YFNGSS Discussion thread

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

YFNGSS Discussion thread

Postby Metronome » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:32 pm

Post forms here

RP here: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=4115129
Metronome

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Variant

Postby Metronome » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:33 pm

Name: Val-Kahn "Kahn" Artrea
Alias: Variant
Species: Alien (Othaigan)
Precautions: Destruction chip

Personality: While Kahn may look fierce, he is typically mild mannered and reserved. He concerns himself with how he may come across to the humans around him: is he too scary? Is he being rude? Is he saying this phrase correctly? For the most part, he is out going; if not just to learn more about the cultures around him. Curious, intelligent, polite, and kind are all words that could be used to describe him.

Abilities:

Telepathic communication
Everything Kahn says must be communicated telepathically, as his mouth and vocal cords are not made for forming proper words. Verbally, all he can produce are animistic roars, grunts, growls, ect. He cannot, however, read minds. So anything said back to him must be said allowed.

Language absorption
When he opens a mental link to a new being to communicate, he automatically "absorbs" that being's mother tongue, be it English, Spanish, Cat, Dog, or Alien.

Quick healing
While not exactly Wolverine levels of healing, Kahn heals much faster than your typical human. If he survives, he can heal from grave wounds in a matter of days.

Shape shifting
Kahn can take on the form of any person, animal, or being that he's seen, either in real life or in an image. This can include fictional species as well, such as unicorns and dragons, or extinct species, such as dinosaurs. Kahn can hold this form as long as he remains conscious, but will revert to his true form should he fall asleep or pass out.

Weaknesses: Othaigans have a natural aversion to fire. Val-Kahn himself is terrified of it. He is highly flammable, and if he catches fire, he will likely be consumed by flames in a matter of seconds.

Appearance:
Kahn's appearance is where he tends to lose fans, as it doesn't quite fit the Horizon's PR image of a superhero. Most notable is his size: Kahn stands at 6'11" and weights almost 260 pounds, due in part to his extra dense muscle mass. Another part of his signature looks is his green skin, which has a smooth, leathery texture. He sports two horns on his head, pointed ears that can move independently of one another, and bright, glowing red eyes. He has three, clawed fingers on each hand, and two large toes on both feet. Kahn's tail, armed with a blade-like appendage at the end, is prehensile and can be used to pick up items or even to hang upside down from. It can fully support his entire weight. Kahn's muscle build isn't like that of a human's. He doesn't appear to be very muscular, however, his muscles are super dense and efficient, making him much stronger than he looks.

Kahn is perfectly content to forego a costume or uniform, as his people don't wear clothing unless it's for special ceremony. However, whenever there is a PR event or a meet and greet, Horizon insists that he wears a company designed uniform, because "A naked, green alien is bad for the company image".

History:

Val-Kahn's homeworld, Othaiga, has been at war with another for generations. Their enemies, the Fahlge, have been trying to overtake their world so that they can mine a rich mineral at its core. This mineral war has led to the break down of his civilization. The Fahlge, being vicious and merciless, perform regular invasions and raids on highly populated cities, completely level them, and capture the survivors to sell into the intergalactic slave labor trade. That was to be Val-Kahn's fate.

His home was raided in one such attack, and he and his neighbors were captured. Kahn was sold and was in the process of being shipped across the galaxy to work in a labor camp when the ship he was on began having engine trouble. Seeing as it was probably held together with tape and bubble gum, that wasn't very surprising.

The ship approached the closest planet to land and work on the engine, which so happened to be Earth. Earth, having not yet entered the Intergalactic Alliance of Planets, is considered a primitive world, and therefore off limits to outsiders who may prey on it. Not that slavers care.

As the ship entered the atmosphere, it began taking on heavier damage and eventually crash landed in the middle of the Catskill Mountains. Val-Kahn, while heavily injured, was the only survivor. Thanks to his ability to heal, he was able to hunker down for a few days and lick his wounds until he could venture out into a new, alien planet. Kahn had no intentions of being caught again, but a space ship crash landing doesn't exactly go unnoticed these days. It wasn't long before the Feds were combing the mountains for him, following his two toed footprints.

Kahn manage to evade his would-be captures for several months, but eventually caught and put into the Academy. While Kahn was nervous of his new surroundings, he wasn't exactly opposed to the idea of using his powers for good. He does, however, wonder sometimes he gave up one slave master for another.

Last edited by Metronome on Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
Metronome

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: YFNGSS Discussion thread

Postby Perri » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:35 am

Name: Alas Chi
Alias: Abyss
Precautions: None, at the moment. They don't think she needs it at the moment...

Powers: Dimensional Storage... You know when superheros pull out weapons from practically air or "behind them"? This is this power. She has an invisible bag of tricks. When called upon on a object, it will simply appear in hand. It could be from "bottomless pockets", or a bag, closet... It can be anything as long as it fits through the entry point. Unlimited space... But Alas's little portal could be connected to most things. She prefers backpacks or, for bigger items, duffel bags. As long as she can put it in and pull it right back out of her little empty space... It's not certain where the space is, some part of the universe (surely...). But to switch items, she must remove ALL the items from the previous dimension that she used.

Personality: Having an unlimited amount space, she has plenty of time to read. A bookworm is probably her biggest trait; there isn't a spare time with her. With that, she is actually pretty smart. But because of that... She is rather anti-social and prefer to be in small groups. Or alone. Saying that, she actually had not much interaction with people so she will become a bit awkward and not sure how to... Interact. But she does seem concentrated most of the time.

Appearance: Dark skin that pretty much resembles dark chocolate (or that's what her mother says). But strangely enough, her hair grows constantly. White. That might've been the first sign that she had powers. And with that, her parents said goodbye to her at... A young age. She currently weighs 125 pounds and is 6 feet tall flat. She doesn't have much muscle, but she is thin in general. Her eye color is grey so she is... Well, pretty dull, and that amplifies with the grey clothing.

Other: She eats a strict diet (although she really doesn't need to).

History: At the age 2, her white hair was concerning. It was long and thin. It wasn't normal. At first it was black but then... It slowly became grey... The parents thought that perhaps it was because they were going to the local pool too often. But... That wasn't the issue. Without testing, they sent her off, fearing that if they didn't send her sooner, it would become more... Violent. Whatever she had. It even took a few years to actually find something. And then it happened. Her simple school bag was light. Empty. But whenever she pulled anything out; from the heaviest text book to a pencil. It wasn't quite right. With that, she spent a lot of time on her studies. Why not? It wasn't like she was going to be doing anything better. She doesn't have contact with her parents anymore. Who knows, she might even have a sibling.
Perri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Perri » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:37 am

Not sure if we are doing the same plot as last time... so I’ll wait to post my villain.
Perri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metronome » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:07 am

I think that plotline may have contributed to killing the rp. Too much going on and too much to keep up with. I'm gonna go with a simpler first mission this time.
Metronome

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Foe Paw » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:27 am

Name: Zahid Sadavir
Alias: Knight of Chains
Precautions: None, for now. Due to his family's history of causing problems, spent a long time with both of the items, but by now is considered obedient enough that it isn't necessary.

Powers: Summoning iron chains of about 20 feet of length each that he can control. He can only summon one every minute, but can keep creating them almost indefinitely; meaning that the longer a battle goes on, the stronger he is, but he can be taken out early on fairly easily. Controlling a large number of chains is also more complex, so after a certain point he has to stand mostly still or risk not being able to control them. The summoned chains last for three hours before they disappear, giving him a cap of 180 chains, enough to swamp the battlefield with his weapons if he's given that long to prepare.

Personality: A team player at heart. He cares deeply about his companions and tries to keep everyone's spirits up. That includes trying to avoid them killing themselves by defying New Horizon openly. Zahid is scared to death of stepping out of line. After his twin was killed ("decommissioned") for rebellion, he follows orders with no comment and can be often found spouting the party line through gritted teeth.
Very focused to the collective rather than the individual, Zahid can be selfless even to his own detriment, trying to keep up the who-me-i'm-fine! stoic nonsense far beyond the point where pretending to be fine would be helpful. He can also be very nosy when trying to keep track of people's emotional states. He hates not knowing anything - being told to mind his own business is an easy way to annoy him. A mind like a steel trap. Excellent at multitasking and keeping track of things. Kind of a killjoy. Goes on every day through a grey fog of depression and has mostly been unable to find joy in anything since his brother's death. No hobbies - if he's not following orders or mother-henning fellow superheroes, he's not doing anything.

Appearance: His superhero outfit as the Knight of Chains is heavily armored with modern materials, stylized to look like medieval full plate mail. It's in tones of grey and rust-red and includes a helmet that hides his face. Olive skin with a smattering of freckles. Stands at 6'4", with wide shoulders and muscular build but with little definition. Dark brown hair, long and wavy, usually kept pulled back on a ponytail. Full beard. Black eyes.

History: A third-generation superhero. The Sadavir family have produced many superpowered over the years and has been around long enough to have been raised on stories of the wild and lawless age of vigilantes. His twin brother, Cyril (aka Knight of Thorns, the two of them being usually booked as a duo) was a firebrand who believed in the good old days. Four years ago, he tried to rally the younger generation of heroes into peaceful protest to demand more freedom - a movement which lasted all of twelve days before Cyril and several other young rebels were shot down for disobeying orders. Zahid was kept in solitary confinement and then under close observation with dampening cuffs and implants for some time after that, the first to avoid suicide attempts and to stop him if he tried to pick up where his brother left off. Zahid's been meticulously obedient since then and has performed well enough for New Horizon to remove the precautions for now.

Other: n/a

((would love some feedback on the power.))
Last edited by Foe Paw on Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Foe Paw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metronome » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:51 am

Neat! Accepted
Metronome

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Perri » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:38 am

I might have my character always have an almost empty backpack so she can switch to different bags at a time; this time. So on missions, she can easily swap bags to prepare.
Perri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Foe Paw » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:54 am

how do the swapping mechanics work? it sounds p fascinating and it's clear you got it worked out well. what's the advantage of swapping bags over having one with as large an entry point as possible and just keeping everything one might need there? is it to keep better inventory of what's in each bag so it can be tailored to missions?
Foe Paw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Perri » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:16 am

Yes, otherwise she has weapons in a bag that she uses only for school and such. Plus, she has to remember what ALL she puts in her bag, or else it could be lost forever in whatever dimension that holds all of her things. If she were to switch off bags early without emptying the contents of the other bag, those items are basically lost forever. There’s no re-opening it either.
Let’s say she had her homework in one bag and forgot about it. She switches bags, to a mission bag (whatever that would be), and if she tries to switch back to the regular bag, the homework could be gone on the “other side” OR if she’s lucky sometimes, depending on the situation, it could be sitting on the bottom.
She doesn’t have much control on either situations, it’s just stuff that happens. On missions, she usually has everything off to the side next to the bag that she would be using. Once she switches off, she can fill up the items in the bag. On occasion, she keeps a note in her pocket or something to remind her what’s all in the bag; Incase there was something important.

(Basically it could be pretty inconvenient..)
Last edited by Perri on Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Perri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me