Welcome to Alola Discussion Thread

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Welcome to Alola Discussion Thread

Postby Ploegy » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:04 pm

This is a discussion thread for this roleplay. Here is where ooc can go and any questions you may have. Any discussion on plot ideas or looking for someone to interact with can also go here. If you want to discuss relationship possibilities that can go here as well. Anything dealing with the roleplay can be discussed here.
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Welcome to Alola Discussion Thread

Postby Novi » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:33 pm

woo! discussion thread oDo
I'm submitting a new character - a beginning female trainer, because we don't have enough of either of those xD
so once she's up and accepted and all that, would anyone like to run into her? <:

EDIT;; edited in her form! <3 it's on LuCreaux's post rip
Novi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ploegy » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:32 pm

She is accepted ^^
I like that she's an older beginning trainer. We definitely needed some of those

Also just to make it clear, beginning trainers don't have to have an Alolan starter

I would offer for her to run into my characters, but they're all talking with others, but I'd be open with her running into may Gold and Corey or maybe Fuel and Faolin

Also someone ship with me. I need ships cuz I'm that kind of person
───── ( ploegy ★ she / they ★ roleplayer & artist ★ weeb gamer ) ─────────────────────────────────
──────────────────────────────────────────────── ( my belovedmy guardian angel ) ──────
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Silver Nekogami » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:05 pm

I might be adding a new character, just so you know. Likely female as well. Well, no, I'm positive they'll be female. I just have to finalize their concept. I mess around with ideas a lot. I'll probably edit her into my already submitted form with Nikias, as it would make more sense than spamming the thread with another one.

Also, because I'm pretty sure I made it really, really unclear, I would personally classify Nikias as a beginner. While he has experience, a lot of it, he's retained like 5% of it. So yeah. Just to clarify. Because I suck at that.

I'll ship with you. If you want.

I'm so awkward, I'm sorry.
The Silver Nekogami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ploegy » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:21 pm

Alright I actually think I forgot to put him on the front. That's my bad lol and I thought I was on top of it
But you know what I'll make intermediate trainers and put him there since that's where he kinda fits in and I don't know why I don't have that option lol
Just let me know when you add her so I can look over her forum and add her to the front as well

Yes ship with me. I gotta figure out who first
───── ( ploegy ★ she / they ★ roleplayer & artist ★ weeb gamer ) ─────────────────────────────────
──────────────────────────────────────────────── ( my belovedmy guardian angel ) ──────
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Silver Nekogami » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:29 pm

Don't worry about it. It's cool.

Yeah, that would probably be good. Most people don't think about people who kinda fall in the middle though. I mean, I usually don't. Don't know about you though.

Alright. It might be tomorrow, it might be late tonight, I don't know. Who needs sleep (I do. Probably.)
Alright! ^.^ I'll help. If I can.
The Silver Nekogami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ploegy » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:39 pm

Alright I added the intermediate trainer ranking now. Probably gonna limit the elites now since we have so many

I might actually make myself an intermediate trainer now tbh. But 5 characters. I always end up having so many characters cuz I can't stop myself.

I just gotta figure who would be perfect. That's always the struggle in ships
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Silver Nekogami » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:45 pm

Yeah... People like having trainers with experience because, in most cases, they have experience. Personally, I don't really care, but I know it's hard for a lot of vets to just crank back their knowledge to the base level.

Okay, story time. There was this roleplay I was running once, many a year ago (2 years ago, I think), and I had like, 20 or so characters. Yeah. I've long since just taken the idea and been like "I'm going to make a book out of this". I never have, but it's like my little mental universe so that's cool.

True, true.
The Silver Nekogami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ploegy » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:02 pm

I mean for me I just have 3 canon characters which are typically "experienced" trainers, but I mean Moon is the only one with a full party with her. Besides for me it's more of the characters personalities than how good of a trainer they are

That sounds like me in one of my other roleplays. I think I had 15 characters. Was crazy

Depending on what character I decide to make for this other trainer, maybe that would spark something. I gotta decide which oc of mine I'm gonna use though
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Silver Nekogami » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:13 pm

Yeah. It makes sense. And the one non-canon trainer you have is a beginner, which evens things out, really.

I just get so involved in these ideas I have that poof, they multiply.

Okay, but like, all of pokemon OCs are really, really intricate. Their backstories and adventures are so set in stone and carefully crafted (also entirely weaved around my brother's characters because he and I bounce ideas off each other. A lot.) that I absolutely hate using them in roleplays because a. they don't fit the guidelines, b. they don't fit with the roleplay's mood (we have some... interesting characters) or c. I feel like I'm doing them an injustice because I'm weird like that.

(In total, I think I have 8. I'll have to double check.)

For Alola, I have two, a boy and a girl. Neither of which I plan on using for this (for the reasons listed above).

Nikias was actually a mix of the two, if you're wondering.

Anyway, yeah, that was probably really uninteresting to read. I'm sorry.

The Silver Nekogami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me