Additional Elements & Title
Of course every roleplay needs a title, but choosing one is not always easy.
You should decide on a title after you've finished defining your plot and the world. You might think of a title the moment you start, but once you've gone through the process of world/plot development your title might not suit the story anymore, so be ready to change it.
Your title should be a hint of what lies ahead, without giving too much information away. Yet you should try to include the most important information.
That title says what the roleplay is about – obviously a roleplay based on the Warriors novels, but it is not really interesting and would probably be passed without taking a closer look. If you instead write something like “A New Dawn (Warriors)” users will still know that this is a Warrior Cat roleplay, yet it sounds a lot more interesting and writers might be curious what lies behind that title.
2. “Highschool Romance”
Just like in the example above this title hold all information, but is not really appealing.
If you choose “Chase of Hearts (Highschool RP)” you again show all important information and still keep it interesting.
- Proper capitalization: Important words and names get capitalized while fillers like “and, of, or, the...” stay small.
- Pretty letters and symbols are allowed to be used, but please do not over-use them, this only gets confusing and hard to read. Also, they make it so users cannot search for your roleplay in the site’s search function, so you may get less interest.
- If your title doesn’t show the genre of the roleplay it’s a good idea to include a description in parentheses in the title to help users find a roleplay they like and gain a little advertisement when the roleplay shows up on the home page.
- It’s also a good idea to include whether your roleplay is open to new members or not in the title. Additionally some titles will state whether the roleplay has started or not.
Additional elements are not a must have; yet they are able to give the roleplay more depth, provide more information and push the plot forward.
Some ideas for additional elements:
- Prophecies & Omens
- Vocabulary (i.e. Warrior Cats have a lot of special vocabulary like two-legs for humans)
...and more (there are no limits for your imagination)