some things you can't go back to | discussion

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Re: some things you can't go back to | discussion

Postby loulou800 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:17 am

@kopus would Olivia perhaps be a Scavenger? she's not a child anymore, but she is one of the younger ones in the group, so unsure where she fits haha. she's quick on her feet, and she's very agile/speedy. what are your thoughts? if you think it's better to put her in the survivor category, totally understand! whatever works the best that would guarantee the group's best chance of survival :'D
loulou800

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rhagfyre » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:30 pm

hey all!

i'm rhagfyre and i play maxine (max) walsh, julian wyecroft and riley huntington.

MAX is a kind, motherly figure in her early forties. before the apocalypse she was a well-known and experienced psychologist, who lost her husband and both her teenage children in the apocalypse. nowadays she likes to take the younger members of the group under her wing and i think her role would be somewhere along the lines of counsellor/psychologist because i envision her trying to help the others. she is analytical and sometimes reads too far into things, but she has good intentions. and never, ever, call her maxine.

JULIAN is a "button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up" kind of guy in his forties. he was a carpenter before the apocalypse who lived alone. he's quiet and doesn't talk much, but he has a heart of gold and is a really good guy. he likes to think of himself as the handy man of the group because he uses his carpentry skills to fix anything that needs fixin'. he is always willing to lend a hand and will carry or pull or move anything you need him to.

RILEY is a cold, nihilistic and bitter teen. in and out of the foster care system after her parents died when she was a child, she never had a proper upbringing. she can be harsh, but she doesn't mean to be mean, sometimes she just says things without thinking. she's a risk taker and extremely impatient. she can't stand slow moving people or those who can't follow instructions. she will rarely show any emotion, and her only soft spot is for children and young teens, because she doesn't want them to grow up to be like her. secretly, all she wants is a hug, but she would never tell anyone that.

i'm looking forward to being part of this roleplay! if anyone has any ideas for relations or anything like that, or what role riley could have, let me know! my pm's are always open. also, if i'm giving my characters roles or traits that are already taken, let me know. i tried to double check everything but i might have missed some stuff.
rhagfyre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby `pearl » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:08 pm

so i've decided that im going to make kat's brother and bring him in later and i'd love for him to have a daughter who would be around five-six so i'm looking to see if any of you would be interested in playing his daughter! c:

also im trying to plot relations with everyone, please pm me if we haven't spoken yet if you want to plot!!
`pearl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kopus » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:48 pm

@bug
      I like azhefa's idea of a traveling medic and a group medic, so I'll just add Charlie as a raid or travel medic.

@loulou
      I think she should be in the scavenger group. She's not a child or teenager, so I think it will be okay to have her go out with the other adults. If you like, she can be newer to it, though.

@rhagfyre
      I'm glad to have you with us! Your characters seem great to have in the group, and I'll be sure to reach out with relationships ideas soon.
kopus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby loulou800 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:35 pm

@kopus brilliant! thanks for adding me to the squad. maybe having her be newer at it would be a good thing!
loulou800

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sphynx » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:28 pm

hello, hello. sorry im late to the party lmao. i play giovanni and francesco, otherwise known as the salvatore brothers.

giovanni - on the outside he is known to be a bit of a reckless flirt and has grown to uphold the crown for being the groups troublemaker. he's little bit too honest and doesn't stand for anyone giving him grief (including his older brother), but on the inside he does mean well. a lot has gone on for him both before and during the end of the world, two of the major ones; abandonment issues and bereavement, so he can be a bit stand-offish/argumentative and distant when it comes to talking about deeper roots. he just needs a damn cuddle and someone to tell him everything's gonna be alright.

francesco - a down to earth kind of guy that likes hands on work. doesn't mind helping out with those that need it. tries his absolute best to put other's before himself and upholds a universally recognised nature of impartialness. credited as a noble stag, he lives a life of high moral ground and seeks justice when needed. however he's got a bit of a temper and a headstrong manner - has a pet peeve of individuals slacking when there is work to be done.

im not entirely sure if i personally like francesco's personality in the slightest, so i'll probably play around with it until i find something that suits me and him as a character. the general kind of vibe i was trying to go with was noble yet impatient, but the way i've written it on the character form is all over the place.. anyway ! let me know if you are wanting to discuss relations with these two.
sphynx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chevreuil » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:20 am

Hi to everyone who has joined recently!

I think that I've answered all pms/tags about relationships with River, but do let me know if I missed one! She's still open to new relationships as well, so if you have any ideas, don't hesitate to message me!

I was thinking about bringing in another character, a fighter/security, but I noticed that we have more gals than guys right now. Should I balance the ratio a little bit, or stick with my character's original fc/gender?
chevreuil
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kopus » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:14 am

@chev
      It isn't too unbalanced right now, so you're more than welcome to make another female. If we need to later, we can work to get the ratio balanced but don't worry about it right now!
kopus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chevreuil » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:46 am

Quinn Slane has joined the survivors! She's a bit of a wild card former mercenary with a questionable past. Feel free to @ or pm me with any ideas for relationships! I won't be surprised if she gains a handful of enemies. :')
chevreuil
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kopus » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:36 pm

I believe I have the front page completely updated with the new characters -- if not, please let me know.

Now that the majority of our characters and their relationships are done, I think now is the time to begin the roleplay. I personally won't be able to get a post up for a little bit today, likely between 3pm - 6pm CST but if anyone wants to open it up, you are welcome. I want the roleplay to be opened with the group of scavengers and fighters getting ready to head out into the city/into a town for more supplies. That way, we can dive straight into action for some of our characters, while back at camp, things are more relaxed. There can be some stress of food shortages, etc. though back at camp between characters though, so keep in mind it doesn't have to be perfectly peaceful.

I have a question for you guys before we start. Should our characters travel by vehicles or horseback? In my past apocalyptic roleplays I think we had characters that did both, so let me know what you would prefer so that we can write that into our posts as this group is about to head into the city.
kopus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me