Game of Survival || Discussion Thread

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Re: Game of Survival || Discussion Thread

Postby Ploegy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:00 am

Accepted and yes Izabella can have Sqweeks with her
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shadowloversmothie » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:56 am

When can we post? I’m sorry if that’s annoying
ѕㄖ𝔪ⓔόή𝐞 ώ𝓱๏ 丂ŦάᶰDs 𝐟ØŘ N𝔬𝕥𝒽ᶤℕG

Hello! I am shadow, I am hamilton trash. I love hamilton, musicals, animals, art, animation, memes, hamilton memes, nature AND PEGGY! Feel free to chat with me in PM’s about hamilton or anything I’m open to help anyone so send over a pm!

credit Shadow Adopts | V1 30 day art challenge!

ғΔⓁ𝐋丂 Ƒ𝐨г A𝓝𝕪𝕋н𝐢ภ𝕘.
shadowloversmothie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ploegy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:00 am

I'd like to wait until the Yellow and White teams get a couple more members before posting starts since they don't have as many members as the Red and Black teams do
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Timoria » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:39 pm

➳name; Holo
    ➳age; 700+ (looks about 15)
    ➳gender; female
    ➳sexuality; heterosexual
    ➳crush; none here
    ➳fandom; Spice and Wolf
    ➳team; white

➳hair; brown
    ➳eyes; red
    ➳skin tone; white
    ➳height; 160 cm
    ➳weight; 43 kg

➳abilities / powers; As a wolf goddess, Holo can also transform into a gigantic brown and white wolf over 5 meters tall after she ingests wheat or human blood. When needed she can also use her loud howl to burst any unprepared eardrums. It is so loud it can be heard for miles. She can also detect any lie. While this probably won’t apply to anything, she can make wheat grow at will.
    ➳weapons; None

➳personality; Overall, Holo is prideful, clever, and quick witted like any respectable wolf should be. While technically a deity she does have human feelings. She is typically haughty and independent but is secretly scared of being lonely. Holo is cunning and good at manipulating people but she only uses this trait when she feels it is necessary to do so. Due to her long life she is very good at reading people and their thoughts. Even the slightest change in expression can tell her a lot about what someone is thinking. She is a little childish sometimes and she has fun teasing others every once in awhile.

➳other; Im sure one of my characters will die so might as well add another so that I can keep playing afterwards.
Timoria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ploegy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:41 pm

Accepted and characters won't necessarily have to die so you don't need to worry too much. It entirely up to you as the roleplayer if they die or not since I do not feel that it is fair to tell someone their character is going to be killed
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bigwig. » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:54 pm

I've finished a second form on page 1, to add someone else to the yellow team
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ploegy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:15 pm

Just one question, what is his age? Other than that he is accepted ^^ Just wanted to get an age for the front

Once 2 more Yellow members and 1 more White we will begin. That way all teams have at least 5 to start
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bigwig. » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:30 pm

^ whoops, sorry I missed that, must not have been in the original coding - it's fixed now (though his age is approximate as well since he's been sorta randomly pulled from his timeline)
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ploegy » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:06 am

That is perfectly fine. I'll add him to the front sometime during the day tomorrow or I guess today
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wormgod » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:23 am

➳name; Phoebe Newmaker and Sraif; at least, that's the closest humans can come to saying its name.
    ➳age; Phoebe is 23. Sraif estimates to be around 20 in 'human years'.
    ➳gender; Phoebe is cisfemale. Sraif's species is hermaphroditic and has no concept of gender. It prefers 'it' or 'they', but will respond to 'he' or 'she' and politely correct the speaker.
    ➳sexuality; Phoebe is heterosexual. Sraif is only interested in others of its species.
    ➳crush; N/A
    ➳fandom; None. My own superhero creation.
    ➳team; White

➳hair; Dyed blonde, faded to a dusty tan. Her hair is shaved and parted asymmetrically.
    ➳eyes; Blue
    ➳skin tone; White
    ➳height; 5'5"
    ➳weight; 135 pounds

➳abilities / powers; Mild telepathy, electromagnetic field manipulation (self), advanced knowledge of science, supersuit, the history of Yith and their side of the galaxy.

Phoebe is an ordinary human. All of the abilities gained are from combining the two, the joining of two willing minds working towards a shared goal. Technically all of the abilities are Sraif's, but by living inside Phoebe's head, they are boosted. To clarify:
    Sraif's species, dubbed "Yithians", are a symbiotic organism that can only live in a very specific environment. The slightest change from that environment spells doom for the delicate organism. They must live in a warm, wet, electrically charged environment rich in oxygenated fluid. The best place to find that? A cranium. The brain provides the best environment, as it is warm, surrounded by fluid and oxygen-rich blood, and has a steady bioelectrical current. Furthermore, Sraif's species can take perfect advantage of living on top of someone else's brain. Their own brain, which takes up more than 2/3rd's of their body, can connect to the host's and supplement or hijack it. When doing so, the Yithians natural abilities are boosted and they gain uncanny control over the host's body--even over involuntary processes, like the heartbeat, hormones, and cell growth.
    It is possible to take over, but hard to maintain control over an unwilling host. It is much better to live in an artificial body or have a willing host, like Phoebe.
    Sraif's species is gifted with telepathy. Sraif can talk via telepathy to people within Phoebe's sight, and can read the mind of someone being touched by Phoebe (a strong mind can repel the invasion). Sraif also can augment Phoebe's electromagnetic field into a defensive shield and a weapon. Enemies can find themselves forcibly repelled as if by a powerful magnetic pole pushing away a like charge. It also adds force to Phoebe's punches and kicks, and can be used to push or pull on magnetic objects, like bullets. This ability is amplified with Phoebe's supersuit, an electrically charged full body suit that allows her greater reach away from her body. The suit is navy blue and covers her whole body. There are black eye markings, but no symbols or decorations.
    But the pair have three big weaknesses. Sraif needs to enter and leave Phoebe's cranium to eat and similar activities. Outside of Phoebe, Sraif is a half-blind, deaf slug-like creature that could so easily get stepped on. Getting to Phoebe's head also required burrowing through her left ear and puncturing her skull with its beak. Being an alien with great knowledge of engineering, Sraif added a "doorway" of sorts that also acts as a hearing aid, but this device is weak and can be destroyed with a good hit. That will be painful and potentially lethal if the shrapnel goes into Phoebe's brain. And the last weakness comes from Sraif herself: electricity. While humans aren't too good at handling electricity on their own, we don't usually have an extra brain sitting on top of our own. A high enough charge will send the pair into a highly dangerous form of seizure and may cause Phoebe's body to reject Sraif like a transplant and start attacking it. To save them both, Sraif would have to leave Phoebe, which puts them both into a weakened state.

➳weapons; EMF manipulation, martial arts

When joined, the duo's electromagnetic field manipulation is a powerful weapon. Objects and enemies can be thrown as long as they are near her. The field also strengthens Phoebe's punches and kicks. Ever since 'meeting' Sraif, Phoebe has been attending karate and kung fu lessons, and that knowledge comes in handy.

➳background;
    Sraif: Sraif comes from a planet called Y!th (pronounced Yi-clicking sound-th, which humans just call Yith) on the opposite side of the Milky Way galaxy about two million years ago. The Yithians evolved from opportunistic parasites that would take over the minds of a monkey-like species, and use them for mobility, shelter, and greater senses. Over the millions of years of this relationship, the Yithian ancestor lost the ability to live outside of a host. Their society evolved around this necessary slavery, and nearly all conflicts can be traced back to how they should treat their hosts. During their Industrial Revolution, one Yithian invented a false body that could be used instead of an unwilling host. This first attempt was not a permanent solution as it only extended the time a Yithian could stay outside of a real body, but the idea was planted and the end of slavery dawned.
    Within a hundred years, the false body was perfected. No longer were they required to enslave another. Now they could live inside a false body that could be augmented for whatever purpose. Bodies became fashion accessories, work uniforms, playtime outfits, statement pieces, whatever you wanted the world to see, the false body filled the place. The Yithians never invented true cars: instead they invented a false body with wheels that rocked back and forth to produce speed. They never invented airplanes: instead, they invented many different winged false bodies, including a gigantic hollow bird-like body that could hold cargo and other bodies. The only ships the Yithians invented were from before the Industrial Revolution. Those slow-moving ships were replaced with gigantic whale-like bodies that functioned as a ship and a submarine. In fact, the only vehicle they actually invented was the spaceship. The spaceship was invented purely because their false bodies could not handle the vacuum of space or the extreme radiation. Instead, they invented a ship, and a body that could handle a few hours outside for any quick repairs. They took to the stars on a quest for knowledge.
    Yithians also invented a technology that humans yearn for: the time machine. A few thousand years after seeding the stars with ships and colonies, a Yithian at home invented a time machine. It went forward and came back to tell that, in a few thousand years, all the Yithians will be eradicated by a conquering race. It met with the Yithians of that time, and they knew and accepted their immediate eradication. They did not care, for they had mastered time travel and already seeded their empire millions of years in the future and in the past.
    From that point forward, the Yithian race stopped caring about most things and instead dedicated themselves to knowledge. They no longer really had to care about extinction, war, or their extraplanetary neighbors, because time travel had evolved to be able to take billions of individuals anywhere. Why care when you had the best get-out-of-jail-free card in existence?
    Sraif, of course, is on a quest for knowledge. Specifically, knowledge on the other side of the galaxy. It went forward two million years to see what existed in this time and place. Sadly, it found one of the few planets that doesn't like unexpected guests. When its spaceship entered our atmosphere, it was picked up by multiple nations satellites and quickly found itself surrounded by British, Russian, American, and Belgian jets, all circling its hovering craft. All of them were ready to attack, and they all tried to contact the unknown aircraft by radio. Of course, alien aircrafts don't use human radio, and Sraif was busy trying to contact them by flicking the outside lights on and off, and in multiple colors. The Russians saw the flickering lights as a threat, and fired. The other jets fired as well. Sraif's craft went down in the middle of the Colorado river in Austin, Texas. The last thing Sraif saw was a cloud of strange flying creatures, thousands of them, all around its flaming ship.
    The ship took on murky water fast. In the crash, Sraif's artificial body was damaged and was also taking on water. It exited the body and furiously swam for the surface, hoping that maybe, just maybe, one of the aquatic life on this planet had an ear canal. It found a large body rushing towards the sinking ship, someone big and warm. Sraif swam towards it, and when it was trying to pry open the airlock, Sraif struck. It burrowed through the ear canal as fast as it could and took over.
    Sraif was born during the age of false bodies. It had never experienced the mind of another. The images, sensations, and emotions that flooded its mind and they both froze in shock. In that moment, they almost drowned, until both of their survival instincts took over and Phoebe swam to the surface. Then Sraif took control again, swam to shore, and walked past Phoebe's shocked and confused friends. Sraif managed to keep control long enough to take the pair into an alley-- a safe place to break down. The two kinda got lost in eachother's minds, just riding the wave of thoughts from eachother. Sraif learned everything about Phoebe, and vice versa.
    They sat in that alley for six hours until thirst, hunger, and exhaustion took over. They stopped at a pharmacy to pick up water, a protein bar, alcohol wipes and a big bandaid for Phoebe's bleeding ear. They went back to the crash site, but already the authorities were there: rescue divers, Homeland Security, and suspicious unmarked black vans. The ship was halfway out of the water, being tugged into an unmarked shipping crate--probably going to some secret airbase for study.

And then they took a bus home and tried to figure out how to live together.

Phoebe: Phoebe was born in Austin, Texas to a pair of political activists. Her mother was the head editor of the city newspaper, and her father worked at the local homeless shelter. She grew up learning about science and math at school, then coming home and learning about the current events in the world. She went to protests, volunteered for congressmen and special interest groups, and watched the news. She was a bit of an enigma to the kids at school, since she would ask them what they thought of the evening news (of course, no other kid watched the news. Why watch the news when Naruto was on?). Phoebe was a teacher's pet and peeve, since she was not one to sit back and listen. She asked questions. Depending on the teacher, she was their favorite or their worst student. In high school, Phoebe was on school government and the head of the Young Democrats club. She organized a special lesson to teach kids about the importance of media literacy: that is, knowing the difference between hoax stories and real news. That made her a target for the next month, since she essentially gave all the kids more homework.
    Phoebe, of course, went to college for Political Science. Her thesis is on the current crisis that is the "superhero" thing: these strange superpowered vigilantes that were popping up all over the place. She planned to go to the Union of Superheros meeting as a freelance reporter...until the day when she was out at the Riverwalk with some friends and saw a flaming aircraft crash into the Colorado River. The noise alone scared the bats out from under the bridge, and broke a few windows. The crash also splashed everyone within twenty feet of the Riverwalk. Already soaking wet and presented with what looked like a crashed jet, Phoebe dove into the river to save the pilot. Her friends shouted at her to stop, to call 911, but she didn't listen.

The Colorado River is murky, but the "jet" was big and the sunlight showed what looked like the emergency exit next to the cockpit. Later, she would look back at that memory and remember the false body--which does NOT look humanoid in the slightest. It's shaped more like a spider, with multiple legs and arms to help climb around the outside of the spaceship while in space--floating near the blown out windows at the edge of her vision. That should have been a clue that this wasn't a jet. But Phoebe was too busy tugging on the handle to notice.

Suddenly a sharp pain hit her ear. Something was squirming into her ear. She screamed and lost all her air as the thing hit something--her eardrum--at the back of her ear. Phoebe tried to yank it out, but it was already too far into her ear canal to reach and then oh god more pain and--

Flashes of light. Dark. Memories of going to college for Bioengineering and Xenobiology. Oh dear, that Xenobiology teacher was so dull, wasn't it? What was its name? Oh, right. Professor San!dp. Listen! Surface.

Oh right. They're drowning. They're drowning. Who else is here? It's just me, Sraif.

The two surfaced. Phoebe gasped in air and remembered that she existed. Something was in her mind that she had to get out. But right now, that thing was in control, and Phoebe felt as if she was floating somewhere else and the other thing was inside her body. It took them out of the water, past her scared friends, and down the street into an alley. Phoebe felt herself get closer and closer into her body until she was back--but the other thing was also there, and the flashes of memories that aren't her own came again.

Time seemed to not exist as the two watched the stream of consciousness flowed through their minds. Sraif learned that Phoebe truly cared about her planet, and jumped into the water to save whoever was in the downed ship. Phoebe learned that, ironically, she did save the pilot--by providing a compatible body. Sraif learned that, despite the hostile takeover, Phoebe was willing to provide a home, since the two already knew eachother more than anyone else possibly could so it was impossible to further breach privacy, and she knew that Sraif would die without a body, she did not want anyone else to experience this, especially one who wouldn't be willing...and having an alien inside her head made her feel unique. She could now be one of the superheroes she idolized--help the world more than just arguing at congressmen or falling for the paradox of voting. And she knew exactly what Sraif could do. And now they were one. One being. A symbiotic relationship so close the lines between one individual and the next blurred to nothingness. A symbiote.

And so the pair, as Symbiote, went to a pharmacy to clean up their ear while planning how to use Phoebe's dead iPhone to make a hearing aid and entrance to her head, because she now has an open hole to her brain, and how the heck they would hide their existence from their roommate.

➳other; When the two are together, they call eachother 'Symbiote'. When they are together, they do not think as individual beings,
    but as one sole being.
Last edited by Wormgod on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wormgod

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me