The Matching Game || Discussion Thread

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Should we timeskip to the next day right now?

Yes
78%
No
22%

Total votes : 9

The Matching Game || Discussion Thread

Postby Ploegy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:46 pm

A discussion thread for this roleplay. Post all character forms here as well as any oc that is related to the roleplay. Feel free to discuss relationships, plot ideas and anything else that you can think of. Just try to keep it all on topic
Last edited by Ploegy on Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rex || The Driver

Postby Ploegy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:49 pm

➳name; rex
    ➳age; 16
    ➳gender; male
    ➳sexuality; heterosexual
    ➳crush; none
    ➳fandom; xenoblade chronicles 2

➳hair; brown
    ➳eyes; brown
    ➳skin tone; white
    ➳height; 5'4
    ➳weight; 138 lbs

➳abilities / powers; he is the only one able to wield the true power of the aegis and is able to push it to its extreme limits. he also shares his life force with the aegis given that she gave him half of her own to keep him alive. given that they have such a bond whenever he is hurt, she also gets hurt and vice versa. he also has a talent for salvaging and treasure hunting. he can also bond with core crystals and summon blades due to his status as a driver
    ➳weapons; his weapon is a bit of an odd one. his blade is known as the aegis sword which is powered by pyra/mythra and with them he is granted access to fire and light abilities that are channeled through the sword itself. he also has an anchor hook that he wears on his wrist that mostly is used for helping him reach higher places, but can also be used to attack if need be

➳personality; rex is quite the optimist and his friends often tell him that he is too much so. always seeming to have a positive attitude no matter the situation he is a cheery teen. he also is quite brave and always putting himself at risk in order to protect those around him. he never seems to know when to give up and has a drive to him that often pushes him to his own limits and ends up with him getting hurt in the end. it is noted that he is a very passionate boy and follows his dreams the best he can though he doesn't do it for himself but rather for pyra/mthyra. his true desire is to protect those he loves and that is the reason he keeps on fighting even if he might be at a disadvantage. it is hard to push him from his path or to get him to quit once he has put his mind to something. some say he is daft, but in actuality he is quite smart a kid his age due to the things he picked up while he was a salvager. it is also known that rex has a deep bond with pyra/mythra though he often tries to hide it from others not wanting them to think there is something between them. when it comes to such feels he is extremely awkward and tends to blush far too easily. it is rather easy to embarrass him.

➳history; the place of his birth is unknown as well as the first two years of his life, but at the age of two his mother arrived in fonsett village on the verge of death. rex was taken in by corrine after his mother died and his father was found dead not too far from town. spending most of his childhood in the village, he eventually took up becoming a salvager at a relatively young age and would make his new home on the back of a small titan known as azurda whom he called gramps. for several years he lived in such a manner and sent money home to corrine from whatever he managed to sell to help the other children she was raising. eventually he was approached by the chairman bana to accompany a team of drivers on a special mission. he took the job and during the mission he came to meet pyra. having touched her core crystal, one of the drivers present, jin, instantly killed him knowing they couldn't afford someone resonating with the blade. however, pyra offered rex half her life force if he would take her to elysium. agreeing, the two escaped the group and began on their journey to make it to the top of the world tree.

➳other; rex has a titan companion azurda whom he calls "gramps." azurda typically rides in rex's helmet
Last edited by Ploegy on Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Gold || Johto's Finest

Postby Ploegy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:50 pm

➳name; gold
    ➳age; 18
    ➳gender; male
    ➳sexuality; bisexual
    ➳crush; none
    ➳fandom; pokemon special / pokemon adventures

➳hair; black
    ➳eyes; gold
    ➳skin tone; white
    ➳height; 5'11
    ➳weight; 140 lbs

➳abilities / powers; none
    ➳weapons; his pokemon: ataro (ambipom), explotaro (typhlosion), politaro (politoed), utaro (sudowoodo), sintaro (sunflora), & togetaro (togekiss). he also carries around a billiard cue which he uses to shoot his pokeballs from time to time, but could very easily use it as a weapon

➳personality; gold is a fiery young man who loves into get in the middle of things. he is mischievous yet can be quite friendly when he wishes. most of the time he likes to get in people's faces and anger them until he gets what he wants from them. when in battle, sometimes he rushes into action without a real plan and ends up regretting it later. he always believes that he can do it by himself without much planning when in reality it's better for him to have a plan to execute. when it comes to his pokemon he cares deeply for them and would do anything to protect them from harm. they are his friends and partners and he knows that they need to be strong together to succeed in winning. he has quite the ego to him and often let's it show through far too much and it often keeps him from admitting when he's truly hurt or is unable to accomplish something. some say he is unfit to be a dex holder due to his childish ways and his overly egotistical attitude, but he has proven again and again how strong he truly is. though he may not seem like the type to lay it all on the line, he is willing to sacrifice whatever he must to protect not only the region, but those that he holds close to him. this boy is also quite the flirt, especially toward women, though don't put it past him to get flirty with a guy he might find attractive.

➳history; gold's adventure began when joey took him to prof. elm's lab and sees totodile being stolen by silver. gold used cyndaquail to try and stop him. his rivals silver and crystal, they fight with red's team against masked man, and in the end, are able to cure pryce (the true identity of the mask of ice) of his sadness with the help of celebi. after red, blue, green, yellow, and silver are petrified into stone by the after-effects of the energy blast caused by deoxys, gold and crystal re-appear in the battle frontier, where emerald, ruby, and sapphire are battling against guile hideout, in hopes of achieving a goal that the current main characters are clueless about; reviving their old companions, who are statues trapped at the end of the top room of the battle tower. later, they are surprised when red said that why won't they hold a match and each and every pokédex holder will join, it is known that emerald won it. three years after such events, gold arrives in the pokéathlon dome, looking for a person with information he is supposed to meet with. the person never shows up and gold starts investigating. the disappearance of the person in question might have something to do with the sudden recent sightings of team rocket. silver, gold and crystal carry out investigations to see who the mastermind behind all this is. their investigations lead them to the sinjoh ruins where the mastermind's plan, involving the legendary pokémon arceus, is unfolded.

➳other; none
Last edited by Ploegy on Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Mythra || The Aegis

Postby Ploegy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:50 pm

➳name; mythra
    ➳age; 500+ appears 17
    ➳gender; female
    ➳sexuality; pansexual
    ➳crush; none
    ➳fandom; xenoblade chronicles 2

➳hair; blonde
    ➳eyes; brown
    ➳skin tone; white
    ➳height; 5'9
    ➳weight; unknown, but noted to be heavy via rex

➳abilities / powers; mythra is what is known as a blade, but not just any blade. she is the aegis; a blade that was created by the architect. unlike other blades, she keeps all her memories and does not return to her core crystal, though now that she has given half her life force to rex that has changed. she has light abilities that she is able to grant her driver via the aegis sword and she also is known to have control over several artifices that are at her beck and call. when paired with her driver, she is able to create temporary shields to block attacks and has an ability known as foresight that allows her to slow down the movements of an attacker in order to give her driver a chance to dodge and attack back. unlike other blades, she doesn't have to draw ether and if her driver is worked up enough she can power their weapon purely through the sheer determination and willpower of them
    ➳weapons; the aegis sword which is currently with her driver, rex

➳personality; mythra is a stern and yet snappy blade. she is extremely sensitive and often gets mad at others for things that were not even their fault. she is a bit cold toward rex and hates that he is such an optimist. at times she can be very pessimistic though she has a strong sense of justice. she is rather intelligent and is a force to be reckoned with when angered. when she sets her mind to something she keeps to it and doesn't let anyone or anything get in her way. though she is a bit on the cold side, she is extremely protective and can actually be rather kind hearted when she wants to. it is known that she is very strong willed and will quickly take control without a second thought

➳history; originally created by the architect along with one other aegis blade, mythra was claimed by a driver known as addam during the great aegis war in order to stop the other aegis and bring the war to an end. together with her driver they defeated the other, but due to the sheer power that she had used 3 grand titans sank and many lives were lost as a result. to assure that such a thing never happened again, mythra told her driver to seal her away and sink her into the cloud sea where nobody would be able to find her and use her power again. reverting to pyra before doing such, addam did as he was told and for 500 years she lay at rest in the cloud sea. a small band of torna drivers took to finding her and they recruited rex to help given that he was a salvager and knew how to deal with the cloud sea better than they did. however, rex would touch the crystal on pyra's blade and instantly be killed by jin as an attempt to make sure the aegis was not awoken. pyra would however give half her life force to the boy in exchange that he bring her to elysuim. together they escaped from the torna group and would take off on their adventure to make it to the world tree. later, when rex was on the edge of dying once again, mythra would make herself known and protect him, giving him the kind of strength to fend off the torna and protect not only himself but the others with them. she greatly dislikes him for forcing her to do such

➳other; for whatever reason, she has been separated from pyra whom she normally had to switch with to have control on the aegis' power
Last edited by Ploegy on Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Yvette || Beast Driver

Postby Ploegy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:51 pm

➳name; yvette
    ➳age; 22
    ➳gender; female
    ➳sexuality; demisexual
    ➳crush; none
    ➳fandom; xenoblade chronicles 2 oc

➳hair; light brown with blond-ish tips
    ➳eyes; green
    ➳skin tone; white
    ➳height; 5'2
    ➳weight; 127 lbs

➳abilities / powers; she has the ability to bond with core crystals and summon blades like any other driver. if she dies, her blade(s) return to their core crystals and lose all memories
    ➳weapons; her weapon comes in the form of a rather basic pale gold sword which she has dubbed as armageddon. this weapon was granted to her by her main blade, ewok, who also can use the sword and grants it water abilities. ewok, himself, is a large dog blade that fights alongside yvette and he is considered to be a tank type of blade, granting his user far more durability in combat than they would have without him. ewok also is used as a mode of transportation given his large stature

➳personality; yvette is a passionate soul and does whatever it takes to stay alive. she is often willing to lend those in need a hand as long as there is some kind of reward involved. she is extremely driven by money given how poor she was during her youth. though she is a bit greedy, she is a rather kind soul and treats those who she finds decent with the respect. by no means does she get along with everyone though. being a bit of a loud mouth at times, she can be rather annoying and irritate others. even ewok has to tell her to shut up from time to time. also don't put it past her to lie her way out of things and try to get away with some of the actions she takes. she isn't one to always own up to her mistakes and often runs away from her problems rather than confronting them head on. she is also noted to be a bit on the mischievous side and enjoys playing pranks on others for her own amusement, though it often causes her to get scolded by ewok, especially now that she is an adult. her childish ways are often frowned upon by many, but she tries to have a fun time and make the most of her life. when her life is put at risk however, she gets extremely serious and is easily angered. though she isn't the greatest of fighters, she has plenty of determination and grit to her

ewok on the other hand is a very serious and stern blade. though he has no memories of his previous life before being summoned by yvette, he is very much unlike his driver. he takes a more strategic outlook on everything while she is all about brute force. together they balance each other out, but it becomes a struggle to draw out his full power because of his imbalance between them. nonetheless, he puts up with her ways and accepts her for who she is much like he does with others. he is a very forgiving and accepting dog and often takes liking to people far too quickly. whenever yvette decides to get into any kind of trouble, he often stays out of it and scolds her in the end, finding it pointless to get caught up in her shenanigans. he is often the one apologizing to those his driver has done wrong to. overall, he may be serious, but he is a kind soul and can be looked to for much needed guidance

➳history; born in the kingdom of tantal to a rather poor family, yvette's childhood was nothing all too wonderful. much like most of the people from the kingdom, it was a struggle to not starve and yvette wasn't safe from such either. her family was in a constant struggle and prices of goods within the kingdom sometimes were far too high for her family to afford. it wasn't unusual for her to go hungry and the likes. by the time she was twelve years old, she devise a plan to leave the kingdom. it was a nearly impossible task given tantal's state of isolation, but one day she managed to board a visiting merchant's ship and escape to a better life on the gormott titan. living as a child on the street, she still often went hungry and struggled, but at least food was more common and it wasn't freezing like it was back in tantal. eventually, she was taken in by a couple who could not have children of their own and they raised her as one of her own even though she did not have the gormotti features they had. even with a home however, she still stuck to the manners she had become accustom to while living on the streets. she'd steal and beg to get things she wanted. a few years after her arrival in torigoth city, she took notice of the imperial army's presence in the town and the core crystals they brought in order to find people who were able to become drivers and join the army. having no intentions on joining their ranks, in the night she snatched a core crystal and decided to find out if she was able to resonate with it. by the time the soldiers found her, she had already used the crystal and summoned the blade that would become her partner, ewok. having no skill with a sword, ewok simply fled with the teen. the two took shelter in the forest where the canine trained his new driver turned her into a decent sword fighter within a few months. by this time she returned back to the village and was welcomed back by the family that had taken her in. since then, yvetta has taken up the role as a mercenary and helps out villagers in need.

➳other; art is my own ignore the sloppiness of it
Last edited by Ploegy on Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Matching Game || Discussion Thread

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:03 pm

Image ( ;~; i keep changing his photo)

Name: Hawthorne Montiagh

Nickname: Thorny, Captain, also Captain Stuffed Shirt

Species: Earth/ metal druid

Appearance: Hawthorne is very tall and muscular. He's very toned from training. He has well kept black hair with dark green fringes, though it's often on the longer side. He has several various scars, most on his chest. He has several tattoos along his chest and on his biceps. Hawthorne walks around with a constant disapproving frown. He usually wears dark colored clothes or his species armor. He NEVER seems to take off his armor or his scarlet colored cape. He also carries a sword on his belt.

Personality: Hawthorn's large stature and confident attitude commands respect. He is a VERY powerful guy. Every druid knows about his achievements on the battle field. He is Captain of the royal guard at his home. Because of that, he can seem a bit stuck up. He's harsh and cold if is doesn't like you. But, he is very warm to everyone else. He loves protecting the city and cares about every druid. To the point where he knows nearly EVERYONE by name. He is strict with his soldiers and demands nothing but respect and loyalty. He may seem rough and harsh, but he is an emotional marshmallow deep, deep, down. Hawthorne is willing to give his life protecting the people he loves. He's VERY, VERY, VERY overprotective, especially about his sisters.

Relationships: open

Family: His many younger siblings and parents

Weapon: His trusty long sword. He NEVER goes without it. The hilt has a lion on the handle

Does your character hate the Quell, Howlers or Humans?: YES, he hates Howlers and humans. Though he hates Howlers much more

Notes: Don't cross him in a bad mood. He loves cleaning (don't tell any one) and has an eye for design. Hawthorne can't stand messiness or laziness
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:07 pm

Image[/left]

Full Name: Full Name: Alena-Rose Jackson

Nickname: Peaches

Sexuality: Hetro

Nationality: Irish/American

Species: Aura Nymph

Appearance: Very tall and thin, her stature is very willowy. Peaches has reddish auburn hair, which she usually keeps in a low bun. Her skin is fair and her shoulders, arms and face are covered with freckles. She usually wears a black sweater, a demin jacket, skirt, and a scarf when she's not preforming. She also wears very thick glasses which help control her power as well helping her see. She usually wears a lot of jewelry as well, mostly wooden bracelets and strange charms.

Personality: Peaches is a very, very shy person. She is quiet and rather bookish. Usually, she keeps to herself and out of everyone's way. On stage, she is very graceful and seems to completely focus in on her performance. Peaches' best trait is that she is always willing to help out anyone who needs it. Her worst trait is that she won't stick up for herself or for anyone else.

Description of Power: Peaches is an aura nymph, she can do a lot of tricks with her power. Most are just tricks and illusions, but she can be powerful. Peaches can do a few simple tricks, like projecting her own aura as objects or animals. She can use her gold colored aura to create the illusion of things as large as an elephant. The animals or objects she summons appear like golden powdery versions of themselves. She can "read" their aura to tell what someone is thinking, their moods or even project some of their memories. Peaches can even control the people's emotions, but she rarely does this.

Likes: Books, cats, bagels, sweaters, dance and theater, her motorcycle

Dislikes: fried chicken or any other meat

Fears: Falling

Other: She is nearly blind without her glasses; all she can see is auras of living things

Crush: Open
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ploegy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:30 pm

Do they have a specific fandom or are they fandomless ocs?
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:39 pm

Ploegy wrote:
    Do they have a specific fandom or are they fandomless ocs?

They dont have a fandom, i though on the rules it said that was okay
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ploegy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:43 pm

Yes it is pretty fine. I was just making sure in case you had forgotten or something ^^ They are both accepted
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me