll stay awake an entire night or two for someone who can't sleep. he goes with the flow of things instead of trying to control a situation that he knows he can't. he comes off as blissfully unaware, but he's not anywhere near that. he just chooses to be a pillar in the lives of others, so he keeps up a strong, positive outlook to help put those more at ease, but he forgets that he's human too.

history. sage is an only child. at the age of eleven, after many arguments which he seemed to always witness, his parents divorced and he had remembered it as the most heartbreaking experience. he lived with his mother, visiting his father occasionally, though eventually that dwindled down to not seeing him at all. his father never called him or tried to see him, and sage still wracks his brain about it, wondering why it's like that. so, he hasn't heard or seen his father since he was thirteen. he holds nothing against him, only wishes he'd come back into his life. right now, it's just him and his mother, who's been dating around since, but sage doesn't really like the men that she gets with, and it never usually works out. sage's ability bloomed rather late. he woke up in the middle of the night, having almost frozen his bed completely, having almost frozen him completely. every day he's woken up by his own shivers, but he refuses to tell anyone, not even his own mom. he's tried to control it but he's far too scared of his own capabilities so he doesn't really do much to practice with it. he just kind of wants to ignore its existence to be honest.

abilities and weaknesses
    ─ manipulate ice; freeze water
    ─ skin is cooler than normal, and his regular body temp continues to get lower with age
    ─ will sometimes go through cold flashes
    ─ heat make him feel fatigued and sometimes dizzy the longer he's in that environment
    ─ the cold will irritate him and his powers
    ─ control is tied to emotions and training
    ─ lack of control may possibly begin freezing him from the inside
    ─ overall not very experienced with his abilities due keeping them hidden

relations
    thaddeus foley ─ friends since elementary, they've only gotten closer. they've been there for each other through thick and thin, him helping tad deal with the bullies and tad helping him when his father left. he cherishes their friendship, he really does, even helping the other with collecting those round river stones. neither know of each other's secret, but they're bound to eventually, with how much time they spend together.

XXXX
Last edited by strawbs. on Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
strawbs.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Small Town Secret ─ 𝑷𝑰𝑬𝑹𝑹𝑬 !

Postby strawbs. » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:20 pm

name. pierre monroe xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx dob. oct 24
nickname. riggs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'sexuality. homoromantic asexual
age. 17 years xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' face claim. son seongjun
gender. male - he/him

❖ riggs has dark brown hair with eyes to match, although they tend to darken to a more black color; sometimes shadows seem to swirl within them, but it's not easily noticeable unless you're looking for it. he has a rather broad build and keeps up a stiff, tall posture. he's quite fond of fashion, dressing up from time to time, seeming to plan his outfits ahead of time. he has a right eyebrow piercing and a small scar on his chin. he is five foot nine.

personality. with an indifferent expression and a bratty attitude, it's not easy to approach a guy like riggs. he's not usually swayed by pity or sympathy, being more of a "suck it up" type of guy. it's easy to tell that there's some sort of barrier always between him and others. he has trouble forming a bond or connecting on an emotional level. the hardships with his ability pushed him away from feeling all the natural emotions a human should feel. it's almost as if he forgets what it's like; when an emotion comes through, he's unsure of how to deal with it, and oftentimes he doesn't really understand them or even himself. he shuts it down, shoving them to the side until they stack up to the point of overflowing. another's pain because of him is enough to tug him away from maintaining a real relationship, whether the victim forgives him or not. generally, riggs is standoffish, though he isn't afraid to speak his mind. he's brutally honest and doesn't beat around the bush or sugarcoat anything. he doesn't budge for the sensitive ones, as he has never in his entire life been labeled as gentle. riggs is fast-paced but careful and alert. he doesn't go into anything recklessly, until he knows enough information to where he feels comfortable. so, he likes to ask questions, and fortunately, he learns quickly. people don't expect many good things from him upon first impressions, but he is incredibly patient and open-minded. what he understands most is that it's impossible to never make mistakes, so he is lenient to those who do. he will not judge somebody based on their past, but rather, their present. he will tolerate those he likes and will attack anyone who puts them down. he never backs away from a fight when he is provoked; he won't cease until he comes out on top.

history. riggs is a secondary name taken from his middle name, though he never really mentions that. instead, he more closely identifies himself as riggs rather than pierre. it didn't used to go that way though. he doesn't really remember his parents. he's locked it away in a chest somewhere in the back of his mind, because they abandoned him when he was younger. having no one to go to, he was taken to an orphanage. for five years, he had waited for a mother or a father, even a grandparent, to show up and take him back. eventually the hope dwindled as he came to the conclusion that they wouldn't. since then, he's hated his true name and began to go by riggs in his form of healing. he was adopted by who had been currently fostering him, into a home of a married couple with two other boys and one girl. he was the youngest of the brothers. it's tense between him and his adoptive parents. it's awkward between him and his siblings, except for the little girl, who didn't understand what was happening in the first place. riggs takes care of her, but is practically ignored by his brothers. he grew up to be independent, reliant on himself. his father maintains high expectations of him, expecting nothing less than a prodigy, like his eldest brother. unfortunately, riggs is not him, so they argue a lot. both parents work, but his mother doesn't take the time that she can to bond with him; as far as she can see, he's the family's troublemaker. his powers had always been there and never that quiet. his adoptive father made riggs swear on his life to not tell anyone, hounded on him to not even use an ounce of his abilities, not purposefully anyways. he practiced in secrecy, figured out all the little quirks, learning the art of control, although it doesn't always work. on the off day that he lost himself, his adoptive mother was there to witness it, and he learned then that she had never been told this information. now it's even more tense.

abilities and weaknesses
    ─ darkness embodiment, becoming a physical manifestation of darkness as well as having minimal control of the shadows that surround him
    ─ empowered by negative emotions from self and others; he can get lost in his own anger, sadness, pain, or fear, letting them steer his behavior
    ─ shadows will swirl around his body if he is overwhelmed or taken over by strong emotions
    ─ darkness needs to be released regularly to prevent loss of control from build-up
    ─ it's difficult for him to tap in and out of this form, or regain control, due to the emotions that come with it, as they are easy to get caught up in
    ─ his power aids him in strength, speed, and resilience, but exhaustion and injuries will catch up over time; he can get hurt without realizing it
    ─ photophobic, meaning he is sensitive to light; it's not that severe, though

relations
    teneca rosebud ─ one of his many cousins; they aren't too close, but not too far. riggs doesn't really think too much about it, but they do hang out quite often, usually walking with each other to school. teneca doesn't particularly bother him too much.
    cooper eaton ─ good friends until they weren't. they tend to get on each others nerves, but they still care about each other nonetheless. unfortunately, riggs hurt cooper on accident, and has been knocking himself down because of it. he's been avoiding the other since, to prevent any more harm done. they know of each others abilities.

XXXX
Last edited by strawbs. on Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:54 am, edited 4 times in total.
strawbs.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lovestruck » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:58 pm

are characters allowed to have the same powers or should they all be unique?
lovestruck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me