🏕 Tʜᴇ Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ Rᴇᴛʀᴇᴀᴛ 🏞

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

With the new member clean out, should we continue here or make a new thread?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:16 am

Continue here
14%
Make a new thread, with the same plot
43%
Make a new thread, with an alternate plotline
43%

Total votes : 7

Re: 🏕 Tʜᴇ Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ Rᴇᴛʀᴇᴀᴛ 🏞

Postby Kotayle » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:58 am

Cool! I like that- so perhaps a mix of mine, feather and Epickitty's idea, humans cannot be turned into werewolves UNLESS they are bitten by a carrier of the gene... High ranks, or children of high ranks- BUT perhaps the first shift can only occur during certain hours? like what if only when the moon is in the sky? That way we can eliminate random rogue issues. The main reason I don't like doing werewolf bites turn humans into werewolves is because I had an RP and EVERYONE turned into a werewolf it was super annoying, mostly because there would be a couple kissing and someone accidentally bit the other's lip and it was like POOF WEREWOLF! Lol

And I am not sure about the carriers thing, only because I have no idea how someone would be a carrier of the gene from a different species.

SO under these conditions, a human can be turned into a werewolf;
a) Only the bite of a werewolf with a high-rank bloodline (alpha-beta families) will turn a human into a werewolf
b) The bite can occur at any time of day, but the first shift of the newly turned werewolf can only occur when the moon is in the sky

I would also like to take this time to clarify that werewolves in this RP can shift at will, its not just at night, the rule of only shifting at night is for pure preservation of the secret of the species in the rp

OKAY lol any additions or modifiers to this rule about turning humans?
Lights off
Kotayle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolfrunner » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:45 am

Kotayle has spoken!
wolfrunner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby memichoo » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:58 am

oh also, quick question: when a wolf shifts back to human form, do they automatically have clothes on or do they need to like, find something?
memichoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FeathersBreath » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:16 pm

Seconded! And also, is it possible for forced shifts? Such as if someone is feeling really intense emotions like anger or fear, would they automatically shift as a fight/flight response? Is that a thing? Because it could make it harder for the wolves to keep the secret, but also angst.

One exam down! Four to go, but no more this week, yay!
Last edited by FeathersBreath on Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FeathersBreath

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xintea » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:40 pm

Grif is up, just a heads up.

nobody necessarily needs to tag him but he's in the main cabin. He doesn't have an assignment for a cabin yet
Xintea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolfrunner » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:07 pm

I hope yu don't mid Faith running into him Jisus lol.
wolfrunner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Epiclilkitty » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:17 pm

Oh, I like Feather's idea of forced shifts! I feel that Leila especially might have issues controlling her shifts from time to time, especially when she's scared.

Also, yay! I contributed xD I will post and finish my country girl later tonight. She might have a dormant werewolf gene, just because haha Like its there, she just hasn't changed yet for some reason, maybe because she has no idea they even exist? (Her werewolf mum died during childbirth and her dad didn't know)

Which brings up another idea. Maybe Werewolves typically have to be around other wolves/in a pack setting in order to activate the gene the first time, or at least know its there and actively seek out the change? Make the ability to shift optional to an extent, until the first shift and then there's really no going back. But like, until the first shift they could be pretty much human, ie no shifting, super strength, senses or speed? Lemme know if any of this makes sense, I'm terrible at explaining abstract ideas.

Also, @Kotayle what have you done, you've made me ship Leila and Alex now :lol: :lol: :lol:
Epiclilkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kotayle » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:46 pm

Regarding forced shifts, I personally don't like them because I feel like its way too easy to be like "whoops I shifted in front of a human," and then theres no secret to be kept which is annoying... but I mean what does everyone think? If that's what everyone wants then that's cool with me so long as we keep accidents to a minimum because then the whole plot gets super boring lol If there were forcced shifts, i'd say maybe they were more prone to them at night, when the moon is out, and hightened emotions like anger/fear/fight or flight.

As far as clothes go, for the sake of time in the role play and to follow CS rules, characters shouldn't technically be naked ever lol SO I have always had it that clothes vanish and reappear with each shift.

@Jisus, sorry i meant to ask if you had a preference for cabin =)

@Epickitty- For sure, something I have done in the past is a human who was supposed to be a werewolf- like it skipped her but her whole family are werewolves, super common in half breeds (humanxwerewolf) so thats totally a thing! Go for it! I also like that idea of activated genes, kinda twilight but i still really agree with the thinking behind it, rule of proximity! I definitely agree on the first shift being out of control too! That's a great idea.

Also- i am great at building ships hahaha

OKAY @ALL- revision to werewolf rules
a)Werewolves remain MOSTLY human until their first shift. The first shift is not controllable, or a chosen moment to the werewolf, it is usually caused by a fight or flight response and has a higher probabiity of happening when around other werewolvs, so loners are at a huge risk here.

b)PENDING- FORCED Shifts occur at night during fight or flight situations or provoked highly emotional states and situations- after the first shift, the werewolf can shift WHENEVER he or she desires to, it will be difficult to summon at first but it becomes easier with each shift. Shifting is easier at night regardless.

c) Something I didn't include, all werewolves should be stronger and faster than humans- they have to work to blend in and seem normal. Werewolves also heal faster, not within seconds or minutes, but more like a month-long recovery for an injury would take weeks, a normal week long injury would days... and so on.

Hopefully this all makes sense! If not please correct me and make revisions, i still would like everyones opinion on the forced shifts,
Lights off
Kotayle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xintea » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:49 pm

No preference. I don't care where Grif goes because he'll be awful wherever he goes
Xintea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kotayle » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:50 pm

Well put, XD
Lights off