Stories at Dawn || Wolf RP || Open

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Stories at Dawn || Wolf RP || Open

Postby Gypaetus Barbatus » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:38 am

"Life is cruel."

Your head snaps to the right, eyes widening and ears flattening. A strange voice, one you've never heard before. But there's nothing between the trees. And yet, you knew you heard it right. You knew it came from your right side. A deep voice, but with a sweet edge. A warning of adventure, of travelling and discovery. Of late-night conversations, snowy pawprints, autumn leaves and a summer's breeze. You're so certain you heard it, heard the sentence. And yet, there is no one there.

"But cruelty isn't all that life has to offer."

Your head snaps to the left this time. The same voice again, an edge of darkness in it now. It promises something wonderful, accompanied by awfulness. Because that's life. It's amazing, and yet so awful at the same time. You're in control of your own life, you can determine a lot of the courses set out for you. You can determine whether you continue onto this trail, trying to find food. You could head further into the woods, encounter foes, or friends. Or you could turn back and scamper back to the safety of your home. Go back to your old pack, or your old life.

Suddenly, you're looking into golden amber eyes. You blink, once, twice. They're so golden you've never seen them like that before. Not even with the right sunlight could eyes be that golden, could they? But yet here they were, right in front of you, staring at you. The eyes belonged to a tall wolf, lean but muscular, that was very clear. A wolf that could take you down easily in a heartbeat if they'd like. They seemed curious though, even offering kindness. But the grin that spread along the muzzle of the wolf was something else, tinged with darkness, danger, and adventure.

"So, wolf. What are you going to offer life then? Are you going to turn around, run back home, tail between your legs? Or will you follow me, and let me show you just what life has to offer? And what you can offer life? Or are you simply passing through? Do please let me know."

You stand there, staring at the wolf's golden eyes. They're so gorgeous, you're drawn to following them. And yet, you hesitate. You need to think this through. You need to make a sound decision. You didn't know this wolf, you weren't even sure how you ended up here. But it was clearly this wolf's territory, and they seemed keen to either have you with them or have you leave. You took a deep breath, before making your decision.

Welcome to this RP! Hopefully you'll come to enjoy this RP as it comes along. Only time will tell though! Feel free to post your character here, check the main thread HERE for positions and updates.
Last edited by Gypaetus Barbatus on Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
name's alec. legally an adult and thus paying bills. they/them or he/him pronouns have my preference.
Gypaetus Barbatus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stories at Dawn || Wolf RP || Open/WIP

Postby Gypaetus Barbatus » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:00 am

Rules:
Be kind.
No perfect wolves, obviously.
No hybrids. I'm not particular on wolf species, pick any you like that exist today. But no crossbreeds.
Discussions in this forum please. Try keep OOC here, and not in the RP thread.
Keep to CS rules obviously.
Try to write a minimum of 3 sentences. I get short replies, I'm not always in the mood to write five paragraphs. But 3 sentences should be doable.
Have fun!

Your character should have the basic information of:
- name.
- age.
- pack/rank.
- personality.
- appearance.
- possible history.
Last edited by Gypaetus Barbatus on Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
name's alec. legally an adult and thus paying bills. they/them or he/him pronouns have my preference.
Gypaetus Barbatus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gypaetus Barbatus » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:04 am

Tessa || Female || 4.5 || Alpha female
Piercing golden amber eyes, white-coloured main fur with light brown and beige streaks, she's a striking wolf to see. She's lean but muscular. And very clearly well-known in how to fight and defend herself. She's high on her legs and holds herself like a leader. She has a small healed scar on her muzzle. Another at the corner of her left eye.

Tessa is a gentle wolf, but she knows how to hold herself as a leader. She's kind and caring, and always offers a listening ear. She's not harsh unless she has to be. But she'd rather not. Tessa is a firm leader, her pack respects her, which is why she doesn't have to rule with an iron fist. She's also withdrawn. She doesn't share a lot of herself. If she does with you, she must absolutely, fully, trust you. She'd rather not talk about herself and is always busy with the survival of her pack. That's the most important thing for her. She's not scared of a challenge and doesn't back down easily.

The female was born into the pack, but not as a pup from the leaders at the time. Her first year was quite harsh. The leaders disliked that she was born into the pack since they wanted all the birthing rights. She was picked on regularly, but it never seemed to really bother her. She kept her head down and did as she was told. Her mother passed away a few months after she had turned one. She'd been a sickly wolf ever since she had given birth to Tessa. The female was devastated and roamed around for a while. When she returned, aged two, the leaders were losing the pack. There were regular challenges and fights amongst the wolves. Eventually, Tessa challenged the alpha male, and won the battle, resulting in the scars she has. The former alpha female was welcome to stay with her mate, but they decided to leave, taking some of their former pups with them. Tessa was left with a dysfunctional pack.

It took her a year to stabilise the pack, but it's been doing well since then. She tolerates loners, as long as they either join in the end or move on after a season. She has firm rules, which are respected.
Gypaetus Barbatus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Stories at Dawn || Euphranor

Postby Tordier » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:01 pm

Basics wrote:
Euphranor
Cisgender Male
Asexual
7.4 Years
Second in Command
    Ever since he was a pup, Euphranor has always been the sort of wolf who likes to get straight to the point. His first concern is always with practicality, so he sees little use for sentiment or ideals. Instead, he looks at situations through a largely logical lens, taking in all relevant factors and formulating a solution that tackles the root of the problem head-on. In his younger days, Euphranor was known for being a hot-headed wolf, always ready to charge into battle at a moment's notice, but age has tempered his haste into tactical skill. He is among the best choices for counsel for most situations, and has proved to be a valuable asset time and time again. Euphranor has been getting increasingly irritable in his old age, however. He snaps at others more often, and has started to get a little lazy and greedy with prey. As far as he is concerned, Euphranor deserves to be treated well in his upcoming retirement, but perhaps not everyone agrees.

Relationships wrote:
None
Appearance wrote:
White Pelt
Charcoal and Tan Markings
Yellow Eyes
Broad, Plump Build
Tall and Heavyset
Flat, Direct Tenor
Smells of Strawberries
    This massive male has a long history within the pack. Though he is now creeping into his senior years, Euphranor retains much of the same respect from his subordinates, and for good reason. He can honestly boast of a long and distinguished career as a leader and strategist. His past is full of stories of heroics from as far back as his earliest days as a young hunter. However, he has spent many years as a loyal Second in Command to the previous reigning alpha pair. Towards the end of their reign, they made several bad decisions that resulted in an increasingly shaky grip on the traditional pack territory, but Euphranor did his best to mitigate the damage while remaining loyal to his superiors. With Tessa's recent ascension to take over as the new alpha, Euphranor is hopeful that she will lead the pack in a new direction. Seeing as his loyalty is to his pack more than to any one leader, he easily accepted the change of leadership and is ready to stand at Tessa's side. He might have lost much of his former athleticism to age and a weakness for eating more prey than he is rightfully entitled to, but perhaps this development towards pompousness in his age can be forgiven, considering his sharp mind and wise counsel. Euphranor hopes to see the pack rise to its former glory before settling into a well-deserved retirement.
Tordier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gypaetus Barbatus » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:22 pm

accepted! welcome!
Gypaetus Barbatus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tordier » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:56 am

Awesome, glad to be here! I might as well mention here that Euphranor is open for basically any type of relationship. Friends, enemies, family, etc. Don't be shy.
    So, ah. That's it. Can't wait to get started!
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰【 Tordier 】▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

Maned Wolf ] Ringtail ] INFJ ] Neutral Good ] Type 5
Adult ] Atheist ] Anxious ] Depressed ] Dog Dad ] He/They

Tordier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vervainium » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:58 pm

─────── 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐃𝐎𝐎𝐑 𝐍𝐎 𝐎𝐍𝐄'𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃
    ──────────────────────────────────────
    alm-tempered, mysterious figure, who isn't afraid to speak
    in rhymes or cryptic notes. she usually appears as a polite,
    almost motherly wolf, often referring to another as 'dear' or
    'my love', but her voice conveys all. it tries to be warm and
    full of emotion but instead winds up painfully cold and hollo
    w. she may sometimes even appear to be a bit flirty, and se
    ems to be almost a bit...playful at times? honestly, the fema
    le displays several personalities, all of which are obviously a
    nd painfully fake. what naomi truly feels or acts like isn't rea
    lly known. however, despite how kind she may appear to be s
    he is truly mean spirited. she loves seeing wolves suffer, men
    tal torture and manipulation are one of her favorite pastimes
    . she's not overly violent and isn't an anti-social wolf by any
    means though. she doesn't like to consider herself a 'savage'.
    she enjoys 'wolf watching' and likes to 'study' the face and ex
    pressions of others, often able to decipher quite a bit from j
    ust looking at another's expression. what is known is that one
    best be wary around the wolf. those in her pack know just h
    ow bizarre this wolf is. the same wolf who takes interest in ke
    eping and playing with skulls. she prefers...live, warm, blood
    y prey. its to be noted that naomi...doesn't discriminate with
    the taste of meat...in which, she has no qualms about eating
    wolf meat either. naomi does have her....uses. her extensive
    knowledge of things to her sheer intelligence comes in handy.
    furthermore, naomi is not a fighter. she is a manipulator - som
    eone who plays dirty. honestly, naomi does what she wants, wh
    en she wants to. one does not simply order naomi around. and
    while she typically may smile and say 'okay' if you tell her to g
    et off her butt and do something, you may want to watch your
    back for the rest of the day. or rather, week. still, she's not us
    e less, and despite not seeming to care all that much for the p
    ack, does still provide and help. she seems to take her job as
    mostly a joke though - an amusement. 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒 𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐎𝐍 !
    ──────────────────────────────────────
    pack: the x?| rank: second-in-command
    ──────────────────────────
    i. naomi ii. 'miss jackson' iii. female, bitc
    h iv. five y/o v. toned, but slender build,
    just as tall as most males, but she's most
    ly leg. fair weight, not too bulky or musc
    ular. vi. two brothers and a sister, pm me
    vii. no offspring and no mate, no previou
    s mate either. viii. dark coat that resemb
    les soil, a rich black, with dark brown ac
    cents like that of strong tea. toes dipped
    in a pearl-white. and she has some of th
    e most beautiful gilded eyes you've ever
    seen, with flecks of a darker orange like
    pumpkins. she carries a fair coat that th
    ins during the summer, and thickens duri
    ng the winter months. xi. she has a stran
    ge hobby, in which she collects skulls. lu
    ckily, she only has skulls that are prey an
    imals... so far x. naomi despises those th
    at eat loudly or talk loudly to the point i
    ts obnoxious. xi. one of naomi's quirks is
    that she makes derogatory comments be
    hind other's backs, and she often taunts
    her foes. she's also left conversations in
    the middle of them because they don't i
    nterest her. xii. naomi is weird. all wolv
    es know this. or rather, all wolves will k
    now this. te female posses an odd chilli
    ng presence to her, one that can make e
    ven the fiercest of wolves feel a crawl o
    n their backs. not one of fear or even on
    e of terror...but an odd, devouring feelin
    g as though the wolf only sees them as pr
    ey, as a slab of meat that needs to be...t
    enderized. naomi typically appears as a c
    ──────────────────────────
vervainium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gypaetus Barbatus » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:57 pm

accepted! welcome. i'll wait one more day and then we'll start if that's okay by you all.
Gypaetus Barbatus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tordier » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:30 am

Jem Carstairs wrote:accepted! welcome. i'll wait one more day and then we'll start if that's okay by you all.

Fine by me!
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰【 Tordier 】▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

Maned Wolf ] Ringtail ] INFJ ] Neutral Good ] Type 5
Adult ] Atheist ] Anxious ] Depressed ] Dog Dad ] He/They

Tordier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me